Magickal Tattoos Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Siofra Da`Halbria

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:58 am
User Image

This picture was taken after all the outlining was done, and the artist was filling in the solid black part of my tattoo.

User Image

All the black and the shading was done, now he was adding the blue.

User Image

A picture of the finished product. My back looks really bad, because I haven't scrubbed it in 3 weeks. Just been rubbing soap on it. I have to scrub again. I'm breaking out!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:44 pm
I'm getting a tattoo after I move to Italy. It's an image that I love, but nothing that really connects to me spiritually, other than I believe in the existence of fairies. A faerie, sitting on some breed of mushroom (I haven't decided yet what breed).
I do happen to be one of the people who would get tattoos because I think they're cool... but they'd be in places that are easily covered by a shirt or something. (Back, ect). I've got two piercings that I got for the sole purpose of "I though it was cool lookin."

My mother has the image of a phoenix and an eagle battling over a lake covering who whole back, and part of her bum. My dad did it. biggrin  

Feryal Riska

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:02 am
Wow, that's awesome Sofria!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:24 pm
Very nice.^_^

Shimegamis, does your Aegishjalmar have any particular significance? All I know of them is that they can be used either for protection and/or inspiring fear in enemies, but I've read that various ones can have other, more specialized meanings- and that often the only one who can decipher that meaning is the one who made them. Is there any truth to that?

The Hati and Skol are well done, and a great idea.^_^ I take it you have a Norse influence on your spirituality? Or just in taste for art?

The BDSM teddy, lol- cute. And very distinctive- I'm sure the police will have absolutely no problem identifying you in a line up. blaugh

Siofra- that's a lovely pent, and the shading is very artistic. It's interesting to see it in the various stages of completion- though just looking at that ink gun makes me wince.^_^' I'm glad it came out well for you!  

WebenBanu

StrawberryGumiho

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:51 pm
WebenBanu
Very nice.^_^

Shimegamis, does your Aegishjalmar have any particular significance? All I know of them is that they can be used either for protection and/or inspiring fear in enemies, but I've read that various ones can have other, more specialized meanings- and that often the only one who can decipher that meaning is the one who made them. Is there any truth to that?

The Hati and Skol are well done, and a great idea.^_^ I take it you have a Norse influence on your spirituality? Or just in taste for art?

The BDSM teddy, lol- cute. And very distinctive- I'm sure the police will have absolutely no problem identifying you in a line up. blaugh

Actually, yes. The Aegishjalmar does have particular meaning to me. I'm a very assertive person. And, though I may at times seem very actively aggressive and overly blunt, when saying the same thing in person I'm very calm and reserved, though still blunt. I've been told that I'm also infuriatingly charming while pissing people off (people get most irritated with me for making bland corrections and not responding visibly to rile tactics).

Aegishjalmar to some is a protection bindrune, but for others its often an invocation of courage. For me, it also represents the use of another skill. Appeal. And being "irresistable to your enemy." A veil that halts the attacking blade and covers the unsheathing of my own, so to speak.

As for Hati and Skol. I'm a Germanic Traditionalist whose root influence is the Harjilaz tribe. Being that wolves are a strong symbol of the Harjilaz and Fenrir is one of my patrons, I started my back piece by getting Fenrir's offspring done. The full piece when finished will also incorporate Hurafn and Murafn, Hela, Iormorgund and Fenrir breaking out of Gleipnir.

The Bear simply symbolizes some of my more indulging interests. whee
I also, just had it finished:

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:49 pm
rofl

That's a funny tattoo. Dom, sub or switch, if you don't mind me asking?  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

StrawberryGumiho

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:29 am
Nihilistic Seraph
rofl

That's a funny tattoo. Dom, sub or switch, if you don't mind me asking?

haha. Highly aggressive switch. Never submissive, just forcefully subdued. xd wink  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:05 am
I've got a friend of mine who's a switch. He's a very amusing person to hang around with, but also kinda frustrating to deal with.

Me - Stop that, or I smack you.
Him - You will? *all hopeful*  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

StrawberryGumiho

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:03 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
I've got a friend of mine who's a switch. He's a very amusing person to hang around with, but also kinda frustrating to deal with.

Me - Stop that, or I smack you.
Him - You will? *all hopeful*

Normally, I'm the one to threaten the smacking.
If someone threatens to smack me, I just tell them to try me... Because I hit back harder. (part of my ethics both in life and play. Strike me, you've given me permission to strike harder.)  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:05 pm
I roll depending on how much energy I want to put into things. xd  

Jameta
Captain

Siofra Da`Halbria

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:12 pm
Jameta

blaugh + eek + wink + surprised + exclaim

T! You naughty girl!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:30 pm
Siofra Da`Halbria
Jameta

T! You naughty girl!
Excuse me? You should be mindful of your own gutter diving! xd  

Jameta
Captain

Siofra Da`Halbria

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:26 pm
Jameta
Siofra Da`Halbria
Jameta

T! You naughty girl!
Excuse me? You should be mindful of your own gutter diving! xd

hey! What I do to Johnny Depp in my head is different than what you do to LD in real life! lol  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:31 pm
Hehehe, then there's me, who really isn't interested in sado-masochism at all...  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Ezinu

Unbeatable Hoarder

4,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Member 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:25 pm
tattoo's can be very spiritual i have a scorpion on my right calf i thought about getting the sign but the actual animal appealed more to me. i intend on getting a pentacle with wings attched to each side some day but thats gonna cost a pretty penny to have done right. and ill probably get Uroboros tattoed around my wrist though my boyfriend thinks i should get the one thats all interweived in itself not just eating its tail.  
_The Agora_ ! Art ! Focused Discussion ! Debate ! *Under Construction*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff