Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 588 589 590 591 592 593 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:13 am
Af Mas

I was wondering where you were surprised Hope things are okay

Yeah, I am fine, just was a busy weekend. Not slowing down much just yet eiher, I have to get ready for work soon and will be gone most of the day.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:18 am
Diana Vulpes
Af Mas

I was wondering where you were surprised Hope things are okay

Yeah, I am fine, just was a busy weekend. Not slowing down much just yet eiher, I have to get ready for work soon and will be gone most of the day.

I will be busy again today too, as I have been most of the weekend ^^;  

Af Mas

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:43 am
shoki_de_nai
Sunegami
CoffeeFox
Doing art is harder than it looks. I want to try all these different positions for bodies of my characters out, and they all turn out looking like s**t. Like.....if I want Ryan on his knees, with his legs tucked behind him and visible, it turns out like crap. T.T

I guess I'll never get beyond the two-dimensional s**t that any schmuck with a pencil and half a brain can churn out. T.T

*sits in a corner, a little gloom cloud hovering over him*

::shoos the cloud away and sits down next to him::

I have the same problem: it's literally impossible for me to draw anything without some kind of model/guide to work from. Which is a problem, because I don't want to end up getting in a shitload of trouble for (unintentionally) stealing someone else's creation. D':

I am, however, looking into getting a small wooden mannequin from my school's supply store for about $8; it may help with visualization. 3nodding

Some art books might be good too. 3nodding

I've actually got two "How to Draw Manga" books ("Bishoujo Pretty Gals" and "Bishoujo Around the World"); they're a really big help, as well. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:05 am
I love how to draw books, been collecting them for a while. Although my collection is pretty lousy xD But whenever I see one and can afford it, I usually grab it. So far I have:

1. Drawing Faeries: Keys to the kingdom by Christopher Hart
2. DragonArt: How to draw fantastic dragons and fantasy creatures by J "Neondragon" Peffer (She's probably my favotite online artist of all time. So I was so happy when I got this one)
3. Japanese Comickers (Not really as much as a "how to" as much as just showing off various professionals styles. It's really awsome, though.)
4. How to draw Manga: Bishoujo Pretty Gals - Hikaru Hayashi
5. How to draw Manga: Bishoujo around the world - Hikaru Hayashi
6. Manga Mania: Chibi and furry characters - Christopher Hart
7. Manga Mania: Magical Girls and Friends - Christopher Hart
8. Draw Your own Celtic Designs - David Games w/ Vitor Gonzalez (this one is awsome <3 <3 I really need to start incorporating some of this stuff into my art xD)
9. How to draw Anime and game characters Vol 1: Basics for Beginners and Beyond - Tadashi Ozawa

There are so many more how to draw books I want though, including the How to draw manga couple, anatomy, and male characters ones, and pretty much any other how to draw manga book seeing as I feel the quality of those drawing books beats most other drawing books :3

Anyway, enough bragging about drawing books that really haven't helped me get any better xD Just felt like posting to say hi, and that I'm okay, if not a little irritated with my boyfriend, but that's how I always am, isn't it?

I got a new job at my school as a tutor/teacher's aid. I start it next month. I'm really excited about it. It'll look really good on my resume too :3  

Shinigami Whistle

Davin_Nightwind

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:05 am
Sunegami
shoki_de_nai
Sunegami
CoffeeFox
Doing art is harder than it looks. I want to try all these different positions for bodies of my characters out, and they all turn out looking like s**t. Like.....if I want Ryan on his knees, with his legs tucked behind him and visible, it turns out like crap. T.T

I guess I'll never get beyond the two-dimensional s**t that any schmuck with a pencil and half a brain can churn out. T.T

*sits in a corner, a little gloom cloud hovering over him*

::shoos the cloud away and sits down next to him::

I have the same problem: it's literally impossible for me to draw anything without some kind of model/guide to work from. Which is a problem, because I don't want to end up getting in a shitload of trouble for (unintentionally) stealing someone else's creation. D':

I am, however, looking into getting a small wooden mannequin from my school's supply store for about $8; it may help with visualization. 3nodding

Some art books might be good too. 3nodding

I've actually got two "How to Draw Manga" books ("Bishoujo Pretty Gals" and "Bishoujo Around the World"); they're a really big help, as well. 3nodding

I have a few of those...The "Male Characters", "Illustrating Battles", and "Bodies & Anatomy". Extremely useful and highly recommended! I also have a few others, like "Manga Mania: Chibi and Furry Characters" (though it's more cat-girls instead of actual furries...), and on really good one I picked up from Amazon; "Freaks: How to Draw Fantastic Fantasy Creatures" It's an amazing reference, with some basic anatomy and information on doing all kinds of furries in different styles. Plus, it has some of FurNation's finest artists, including Demon Puppy! (Remember that FurNation cover that he did with the lion? It's in there as an example)

And I use those books for reference, too. They help...a lot XD  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:18 pm
Squee, I've been watching the tracking page for my tablet(I'm not good at waiting ^^;; ). And as of 5:36 this morning it's in Des Moines. So it's near...I live in West Des Moines. I'm so excited. x3  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

UglyCoyoteNG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:47 pm
We culled draco's eggs. Not like any of them where going to hatch.

that leaves the leopard gecko eggs.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:09 pm
I want avatar art. I can't find any artists here on the guild willing to do it. I don't want to endlessly bump for it in the Art Freebies. Can ANYONE recommend an artist willing to do this?  

FogSage

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:28 pm
I just enrolled for a program to get a career diploma in Pet grooming. I'm excited to start it an I know tons of people that have frufru dogs so I can ask if I can pracitce on them. Anyway..I've always talked about doing thing stuff..but I finally took the step in the rigt direction, but there are so many more certifications and stuff hat I want to get  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:31 pm
Hooray.

My research project came to a close. Results are interesting, although not statistically significant - yet.

If I can replicate my own results in a more carefully handled population, I'll get published, because my results are a) perfectly logical and b) go directly counter to the work of an earlier scholar, whose results are concrete but not really sensible because evolution usually builds in incest-avoidance.

:3  

Shaviv

Rainey_angel81

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:52 pm
FogSage
I want avatar art. I can't find any artists here on the guild willing to do it. I don't want to endlessly bump for it in the Art Freebies. Can ANYONE recommend an artist willing to do this?

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24745195

there ya go..he also does Furries  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:13 pm
FogSage

If you click on the art in my signature, it'll take you to my journal, where I've got all the art I've received, with links to their threads/profiles (where applicable). You may find someone you would want art from. 3nodding

Also, the art currently in my sig is by Sakeko-chan, who's a really sweet girl; I know you said you don't feel like hanging out and waiting for art, but I thought I'd throw that in. whee

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200

Crenn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:53 am
I have semi good news.....

When my father next gets paid, then he'll give me my allowance for this month. I get $200 but that covers my train ticket for the month and also any food expenses. But If I'm careful I can actually not spend quite a bit of cash which I'm allowed to keep. This is essentially like pocket money for me..... but also I have to save about $75 each month since I have to pay for BWL with this allowance as well. This is going to require some thinking  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:58 am
Gah...Funeral today. It's at 11 in the town next to me. Not so bad, it's like....20 minutes away. So I just assumed I'd sleep in til 9, wake up, get ready, leave by 10:30 and I'd be fine. Not happening. My mom calls me up at 7:30 this morning with the news that I'm wanted in the Funeral Procession....which means I have to be at the funeral home at 10, which means she's picking me up at 9:30, no questions asked.... gonk

Why couldn't someone tell me this YESTERDAY?

And on top of that, my poor mate is nervous that he's gonna end up left alone in a family he doesn't feel all that comfortable around. He's only going cause I want someone there to cling to...My mom can get so....proud of that sometimes.... sweatdrop

I want this day to end.  

Manda_Tifa

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:30 pm
Squee, I got my tablet!! but not I have to go to work...guess it'll have to wait.

I am a little upset that they just..left it on the doorstep and didn't even ring the doorbell or anything. I know they didn't, I've been listening. ninja  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 588 589 590 591 592 593 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games