Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Legion of Helpers
DronzeRants... Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Count it!
  +1 YES!
View Results

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:12 am
Alright... taking suggestions on the first video adaptation of a DronzeRant... I've thought about doing the MiniRants, but i wanna know what people would want to see in video form.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:38 pm
Goddess, does drama ever annoy me.

dronze Wrote:
Quote:
Read the damn title.

I did... Kind of a prerequisite for clicking on a link, no?

Quote:
In 24 hours, I will be deleting my Gaia account aswell as my myspace and yahoo.

Okay... I'm not going to be one of these people that says you should stay, however, if you're going to leave, why are you so egocentric to think that we care what happens to your other social networking sites? Seriously.

If you're going to create this much drama over leaving, then go ******** yourself... if you think you had any major amount of significance in the grand scope of anyone's actual life here, you're not only grossly mistaken, but deluded as well.

Quote:
Dont you dare try to talk me out of it.

I didn't plan on it.

Sorry, but I'm not a huge fan of melodrama, not from you, not from Dammie, not from anyone. You can go ******** yourself if you think this conceited bid for attention has done anything for your standing with anyone here... myself included.

Get over yourself, the world doesn't revolve around you.

Quote:
People that will be asking me for my s**t will recieve a firm ******** YOU.

If you were leaving, then why is it that they would be getting a response?

Again, get over yourself, if you're going to leave then do so... nobody's stopping you from trashing your account, except for yourself.

Quote:
The items will die with the account.

Stated as though those few handfuls of pixels actually meant something...

Quote:
I will miss nothing.

Glad to know our company meant so much to you, especially after wondering who would actually be on late in the evening...

Quote:
I regret everything. <******** you too, dude, ******** you too...

Quote:
And I do not apologize for anything I have done.

Nobody asked you to... again, conceited much?

Quote:
See you in hell.

Hell is but a state of mind, but i'm not the one wallowing in misery and seeing who will miss me, now, am I?

Quote:
-(insert name here)-

And with a whimper and a whine, this one is stricken from my thoughts....

wow dronze another person you mentaly destroy...do any of you understand what you do to people who do this when you rant on them...you destroy there self esteem and make them regret joining this guild...you might not like to think it dronze but that guy was a person just like you, stratus, me, and any other person out there. I thought people would have atleast learned from what I happened when I left...obviously you guys are you're normal pricky selfs...if anyone deserved to be banned from the guild it's all of you!  

Phoenix utashima

TheEmoSalesman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:00 am
Do it like one of Rick Mercer's rants. For example. There are seven or eight videos there, it's the one on the bottom left-hand corner. Or look at the ones in his archive.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:14 pm
@ Emo = I have my own style for doing this, though the reference is certainly a good one, and I thank you for the stylistic concerns, but what I'm really looking for is people to suggest which rant I should undertake as my very first video-based adaptation.

now... on to the slightly more long-winded part of the post....

Phoenix utashima

wow dronze another person you mentaly destroy...do any of you understand what you do to people who do this when you rant on them...you destroy there self esteem and make them regret joining this guild...you might not like to think it dronze but that guy was a person just like you, stratus, me, and any other person out there. I thought people would have atleast learned from what I happened when I left...obviously you guys are you're normal pricky selfs...if anyone deserved to be banned from the guild it's all of you!

Phoenix... If there's one thing I have to say to that, it's shove it.

If I had to say anything else, it would have to be pay attention in your damned english class.

Sorry, but if putting a huge dent smack in the middle of someone's ego is what it takes for people to learn, since the "Treat them nicely and they'll change!" approach works oh-so-well, then the fact that they had their ego bruised is just a side-effect of them learning something. You want a little piece of truth, Phoenix?

People who don't grasp the native language of a message board, or the etiquette expected of them therein, really just shouldn't be posting in said forum. I don't go surfing through the internet looking for message boards for fur-fans and tell them how they're creepy and disgusting... because the exact same thing would happen to me there. One should NOT be bringing their personal drama to the forefront, and, as I stated IN THE RANT ITSELF, if you're going to leave, why be so egocentric to think that we care what happens to your other social networking sites? These kinds of posts are the attention-whoring, "******** you all, I'm leaving..." types of responses that are there to guilt other users into thinking that somehow it was their own fault, as opposed to having the reason and responsibility laying firmly on the shoulders of the one bouncing out of the Gaia community as a whole.

Furthermore, if you're one of these whiny emo kids (no offense to you, Salesman...) that hinges their own self worth on the postings of people on a forum, then, allow me to give you another sound piece of advice...

Go out and get some real social interaction with people who are more than just words on a screen. If your closest friend in the world is someone on Gaia that you've never personally talked to before, then chances are that you're missing a hell of a lot going on around you. Go out and make some friends, GaiaOnline isn't a lifestyle, it's not meant to be, it's not even suggested to be such a thing. This is a pastime, a hobby, something meant to be mentally stimulating and kinda fun at the same time.

If people's self esteem is "destroyed", as you so eloquently put it, by a few cutting words meshed in with some sound information, then they are really in need of a reality check. When a dog chews up your favorite slippers, do you get all cutesy when you scold him? No, I didn't think so. You get stern and authoritative, and establish that said dog did wrong.

Before I get chewed out for that remark, I am in no way implying that anyone here has the IQ of the average household pet, but even with children the principal of the idea is the same, the tonal impression works the same way, it's authoritative, annoyed, and ultimately establishes that the one who did wrong is, and was, indeed, wrong.

If you don't like the personalities of the people here, why did you bother coming back? I have yet to have a personal issue with anyone here, save our friend that chose to leave and give EVERYBODY the finger on his way out, and even then, that's my stern disapproval of a personality flaw, and nothing more. If you're not intelligent enough to read into the subtext of the posts, then chances are you're probably not smart enough to actually be using the internet with any degree of responsibility, and thus, really just shouldn't be using it.  

dronze
Vice Captain

HalesABlack

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:47 pm
Quote:
Go out and get some real social interaction with people who are more than just words on a screen. If your closest friend in the world is someone on Gaia that you've never personally talked to before, then chances are that you're missing a hell of a lot going on around you. Go out and make some friends, GaiaOnline isn't a lifestyle, it's not meant to be, it's not even suggested to be such a thing. This is a pastime, a hobby, something meant to be mentally stimulating and kinda fun at the same time.

Alright, sure, Gaia isn't meant to be a lifestyle but I'd also like to think that there are many on Gaia that we meet that we can consider as close friends but have never met in real life... wouldn't you say? This is a in general thing... I've seen many people consider other members in Gaia as incredibly close friends... there's nothing wrong with that.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:22 am
Nah, none taken. I have beef with whiny emo kids too. xd And That makes more sense now; I didn't know that's what suggestions you were looking for. But, now I know. xd  

TheEmoSalesman

Dameon the -V-

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:48 pm
Since we're on the topic of problems~

I tend to hold grudges against people who make themselves look bad but pull others down with them to lessen the blow. I can't stand it.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:19 am
Frankly (the drama is why) i see less and less helpful people here on this guild, is just because of the damned drama that continuously keeps occurring here...

Its becoming an annoyance, because most of the people who are dodging this guild were in fact my friends >,>;;

Hopefully everyone will sit, and sorry to say it, 'their asses down' and let themselves calm down before it becomes a 'guild issue'---so in fact, i do have to agree with Dronze...cause i really want it to stop.

Yea, we all spiral out of control like 5 year olds sometimes, but still--the world is not your soapbox to spew a bunch of nonsense--and believe me, i've learned it the hard way myself whee and it's only made me better.  

scintillio

Blind Hodd
Crew

Aekea Champion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:42 am
I absolutely lothe the poeple who are never wrong, the ones who always have someone to blame. even if they are wrong you are wrong for makeing them wrong. It's really hard to deal with sometimes.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:34 pm
fubar0
I absolutely lothe the poeple who are never wrong, the ones who always have someone to blame. even if they are wrong you are wrong for makeing them wrong. It's really hard to deal with sometimes.

I'm one of those types that people think is never wrong, despite my protests to the contrary. I tend to avoid talking about things I can't figure out or already know about, and i'm more than willing to listen to what someone with a bit of knowledge is saying, which is WHY i'm so frequently right. as far as those annoying people who find a scapegoat for everything, they're irresposible.

stab them in the face with an icepick.  

dronze
Vice Captain

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:23 pm
Icepicks don't work on the hard headed. What you need to do is destroy them with a logical paradox. Unfortunately most of them are made with paradox absorbing crumplezones. wink Just for the hell of it I will give 1k gold to the first person who can tell me what tv show I ripped that off from.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:44 pm
HalesABlack
Alright, sure, Gaia isn't meant to be a lifestyle but I'd also like to think that there are many on Gaia that we meet that we can consider as close friends but have never met in real life... wouldn't you say?

No. I don't really consider people on the Internet "close friends" simply because I've never met them in real life. How do I know they're really who they say they are? How do I know that the pictures they claim to be are of themselves aren't really of random people they got from Google Images? How do I know their supposed friendship toward me isn't just a ruse intended to hide the fact that they're simply using me for their own amusement (has actually happened more than once)?

...how do I know they're not wiretapping my house and sneaking Cyanide capsules into my grape juice? How do I know they're not waiting around the corner with a rag full of chloroform, intending on knocking me out, tying me to a chair and beating the crap out of me with a wrench?

You'll never get the secret government launch codes out of me, you bastards! NEVER! HAHAHAHA!  

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:20 am
LanceCalvis
Icepicks don't work on the hard headed. What you need to do is destroy them with a logical paradox. Unfortunately most of them are made with paradox absorbing crumplezones. wink Just for the hell of it I will give 1k gold to the first person who can tell me what tv show I ripped that off from.

Futurama.... one of the Xmas episodes to be exact. gimmie goldz now.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:03 pm
Teh Boxman
HalesABlack
Alright, sure, Gaia isn't meant to be a lifestyle but I'd also like to think that there are many on Gaia that we meet that we can consider as close friends but have never met in real life... wouldn't you say?

No. I don't really consider people on the Internet "close friends" simply because I've never met them in real life. How do I know they're really who they say they are? How do I know that the pictures they claim to be are of themselves aren't really of random people they got from Google Images? How do I know their supposed friendship toward me isn't just a ruse intended to hide the fact that they're simply using me for their own amusement (has actually happened more than once)?

...how do I know they're not wiretapping my house and sneaking Cyanide capsules into my grape juice? How do I know they're not waiting around the corner with a rag full of chloroform, intending on knocking me out, tying me to a chair and beating the crap out of me with a wrench?

You'll never get the secret government launch codes out of me, you bastards! NEVER! HAHAHAHA!

True, we don't know them in real life... I admit that just because we know someone over the internet does not mean we wouldn't be careful about meeting them the first time. We would take necessary precautions. On the other hand, there is technology these days that can negate the idea of getting images off Google. There's all sorts of ways to find things out.  

HalesABlack

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:30 pm
HalesABlack
There's all sorts of ways to find things out.

How do you know they're still not lying then?  
Legion of Helpers

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games