Whose side are you on?
  Baby bats
  Elistists
  Middle-ground
  Is this s**t still going on?
View Results

xStephanx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:29 pm
Instead of a common state of mind, maybe we just have a common taste?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:37 pm
In a way, yeah. That common taste usually relates to the music and general aesthetics.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Kakei Setsunai

Beloved Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:29 pm
I don't align with either. I think it's sad that people have to fight over petty things like that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:33 am
Kakei Setsunai
I don't align with either. I think it's sad that people have to fight over petty things like that.
Its just how people further define themselves as individuals so they can move away from the collective. smile  

Rellik San
Crew

Lady Detarra

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:20 am
I'm kinda on the middle-ground. I'll try to help out someone who really wants to know more about the gothic lifestyle.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:01 pm
Rellik San
Kakei Setsunai
Its just how people further define themselves as individuals so they can move away from the collective. smile

It seem more like they try to define themselves as individuals as a collective rather than find themselves on their own.  

Kakei Setsunai

Beloved Phantom

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:39 am
GilAskan
spooky_sez
This has slowly but gradually turned into another Labels Thread.

It's almost unavoidable.

At least it hasn't exploded into a flame war of-

"Goth is a state of mind!"
"That's bullshit spread by people who aren't goth but want to be. Goth is about the music."
"That's bullshit spread by people who don't have the state of mind, so they defend themselves with a music genre."
"Now you're just trying to cover your a**."

Et' cetera.

Haha! That's what it boils down to, I think.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:25 am
middle-ground. i listen to both metal and goth rock. The first minute i listen to green day and rise against (not metal, but the only bands i could think of atm), the next miunte i listen to sisters of mercy, and scarlet remains.

music is just a matter of taste, so in my world there is no good reason to b***h about stuff like that.

by the way, some people say that "if you claim that your not a poser, then you are a poser" they might be right, but just came to think off: what if i claim that i AM a poser?  

doom1000

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

ShadowLotus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:48 am
doom1000

by the way, some people say that "if you claim that your not a poser, then you are a poser" they might be right, but just came to think off: what if i claim that i AM a poser?

Heheheh I've heard that before. I completely disagree. I have no clue what gave them that idea.
I'd think if someone claimed to be a poser they may very well be that but it confuses me why they'd say that in the first place Oo;;

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:59 am
ShadowLotus
doom1000

Heheheh I've heard that before. I completely disagree. I have no clue what gave them that idea.
I'd think if someone claimed to be a poser they may very well be that but it confuses me why they'd say that in the first place Oo;;

because they dont take themsle too seriously?  

doom1000

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

ShadowLotus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:10 pm
doom1000
ShadowLotus
doom1000

because they dont take themselves too seriously?

Could be, and/or they just don't care about any of the labels or anything of that manor.

But that brings up a little annoyance of mine that I see a lot in teens.
They wear the clothes that are known goth or scene or whatever then swear they aren't of that genre. And I don't mean they just wear black, they go all the way with chains, accessories, leather boots and dark makeup. If they're dressing goth but aren't goth...then what are they? And at the same time they whine and complain about labels and the world judging them but that they're "just them" and of no genre. This might just be an American thing... but it just really irks me... It sounds an awful lot like posing as something to me.

Of course then there's the not needing to dress Goth and still be Goth O-o;;
(If this is way off topic let me know, but all this reminded me of this issue. If I'm not supposed to talk about this let me know and I'll stop ^-^;; )

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:32 am
ShadowLotus
doom1000
ShadowLotus
doom1000

This might just be an American thing... but it just really irks me... It sounds an awful lot like posing as something to me.

okay, so if sone one say's "i only listen to bauhaus, and i read edga allen poe all the time, wich makes me a non-poser" some one jumps out and yell "claiming that you not a poser, makes you one"
Wich makes the first guy yell "you know s**t about goth, your poser" and BANG we got the flaming competition.

Offcourse that will make some people think "im sick of this s**t. Im not even goth, im just bieng my-self" Then suddenly, they are ALSO posers....
some people say "goth is what you make it" but then some one will be like "only posers says stuff like that"

so no matter what you do,what you wear or listen too, some one WILL call you a poser.
so the only way to not bieng a poser at all, is bieng a prep.
(i might me wrong rolleyes )

doom1000

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

m a r l o w

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:41 am
I can't believe you used the term "baby-bat" ahaha.
I guess I'm a mild-elitest.

And I'm probably the only person on this thread to admit to that.
Then again, elitest (hardcore bats, if you will) wouldn't touch this guild with a 20 foot pole... unless they're gunna raid/flame it or something.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:45 am
doom1000
ShadowLotus
doom1000
ShadowLotus
doom1000

This might just be an American thing... but it just really irks me... It sounds an awful lot like posing as something to me.

okay, so if sone one say's "i only listen to bauhaus, and i read edga allen poe all the time, wich makes me a non-poser" some one jumps out and yell "claiming that you not a poser, makes you one"
Wich makes the first guy yell "you know s**t about goth, your poser" and BANG we got the flaming competition.

Offcourse that will make some people think "im sick of this s**t. Im not even goth, im just bieng my-self" Then suddenly, they are ALSO posers....
some people say "goth is what you make it" but then some one will be like "only posers says stuff like that"

so no matter what you do,what you wear or listen too, some one WILL call you a poser.
so the only way to not bieng a poser at all, is bieng a prep.
(i might me wrong rolleyes )

Lol! Yah that pretty much makes sense cause Prep is at the bottom of the sub-culture chain (I say). So if you're a Prep people will just leave it alone cause Preps act like almost anything.
It's just a sad sad circle of poser accusing. I've been called a poser but that was from this crazed scenekid that hated and made fun of everyone. What I just do is ignore it or simply say calmly "dude... you 1) know nothing and 2) I don't care what you think", it pissed her off but I won anyway.

ShadowLotus

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:26 pm
Baby bats are cute, but I wanna be a kitty!  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff