Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
SW Games Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:34 am
Plus, let us look at what the lineup is. Are you using corellian gunships to attack points before the shields go down? Is it the player using the mon cal cruiser, against an easy computer?

i find that no matter what side I play on, its always interesting.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:25 am
Question for you guys, wich one do you like more or would buy more if you didn't have them.
Star Wars Battlefront2
Empire at War

I got Empire of War today but Battlefront2 looks good too.  

Robin the Aussie

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:08 am
Depends.

Naturally, if you like RTS over FPS, Empire at war is better.

But Empire at war on my computer is iffy. It was released so poorly that it already has three patches that you should download. But, you get to have so much fun when it is working it is unbelievable. Masses of armies.

Battlefront 2 is fun in its own respects, but I still miss battlefront one. They took out some of the better levels, and playable jedi is a boon, but the game really went all out to make itself challenging, because even on the easiest mode, your team is only smart enough to hold half the spawnpoints, no matter how fast or good you are. Online, everyone is either completely incompetant, or horribly cheap as well. But it has great replay value.

That's my personal stance. take it or leave it.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:09 pm
personallly, i like FPSs over RTSs. And I haven't played EaW, so I'd say BF2.

It's a huge improvement over BF1, although some levels have been taken out. For one, it hass a story mode, which is so fun. There's also other modes instead of just map domination. Plus, it adds features such as Heroes, the ability to sprint, space combat, and awards such as upgraded guns.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:38 pm
The other modes of gameplay are kinda borign though.

Capture teh flag kind of sucks. I mean, you just get a jedi, and you can win the game by sprinting back and forth.

Hunt is kind of boring, save on hoth, and extra large is just a pain in the a** to win unless you grab a vehicle to inflict mass casualties.

The heroes are okay, but the fact they can die simply by running out of time is annoying, and they can't heal unless you kill someone is really annoying when you have that one enemy left, and you have but a little bar remaining.

The awards do nothing, except give upgraded guns, which are okay, if you get the award more than once, but only the pistol and rifle really make life easier, the rest are just much more hassle (IE the upgraded sniper rifle doesn't do head shots).

Space combat gets repetitive, even with capture the flag. Just grab a fighter, knock out the frigates, shields, life support and bridge and you pretty much win. If you really have the urge, do it from within.

The story mode is cool, for a little while. Its not really better than Battlefront one's. Where BF2's gains in relevance, it lacks in originality. the events actually pertain to one another. You only play as the empire, however, and heroes are only given at certain points. So if you want to be a stormtrooper, and only a stormie, go for it. It lacks any real plot, either. Its just a real elaborate way to show off every map they have without going into instant acess mode.

So weigh the benefits.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:54 pm
The KOTOR games ruled, spent nearly as much time on them as I did on Morrowind. 3nodding  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Wulf Wraithclaw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:22 pm
Nelowulf
Depends.

Naturally, if you like RTS over FPS, Empire at war is better.

But Empire at war on my computer is iffy. It was released so poorly that it already has three patches that you should download. But, you get to have so much fun when it is working it is unbelievable. Masses of armies.

Battlefront 2 is fun in its own respects, but I still miss battlefront one. They took out some of the better levels, and playable jedi is a boon, but the game really went all out to make itself challenging, because even on the easiest mode, your team is only smart enough to hold half the spawnpoints, no matter how fast or good you are. Online, everyone is either completely incompetant, or horribly cheap as well. But it has great replay value.

That's my personal stance. take it or leave it.
I loved the Rhen Var levels at Battlefront1... And I have to agree with Nelo on the online gameplay in BF2. It has horrible lag at times, as well as whiny kids screaming after they got owned xd  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:32 pm
What I find sad is that everyone HAS to use force powers to kill someone. They don't just push, or choke to death, they use it repeatedly to make sure you dont' get a chance to get up.

What's really sad is that I play as solo and usually get taken down by the "packs" of people who can't pwn anyone by themselves.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:44 pm
What are you talkin about? The Award sniper doesn't NEED to headshot, its usually one hit kill anyways, and you /can/ headshot...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:32 pm
my battlefront 2 wont work for my x-box it just doesnt load or comes up with an error message crying  

NickCpointless

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:09 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
What are you talkin about? The Award sniper doesn't NEED to headshot, its usually one hit kill anyways, and you /can/ headshot...

Try shooting the head off of someone in a turret. It doesn't work. Period.

Shoot a turret guy without hitting the body. The award sniper rifle won't do it.

Plus, they don't go through turrets on levels like Kamino, where the body area is mostly hidden.

I wasn't arguing the power, but its slower to reload and rate of fire, and it won't do a headshot.

The only reason why you are even getting "headshots" when you shoot is because you aimed a little low, and hit the body target instead.

I've played the game countless hours, and created four profiles, all with awards in the legendary status, on both normal and elite. I know what I'm talking about.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:48 pm
Maybe thats a PC quirk, cuz on my PS2, the award rifle is as versatile as the regular one.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:00 pm
Perhaps. I just know I hate the award rifle. So slow, less ammo per clip, and just doesn't do head shots (I actually do headshots more than body shots. Great for online play. Saves time if you get good at it.)  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:48 pm
I kinda regret not getting the PC version, cuz its a b***h getting internet access on a PS2  

FrozenPhoenix32

Robin the Aussie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:45 am
For those of us curious about those Empire at War patches, how can you tell if your version you bought from the store has them fixed or not?

AND is there a patch wich fixes all problems in one go?  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games