Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Staff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:08 pm
User Image

---&
<--- sтяιρ мε ηαкε∂

❝I'm just a bad girl, that's why we get along❞

❝Won't make excuses for anything I'm doing wrong❞

❝I'll pull the trigger in a flash❞

click click click, The heels made the familiar sound as Inari made her way into the great hall. All the former students had taken there place and were excitedly talking of theirs summers and the year to come. She liked to listen as she made her way to the staff table the children all talk so excitedly and it made her heart swell just a little at their joy of being here. She needed all the good feelings she could get as of current she didn't have a lot going on. The school was her baby and there for her focus. She hadn't even had time to go on a date or hell just find a guy.

She reached the table and walked down making polite hello's to those there. Sitting down she had her game face on. Serious but soft at the corners of her mouth. She appeared as if she could scold you in one moment and praise you in the next. Inari liked to keep others guessing.

Once the sorting began it was just a matter of time till the hat yelled out it's last placement. As that was done, Inari stood and made her way around the table and up to the podium, letting the gold out spread out it's wings as she waited for the students to settle down from their new members.
"Hello, I am Inari Evernight, welcome to Hogwarts. I hope you will enjoy your time here as it is a wondrous place and can help you go far in life. For those of you returning, welcome back and I'm glad to see you made it through the break well.

Now to the rules. No magic outside of the classrooms. Do not enter the forest if you wish to live to see the end of the year. Now listen in your classes and you should do just fine."
She clapped her hands and the tables filled with food and drink. She smiled at the wonder in some of the new student's eyes. Many had yet to see real magic and this was just their first taste."Enjoy dinner and have fun, soon classes will start." She stepped down and let them get back to their talks. Getting back to her throne like chair, Inari took a seat. Picking up her drink she took a big gulp of the wine that now filled the cup. And so it starts, she thought looking over the busy hall.

❝Watch out honey, step back❞

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:31 pm
User Image
                                                You don't have to say you love me
                                                Just be close at hand
                                                You don't have to stay forever
                                                I will understand
                                                Believe me, believe me
                                                I can't help but love you

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════
                                                Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Hᴇᴀᴅ ᴏғ Hᴏᴜsᴇ || Dᴇᴘᴜᴛʏ Hᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ || Wɪᴢᴀʀᴅ Lᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ
                                                ════════════════════════

Timothy walked into the Great Hall, his mind preoccupied by other things while he headed to the Staff Table. Well, nothing to be done about that. It was the end of the year, and a pretty uneventful one at that. Now it was time to wrap up the year, which meant that he had to make announcements at the feast. Getting to the staff table, he stood before taking a seat and addressed the students. "Welcome everyone! It seems we have come to the end of another year, and of course the summer holidays. Now, before we get to all of that, we have some announcements regarding the cups to say. In fourth place, Ravenclaw with 180 points. In third, Hufflepuff with 330 points. In second, and runner up for the Quidditch Cup, Slytherin with 345 points. In first, and winner of the Quidditch and House Cup, Gryffindor with an astounding 555 points. Good job everyone, I hope everyone tries just as hard next year for the cups. Now, please, tuck in, and enjoy the last night of the school year!"

════════════════════════

Thinking: Well, Gryffindor did really well this year...
                                                Taken By: Lukas Brighton
                                                OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:54 pm
User Image
Professor Christina Anna Dechering
Healing Professor
Metamorphagus

Wand: Rigid, with a spiraled shaft, 11 3/8 inches, Mahogany, Pegasus Wing Feather
Former Chameleon Dorm Member at the Salem Institute of Witchfract and Wizardry
Emotional State: Content

Wearing: Blonde and in Black and Brown Pet: Lullaby, a black vulture Oldest of two. My looks may change but do I?

Professor Christina Dechering was in many ways relieved to see the end of the year. She was happy to see she had survived the year without too many problems and she had even ran into one of her fellow professors outside of work so that was refreshing. More importantly she honestly couldn't think of a single student who had actually done poorly on the NEWTs or the OWLs. So, obviously she either had very talented students and merely was half way competent in providing the students the tools they needed those years to succeed or she had done a job worth being proud of. She took a sip of the water in her glass as she listened to the Head of the Gryffindor House and the Deputy Headmaster announce the end results of both the Quidditch Cup and the House Cup. Gryffindor had won both with Slytherin as a runner up for each. It was the two houses she probably had the least amount of students from between all her years, but she politely clapped when the results were announced.

With a smile she began to eat her meal wondering if she would judge the house elves of Hogwarts or her sister to be a better cook. The house elves were better at cooking meat properly at least as Sophie Dechering tended to undercook almost any meat. Not that she could actually blame Sophie, it was no doubt because to Sophie that tasted ordinary or well-cooked. The one major disadvantage of having a sister who was a werewolf, Chrissy had always thought. And the house often smelled like Wolfsbane Potion, but so did their childhood home growing up, because of their father.

{ OoC: Free for Interaction }

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:33 am
2026-2027 School Year Opening Feast

User Image

"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Healing Professor of Hogwarts
Metamorphagus

Born in Georgia, U.S.A. on October 15, 2002
Wand: Rigid, with a spiraled shaft, 11 3/8 inches, Mahogany, Pegasus Wing Feather
Emotional State: Excited for the Start of the Year
Looking: Blonde in Black and Brown

Currently it is The Opening Feastxxx

Chrissy was looking forward to this year immensely. She had what she would like to consider a very successful year the year before as a professor. She had spent the summer able to relax and not worry about moving. Her sister had resupplied all her healing potions and she was as ready as she ever would be to tackle teaching this year. Besides, all but her third years she already met.

The opening feast was something of an odd concept for her as the houses were completely different than Salem's, even the core classes weren't the same. Though she had settled many of the differences in her head fairly easily. For example her dorm at Salem-the Chameleon dorm was a bit of a mix of Ravenclaw and Slytherin if her students were anything to guess from. Coyote, her sister's dorm, was probably more like Gryffindor or maybe Hufflepuff if she could put a finger on it.

She sat down at the staff table drumming her fingers, having settled on the blonde hair she had kept for most of the summer. Then again when she was younger that was her most common color choice in her life. If she had to ever note her hair color on some muggle government document she would say blonde, though it wasn't any more accurate than her other color. As she waited she wondered what the new first years would bring and how many of them she would end up teaching come third year. She smiled as she waited for the feast to begin glancing down the table for some of her colleagues and to see who was already there.

Quote:

((OoC: Free for Interaction))

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

❋Bréanainn Cian Conri❋
Charm's Professor||Former Gryffindor||Former Quidditch Player

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Bréanainn walked and sat at the table, next to a very familiar, pretty face. As he sat, he smiled, glad to be back to Hogwarts. "Why hello t'ere Christina. You look positively radiant tonight. Forever changing your hair though," he said to her confidently, laughing a bit. He was ready for the year to start and really couldn't wait. He couldn't wait to meet his new fourth years and he remembered reviewing the Class Lists to see his nephew on it...Robin. He couldn't tell the boy that he was his nephew, but at least he got to teach the boy, which his father actually found interesting. He wasn't too happy about it and he made sure Bréanainn promised not to give the boy any indication that he was Bréanainn's nephew. He really had to make sure to conceal everything because he was not too sure how smart the boy truly was, but if he was anything like his father, he was extremely cunning.

"How was your summer?" he asked the woman, hoping she had a good one. He hadn't done much over his summer. He stayed cooped up in his house and really just never got to go out. He always had work to do around the house, whether it was paperwork filing and accounting for his brother, or just housework, or rather...apartment work, but he was planning on buying a real home soon and just let his brother remain in the apartment, since it was already fully paid for the year. Bréanainn always had enough to buy a new home saved up from his six, or seven so years of Quidditch, but he never did because his brother seemed to always need him to pay rent. But Bréanainn decided that he really needed to move on with his life and get a real home.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:29 pm
User Image

"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Metamorphagus

Chrissy smiled seeing her fellow professor taking a seat down beside her and complimenting her and she said with a laugh, "It would be hard for me not to look good," She commented with a laugh, "or a waste to not do so. And I can change pretty much any physical trait about me: people should be glad I generally just stick with my hair."

Shrugging she said, "My summer was fairly ordinary-reminds me of being sixteen or so again. My little sister threatened to hex me at least three times this summer and I visited London a few times-which I suppose is different. I got a new stash of potions in the end, though, thanks to my sister, along with a lecture that I'm just as capable of making potions as she is and if I show up at her work anytime in the next six months that I would start having to make my own potions. Oh and we started a garden this summer. Nothing too exciting but it is nice to have summers off as a professor unlike working all the time as a healer."

"What about you?" She said cheerfully. "Anything worth noting from your summer?" Honestly it had been a good summer for her and she really enjoyed having it off, she of course worked on revising and tweaking her lesson plans here and there too, but she didn't have any set schedule or long hours to work. And it was nice to spend time with her sister more, she hadn't had the opportunity after graduating Salem really because she stayed in the New England area while her sister would hide out at home whenever she could.

Chrissy was half surprised how well Sophie seemed to take living outside of Hogsmeade, but maybe it was because she had a quiet low stress job, and no one bothered to ask her questions much. The main thing people noted different about her was her nationality, no one thought to think to ask anything about why she generally stayed at home at night and she insisted a few fairly random days off of work every month. Then again Sophie was technically registered with the Ministry as a werewolf so it could always be found out.

RedEagleEye007

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:21 pm
User ImageUser Imagex
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

ᴛᴛɪʀᴇ ﹕﹕[x]
                                                      ᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ﹕﹕ Great Hall
                                                      ɪᴛʜ ﹕﹕ Professors
                                                      ᴏᴏᴅ ﹕﹕ Bracing Herself
                                                      ʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ﹕﹕ '......'

As the gentle creak of the old wooden door echoed in the almost empty Great Hall, a slender shadow slipped through the crack. With her back straight and her chin high, the old professor made her way down the aisle towards the staff table. Years, no, decades ago Veatrice had been a student in these very halls, and though she grew and changed with time, the very halls in which she stood remained as it did when she was but a student. ”Oh my, how lovely...” She commented, a smile on her blood red lips that exposed the dangerously sharp cheekbones she was so famous for. ”...I am not the first one here. Good evening, Professor Dechering, Professor Conri.” She said, giving a light nod to each respective professor. With her long and elegant strides, Veatrice glided across the room, finding a seat beside Breanainn.

Adjusting her fur shrug, Veatrice took her seat with a flourish, but poised as ever the woman dared not slouch nor lean back as she sat in her chair. ”Oh, don’t mind me, carry on with your conversation.” Veatrice insisted in her slightly distant tone as she had pretty much diverted her attention already. She examined the contents of the thoroughly, taking survey of each and every detail down to the very positioning of utensils - one could never be too careful, even in Hogwarts this rule applied, and with a career like hers that spanned over half a century it was safe to say the woman had earned at least a few enemies along the way. When she was finally satisfied, Veatrice reached in front of her for a bronze goblet, only to scoff at the contents and shake her head. With a light tap of her wand on the side of the cup, its contents seemed to evaporate with a small sucking noise, and with another wave and flick, a rich red fluid began to fill the cup. Wine, of course, because they had a long night ahead of them; one that she was sure to be prepared for.

(( OOC ;; free for interaction ))

"Is this the region, this the soil, the clime," said then the lost archangel,
    "This the seat that we must change for Heav'n? This mournful
    gloom for that celestial light?
    Be it so, since He who now is sovereign can dispose and bid what shall be right:
    Farthest from Him is best whom reason has equalled, force has made
    supreme
    Above His equals. Farewell, happy fields, where joy forever dwells! Hail, horrors!
    Hail,
    infernal world! And thou, profoundest Hell, receive thy new possessor - one who brings
    A mind not to be changed by place or time. The mind is its own place, and in itself
    Can make a
    Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n."
    ~ Paradise Lostxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    John Miltonxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:17 am
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Single
                                                          Looking Distracted at the Staff Table with the Professors
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Out of it
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Another year already? We've just had one... ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

But what is this, that I cant see? ✥ ✥ ✥xxx
                                                          With ice cold hands taking hold of me. ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxx
                                                          When God is gone, and the devil takes hold, ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Who'll have mercy on your soul? ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceDrusilla blinked oddly as she approached the staff table, noting how few of her fellow professors had arrived. She was apparently early... but she'd been told she'd be late, naughty cards, lying to her like that, making her worry! Or, perhaps that was why they'd told her, so she would worry, and wouldn't be late... they were very fickle sometimes. She sighed, ruffling her hair a bit, blue eyes wide and far away as she took a seat at the table, next to the white-haired dame, Professor Sever, her name was. Drusilla was quite proud of her for remembering that. Now, if only she could know that she was actually remembering it because they'd met, or if she only thought they had. Her mind was rather fuzzy of late. She gave the older woman a light smile. "Evening, madam. I hope the stars find you well tonight," she trilled, the formality of her speech ruined by the odd phrasing and click of her tongue that followed, and then the little snicker. This woman was a strange one, cold and distant and very refined, like a vase you placed up on a shelf and never touched, could never touch, it was so fragile, you'll break it, dearie, leave it be... but she wasn't fragile, no. She was a force to be reckoned with, this woman. Drusilla could see it... or could she See it? Hm...

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx✥ ✥ ✥ No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold;
                                                          xxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ Nothing satisfies me but your soul.
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ Well, I am Death, none can excel.
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ I'll open the door to Heaven or Hell.

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Forks Anonymous

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:39 am
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Dating Grayson Powell
                                                          Looking Lovely at the Staff Table with the Professors
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Happy
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ It's nice to be back. ❞

The rain is fallin' on my windowpanes, დ დ დxxx
                                                          But we are hiding in a safer place. დ დ დxxxxxx
                                                          Under covers staying dry and warm; დ დ დxxxxxxxxx
                                                          You give me feelings that I adore. დ დ დxxxxxxxxxxxx

spaceAmata entered the Great Hall with a smile on her face, eyes wide and cheerful. She was, for some reason, uncommonly happy tonight. Not that it was unusual for her to be in a good mood, particularly of late, but tonight she was giddier than usual. She couldn't imagine what was the cause, aside from the fact that she was back at Hogwarts, back in the UK, with its perfectly wonderful dreary weather, clouds in the sky and a chill in the air. Or, she imagined there was a chill; it certainly felt that way to her, but then, she'd spent a month out of the country. The normally pale professor looked almost odd, her complexion lightly tanned, a smattering of rarely-noticed freckles standing out across her nose and cheeks, and her flaxen locks highlighted in a way that only the sun could do. Amata was hardly an indoor person, but she also wasn't a Summer person; she rarely went outside under any circumstances that exposed her to the sun like she had this year. It had been frightfully hot... she did hope that she hadn't let on how uncomfortable she'd been, because really, it had been so sweet of Grayson to ask her to come with him, and she had enjoyed herself a great deal. Not just because she'd been with him, although that had certainly been a perk. No, she'd enjoyed the trip itself, really. It had been fascinating. On its own, almost worth the heat and the humidity. With him factored in... yes, she'd tried very, very hard not to let him know how much she'd hated that ruddy heat. To say nothing of how much better it'd been since she'd been able to convince her mother she would be unreachable, and had been spared spending an entire month either listening to the woman dither on about this or that, and had even escaped owls carrying letters containing the same. If she could change a single thing, it would have been that she wished it hadn't been so hot. But, then, it hadn't been all bad... she'd never considered Grayson particularly rugged before, but now... well. Sweat and dirt were odd things. You wanted to avoid them as much as possible, but somehow they made men more appealing. Or, they did to her. She sighed, somewhat wistfully, as she sank down into a chair, surprised to see that the man in question hadn't beaten her here, wasn't sitting about with his nose in a book. She wondered if she should be worried; apparently he'd had a nasty habit in the past of losing track of time and missing the feast altogether. He hadn't in any year she could recall, not the start of the year, at least, but he'd also always beaten her here. Well, it wasn't as though he was late. If he hadn't arrived by the time the students started filing in, she might excuse herself to go check and see that he was at least on his way. If nothing else, the man needed to remember to eat.

xxxდ დ დ It starts in my toes, makes me crinkle my nose.
                                                          xxxxxxდ დ დ Wherever it goes, I always know
                                                          xxxxxxxxxდ დ დ That you make me smile, please stay for a while.
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxდ დ დ Just take your time, wherever you go.

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:28 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

❋Bréanainn Cian Conri❋
Charm's Professor||Former Gryffindor||Former Quidditch Player

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Bréanainn listened to the woman speak, smiling. She was self-confident to say the least and that was always a positive. "To be honest, I don't t'ink you need to change a t'ing about you," he said to her truthfully, looking at her brightly. She was a beautiful woman to say the least, and that is something he had no problem saying to her if she so pleased and not only that, she took her work seriously, but also had a somewhat light-hearted side to her too. She was definitely one of the more interesting women he has met in his time.

She started talking about her summer soon after, telling him about how she was going to have to maker her own potions, which was a bummer. That was one thing Conri could not do. He absolutely was terrible at Potions during his school years and didn't plan on ever doing anything with them anytime soon. "Yeah, it is nice to have the summer off. Gives me time to wind down and then get ready for t'e next year. Quidditch honestly was a year round t'ing and t'at really got annoying too. Coaches didn't care whet'er or not you were physically tired. T'ey never give you the day off" he added, looking around for a brief second before looking back when she presented him with the same question.

"Uhm...my summer was alright. I stayed in my apartment most of the summer, helping out my brother finance his wages and whatnot...wherever he gets his wages at least. Never really asked where he gets t'e money, because I don't need to know. I have been looking at houses though, because the only reason that I've stayed in t'at bloody apartment is because I t'ought my brother didn't have enough to pay for it. I have more than enough for a house...from my days playing Quidditch of course.," he said to her, laughing a bit. He really didn't know what else to say. That's just about all he did the whole summer, which was unfortunate because it was a little bit of a waste of the time, but he definitely relaxed. "I did relax t'ough, t'at was something I definitely did a lot of." He shrugged his shoulder at that really, because it did sound a little wasteful, but he wouldn't have it any other way.

As they were talking a woman walked behind them and sat next to him. He instantly recognized the voice of course. He turned around to her and gladly accepted the greeting. "Good evening professor Sever. Nice to see yuh again," he said to her, giving her a rather basic greeting, then reverting his attention back to Chrissy. Sever seemed preoccupied already anyway, because she was being addressed by Professor Somerset.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Forks Anonymous

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:59 am
User Image

"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Metamorphagus

"I'm a metamorphagus," Chrissy chuckled, "Kind of hard not to constantly change some. I was so nervous about teaching my last year my eyes changed color for the first day. Even I am not entirely sure what I look like 'naturally'. Well, I was born blonde with blue eyes, but my sister's a redhead with blue eyes, so hard to tell."

She paused when another professor, probably the eldest out of the lot paused to greet both her and Professor Conri and informing them they could return to their conversation before heading off to engage some other professor. She nodded at Professor Conri's greeting of her and without a second thought her greeting spilled out her generally much more subtle Georgian accent spilling out, "Indeed ma'am. Good evenin', Professor Sever. Lovely to see you."

She turned her attention back to Professor Conri half wincing at how pronounced her accent had been-she entirely blamed spending the summer with her sister on it. Smiling, she listed as her fellow professor talked about playing quidditch and then about his brother and looking into purchasing a house and only staying in an apartment to help his brother out. Of course, Chrissy had done the opposite-bought a house with a ton of land and no close neighbors and a great place to set up a potions room to help out her own sibling. She could understand putting your wants second for a sibling. It was a good trait. It wasn't like Chrissy didn't love her home, she did, but it was financially draining and cost her everything she owned and then some, including a sizable loan from her mother, and Grignots to finance. She was probably going to be paying payments on the house till she was fifty, regardless of the fact her sister did help out. If it was up to Chrissy she would have just rented a cheap apartment for the summers or something "At least you didn't keep getting shoved into the most frustrating parts of the hospital most days and were forced to work overtime a lot because of it," Chrissy said to Bréanainn with a shrug, "Apparently, the claim I had the most hands on experience or something like that in that branch of Wellness Magic."

"Anyways, as for your brother, maybe we should just hook up our siblings or something for kicks," Chrissy said obviously joking. She tilted her head her eyes brightening with interest, "But that sounds nice about a house. I bought one along with quite a bit of land a bit outside of Hogsmeade when I came here. I'll be paying loans on it till I'm fifty probably, but it is worth it. It works very well for my sister and my needs. And homes are generally a good investment. The American dream of being a home owner or what not..."

She paused realizing that it might be an odd reference, considering she was talking to a professor who was not American and she was talking about buying a house in the United Kingdom of all places in reference to being the 'American dream'. Shaking her head she said, "So where are you thinking? Being a witch or wizard gives you a lot easier of a commute if you want so you aren't nearly as limited on housing."

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:25 pm
User Image

User Image
"The fresh smell of cold,
The winter settles down.
The bitter frost leaps at me,
Through a wonderland.
Winter's home again."

Yet another year at Hogwarts, though her last year was spotty at best considering she had to visit the old country. Natalya was back though and her students should prepare.

Walking into the Great Hall, she approached the staff table with her usual...frosty demeanor. She wasn't exactly cold to people, she just didn't see the reason considering cooking was her passion and it's the only reason she applied here. To teach other students the same joy of cooking she had.

Though her friend back in Russia did tell her to get a boyfriend, but she didn't care much for any of that nonsense.

Taking her seat she clasped her hands, waiting for the year to officially start.

I feelcollected.
My thoughts are, "Time for the new year."
I'm a professor of Cooking with Magic.
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:21 pm
User ImageUser Image
Attina Elliott /// Single /// Transfigurations Professor of Years 4-7

╔═════════════════════╗

۩۞۩ ωнσ ۩۞۩ : The Other Professors.
۩۞۩ ωнαт ۩۞۩ : Sitting at the Staff table talking looking Adorably Pandafied
۩۞۩ ωнєи ۩۞۩ : Sorting Feast
۩۞۩ ωнєяє ۩۞۩ : Staff Table

╚═════════════════════╝

Attina entered the hall and was actually on time. In the years she had been a professor at Hogwarts, she had never been on time for this thing! But she was actually on time! She sat in her seat and smiled as she looked at each of the professors who were there already. "Hello everyone. Have a great summer, I hope? She asked happily.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:59 pm
User ImageUser Image

ᴛᴛɪʀᴇ ﹕﹕[x]
                                            ᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ﹕﹕ Staff Table
                                            ɪᴛʜ ﹕﹕ Drusilla, other professors
                                            ᴏᴏᴅ ﹕﹕ Intrigued
                                            ʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ﹕﹕ '......'

One familiar, seemingly distant or distracted voice had managed to draw Veatrice’s attention from the wine goblet, and as Veatrice turned to see who it belonged to she was almost slightly surprised to see Drusilla. ”Ah, Drusilla Somerset…. the renowned seer in the flesh.” She mused in slow, elegant speech as she tilted her head slightly to the side. ”How refreshing. I do not believe we have had the pleasure of conversing together, no? Pardons if we have, I am quite old as you can see, your youthful faces all meld together in my expanse of memories these days.” As rude as it may have sounded, this was the truth, and Veatrice had no qualms about speaking her mind to the dismay of those that have to deal with her for long.

”The eyes, as they say, are a window to the soul… but yours, they are quite different, aren’t they my dear?” She asked, almost rhetorically as she let out a dainty, ostentatious little laugh before continuing on almost immediately. Your eyes see far beyond the soul… yes, you see what we normal, lackluster wizards and witches will never hope to see. Oh, I do envy you, dear.” Taking a sip from her wine goblet, Veatrice let out a little, relaxing sigh as she settled in her chair. Of course, like many wizards and witches to this day Veatrice hardly believed in Divination. It was perhaps the one class in her youth that Veatrice adamantly refused to take, citing it to be a waste of time, energy, vitality, and wits. But seers on the other hand, they were fascinating specimen, a gift that not only was rare, but also quite temperamental and even uncontrollable in some cases, and for those unfortunate souls their lives often ended in the most cruelest of ways imaginable. Clearing her throat to disperse that little train of thought, Veatrice turned to Drusilla, a dangerous little smile on her lips as she whispered. ”Do tell, have you any visions for tonight’s festivities? Hmm?”

(( OOC ;; ... ))

Cara MiaKitty

"Is this the region, this the soil, the clime," said then the lost archangel,
    "This the seat that we must change for Heav'n? This mournful
    gloom for that celestial light?
    Be it so, since He who now is sovereign can dispose and bid what shall be right:
    Farthest from Him is best whom reason has equalled, force has made
    supreme
    Above His equals. Farewell, happy fields, where joy forever dwells! Hail, horrors!
    Hail,
    infernal world! And thou, profoundest Hell, receive thy new possessor - one who brings
    A mind not to be changed by place or time. The mind is its own place, and in itself
    Can make a
    Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n."
    ~ Paradise Lostxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    John Miltonxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:51 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          Single
                                                          Looking Distracted at the Staff Table with the Professors
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Out of it
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Another year already? We've just had one... ❞

But what is this, that I cant see? ✥ ✥ ✥xxx
                                                          With ice cold hands taking hold of me. ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxx
                                                          When God is gone, and the devil takes hold, ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Who'll have mercy on your soul? ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxxxxx

spaceDrusilla's eyes, still far away, but at the same time staring straight into Veatrice's, widened lightly, a small smile quirking up on her lips. She clasped her hands together, resting her elbows on the table, and her cheek against her hands, clicking her tongue again. "Hm, am I renowned then, madame? I hadn't known, they should have told me, I'd have tried harder to look nice," she said, her expression turning into a playful pout. Now that she had something to focus on, she wasn't having to fight so hard not to stare off... people were wonderful for that, they made it so much easier. "I do not believe we have had the chance... but, if your memory fails you, at least you know it's a memory. I never know if I'm recalling something that's been, or something the shadows whispered could come. It's all rather fuzzy, I'm afraid," she informed the woman. It did not occur to the Seer to offer any sort of pleasantry, a comment that Veatrice looked good for her age, that surely she was not so old as to have to worry about memory. Social cues were still something she struggled with greatly, as unfortunate as that was. She generally needed someone to tell her when she'd said something rude.

spaceThe Seer trilled lightly as her elder spoke, and odd sense going through her at the woman's words. Veatrice was quite old, after all, and had seen so, so many things... Drusilla had seen as much, if not more, not only her own life as she'd lived it, but as she would, as she might, and the lives of others as well. It was sometimes convenient... but generally it felt like a curse. At least, it did when she was lucid enough to consider it anything other than a fact of her life. "I wouldn't envy me," she said, smiling lightly. "I'm quite mad, you see. It's a wonder I can function at all... at least, that's what Mother says. Said. She's gone now... but she's not, not really, I can hear her, skulking about the manor. She stayed behind, I'm quite sure. Probably to torment me. But, who knows, perhaps she was merely lost..." she trailed off then, eyes growing more distant, volume dropping off. She glanced at the glasses on the table, lowered a finger to circle around the rim of a goblet, focusing inward. Had she seen something? She couldn't recall... Hm... "Something... I saw... but, it's all a blur, stuff and nonsense, hm... Perhaps it'll clear up..." she was talking more to herself than to Veatrice at this point, still trailing her finger along the rim of the goblet, staring down into it intently, as if she'd see something in its depths, but there was nothing. She was drifting now, would need help drawing herself back out. Hopefully someone would give her a good shake.

xxx✥ ✥ ✥ No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold;
                                                          xxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ Nothing satisfies me but your soul.
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ Well, I am Death, none can excel.
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ I'll open the door to Heaven or Hell.

User Image

Forks Anonymous

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games