Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply TokyoPop Manga Guild
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:16 pm

Went to the mall today and visited Walden's, but they had NOTHING new. I was really disappointed because my dad was gonna buy me a manga for Valentines. Sooo...I was like, it's a long shot, but maybe SunCoast will have something, and they did! They had all the new ViZ titles and TP titles! Legal Drug v2 and Furuba v7! Along with others that I don't collect, like DNAngel and they had Boys Over Flowers v10 which I was kinda frustrated with because I have to wait for the store I go to for my anime club to get it in because they automatically put it on hold for me. xp It's not like I didn't ask them to, it's just irritating when you see it somewhere else first.
Anywho...my dad got Furuba v7. Hatori-san is on the cover! I lurves him! <3
And also! SunCoast had Ramune!!! AH! I was like holy crap!!! MUST HAVE! I LOVE Ramune, especially Peach flavored. Melon and kiwi are good too, but I've never had the original or orange. Orange just sounds like...blehh.
Don't know what Ramune is? CLICKY
WizzyWig ALWAYS has Ramune and other delicious Japanese goodies at Cons...I wish I could try the Strawberry flavorrr~ Never had that one. Maybe I'll ask my Nee-sama to pick me up some while she's at Katsucon this coming weekend... 3nodding Along with strawberry daifuku!!! *-*!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:43 pm

A local korean market carries ramune around here

just got back from Numa Rei-No Con. It was great and free! Definantly worth the 2 hour drive. Bought a lot of Gundam Seed stuff . . . sweatdrop Heh. They had lots of Japanese manga and even cheap English manga- though nothing I was looking for. It was really great and I had lots of fun. 3nodding

Masquanade
Crew

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:50 am

Masquanade
A local korean market carries ramune around here

just got back from Numa Rei-No Con. It was great and free! Definantly worth the 2 hour drive. Bought a lot of Gundam Seed stuff . . . sweatdrop Heh. They had lots of Japanese manga and even cheap English manga- though nothing I was looking for. It was really great and I had lots of fun. 3nodding

Nyaaah~ gonk
*wants to go to a free con with stuff to buy*

Glad you had fun. 3nodding
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:57 am

I wish there were more free cons... geez... it just costs $40 to get in or more to lots of places.... which rele sucks! Doesnt even include hotel, driving, costume, and stuff you buy!!! ><

Misaki_Chii54
Crew

Masquanade
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:27 am

Yeah Numa is the world's largest free anime con. 3nodding It was great even though I was only there for a few hours. sweatdrop whee heart But that's besides the point. The part about it being free was why I really wanted to go (and hey even if it wasn't free I would still go xd ). I mean I have a con that's like the next city over (like 20-40 minutes away) but it's mostly sci fi/fantasy con with a little bit of anime in there . . . and it's like $35 to go and there was like no way I was going to pay that . . . and I went one year . . . wasn't worth it I think.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:11 pm

The con I want to go to is I think $28 for three days if you preregister.

Misaki_Chii54
Crew

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:52 pm

Misaki_Chii
The con I want to go to is I think $28 for three days if you preregister.

You must always pre-reg. Easier to get your badge and don't have to worry about amount of people limits, cause you're already in. blaugh
Plus, you get to meet nice pre-reg staff and volunteers, like moi. 3nodding
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:28 am

True. I preregistered for A-kon last year and got some nifty stuff. 3nodding
Oh my god! I was in Dallas over the weekend with my boyfriend and he took me to an anime store (got pocky, anime soundtrack, pins, and a toy of Anita from ROD) and SunCoast! Yep, that's right, folks. I've actually been in a SunCoast store now. I got v7 of Furuba and the OAV of ROD. whee I was very happy about that. 3nodding Makes me wish that there was one in my hometown. But there isn't. crying

Tobias Mule

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:40 am

Tsubasa Premiere Set (2005-02-13 19:42:51)
According to NHK, the Tsubasa Chronicle will premiere on April 9th at 6:30pm. The series will star Yui Makino as Sakura and Miyu Irino as Syoran, these are not the same voice actors that starred in Cardcaptor Sakura. Maaya Sakamoto will sing the series ending theme, "Loop," while Kinya will sing the opening, "Blaze."
-AnimeNewsNetwork.com

I am SO not happy about not having the original voice actors!!! stressed
*sits in a corner and pouts* stare
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:23 pm

Yea! That's rele gotta suck!!!!! Wonder why they didn't get them back??? They should have BEGGED!!!!!!!!

Misaki_Chii54
Crew

Masquanade
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:33 pm

Maybe because they couldn't do the same voice? Or they quit the industry? I mean it has been some years since CCS was made . . . I really didn't like Sakura's japanese voice . . . sweatdrop That's just me but whatever. sweatdrop
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:56 pm

hmmmm, it's a good point. But still... if I watch it... it's gonna be like WHOA... uber weird >< You just can't mess with voices.... you've gotta keep it the same or it drives you insane... unless you get someone better.. for example Sailor Moon. In English... the girl that they had do episodes 1 - 11 and some other random episodes.... god you'd want to shoot yourself listening to her (but S and SuperS voice is EVEN WORSE) But when they got that one voice actor in the other episodes... in my opinion I think it fit her perfect. So yea ^^;;

Misaki_Chii54
Crew

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:19 pm

Masquanade
Maybe because they couldn't do the same voice? Or they quit the industry? I mean it has been some years since CCS was made . . . I really didn't like Sakura's japanese voice . . . sweatdrop That's just me but whatever. sweatdrop

Syaoran's voice actress IS still in the buisness because I just looked her up and she's done Chobits, X TV, and Full Metal Alchemist.
And as for Sakura Tange (Sakura's voice actress), she does a lot of J-pop, has her own CDs, etc etc, so I don't think it would be that hard to convince her to work on this project.

The only reason I can think that they did this was because they're older...but still... crying
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:52 pm

I understand. Sometimes they are no longer interested in doing back to their old roles.
I'm not familiar with the series. I tried reading the first volume in the bookstore but I was distracted. sweatdrop What's it about again?

Tobias Mule

Masquanade
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:29 pm

Mika Relie
I understand. Sometimes they are no longer interested in doing back to their old roles.
I'm not familiar with the series. I tried reading the first volume in the bookstore but I was distracted. sweatdrop What's it about again?

CCS is about a girl Sakura capturing these Clow Cards which wreak "havoc" on the world until their sealed. It's a little more in dept than that with the relationships between the characters and the CCS: Master of the CLow (the second part the series) has a different plot where Sakura must make all the Clow Cards into Sakura Cards and help her magic grow.

Tsubasa is nothing like that. It only contains the characters from CCS . . . and other CLAMP series. It's kind of like the OVA to Magic Knight Rayearth in some odd sense . . . though it's not a different verison of the story like Rayearth is . . . ok I'm confusing msyelf
TokyoPop Manga Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games