Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply dead threads - do not post
The Great Vampires vs Werewolves Debate Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite Vampire (werewolves next!)
Dracula
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Eric Northman
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Edward Cullen
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Sanguini from Harry Potter
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Lydia the English Major

5,425 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:20 am
Honestly, I like both of them and both of them have pros and cons. Vampires have that whole mysterious creature of the night thing, but get them too mysterious and they aren't really human any more. Werewolves have a certain... exciting animalistic side that I like, but if you get them to be nothing more than mere beasts, that can get boring. Vampires in the right hands can be interesting, intriguing people with a mysterious nature and a huge sense of age, immortality, and history. Werewolves in the right hands can be interesting, intriguing people who hold the freedom of nature and running around in the woods. It all depends on how they are handled.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:23 pm
Vampyres are my favorite, by far. I like how they are so mysterious.
I loved Interiew with a Vampire. The way it portrys them is amazing. Plus Armand is ... great. XD
I also love the House of Night series by P.C. Croft. It's fun how it has a few different types of vamps in it. And it takes an interesting aproach in how they become vamps and what happens when they 'feed' and.. well.. All that.  

Akyro Lyse

Syumerrt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:39 am
I would just like to point out that Jacob and his pack in Twilight are not werewolves, it was even pointed out in the last book when the high and mighty vampires from Venice said that one of their leaders had the real werewolves, the children of the moon almost wiped out, or extinct I forgot which one it was.
Anyways, I'm not a big fan of Twilight, that's beside the point, I would have to go with werewolves, om nom nom nom chomping away at a vampire's throat. To me I just love how they seem more brutal, yet not classy like, personally I hate all the restrictions that most vampire societies set, where as a werewolf hardly has any rules to go by.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:56 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
How does it feel to be a puppet on my string?

Lydia the English Major
Honestly, I like both of them and both of them have pros and cons. Vampires have that whole mysterious creature of the night thing, but get them too mysterious and they aren't really human any more. Werewolves have a certain... exciting animalistic side that I like, but if you get them to be nothing more than mere beasts, that can get boring. Vampires in the right hands can be interesting, intriguing people with a mysterious nature and a huge sense of age, immortality, and history. Werewolves in the right hands can be interesting, intriguing people who hold the freedom of nature and running around in the woods. It all depends on how they are handled.

What is your favorite version of vampires in a story, and favorite werewolves? Mine would be Southern Vampires Series (Sookie Stackhouse) werewolves and Underworld vamps (or maybe Dracula).

Akyro Lyse
I also love the House of Night series by P.C. Croft. It's fun how it has a few different types of vamps in it. And it takes an interesting aproach in how they become vamps and what happens when they 'feed' and.. well.. All that.

Ok, I'm hooked, what happens?

Syumerrt
I hate all the restrictions that most vampire societies set, where as a werewolf hardly has any rules to go by.

I hate vampire rules too. Like in the Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampires/True Blood series, they have Kings and Queens and Sheriffs and all sorts of hierarchy. If I was a vampire, I'd hate to answer to all those people. That's a lot of the fun of BEING a vampire!

User Image
I am hollow... and I will live forever

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Broken_Angel_xXx

Desirable Vampire

6,400 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:37 pm
I'm all about the Twilight Saga and in the series I'll have to say Vampires are better than the werewolves. I prefer my men dead cold and sparkly not wild hot and furry lol

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:02 am
VampireGirlsRock95
I'm all about the Twilight Saga and in the series I'll have to say Vampires are better than the werewolves. I prefer my men dead cold and sparkly not wild hot and furry lol

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
How does it feel to be a puppet on my string?

I dunno I think in terms of Twilight I liked the werewolves better... then again, I only saw the movie and we never actually see werewolves in the movie... but at least the werewolves from the New Moon trailer look better than Lupin from Harry Potter 3 (coughcoughChinhuahuacoughcough).

User Image
I am hollow... and I will live forever

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

DarknessApproaches39

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:07 am
Hahaha, I totally agree about the better-looking werewolves in New Moon! I just saw the trailer last night, and the first thing I said to my friends sitting next to me was "Well, you have to admit, those werewolves look cool! They at least look better than Lupin... he was pitiful-looking in the 3rd movie..." They kinda just stared at me oddly, since none of them are particular Twilight fans. Hahaha!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:21 pm
I cant pick the only reason i picked edward was because he is from twilight nd you didnt have jacob black up there or i would have picked him. But still i love twilight thats wat im going to vote for no matter wats up in the vote im a twilight freak biggrin always have always will biggrin i just dont lik harry potter xd

sweet twilight fan

600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
dead threads - do not post

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items