Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Journals [OOC]
[J] Maybe I'm a Lion - Sheepsie's SoAs Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:28 pm

User Image
User Image

What I love most about rivers is:
You can't step in the same river twice
The water's always changing, always flowing
But people, I guess, can't live like that

Name: Jumana
Meaning: silver pearl
Father: N/A
Mother: N/A
Siblings: Unknown
Offspring: None

Pride: Bahari'mtoto
Position in Pride: Pomithi
Personality: Jumana was born to a river pride who believed very strongly in the spirit of the river. The river gifted them with life by providing them with prey animals, and in return they did not over-hunt and gave praise to the spirits who lived there. Fireflies were thought to be the messengers of the spirit, and thus to have a firefly land on the tip of ones nose was thought to be a blessing from the river spirit. All cubs were taught to swim at a very young age, for it was necessary to swim across the shallows to reach the other side of the river. Jumana was no exception to the rule, and spent most of her cub years getting used to go the feel of water. Once she was used to it, however, she enjoyed it immensely.

The river always represented change to the pride, not to mention the paths one could take. As in life, you could choose to follow the smoothest course of the river or be daring and choose the river that wound around and hid its secrets. But all rivers lead out to the sea, a place that visited the dreams of many cubs including Jumana. Like her mother before her she was a free spirit, and dreamed of the end of the river much like one dreams of the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. To her, the sea represented a place where she would find what she was looking for. Thus, when she was old enough, she set out on a journey to find the end of the river and reach the sea. She is a determined lioness, though her youthful curiousity and playfulness often get the better of her and multiple times she had been sidetracked from her quest. Jumana still has much to learn, but is confident in her own ability to see through whatever she sets her heart on.

Image Song: Just Around The River Bend - Pocahontas

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:41 pm

User Image
* denotes finished RP

Rivers meets the sea - [Tambuzi] Link *
Dancing in the Waves - [Chuju] Link

Chibi Sheepcat

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:45 pm

User Image
User Image
I am not afraid to keep on living
I am not afraid to walk this world alone
Honey if you stay, I'll be forgiving
Nothing you can say can stop me going home

Name: Ziba
Meaning: fight, strength
Siblings: Lakisa, Lalia

Pride: None
Position in Pride: None
Personality: TBW

Image Song: My Chemical Romance - Famous Last Words

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:46 pm

User Image
* denotes finished RP

The Mountain Refuge: An Unfortunate Surprise - [Ja + Lalia] Link

Chibi Sheepcat

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:47 pm

User Image
User Image
There can be miracles, when you believe
Though hope is frail, it's hard to kill
Who knows what miracles you can achieve
When you believe, somehow you will
You will when you believe

Name: Lalia
Meaning: well-spoken
Siblings: Lakisa, Ziba

Image Song: Prince of Egypt - When You Believe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:48 pm

User Image
* denotes finished RP

The Mountain Refuge: An Unfortunate Surprise - [Ja + Ziba] Link

Chibi Sheepcat

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:08 pm

User Image
User Image
I hear the wind across the plain
A sound so strong - that calls my name
It's wild like the river - it's warm like the sun
Yeah it's here - this is where I belong

Name: Anga'legusa
Meaning: Touch the sky
Siblings: N/A

Mate: Kisulisuli
Personality: Like his name suggests, Anga was born a dreamer. He sets no limits on what he can accomplish and strives to reach the goals he had set out for himself. Each goal acts as a stepping stone towards an even greater accomplishment. He is a firm believer in the need to better oneself in order to find the self that is the closest to being one's true self. One's true self may not be perfect and one many never attain a true self, but the path and the effort is more important than the destination. Because of his view that one needs to help oneself, Anga rarely criticizes others for what they choose to do. He also does not impose his own beliefs on them. So long as other creatures are happy and self-sufficient then there is no need to police them. It is not his job to tell others how to live their life. He is only responsible for his own behaviour.

Since his conduct is so important to him, it is something he takes great pride in. If Anga gives his word then he will do everything in his power to fulfill his promise. His word is his law, and it would be incredibly shameful for him if he had to go back on his word. Still, Anga is very naïve about the way the outside world works. He has never been mistreated nor does he fully understand the dangers other felines could pose. Life has always been fairly simple for this young leopard, and it will hopefully continue to be that way.

Anga was born to a small, closely knit prowl of leopards and grew up under the care of a devoted mother. He learned from her all that he needed to know to survive, from hunting to courting females. When he was old enough to provide for himself, he and his brothers left the prowl like the other males before him. The group would stay female only until the time came for more cubs. Since his home jungle belonged entirely to the prowl, Anga was forced to move out onto more open plains in search for better hunting grounds. It was there that he saw his first cheetah. Anga became quite enamoured with these fleet-footed felines, and before long he had managed to find one that was willing to be his mate. It was not quite how he had envisioned his future, but somehow he cannot be displeased with how things have turned out.

Image Song: Bryan Adams - This Is Where I Belong

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:10 pm

User Image
* denotes finished RP

Title - [Character] Link

Chibi Sheepcat

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:29 pm

User Image
User Image
Let's show them
The only way
Let's show them
Our hearts

Name: Nantale
Meaning: totem of the lion
Father: Mtembei
Mother: Kitambi
Siblings: Koewal, Araiya

Pride: Nchi'mahadhi
Position in Pride: Sha'ihubo

Image Song: Shiny Toy Guns - Starts With One

Stages

User Image User Image User Image User Image
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:33 pm

User Image
* denotes finished RP

Just A Little Girl - [Kitambi] Link *
The Beginning and the End of All Things - [Kitambi, Kova'Rytmi] Link

Chibi Sheepcat

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:35 pm

User Image
User Image
Her eyes, that’s where hope lies.
That’s where blue skies
Always meet the sunrise.
Her eyes, that’s where I go
When I go home

Name: Nkiruka
Meaning: the best is still to come
Father: Altair
Mother: Angavu
Siblings: Usiku, Nyota, Dhuriyana

Pride: Pridelands
Position in Pride: Youth

Image Song: Her Eyes - Pat Monahan

Stages

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:44 pm

User Image
* denotes finished RP

Title - [Character] Link

Chibi Sheepcat

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:55 pm

User Image
User Image
I’m just a little bossy
I like it how I like it when I like it and that’s how it is
I’m just a little bossy
You got a problem with it?

Name: Miah
Meaning: Mine
Father: Corsa'lion
Mother: Lakisa
Siblings: Sangoshou'enmu, Rubrum, Mayone, Anga, Bazi

Pride: Mtaishi'miele
Position in Pride: Youth
Personality: Miah is her mother's daughter through and through. Being one of the only girls has not turned her into some stupid wannabe boy – the thought!- but has instead brought her closer than ever to the only female figure in her life. She prides herself in being very "lady-like", always aware of the social boundaries and rarely, if ever, putting a single toe out of line. Because she can do it and do it well, she has no qualms about expecting the same from others around her. She is quick to criticize those who she thinks are behaving like herdbeasts rather than humans and even quicker to tattle on those who are misbehaving. If ever there was a girl you didn't want to catch you doing something you weren't supposed to, Miah would be that girl. She is less likely, however, to sell out her fellow girl if they can provide an explanation that she deems sufficient. The boys, however, are out of luck.

She has inherited much of her mother's opinionated views, and waggles her finger at anything she deems unconventional or against tradition. Lions are meant to mate with lionesses, produce children, and live perfectly happy normal lives. These strange new prides are just asking for disaster by allowing lionesses to mate with lionesses, and even worse, lions mating with lions. And all of this mating with other species to produce hybrids! These other prides are clearly a den of vice and she's not afraid to tell anyone that asks her either. As the star pupil so to speak of her mother and the only girl in her family, she has had a great deal of practice lording over other people. It would be rather unfair to call her a leader, since tyrant or dictator might be a better fit, but she is extremely bossy. Anyone who never wishes to make a decision again should befriend Miah, as she will make sure to keep your life in line for you. Structure and discipline are the keys to success!

Having grown up under the careful tutelage of her mother, she is good at following orders and finishing what is put before her. Her mother has instilled in her a great sense of responsibility, and if Miah has given someone her word she will see it through no matter how much she dislikes said person. Being only young she is still rather impressionable, and will struggle sometimes between what she believes is Good and Right and the life that the others seem to be enjoying.

Image Song: Lindsay Lohan - Bossy

Stages

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:56 pm

User Image
* denotes finished RP

Title - [Character] Link

Chibi Sheepcat

[OOC] Journals [OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff