The Girl Behind the Curtain Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deadly Nightshayde

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:49 am
whee! get ready for a wall of text.
it's mostly for my own venting and collecting my thoughts, so you can ignore it if you want.

work is terrible.
summer camp is going so badly.
well, camp itself is going perfectly fine, it's the dining hall that is in chaos.
we're having a meeting on friday with the dude in charge and we're all supposed to make a list of everything that's been going on, so i'm going to make my list here, because i just like to rant.

first off, a bit about how things work. there are three sections.
dockside/macks village - 11 round tables of 8
the middle section - 23 bench tables of 12
fireplace side/kauffman - 9 bench tables of 12 and 2 rounds of 8

macks and kauffman require two people to run them, the middle gets four.
everyone gets about the same amount of tables and work.

the dining hall manager (referred to here on out as dhm) isn't doing her job well and is abusing her power, and her husband is driving everyone up all wall.

it was like five minutes until dinner was supposed to start and she realized that eleven tables of kids that we had set for weren't even supposed to be there. that's not -really- a big deal, because we can just take the dishes away and keep them counted out and everything for the next meal, but still it's eleven tables of unnecessary work that we did. and then, six of the eleven tables she said weren't coming showed up, so we had to set stuff back out again. she is the dhm, it is her job to have a handle on this stuff.

all the staff was sitting at the staff table eating before the kids came into the dining hall for dinner and the dhm came over to tell us where everyone would be since we changed a few things around with the salad bars and eleven tables were (supposedly) empty in the middle. she was making it soooo complicated and everyone was confused. she was going to leave five people in the middle section for twelve tables, and leave me by myself down in macks village with eleven tables. i'm pretty easy going, but this is not okay, so i spoke up and said i really needed a second person. another girl spoke up and said, "well my tables are part of the eleven that aren't here, so i'll just move down here with her." i said, "well that works out, then everyone else can stay where they usually are, with the exception of leslie moving to the salad bar." the dhm says, "no! it's my decision and i want.... blah blah blah confusion." after she walks away the kids start coming in and everyone is looking at me saying "what? where am i" what am i doing?" i've been there longest, i know how everything works, so i end up cleaning up the dhm's mess and making sure everyone gets to their post. meanwhile i'm -still- stuck in macks by myself.

eventually the girl who said she'd help me came up without permission and helped me clean up after dinner and set up for breakfast. we finished first, which isn't unusual. i'm getting paid by the day, not by the hour, so obviously i don't want to stay at work any longer than i need to. i rush to get my section finished so i can get out and get home to the ninja whom i haven't had any decent time with in two weeks. in the past, once you've finished your section, you can go. it makes perfect sense. but no, the dhm thinks that if you finish first you must have less work, and therefore you need to stay and help everyone else. but the actual boss of everything has told us that this is not the way things need to work and that when we're finished we can go. so when mallory and i finished first, i went to the dhm and said, "we're finished, so we're going to go." of course she said we couldn't, we had to help everyone else. i started trying to explain to her that i was ending up with more work just because i'm faster, and that i shouldn't be required to help with everyone else's work. it's not like i have anything against everyone else, i love everyone to death, i just don't want to do more than my share of the work. she even had the nerve to say that i have the easiest section and that i shouldn't even have a second person down there to help. mallory was standing right there and she agreed with me that it was harder in my section. it is less people, because it's only tables of 8, not 12, but they're round tables with chairs, instead of picnic style tables. they're harder to sweep around and put table cloth on, and they're harder to work around. so it evens out. less people, but more complicated. i don't know why the dhm can't understand that.

more later, i'm tired of typing.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:13 pm
i'm having a serious crisis here.
the boy is having problems at camp.
it's a lot of bs politics.
he might quit, if he doesn't get fired.
he needs the money though.
i told him he should look for a job at home until he goes back to school.
he doesn't want to live with his parents though, and he's making more at camp than most summer jobs would provide.

but it's making him so miserable.
i hate him being so unhappy.
we were talking about it earlier today on AIM.

i cried.
he doesn't know.

he's been throwing some comments into our conversations that are making me question some things...
last night we were texting and i said i was going to bed.
he said, "ok, go dream about me."
i said, "you wish, lol"
he said. "...yeah...i do....."

then today when we AIMing he said something along the lines of, "why bother, i can't have anything that'll make me happy. i can't have you. i can't have ashley. i can't go home yet." etc etc. ashley is another girl he was kind of interested in.

and after that we were texting again and i told him that if they're stupid enough to fire him it's not worth working for them anyway, and he said, "but seeing you might be."

sooooo, i'm freaking out a little.

i'm so in love with the ninja.

but the boy is special.
our connection is special.
insane, ridiculous, tragic, and heartbreaking.
i haven't told him this, but i think he's my soul mate.
that one person who can rock you to your core.
i will always love him.
i wish so much it were enough.

i don't think he would say those things if he didn't mean them.
but on the other hand, i know he's very stressed right now, and more emotional than normal so i don't know how seriously to take it.

i wonder sometimes.
when things are tense with the ninja.
what would have happened if the boy and i had just stuck it out a little longer.
he'll be at camp every other weekend this fall and winter, working retreats.
if i had only known...

but at the end of the day it comes down to this:
i love the ninja.
so much more than i ever imagined was possible.
the boy and i had our chance, it didn't work, and life goes on.
life goes on.

Deadly Nightshayde

Deadly Nightshayde

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:02 pm
it's amazing how much some things change.
and how other things never will.
i feel like i'm on the cusp of some breakthrough...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:02 am
i sound like such a stoner.
i promise, the only thing i'm high on is my own intangible sanity.

Deadly Nightshayde

Deadly Nightshayde

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:29 am
whee, olympics start tomorrow!
i'm so excited.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:55 am
wow, it's october already.
i can't believe it.
time flies.

hurray for halloween being soon.
i keep thinking of changing my avatar to something creepier, but then i realize that i'm not done with this one.
i like it better than anything else i've put together.

Deadly Nightshayde

Deadly Nightshayde

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:17 am
I was stuck with a bunch of tweenie boppers for halloween. It was my own doing, but still, I didn't realize just how annoying they would get. One spent the night throwing herself at this one guy she's obsessed with, one kept scaring little kids and making them cry, my sister got extremely irate at her ex-boyfriend, who happens to be one of my best friends, and consequently isn't speaking to him anymore, which has put a serious strain on our group of friends. Now my sister is trying to turn everyone against him, and is succeeding with his best friend, who likes her and wants to date her, even though she doesn't like him that way. Ugh, drama. I don't even know why he wants to be with her. They don't have anything in common other than liking to take people down with them in their misery. He's a horndog, and she's a prude, it would not work.

Food for thought: Horndog was dating my best friend for a bit, and she made him come once without even directly touching it, while both of them were fully clothed, but when they did it, it took him like an hour to finish. WTF? How is that even possible? And another time it took like an hour and a half. When she told me that all I could think was, "OUCH!" Halfway through one time she got bored and watched T.V. til he was done. How did he even have the energy? And the blood supply? I do not understand. Enlighten me, anyone?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:14 pm
moving this cause i don't play very much and i write even less and i just felt like it.
xD  

Deadly Nightshayde

old or forgotten threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas