Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Pokemon Archieve Championship Tournament (Update) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Luther Olathes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:30 pm
Of course it's not hard to get pokemon with AR around. I want to shoot the b*****d that made that damned thing..

You're right, Death, and there for it should not matter if I take legendaries out. It's not that hard to replace a legendary with something else in your box.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:31 pm
I can't wait for my brightpowder sand veil double team garchomp to beat everyone, of course, after my choicescarf breloom spored everyone to sleep on the enemy's team.

J/K I only play if evasion and sleep clauses are on  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:33 pm
Luther Olathes
Of course it's not hard to get pokemon with AR around. I want to shoot the b*****d that made that damned thing..

You're right, Death, and there for it should not matter if I take legendaries out. It's not that hard to replace a legendary with something else in your box.

You're obviously not going to listen to all of the voices of reason here, so I don't know whyI bother. Its like explaining Trigonometry to a 3 year old.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:36 pm
Who cares if there are legendaries or not? I'm disappointed that I think I'm the only one who picked up on the lack of sleep clause here.  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:37 pm
nitnit
Who cares if there are legendaries or not? I'm disappointed that I think I'm the only one who picked up on the lack of sleep clause here.

Me. Those are other reasons why al ot of people may not join this tournament.

off topic- working on newspaper, just so you know.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:54 pm
I'd say use something like this, if you do happen to change the rules:

Lvl 100 Set or Lvl 50 Set (evens the field, not everyone has a team of super strong level 100s)
V/C off (it causes lag and can lead to Disconnection)
Hax Item Clause (because nothing sucks worse when a match ends due to a lucky miss or quick claw activation)
Evasion Clause (because nothing sucks worse than losing to a pokemon you should have knocked out 6 times before it finally took you out)
Sleep Clause (because nothing sucks worse...you get the idea)
OHKO Clause (...)
Self KO Clause (if the opponent kills themself, even if it takes you out, they lose)
No Pokesav (This one is easy, and probably the one that's going to tick some people off. Have a stat caucluator ready when inspecting a team for entry, simple as that.)
OU pokemon selection (Without AR, some pokemon aren't quite as threatening, namely the legends you are so ferverently bashing)

That should help balance things out. After that, you might want to announce the tournament schedule, and the planned date of completion. Something along the lines of 6 weeks to 2 months sounds about right. Maybe a setup like this:

Preliminaries: Inspection + KO (x) pokes on test team/Team Registration
Week 1: Lvl 50 6v6 Singles
Week 2: Lvl 50 6v6 Doubles
Week 3: Lvl 50 3v3 Singles
Week 4: Lvl 50 4v4 Doubles
Week 5: Lvl 100 6v6 Singles
Week 6: Lvl 100 6v6 Doubles  

Tyhoon

Luther Olathes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:56 pm
I've added the Evasion clause and Sleep clause to the rules. As for the Item clause, I don't care as long as the items are reasonible.

PS: Most of those entering the Tournament may follow theses whether or not they are part of the rules, but I added them anyways.

-To deathguiser- We are obviously missing each others points of reason, so lets just drop this because neither of us are getting anywhere with this.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:04 pm
Tyhoon
I'd say use something like this, if you do happen to change the rules:

Lvl 100 Set or Lvl 50 Set (evens the field, not everyone has a team of super strong level 100s)
V/C off (it causes lag and can lead to Disconnection)
Hax Item Clause (because nothing sucks worse when a match ends due to a lucky miss or quick claw activation)
Evasion Clause (because nothing sucks worse than losing to a pokemon you should have knocked out 6 times before it finally took you out)
Sleep Clause (because nothing sucks worse...you get the idea)
OHKO Clause (...)
Self KO Clause (if the opponent kills themself, even if it takes you out, they lose)
No Pokesav (This one is easy, and probably the one that's going to tick some people off. Have a stat caucluator ready when inspecting a team for entry, simple as that.)
OU pokemon selection (Without AR, some pokemon aren't quite as threatening, namely the legends you are so ferverently bashing)

That should help balance things out. After that, you might want to announce the tournament schedule, and the planned date of completion. Something along the lines of 6 weeks to 2 months sounds about right. Maybe a setup like this:

Preliminaries: Inspection + KO (x) pokes on test team/Team Registration
Week 1: Lvl 50 6v6 Singles
Week 2: Lvl 50 6v6 Doubles
Week 3: Lvl 50 3v3 Singles
Week 4: Lvl 50 4v4 Doubles
Week 5: Lvl 100 6v6 Singles
Week 6: Lvl 100 6v6 Doubles

I should have talked to you before starting this.. I decided not to make a schedule due to the fact I don't know how many people will enter. I plan on starting this tournament on March 1st, but, again, depends on the tournament interest. It is obviously off to a rough start, as you can see.

I do appologize for all the "errors" this is the first tournament I've held and I'm having to do it alone. The prize might even have to come out of my own pocket if I can't get any support from guild members. I did not even know what the clauses are untill I joined this guild. My skills are on the battlefield and not the political sense of it.  

Luther Olathes

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:18 pm
Not to sound rude... but why not just hold the tournament inside my guild since it seems like you're going to get most of your members from here anyways? ((I took a look and nobody signed up in your TOPG thread, and only one person did in your D/P thread, and he has a promised land sig anyways -_- ))  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:45 pm
nitnit
Not to sound rude... but why not just hold the tournament inside my guild since it seems like you're going to get most of your members from here anyways? ((I took a look and nobody signed up in your TOPG thread, and only one person did in your D/P thread, and he has a promised land sig anyways -_- ))

Well, the whole idea is to interest in this new guild. The only active ones of the 10 memembers are me and Pheonix. I just opened up yesturday, so I will see how many people actually enter by the end of the month. I was also going to have a seprate thread for competetitors to sumit play-by-plays of their battles.  

Luther Olathes

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:04 pm
Tyhoon

Wtf would a stat calculator do. Pokesav Pokemon ("legit" ones) have the same stats as non pokesav Pokemon.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:38 am
Pay Per Cuts
Tyhoon

Wtf would a stat calculator do. Pokesav Pokemon ("legit" ones) have the same stats as non pokesav Pokemon.
Yes, some legit pokemon have 31 IVs in their respective primary stats. However, most legal sweepers won't have 31 IVs in their defensive stats and most legal tanks won't have 31 IVs in Speed or even their chosen offensive stat.

There are also other factors to look at when inspecting a pokemon: the type of pokeball, where it was met, level met, moveset, etc. It's rather easy to pick out a bad pokesav or even a lazy one. If they get creative and "dumb down" their pokes to throw off inspection that's fine, at least they aren't perfect anymore.  

Tyhoon

Luther Olathes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:34 pm
There is no sure way of filtering out the hackers who bypass training. Since all we require to know are the pokemon you choose to use in the tournament (after the inspection, of course). However, if your entire team is in Masterballs, then it's obvious you've done some hacking.

By the way, incase many have been wondering, the Sign-up deadline is March 1st. As of the moment. Might change depending on tournament interest.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:39 pm
Oh,I don't think I ever signed up...
I don't know if I'm good enough. I think I may have played you before?
I'm not sure.
Well:
Geno
2320 3158 5960
Even if I'm not good enough.
x]

Bug Catcher Geno

Luther Olathes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:08 pm
The tournament will begin shortly. Only a few weeks left before things open up. A prize is being gathered and it is garenteed to be worth the trouble. A bred pokemon of choice may also be added. So, sigh-up before the doors close on march 1st to win the prize and glory.

PS: Even if you do not wish to enter the tournament, you can still witness the fights by going to The Pokemon Archive Guild: The Lost Chapters. Join up and have a seat in the colossuem. Play-by-plays of the battles will be posted there.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff