Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 597 598 599 600 601 602 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:40 pm
cry What is the reason for this lack of posting, if I may be so bold as to ask?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:51 pm
Well the last person posted 4 days ago. lol Seems to move slowly.  

Valkore Fraust

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:58 pm
Jaden_Ordo
cry What is the reason for this lack of posting, if I may be so bold as to ask?

If you haven't noticed, not many people have been posting really. Probably life issues, like usual.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:39 pm
lady_skuld
I'm going to probably drop from my RPs here in the guild. I know, it's so sad that you all are now weeping in tears of sadness. But I'm afraid due to my lacking posting, that I'm going to have to drop.

Life just sucks that way.

Kitty sad to here news ‘bout her twin. crying
*hisses and bares fang at Life* leave my twin alone!  

K-Blade

Eraik Tayhaai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:46 pm
I'd like to RP, but its all sorta new to me here and I'm not exactly sure where to start. Do I need a sheet or just free form it?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:07 pm
In the Chimera's Memory Banks subforum, there's threads just for character profiles in the RPs. You can always look at them for an idea on how to do a character if you wanna join a given RP.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Eraik Tayhaai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:11 pm
Are there alot of different RP's? I read through some, but I'm a little lost as to if they are all simultaneous or if its a bunch of different RPs that have no connection.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:22 pm
Generally the RPs are separate, though ones in set further in the timeline may have a connection with one in the past. The RPs that are running now are the Cloak of the Sith, which is free form, and Cale has one going in the Outer Rim using the new Saga Edition.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:34 pm
A few of the older RPs were connected.

Like, the CotGCW RPs all took part one after the other as immediate sequels. The Legacy RPs were similar, but they also took place 100-ish years after the CotGCW RPs so some people had their characters in those be descendents from their other characters and so on.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:20 am
I want something in set Clone Wars crying  

Valkore Fraust

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:36 am
Band of Vode was about a clone unit.

If enough people were interest, there's a chance of reviving the thing, maybe redoing it, etc. but I have yet to see any RP be revived once closed before completion.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:39 am
Tacking onto that, Band of Vode also happened to be one of the most hated RPs ever, as it was generally regarded as highly repetitive due to the nature of being a clone. You fought, then went to the next planet. Fougth some more. No real distinct flavor about it that gave it anything special. The other problem was it seemed to be prone to disorganization and wild events happening partially due to said boredom, such as outrageous numbers and unlikely events.

The clone wars in general tend to be an era that really is fairly tricky to work around anyway, as we have so much recorded detail of what went on it's getting hard to try to create anything directly in tandom to the story.

Plus, if you're not a clone or a force user, you really can't do much in an RP set then. And nobody wants to play a droid usually to give anyone any worthwhile opponents, so it's even more unbalanced than ever. I'd prolly be one of maybe three willing people to even be a droid, and then all the clone troopers would b***h about anything I did to even hold ground, claiming it would be superior to droid tactics or something, etcetera etcetera, and really, it's just a very terrible idea to mess with.

Frankly, if I was to make any comment on a clone wars RP, I'd make most of the player stuck as droids or seperatists, not clones. And play it from their point of view, instead of the high and mighty notion that the republic was the good guys. Afterall, the seps had quite a worthwhile reason for trying to break off from the republic. Just because the jedi fought for the republic doesn't mean that the republic was actually doing that great a job...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:31 am
Heh. i'd play a Battle droid.
I'd probably pick to be one of those Commando Droid models from the last Clone Wars episode. They probably operate on a heuristic Processor, unlike the majority of separatist droids.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:14 pm
I'd like to be a front line clone, for once. Shouting for a comrades name instead of "mom!" because I'd have no mum.  

Valkore Fraust

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:20 pm
I'd play a Separatist. Maybe a droid.

Sorry that Fury and I haven't been on lately. Computer issues are crippling our Force-using abilities, or at least, as they relate to cyberspace.

The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 597 598 599 600 601 602 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games