Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Triltsch

2,650 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:07 pm
Faaiz noticed Zachriasz's look. His eyes then shifted to the bookshelves. "Ah… you said earlier that you had an interest in literature, didn't you? I've often found comfort in books… though reading isn't exactly one of my main hobbies, it can be very pleasant when I've got a good bit of free time." He turned to Lerina briefly to smile and say, "I'm fine for now, thank you. I agree with Zachariasz; you could use a little break, couldn't you?" Faaiz turned back to Zachariasz and continued. "My main interest is in faster-paced fiction, I think. And there's some poetry I like, as long as it's not too flowery. How about you two?" He fluttered the fan, looking sidelong from Zachariasz to Lerina.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:10 pm
"A break does sound nice." She smiled and sat across from Zach in the booth. She thought for a moment on Faaiz' question. "I think fantasy books are my favorite. Books about dragons and magic. Things like that. I've always loved those."  

Eisoji

Triltsch

2,650 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:03 pm
Faaiz nodded at Lerina's reply, smiling. "Looks like we've got that in common. Swords and sorcery… hard to write well, but wonderful when it is. When I was younger I couldn't bear much of anything else, but I suppose I've gotten used to other things… realistic fiction and such. Nonfiction has never been a favorite of mine." He made a face a bit like he'd eaten something that tasted off. "I like people to use their imaginations, so I can see how they think of things. Like, what kind of people seem heroic to that author? What are good people like, and what is the enemy?" Faaiz was gazing off a bit while he said this, holding the fan a bit in front of his face.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:13 pm
"Oh, nonfiction can be so boring. I have been able to find interesting titles from time to time, but they are rather rare. I'd rather read about a dragon over some president any day."  

Eisoji

GregorytheImpaler

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:02 pm
"True enough." Zach said, offering his two cents. "I personally prefer historical 'what-ifs'." he said. "It's an interesting look into other possibilities, I think. But I can't turn down a good read on fantasy. Delving into other worlds is always a good release from reality." Zach gave a half-smile, a look of content to what he had said, almost as if saying, 'You know?'.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:34 pm
Faaiz nodded subtly, agreeing. "True, it can be very fun to wonder about history. Legends, rumors, things like that… And then there's the fantasy realm, where we can take a break from uncertainty about reality. Books create a perfect world, I think. They let us be where we want to. Writing them can do the same thing. If you have an idea, you can make it real by recording it. I may not be very good at writing, for one, but I love doing it." Faaiz sighed and looked about the cafe. He closed his eyes and leaned his head back again for a few seconds, then straightened back up. "I'm incredibly spacey today… must be something in the air." He looked apologetically at the two next to him.  

Triltsch

2,650 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150

GregorytheImpaler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:31 am
"Oh no, it's quite alright." Zach replied, apparently understanding. "Today feels kind of... ethereal for some reason. Perhaps it's the day of a god, or a solstice." He knew it wasn't either solstice, but there were many days, both pagan and Abrahamic (sp.?) that could lead to it. Spiritual days, days of worship, days falling under certain stars for various pantheons. 'Great,' Zach thought to himself, 'Now I'M spacing out.'

"But yes..." Zach spoke while eating at his plate and drink. "Perhaps today is a day for discussion then? Fate seems to have willed it so."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:11 pm
Faaiz sighed, smiling. "Yes, that's what it feels like. That's the perfect way to put it…" he nodded. "I think my mind ran out of thoughts on books. It does that. Now I've got to think of something else to talk about." He tilted his face up for a while, pondering. "I've been having such bizarre dreams lately. That's the first thing that popped into my head, I'm not sure why. But it's true…" He let his head hang over to the side a bit, still looking upwards. His expression was slightly troubled. "I think they started about a week ago. For three nights I had particularly disturbing but memorable dreams… and I haven't remembered any from the past day or so." He finally straightened his neck back up, his eyes moving between Zach and Lerina. "Any odd dreams for either of you lately?"  

Triltsch

2,650 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150

GregorytheImpaler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:45 pm
"Strange dreams?" Zach thought, thinking about Faaiz's words. "Hmmm... I can't quite say really, but thinking about it, I believe I may have." He had finished his plate, and was enjoying his drink. "I don't remember any myself. I'm sure if I think back I could remember... what sort of dreams do you mean?"  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:05 pm
Faaiz fluttered his fan a bit, pondering. "Oh… all sorts of crazy things. Sinking ships. Torture chambers. Playing in an orchestra…" he laughed softly, shaking his head. "Completely unrelated, I'm sure. But even after things like the bizarre torture I was put through, I never really wanted to wake up from any of the dreams. I mean…" he froze for a second with a strange expression, perhaps of slight puzzlement. "I mean, when I did wake up… from all of the dreams… I wished I could have seen them to the end, whatever it may have been."  

Triltsch

2,650 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150

GregorytheImpaler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:21 pm
"I see..." He spoke softly. He glanced at Faaiz, for a moment, almost wondering if he was sane, but with the kind of life they lived, it was most likely that what seemed insanity was more real than reality.

"On second thought..." he spoke briefly. "No... but that's unrelated." He thought again for a moment, and continued. "I did have a dark dream, where I lay on the edge of a dark, murky, grim swamp. I was paralyzed, and two black figures carrying a single coffin emerged from the water, coming towards me. I woke before they reached me." He wondered what exactly Faaiz was thinking. Were these related, or just strange coincidence?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:22 pm
Faaiz's brow furrowed at Zach's tale. "Hm. Very curious. A swamp and a coffin… Reminds me of a book I'm reading. Though I'm really not sure if that's related to it at all." He chuckled for a moment, then returned to his serious face. "But really, that's quite unsettling. I've never had such a dream myself as far as I can remember, but I can definitely relate to that kind of fear and suspense… I think we all can, really." He smiled now, snapping his fan shut. Zach looked like he was thinking seriously about something… what, then?…  

Triltsch

2,650 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150

GregorytheImpaler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:54 am
"Yes, I agree. Perhaps we all can indeed. Otherwise, we probably wouldn't be where we are, or WHO we are today. Am I right?" He said, thoughtfully. "I'd like to think nothing of the dream itself, for I've had a few strange dreams, though none quite as... unsettling... as that one."  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:10 pm
Faaiz nodded slowly, zipping the fan open once more and fluttering it absentmindedly. "Indeed. I can't think of many of my own that were quite as much so. I suppose it would be most closely related to a chase-type… if you know what I mean. Pursuit. I like to categorize dreams…" He chuckled. "Ah, by the way. You said it reminded you of a book. Which would that be…?" Faaiz thought it rather reminded him of a certain book as well, but he wasn't sure it was the same one. Now he was very curious.  

Triltsch

2,650 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150

GregorytheImpaler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:18 pm
"I'm sorry, but I believe you were the one to mention the book. Though I wonder sometimes. Perhaps I should write out my stranger dreams into short stories." He gave a short laugh of near self contempt. "Perhaps we both could. Though I'm sure the genres would be a rainbow of themes!"  
Bloody Breaths *rpg forum*

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff