Submit

Yes?
  no
  yes
  maybe
View Results

IceKittyeKat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:54 pm
I know how you feel, but at the same time I'm happy about it. I like being able to talk to my friends about the book. I mean its only cool if you adore the book like a nerd (which all my friends who have read it and myself are) SO about being too popular. Naw... I love it. Good for Steph. for making it big. As a writer her this is her dream coming true. But at the same time I do understand because its like a hidden treasure that only you know about. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:04 pm
I agree with you...kind of. I think only one or two of my friends know what Twilight is. The rest of them are like, 'What the hell is Twilight?' so it kind of works both ways.

I think it's getting popular because there's a movie going to come out about it. Otherwise, it would be just as hidden. I, myself, only got it about 3 weeks ago because I saw people talking about here. I noticed the posts during the Vampires vs. Humans, which reminded people of Twilight, I guess. All I ever saw was 'I love Twilight!' and stuff like that so I went out and got it a couple weeks later.

Thank you soooooo much to the people who talked about in public forums. I wouldn't have known about the books without them. xd  

Double Helix Felix

Dangerous Explorer

broadwayluvr4

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:05 pm
ya...i really don't want them to make a movie because movies just ruin every book!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:34 am
i feel a book is a book and it is good that everyone is reading now because with out all these new readers then stephenie wouldnt become such a popular writer. that is her goal when she writes a book is for many to read it whether they read it a year after the publishing or the day is comes out.  

BeachBum16722

kittiko

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:54 am
:3 I just read it so maybe I'm the birth of it's popularity. I'm one of those people that LOVE to share my happiness so personally I like it's sudden stardom. : D

But I agree with the movie thing, I hope it doesn't ruin everything I loved about it.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:44 pm
I agree with a lot of you saying that it becoming popular is good for stephanie, that's one good thing.
but like i've been saying a bajibbilion times..it's the stupid people that ruin things
gah mad  

xbookxwormx

-EmO_-_cOOkIE-_-qUEEn-

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:42 pm
i actually kinda like it being big because i can say something related to the book and ppl would know wat im talking about. and i like talking about it quite a bit so its nice to have ppl to talk to about it. but then again it is getting REALLY big but hopefully it wont turn out as bad as i think it will. i just hope to god they get the movie straight or im gonna be so P.O'd
but i really like who they've chosen as bella and edward. hopefully they'll pull it off. =]  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:16 am
I admit I liked the fact that it was just a special little secret, and I miss that but it makes me happy to know so many people like it. It's the same thing with music I'm drawn to bands no one knows because (if I like them) it feels like it's my own special marble to keep in my secret box. I don't know if that makes any sense but that's what I think. sweatdrop 3nodding  

xnotxperfectx

mizzshy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:57 pm
User Image I see the angels,
I'll lead them to your door.
There's no escape now...
---

I have to agree. It gets so annoying when people read only a tiny part of it and are like, "omg I'm like the biggest fan of Twilight and vampires ever"

This is why it's nice to live in England sometimes. All the chavs here would never get into vampires.

Only me and my group of friends like it at all... which makes me happy... ^_^

---
... No mercy no more,
No remorse 'cause I still remember
The smile when you tore me apart...User Image

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:26 pm
xnotxperfectx
I admit I liked the fact that it was just a special little secret, and I miss that but it makes me happy to know so many people like it. It's the same thing with music I'm drawn to bands no one knows because (if I like them) it feels like it's my own special marble to keep in my secret box. I don't know if that makes any sense but that's what I think. sweatdrop 3nodding
makes complete sense to me! exactly what i'm getting at.  

xbookxwormx

xbookxwormx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:27 pm
mizzshy
There's no escape now...
---

I have to agree. It gets so annoying when people read only a tiny part of it and are like, "omg I'm like the biggest fan of Twilight and vampires ever"

This is why it's nice to live in England sometimes. All the chavs here would never get into vampires.

---
... No mercy no more,
finally someone who agrees.
no one in my school really knows about it except for a few
but still..
just b/c you look at the cover doesn't mean you're the number one fan.
dumb.. mad  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:05 pm
xbookxwormx
mizzshy
There's no escape now...
---

---
... No mercy no more,
finally someone who agrees.
no one in my school really knows about it except for a few
but still..
just b/c you look at the cover doesn't mean you're the number one fan.
dumb.. mad

Exactly! *high fives* ^_^

mizzshy

Fifii

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:17 am
no way  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:37 pm
I think it's ridiculous that some of you will stop liking Twilight just because it's popular. Like, "OMG EVERYONE LIKES TWILIGHT SO I CAN'T LIKE IT ANYMORE LOLOLOLOLOL." Popularity isn't nearly as bad as some people make it out to be. What's bad is changing your interests because they're in the majority or the minority.  

strawberry sapphic

Seasonal Strawberry

11,775 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100

Haru Minatsuki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:52 pm
This is what makes me so glad that I'm not in school anymore...

I've seen a lot of Gaia avatars around with character names *points above*, and I remember why this was the reason I didn't like Harry Potter in the first place. I remember looking at people reading it in school and thinking 'What the Hell is with this book?' It wasn't until I sat down and watched the first movie with my nephew that I started liking that series.

I'm not too fussed about who I share the book with or anything. I know my friends won't read it, so I'm stuck reading it on my lonesome. Oh well. More werewolves for me XD

The increasing popularity on vampires is making me think I should focus my book around my werewolf character...  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff