Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Diffrent kinda muslims Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What are you?
  Other kinda muslim
  Shi'ar
  Sunni
  Other relegion
View Results

Zaakii

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:55 am
XeroRyn
okay for the sake of muslim society..

1t question....how old r you Zaaki??

1st point..only Allah will r you muslim or not
even though you r muslim but you do a lot of sin or wrong doings you r still a muslim ami right?? but you called asi ( the sinful)

in islam we differenciate people by this term
Munafiq
Murtad
Kafir
Muslim
Asi
n so on
understand??

I am about 16 as a muslim, why does that matter?

I am a muslim, i proberly do some sins, but i'm still relegious.

Yes i know why there is shi'ar and sunni... But what is a ahmadhi muslim Ø_ø?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:48 am
Zaaki

I am about 16 as a muslim

scream you are 13..???  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:09 am

Shia Islam is the second largest denomination of Islam, after Sunni Islam. Shi'a Muslims, though a minority in the Muslim world, constitute the majority in Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Azerbaijan and Bahrain.
Shias adhere to the teachings of Islamic prophet Muhammad, but unlike Sunnis, they follow the religious guidance of his family or his descendants known as Shi'a Imams, whom they consider the keepers and instructors of Qur'an and Sunnah. Unlike Sunnis, Shias believe Ali ibn Abi Talib (Muhammad's cousin and husband of Fatimah) was the true successor to Muhammad who was appointed by God and his prophet and thus reject the legitimacy of the first three caliphs of Islamic history.
Shia is also more than a school of Islamic thought. There are various Shia theologies, systems of jurisprudence, philosophies and mysticisms. Shia embodies a completely independent system of religious and political authority and religious interpretation. Thus it makes a minority in the Muslim history that has made a considerable contribution to Islamic civilization. Shia identity emerged in the first Islamic century, Shia theology and Fiqh were formulated in the second century and the first Shia governments and societies were established by the end of the third century. There are an estimated 130 to 190 million Shi'ites, 10-15% of the world's Muslims.

Sunni Islam is the largest denomination of Islam . Sunni Islam is also referred to as Sunnism or as Ahl as-Sunnah wa’l-Jamā‘h or Ahl as-Sunnah for short. The word Sunni comes from the word Sunnah , which means the words and actions [1] or example of the Islamic prophet Muhammad.
Historically, Sunni Islam has often been defined only in contrast with other denominations or schools of thought, such as Shia Islam, hanafiyah, Mu'tazila and others, considering itself to be the orthodox form of Islam . As such, a case is sometimes made that Sunnism is as old as Islam itself . or at least dates back to the first civil war in Islam from 656 to 661 AD. However, in terms of doctrine and theology, and in the sense of considering itself a separate denomination, Sunni Islam is younger than that, making it somewhat misleading to talk about Sunnites in a 7th century AD context.
Sunni Islam was under the authority of the Caliph from Muhammad's death in 632 AD until the abolition of the caliphate by Mustafa Kemal Atatürk in 1924. Since then, no central international authority exists; many countries have a Grand Mufti or other official who holds the highest religious authority in the country. However, during all of Islam's history, independent religious scholars - the ulama - have held great influence in religious matters. During the first centuries of Islam, when the Umayyad and Abbasid caliphs were the worldly rulers of the Muslim world as well as the highest religious authorities of Sunni Islam, this led to some power struggles between the caliphate and the ulama. As the worldly power of the caliphate declined from the 9th and 10th century onwards, and as the religious law became more codified and exhaustive due to the efforts of the ulama, the caliphate's religious influence decreased as well

** Gathered By Me and Added Some Stuff By Me **
Hope You All Learned now the differences between the Sunni and Shia'

But i want to tell you All .. that we are Muslims no matter what!! and nothing is going to ruin that .. rather we were Shia' or Sunni or so what ever
Wa Salam Alaykum

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:38 am
thanks fo da info nimfo 3nodding yo... rofl  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:34 am
tassan
thanks fo da info nimfo 3nodding yo... rofl

No Problem =) ... confused  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:23 pm
tassan
Zaaki

I am about 16 as a muslim

scream you are 13..???

Yes, but i am also 16 mrgreen  

Zaakii

Zaakii

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:31 pm
dark__sunshin

Shia Islam is the second largest denomination of Islam, after Sunni Islam. Shi'a Muslims, though a minority in the Muslim world, constitute the majority in Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Azerbaijan and Bahrain.
Shias adhere to the teachings of Islamic prophet Muhammad, but unlike Sunnis, they follow the religious guidance of his family or his descendants known as Shi'a Imams, whom they consider the keepers and instructors of Qur'an and Sunnah. Unlike Sunnis, Shias believe Ali ibn Abi Talib (Muhammad's cousin and husband of Fatimah) was the true successor to Muhammad who was appointed by God and his prophet and thus reject the legitimacy of the first three caliphs of Islamic history.
Shia is also more than a school of Islamic thought. There are various Shia theologies, systems of jurisprudence, philosophies and mysticisms. Shia embodies a completely independent system of religious and political authority and religious interpretation. Thus it makes a minority in the Muslim history that has made a considerable contribution to Islamic civilization. Shia identity emerged in the first Islamic century, Shia theology and Fiqh were formulated in the second century and the first Shia governments and societies were established by the end of the third century. There are an estimated 130 to 190 million Shi'ites, 10-15% of the world's Muslims.

Sunni Islam is the largest denomination of Islam . Sunni Islam is also referred to as Sunnism or as Ahl as-Sunnah wa’l-Jamā‘h or Ahl as-Sunnah for short. The word Sunni comes from the word Sunnah , which means the words and actions [1] or example of the Islamic prophet Muhammad.
Historically, Sunni Islam has often been defined only in contrast with other denominations or schools of thought, such as Shia Islam, hanafiyah, Mu'tazila and others, considering itself to be the orthodox form of Islam . As such, a case is sometimes made that Sunnism is as old as Islam itself . or at least dates back to the first civil war in Islam from 656 to 661 AD. However, in terms of doctrine and theology, and in the sense of considering itself a separate denomination, Sunni Islam is younger than that, making it somewhat misleading to talk about Sunnites in a 7th century AD context.
Sunni Islam was under the authority of the Caliph from Muhammad's death in 632 AD until the abolition of the caliphate by Mustafa Kemal Atatürk in 1924. Since then, no central international authority exists; many countries have a Grand Mufti or other official who holds the highest religious authority in the country. However, during all of Islam's history, independent religious scholars - the ulama - have held great influence in religious matters. During the first centuries of Islam, when the Umayyad and Abbasid caliphs were the worldly rulers of the Muslim world as well as the highest religious authorities of Sunni Islam, this led to some power struggles between the caliphate and the ulama. As the worldly power of the caliphate declined from the 9th and 10th century onwards, and as the religious law became more codified and exhaustive due to the efforts of the ulama, the caliphate's religious influence decreased as well

But i want to tell you All .. that we are Muslims no matter what!! and nothing is going to ruin that .. rather we were Shia' or Sunni or so what ever
Wa Salam Alaykum

LOL let's say i understanded 50% sweatdrop But thanks for the info! It was great you know all those names and words smile That is really awesome!

I add that post to the award list! Gratz biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:13 pm
Zaaki
XeroRyn
okay for the sake of muslim society..

1t question....how old r you Zaaki??

1st point..only Allah will r you muslim or not
even though you r muslim but you do a lot of sin or wrong doings you r still a muslim ami right?? but you called asi ( the sinful)

in islam we differenciate people by this term
Munafiq
Murtad
Kafir
Muslim
Asi
n so on
understand??

I am about 16 as a muslim, why does that matter?

I am a muslim, i proberly do some sins, but i'm still relegious.

Yes i know why there is shi'ar and sunni... But what is a ahmadhi muslim Ø_ø?

ok 1st of all Zaaki you said you were 13... and anyways you dont type like a 16 year old... i mean you can tell around what age a person is by the way they talk... (unless they're really stupid and type like a 2year old..heh or super smart and type very intelligently..) anyway so your asking what an ahmadi, muslim is right... ok so the basic difference is that we believe the promised messiah has come and gone and now currently his 5th successor is leading this religious organization.. (hence after the promised messiah there have been 5 successors). Also if you wanna know more you can go to alislam.org and heres a overview of Ahamdiyyat: http://alislam.org/introduction/index.html

oh and if you dont get anything please ask... b/c i dont want any misconceptions. biggrin so please check it out if you really wanna know. and im serious i like questions so ask away... 3nodding  

0_o___V

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:22 am
Zaaki
dark__sunshin

Wa Salam Alaykum

LOL let's say i understanded 50% sweatdrop But thanks for the info! It was great you know all those names and words smile That is really awesome!

wow!! thanx bro wink ..  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:12 am
Zaaki

stare  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Maha the Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:06 pm
Too build a bit on the history between Shia and Sunni:

First of let’s look at the history:

The event that began the split of sects is first mentioned in what is referred to as the Hadith of Ghadir Khumm. During a speech to those returning from the Hajj to Mecca, Muhammad (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم) turned to Ali (رضّى الله عنه), one of his disciples and stated the following:
Quote:
“For whoever I am his [mawla], ‘Ali is his [mawla].”

- the Prophet Muhammad (صلّى الله عليه وآله وسلّم)

The debate that split the Sunni and Shia is, amazingly, based off the one word ‘mawla’ (which can mean friend or master among other things).

And differences in practices:

Sunnis follow the Rashidun (rightly-guided caliphs), who were the first four caliphs who ruled after the death of Muhammad (Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman Ibn Affan, and Ali).

Shias discount the legitimacy of the first three caliphs and believe that Ali is the second-most divinely inspired man (after Muhammad) and that he and his descendants by Muhammad's daughter Fatimah, the Imamah (Shia imams) are the sole legitimate Islamic leaders.

Shia permit mutah (Mota’a) - fixed-term temporary marriage - which is not acceptable within the Sunni community. Sunnis do not allow it due to the Prophet's (صلّى الله عليه) ban of it, but according to Shia it was banned by Umar. There are many other differences including holidays and politics but I won’t get into it all here.

Source: My Islam FAQ  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:46 pm
tassan
Zaaki

stare

confused wutcha staring for?!  

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:03 pm
dark__sunshin
tassan
Zaaki

stare

well he had sad me the same at other place but he didn't put me on the award list stare  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:05 pm
dark__sunshin
tassan
Zaaki

stare

mm..he's jealous.. 3nodding  

_rainarai_

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:37 am
tassan
dark__sunshin
tassan
Zaaki

stare

well he had sad me the same at other place but he didn't put me on the award list stare

hehe!! really?? where is that list anyway?!  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff