Welcome to Gaia! ::

-=Axis Powers Hetalia Guild=- PARTY AT RUSSIA'S PLACE!

Back to Guilds

The place to go for all your Hetalia needs. 

Tags: hetalia, manga, anime 

Reply Meeting Room
random chat thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 592 593 594 595 596 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

currychicken123

3,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:52 pm
, okay, then how about I just take some awesome juice, put it in some kool-aid and let u drink it?

(IKR?! XD then it started to look like japan...)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:13 pm
um... ooookaaaay... o.o;

(lol that'd be cool xD)  

Kitty the Ninja Pikachu

Kawaii Genius

27,740 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Festive Eye 50

currychicken123

3,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:19 pm
*puts awesome juoce in kool-aid* heir! biggrin DDD

(It was awesome! XD)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:18 pm
*is hesitant to drink the koolaid* ...

(I bet it is xD)  

Kitty the Ninja Pikachu

Kawaii Genius

27,740 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Festive Eye 50

currychicken123

3,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:38 am
.... Just drink it! Awesome juice tastes like mangos!

(t'was. :3 oh yey, new ep today!)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:44 am
Mangos!? Why didn't you say so?! *chugs it down*

(lol hooray~)  

Kitty the Ninja Pikachu

Kawaii Genius

27,740 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Festive Eye 50

x_LoveObject_x
Crew

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:43 pm
Good lord, has anyone else heard the news about the dubs?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:49 pm
oh yes, yes yes yes. I've been keeping up the disscussion thread and the rants on LJ. I really dont think that people should be making such a huge deal out of this dub...
although the jew line was uncalled for.

currychicken123

3,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Wall Street 200

x_LoveObject_x
Crew

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:42 pm
That's exactly why it's not ok. It is a big deal because well, look at all of Hetalia. No one I know who has ever read the whole thing was offended. Well, except one Polish girl who didn't like that Poland was made out to not be preparing for WWII when they actually did. The point is Germany, in character, is shown to dislike what his boss makes him do because he actually has a good heart. He's only one example, but making the characters offensive just "to be funny" doesn't make it funny. We want offensive-funny we watch South Park. We want mostly light-hearted history, we watch Hetalia. That line should never be crossed for a lot of people, as the Hetalia fandom already has a bad rap. I've been called a "nazi lover" and more at cons, and this was BEFORE the dubs.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:51 am
Whoa, guess I missed a lot. What happened? D:  

Karibun

7,400 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

currychicken123

3,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:25 am
x_LoveObject_x
That's exactly why it's not ok. It is a big deal because well, look at all of Hetalia. No one I know who has ever read the whole thing was offended. Well, except one Polish girl who didn't like that Poland was made out to not be preparing for WWII when they actually did. The point is Germany, in character, is shown to dislike what his boss makes him do because he actually has a good heart. He's only one example, but making the characters offensive just "to be funny" doesn't make it funny. We want offensive-funny we watch South Park. We want mostly light-hearted history, we watch Hetalia. That line should never be crossed for a lot of people, as the Hetalia fandom already has a bad rap. I've been called a "nazi lover" and more at cons, and this was BEFORE the dubs.

hm yes. I'll still watch teh dub, but it has actually taken away the light-heartedness that the series had. And it really dissapoints me that this whole thing is making the hetalia fandom seem even worse. Is very dissapointing. sad
I have never heard of anyone being called a "nazi lover" because of hetalia... Thats just mean.
This whole dub thing has really turned out to be dramatic.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:25 pm
@currychicken123 Yeah and someone dressed as Prussia caught hell for it too, at Kumoricon last year. Mostly the haters are online and make fun of it that way. But have you seen the Cracked.com article on it? It's a part of one of their articles, and it only feeds every sterotype of an ignorant person hating on Hetalia. They show screencaps with statements that try and show it to be insensitive and crude. Like Russia teasing Latvia and Bela poking him from behind with a knife (which in the anime/manga happened at a world meeting) they try and say it was the Russian invasion of Latvia that cost at least 26,000 lives or so. That's not what was happening at all in that scene, and it wasn't supposed to represent that. But people like that are giving the series a bad rap. So you see why it was important for Funimation to keep the series GOOD? Germany even saying 'Jew' in my opinion is a landmine. Next thing you know, Jewish people will become the Koreans who were so offended they got it banned, you know? And I wouldn't blame them. Funimation should apologize for letting down fans.  

x_LoveObject_x
Crew

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

currychicken123

3,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:28 pm
Oh thats so mean. At AnimeNEXT this year, all of us hetafans were recived pretty well. : Oh gawsh, I havent seen that particular article but I've seen some anti-hetalia stuff that just makes my blood boil. (most people have no backup as to WHy they hate it... I think it's because its a popular series...) and yes, funimation is really making it worse. I always thought the hetalia fandom was lots of fun to be in, but right now, it's kind of making me feel ashamed. Funi did not make a good call on that line. This all just feeds into the anti-hetalia leigon that forming...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:32 pm
Haters hate anything when it becomes popular, yeah. Like, dare I say, Naruto and Bleach. Both of which I still read (though I'm sick of Naruto's plot since long ago).  

x_LoveObject_x
Crew

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

currychicken123

3,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:12 pm
they really do. (not like i can say anything, i think i hate twilight because its popular... nvm, its because of the twitards.. yeah.) Its annoying. I once ran across an anti-hetalia thing on DA and all anyone could say was "it's so stupid" or "what idiot would make WWII into an anime?" I was like, "really?" <_<  
Meeting Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 592 593 594 595 596 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff