Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Spirit Guides/ Totems Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have any totems?
  Yesh
  No
  I don't know
  I don't belive in totems
View Results

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:21 am
Morgandria
Dianda Panda
I have no idea if I have one, or two. Or more.

The only animals I dream about is the dog of my parents and my two cats.

I feel close to a few animals. But that might be because they are just my favorite animals?

I don't know how to figure out what your totem is either.

Totems are typically based on family or clans, where they occur. One doesn't get to choose a 'totem'; you pretty much get what you get. Totems are the archetypal spirits of a particular living thing: they are the sum of all that is for those creatures. You can sometimes make acquaintance with totems and work with them, if they desire, but others will want nothing to do with you, and be very clear about that.

Spirit guides (or helpers, or allies) are typically individual spirits of one kind or another. They might be a once-living animal, a person, a particular tree you know, an extinct species - there's lots of possibilities here. I don't think everyone 'has' a spirit guide, really, any more than I think everyone has a patron deity, but it's possible to meet helpful spirits as you go, and make friends and allies.

It's a lot easier to meet a spirit guide than it is a totem. Spirit guides can usually be sought through simple Middle-world journeying, or through guided meditation, in a way that allows them to appear to you of their own free will. Totems may or may not answer any sort of appeal you put to them for their attention - they're much larger in scope than a single spirit, and frankly sort of view us as 'small'.

Hmmh, I know about that guided meditation to meet spirits.

I thought totems were somewhat the same. /facepalm.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:41 am
Something my Daddy did when I was a spout was he picked out a special stuffed animal for me as my first toy in hopes the Spirit of the Animal would watch over and guide me.

I have no idea where he got the idea to do that- I just know it happened and I still have that stuffed animal.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Cheetahs Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:31 am
the wolf and dogs i feel the closet connection to but for some reason, the bobcat has made a couple strange appearances in my life. an i feel quite drawn to it  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:31 am
Bump  

numeera

numeera

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:47 am
numeera
Bump

To fix my Bump:

I haven't found my spirit guide/animal yet, but I've absolutely loved horses since I was little, and that love hasn't diminished, even though I'm rarely around them. Could that be one of mine, or am I just deluding myself cause I like them?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:28 pm
numeera
To fix my Bump:

I haven't found my spirit guide/animal yet, but I've absolutely loved horses since I was little, and that love hasn't diminished, even though I'm rarely around them. Could that be one of mine, or am I just deluding myself cause I like them?
I'd say if you want to know for sure is to just meditate on it. Though I think spirit guides choose when they appear to you. I'd say don't rush it. Just keep yourself open but not too open that you get the ones that their intent is to just misguide you.

IMO, I think just because you have some connection to a certain animal doesn't automatically mean that's your animal spirit guide. I mean I love and feel connected to cats. Does that mean I automatically have a guide that's one? I'd actually be surprised if it did and then wonder why I've had no major interaction with feline deities.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games