Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
HI, I'm new here. Poll; Favorite type of Magic Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite type of Magic;
  Elemental
  Animal spirit totems
  Animal familiars
  Sex magic
  Spirit chanelling
  Meditation/ Astral projection
  Divination
  Other, please add a post about it.
View Results

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:36 am
numeera
Bump

Please don't just bump old threads. If you have something to contribute, contribute. ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:43 am
Sanguina Cruenta
numeera
Bump

Please don't just bump old threads. If you have something to contribute, contribute. ^^

I don't personally, cause I have very little experience with any of this. But I hate seeing barren forums, so i was hoping to try and resurrect some I think would be nice to continue a discussion with.  

numeera

numeera

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:49 am
Though I have very little experience, as said above, my most used form of magic is divination. I've tried scrying once, and I know I got some kind of image, and I have a tarot deck of my own that I used pretty heavily at one point and greatly enjoyed.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:51 am
numeera
Sanguina Cruenta
numeera
Bump

I don't personally, cause I have very little experience with any of this. But I hate seeing barren forums, so i was hoping to try and resurrect some I think would be nice to continue a discussion with.

People are capable of reading through the guild to find old threads. Just posting "bump" isn't continuing the discussion, it's spamming. Please refrain from bumping outside the bump thread. If you'd like to necro an old thread, make sure your post has relevant content.

Thanks smile  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

numeera

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:54 am
Sanguina Cruenta
numeera
Sanguina Cruenta
numeera
Bump

People are capable of reading through the guild to find old threads. Just posting "bump" isn't continuing the discussion, it's spamming. Please refrain from bumping outside the bump thread. If you'd like to necro an old thread, make sure your post has relevant content.

Thanks smile

I'm fixing it, no worries. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:28 pm
I like to use runic magic. I use a bloodstone rune set the next set I'm going to get has been calling to me for a while but it's hard to find where I live is an onix rune set.  

Xion Skye

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:43 pm
Xion Skye
I like to use runic magic. I use a bloodstone rune set the next set I'm going to get has been calling to me for a while but it's hard to find where I live is an onix rune set.

Really? You don't often find Heathens who like gemstone runes. Wood is much more popular. Don't you find them difficult to blood?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:19 am
Sanguina Cruenta
Xion Skye

Really? You don't often find Heathens who like gemstone runes. Wood is much more popular. Don't you find them difficult to blood?

How do you blood a set of runes?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:30 am
Esiris

How do you blood a set of runes?

Very basically you need to intone the rune aloud fairly strongly, carve it into the tile, and then paint the rune with your blood. Wood is traditional, thanks to the origin of the runes as Odin and his brothers created them. It's very difficult to blood, or give life, to the runes if they are made of a material that doesn't absorb liquid and hold it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:34 am
Morgandria

Very basically you need to intone the rune aloud fairly strongly, carve it into the tile, and then paint the rune with your blood. Wood is traditional, thanks to the origin of the runes as Odin and his brothers created them. It's very difficult to blood, or give life, to the runes if they are made of a material that doesn't absorb liquid and hold it.

So the worry is that the blood will flake off?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:51 am
Esiris
Morgandria

So the worry is that the blood will flake off?

Pretty much. The runes won't take up the lifeforce properly, since it doesn't integrate into the material.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:56 am
Morgandria

Pretty much. The runes won't take up the lifeforce properly, since it doesn't integrate into the material.

Thanks Morgandria- that makes sense now.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Xion Skye

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:40 am
It's not really a huge problem with me I've been working with stones and metals for a while you pick up how to do somethings. (by working I mean crafting things like rings pendents and so on.)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:22 pm
Xion Skye
It's not really a huge problem with me I've been working with stones and metals for a while you pick up how to do somethings. (by working I mean crafting things like rings pendents and so on.)

So how would you blood them?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Lance Kibagari

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:37 pm
I'm currently in the process of studying the runes and their historical uses, myself, but I've little to no inclination to use them as a divinatory tool, so I may never own a 'set'. While I know rune casting is entirely possible and a valid practice, I almost feel that it would be a misuse of them on my part.
Then again, people used runes for some really silly and lewd things back in the day, so I cannot ultimately say what is and isn't an acceptable way of using them. =P  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games