Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krilliad

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:32 am
Old Lord Brocktree
Fresnel
Old Lord Brocktree
Mmm, problem is some of those are impractical, one example is the jack hammer. The drums are hard to find, and the gun itself is expensive.
You can find a Jackhammer? Hell, I thought they hadn't even entered this half of the world.

Exactly, they're raaaare. I doubt they're even past the prototype stage.
They're not even outta the lab beta-ish testing, those things got passed up by the AA-12 real good.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:44 pm
Battlefield Reaper
Old Lord Brocktree
Fresnel
Old Lord Brocktree
Mmm, problem is some of those are impractical, one example is the jack hammer. The drums are hard to find, and the gun itself is expensive.
You can find a Jackhammer? Hell, I thought they hadn't even entered this half of the world.

They're not even outta the lab beta-ish testing, those things got passed up by the AA-12 real good.
but a jackhammer is kind of a waist of ammo if its far range and it shoots the shells too quickly so it doesn't really hit the mark you're pointing at  

Wiggie

Inquisitor Brock

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:35 am
Wiggie
Battlefield Reaper
Old Lord Brocktree
Fresnel
Old Lord Brocktree

but a jackhammer is kind of a waist of ammo if its far range and it shoots the shells too quickly so it doesn't really hit the mark you're pointing at

It's a shotgun, you don't use it for range. :/  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:48 pm
I've heard there are only two Jackhammers in the entire world, and that they were going to be mass-produced, except someone stole the plans...? *shrug*  

SharkieDraws

Inquisitor Brock

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:11 am
Wark_Ento
I've heard there are only two Jackhammers in the entire world, and that they were going to be mass-produced, except someone stole the plans...? *shrug*

Only two fully automatic ones, reportedly, and the plans weren't stolen, that I've heard, the plan just fell through.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:23 pm
Yeah...here's more info on the jackhammer for anyone who wants to read it...

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh10-e.htm  

SharkieDraws

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:58 pm
Wark_Ento
Yeah...here's more info on the jackhammer for anyone who wants to read it...

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh10-e.htm

The Jackhammer does seem kind of cool. My only problem is the cylinder... Cassette?! Wtf. Anyway, it seems very bulky for just 10 rounds, and heavy.

Also, looking at the plans it seems like more of a revolver.

Also there's this thing;
Quote:
In the latter case, each chamber is factory pre-loaded with powder, primer and a projectiles of one or another type, then hermetically sealed in the plastic film cover. Prior to load the "Ammo Cassette" into the gun, one must remove the plastic sealing and then insert the cassette. When all charges from the cassette are fired, it can be disposed of or sent to the factory for reload.

Preloaded, pre-sealed? There's no actual casings, just the loaded cylinder.
:/ That doesn't strike me as... convenient or even, s**t what's the word I'm looking for? Cost effective?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUe4NWiOq5A
I believe that one's better. But doubtful that the US would ever use anything based off of an AK.
Although, I do not approve of the nearly open Chau Chat like design on the drum.
If they close up that thing up so dirt doesn't get in, it would be great.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:57 am
lazycommie
ArmasTermin
lazycommie
but H&K makes crap that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

I'm sorry, what?

Please tell me I read that wrong.

It's overhyped crap that breaks easy and is almost impossible to get parts for.

The only thing that isn't worthless is the G3 and it's derivative MBRs(PTR-91), because it wasn't designed by those idiots(it started out as a Mauser design built in Spain by CETME in the years following WWII, then H&K copied it almost to the letter, most parts will even interchange).

Other than that, it's nothing but junk. It gets a good reputation due to marketing, but other than that it's just overpriced and poorly designed.

A SMG that is basically a G3 in 9mm? The design doesn't work very well with the 9mm round

A rifle made of plastic that melts and has easy to damage optics and no backup optics, let alone the fact that it jams more than any other modern military weapon? It's a piece of s**t

A rifle exactly like the one above, but with more plastic that is easily melted or broken and is supposed to be "modular". Asking for trouble, I'm glad to see it got canned.

A handgun that relies on a little bit of rubber for proper locking? That's just plain stupid.

And it appears I've made a few enemies by calling out a shitty company with awful customer service, inferior products and that exists solely because of marketing.

Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy  

Krilliad

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:14 pm
Battlefield Reaper
lazycommie
ArmasTermin
lazycommie
but H&K makes crap that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

I'm sorry, what?

Please tell me I read that wrong.

It's overhyped crap that breaks easy and is almost impossible to get parts for.

The only thing that isn't worthless is the G3 and it's derivative MBRs(PTR-91), because it wasn't designed by those idiots(it started out as a Mauser design built in Spain by CETME in the years following WWII, then H&K copied it almost to the letter, most parts will even interchange).

Other than that, it's nothing but junk. It gets a good reputation due to marketing, but other than that it's just overpriced and poorly designed.

A SMG that is basically a G3 in 9mm? The design doesn't work very well with the 9mm round

A rifle made of plastic that melts and has easy to damage optics and no backup optics, let alone the fact that it jams more than any other modern military weapon? It's a piece of s**t

A rifle exactly like the one above, but with more plastic that is easily melted or broken and is supposed to be "modular". Asking for trouble, I'm glad to see it got canned.

A handgun that relies on a little bit of rubber for proper locking? That's just plain stupid.

And it appears I've made a few enemies by calling out a shitty company with awful customer service, inferior products and that exists solely because of marketing.

Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy Blashphemy

Forgive him, he's Communist.

Wait, Germans... IDIOTS?! ...
Get out or I will destroy you.

Almost everyone has awful customer service.

I just don't like the MP5 because it's 9mm and is used in every action movie to date. ... almost.

As for the 'glass optics' the G36K and G36C comes with iron sights and a Picatinny rail.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:10 pm
Of course the MP5 is good.

A. If it sucked, every agency in the country wouldn't use it.

B. It's German.

Seriously, if it's in America and it has an acronym and it carries guns, it has at least a drawer full of MP5s. All the good guys use them, all the bad guys use them, they look cool and they work. And anyone that doesn't like the MP5 likes the UMP and if they don't like either they're communists.  

ArmasTermin

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:00 am
ArmasTermin

B. It's German.

Seriously, if it's in America and it has an acronym and it carries guns, it has at least a drawer full of MP5s. All the good guys use them, all the bad guys use them, they look cool and they work. And anyone that doesn't like the MP5 likes the UMP and if they don't like either they're communists.

I don't like the MP5. One because it's 9mm. Two because it's being way over used, especially in hollywood.
I love the UMP-45 though. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:19 pm
OberFeldwebel
ArmasTermin

B. It's German.

I don't like the MP5. One because it's 9mm. Two because it's being way over used, especially in hollywood.

UMP-45 = heart

MP5 in .45 would be amazing though.....  

Freak_090
Captain

OberFeldwebel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:55 pm
Freak_090
OberFeldwebel
ArmasTermin

B. It's German.

UMP-45 = heart

MP5 in .45 would be amazing though.....

It wouldn't work though. I doubt it's even big enough.

It would have to be completely rebuilt.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:46 pm
Old Lord Brocktree
Fresnel
Old Lord Brocktree

Only two exist, and they're both prototypes.  

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

Requiem ex Inferni

Eloquent Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:49 pm
My friend's dad has two guns that would work quite well- a 12-gauge magazine-fed shotgun and a Savage Arms .30-06 rifle. I'd use those until I could break into a National Guard station and steal some guns. I don't think the Nat Guard guys would mind.

Fortunatley, there's one about a mile and a half from my house.  
Zombies. Seriously.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff