Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply .::The Surreal Sanctuary::.
Roleplay Brainstorm Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Furyal

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:01 pm
Uhh... Sure?  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:32 pm
xD Do you know what I mean? If you have friends who like anime, you should invite them. 3nodding  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:54 am
Head count, who wants a Band rp?

I.e. several teens/kids/youth/random-age people want to become rockstars, and make it big. All the while having mishaps aplenty, and dealing with rising stardom, and stuff like that.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:23 am

I'm in!

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Furyal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:00 pm
That is a pretty cool idea, but I'm not a fan of those type of Roleplays. I am sure many other people would be interested in that, though.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:20 pm
Im just here looking for ideas for an RP. I want to start one, but just cant think of a good enough idea....I hate having RP'ers block.  

lagray

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:38 pm
To Eikre: I agree with Furyal; I prefer fantasy-adventure. But, once school's out, I want to join as many RPs in this guild as I can. ^_^ So, I suppose I will join! biggrin Sounds like fun, anyhow.

And to Mahou: Okay. I am sure you will think of a great idea for an RP soon! If you want, I can give you some ideas, and you can start your own RP using my ideas. What kind of RP do you want to start? A school-type? Sci-fi? Adventure/Survival? Fantasy? Medieval, or maybe magic? Or perhaps Horror? What genres do you like?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:01 pm
Furyal
This is a random idea I came up with... two minutes ago.

It's about a man whom has the ability to bring anime characters to life, and he put all of them on an island. It is a type of game-show, to see which character has the best strength, the best agility, and the best intelligence. People trying to win the intelligence section, are trapped on an island and must find a way to get out. In the strength arena, they are too in an island, but it is populated with villains from anime (For example: Hollows of Bleach), and the goal is to send all of the enemies and characters of the island. For agility, it is both of the two combined, but the enemies are weaker, the island is smaller, and there are traps everywhere. But is it just that? There are campsites on bridges, connecting the islands, so you can explore the other, or quit your old comitetion and go to the other. But what happens to the losers? Are they swiped to another game? And the victors, are they just sent back to there show? The characters, unsure of what is going on, may have developed a new personality.

Thats the basic of it in a nutshell. Pretty weird, I know. You play the anime characters in the game.
So...when are you going to start this RP?  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:52 pm

Hm, well I have [kind of] this sketchy idea. I really LOVE dragons, and I've really wanted to start a role play with dragons. I started on this, but I didn't know where to go with it, and so gave up.

So basically the role players are dragons. Some of these dragons have the power to DreamCast, a power passed down since the beginning of time. To DreamCast is to project dreams into another being's dreams while they sleep. You can make it a good dream, a nightmare, or even send them a message.

And that's about how far I got with it. O_O Yeah, so does anyone have any ideas that I can use to further this role play?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:17 pm

Also, I have these other two solid ideas. These role plays are actually in motion now in the Gaia Forums, but I'd be willing to make duplicates in the guild if anyone is interested.

The Bonded

The government isn't your friend. Everyone knows that. But in this medieval setting, people know little else about their government at all.

For the past half a century, government scientists have been performing experiments. Certain sections designated by army officials as 'Team New Gen.' have been disappearing into forests, mountains, deserts, even venturing underground and underwater. They always went for one thing and one thing only.

They called them 'Classifieds'. They were creatures that were parts of myths and legends, unreal to most of the world.

But they are only half of the experiment.

The government has also issued sanctions on how many children each family can keep. The third child, boy or girl, is taken by police officials - supposedly to die.

Alchemists from all over the country have been gathered at one building in particular. It is a great fortress, heavily guarded and the best kept secret in the world.

The 'Classifieds' and the stolen children were housed there, and were forced to live together. Each child was paired with a 'Classified'. Some babies died right away, prey to the violence of the 'Classified' they were paired with. Some babies died later, prey to experiments gone wrong. The fact remained that most of the experiments died fairly early on. And even the ones that survived suffered innumerable injustices - abuse, pain, insomnia, insanity. And they suffered from nightmares that kept them up for days, even weeks at a time.

But the ones that survived... were special.

The ones that survived the original pairings and the initial tests were 'molded'. Alchemists bonded child and 'Classified' together - mind and body. Now, each child has the keen ability to shift into the shape of their bonded, and the keener ability to confer with their bonded in private, telepathic speech. The 'Classifieds' were not so lucky. They simply got smaller - and shared the gift of telepathic speech. Their personalities melded - and though they might be different at first glance, personality similarities run deep within each pair. Their relationships are unmatched. Their love and adoration for each other is absolute.

The catch? Kill one, the other dies as well. Injure one -mind, body, or soul- and the other feels it as well, is incapacitated the same way as well.

They were called "The First Generation".

Now "The First Generation" is much older. Many have broken from their bonds and are in hiding in the forests outskirting the fortress. They must band together if they ever hope of freeing the rest of their fellows and stopping these experiments. Because no matter the extraordinary outcome, each pair has suffered incredible hardships to get there.

And now here's my other one, which has been pretty damn successful. biggrin

The Way of the SeeD

Who are the Elite? Who protects the world (for a decent sum of gil, of course.)? The answer is SeeD, a fighting force established by Sorceress Edea, and Headmaster Cid, her husband, with the financial help of a Shumi, NORG.
SeeD was originally formed to defeat the Sorceress Ultimecia, an evil sorceress from the future, intent on Time Compression. However, when Squall Leonhart and his friends, Rinoa Heartilly, Quistis Trepe, Zell Dincht, Irvine Kinneas, and Selphie Tilmitt, destroyed Sorceress Ultimecia, the immediate need for SeeD was gone. However, the people of the world still had a need for the protection of the Gardens, so the Gardens remained. Additionally, two other Gardens were established: Esthar Garden, and the White SeeD Garden.
After the Final Battle, the world went into a peace, albeit an uneasy one. The Galbadian Army withdrew for quite a while, but now, sixty years after the Demise of Sorceress Ultimecia, they have emerged once more, spilling blood of innocents and taking over cities. No one knows why they’re doing it, or who the Leader of the Galbadian Army is. All they know is that the SeeDs are needed once more, this time to defeat the seemingly invincible Galbadian Army.

So if anyone is interested, please let me know!

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:51 pm
Icarii Enchanter WolfStar

Hm, well I have [kind of] this sketchy idea. I really LOVE dragons, and I've really wanted to start a role play with dragons. I started on this, but I didn't know where to go with it, and so gave up.

So basically the role players are dragons. Some of these dragons have the power to DreamCast, a power passed down since the beginning of time. To DreamCast is to project dreams into another being's dreams while they sleep. You can make it a good dream, a nightmare, or even send them a message.

And that's about how far I got with it. O_O Yeah, so does anyone have any ideas that I can use to further this role play?
Hm...that sounds like an interesting roleplay. Some things to think about are: Where does it take place? On Earth? On an alternate Earth? In another dimension/another planet/another world? Or, is it heaven/hell? Is it in the future? The past? The present?

And, also, are there any villains? Or outcasts? What species/races are there besides dragons?

You can think about details of your roleplay, like background information.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:43 pm
Otulissa

Hm...that sounds like an interesting roleplay. Some things to think about are: Where does it take place? On Earth? On an alternate Earth? In another dimension/another planet/another world? Or, is it heaven/hell? Is it in the future? The past? The present?

And, also, are there any villains? Or outcasts? What species/races are there besides dragons?

You can think about details of your roleplay, like background information.

Yeah, that's what I needed help with. I was thinking it'd be sort of medieval or something; I don't like technology in role plays [much]. It's probably just another world or something, but not in a Dungeons & Dragons type of way. No elves, no orcs, no dwarves. Just humans, dragons, and the same Earth animals. There would of course be different dragons who used their DreamCasting for different things, or of course your stereotypical dragons who lay waste to villages. But dragons are intelligent; they can speak, read, communicate, feel emotions... I just don't know a storyline I can put with the role play.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:27 am
Hm...that sounds like a nice, new twist on a dragon RP! I like it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:36 pm

Actually, I finally came up with something. biggrin It's not that great [I think], but then again, I did pull it out of my--. Well, you know. ;D

User Image
DreamCasters

Dragons. Creatures of myth, beasts of terrible power. They raid villages, steal sheep, eat maidens. They breathe fire, using this weapon to wreak havoc upon unsuspecting humans for the mere pleasure of it. They hoard gold and kill those who dare to come near them.

Well, that’s what Earth’s dragons are like. In this realm of Aleah’Cim, dragons are so much more than that. They are intelligent beings who care for their mate and their hatchlings. They vary in color, ranging from blue, black, silver, gold, copper, bronze, white, red, green and white. All have scales, except for the rare gray dragons, which are born scaleless and remain so throughout life. To maintain a healthy, strong coat of scales, they must eat hard minerals, gems, metals, etc. Dragons only breathe fire, and are not creatures of magic, despite what many think. They are just as simply animal as a cat or a rhinoceros, with the ability to communicate in Drakine or thoughts and images. However, there is one particular ability dragons have…

They can DreamCast. They have the power to spin dreams out of their own imaginations and cast them on sleeping creatures. This causes the creature to have this dream. It can be a good dream, or even a nightmare. Dragons use this ability to hunt, terrorize, manipulate or paralyze. It all depends on the dragon.

But now dragons are being hunted. Humans are tired of being the victims of this strange power, and they grow bold. Alongside them, elves and dwarves aid their cause [no magic], lending their intelligence and strength to the inferior race of humans. Dragon hatchlings are stolen from mated pairs to be subjected to a life of servitude. These stolen dragons are used as steeds to deliver messages, war machines, or even labor. They are brainwashed into fighting against their own kind, smothered by human-ness to suppress their telepathic abilities and their DreamCasting abilities.

As a dragon, are you going to lie down and surrender without a fight? Is life as the most majestic, powerful being in existence worth nothing? Or will you fight with fang and fire to free your fellow dragons, and liberate your race with the destruction of the hominid races? It’s your choice. Choose wisely…

So, yeah... What does everyone think?

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:55 am