Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Ban a mod! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:11 pm
chimp898
Hey F.F long time no see bro you'd make a good crew...

No.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:34 pm
Shigeru K
chimp898

No.

I second that  

PhoenixBlade983

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:31 pm
PhoenixBlade983
Shigeru K
chimp898

No.

I second that

lawl  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:19 pm
Infinity is at a stalemate right now, she stays.  

Jonnnn

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:40 pm
Jonnnn
Infinity is at a stalemate right now, she stays.

Actually, I counted the score to be 6 votes for keeping Infinity and 4 votes against.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:43 pm
Pachulo
I say we ban nitnit scream

We shall ban Jonnn as well, we take off the heads and the body crumbles by itself!  

Pachulo

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:04 pm
infinity -1  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:09 am
Chaotix Bluix
Frozen Fireballs
Chaotix Bluix
Oh come on, because Infinity manages the largely overlooked Chigiri League and doesn't post too often in the main forums doesn't mean she should be voted off. She actually does a good job and knows how to manage a sucessful RP, so I'm going to vote for her to stay as crew.
thats not the only f*****g reason I'm voting for her! I'm voting for her because Darkslasher and many others have far more posts her! I honestly think way more people should replace her. Again I vote her off. Has the tribe spoken? I hope you will agree with my manager dramallama

Don't think I'm only focusing on you when I made my post, because so far it's been rather a close race between for and against Infinity.
The trick is, if there are so many more people who could run the open text RP, why haven't they spoken up yet and proved they could do a good job?

It's in my honest opinion and knowledge that even though others may have posted more than Infinity, more of her posts are of quality than what we normally see. I keep to my vote and ask you to think upon what I have said. neutral
I have spoken up and now before saying she has more posts than me I came to this guild only a short time ago. If given a chance I will do some good for the guild! I actually quit the rp because of Infinity! So give me a better reason than she runs it well... because nitnit himself called it boring. Give me a chance to prove myself and I will! Again -1 for Infinity. Why wouldn't I make a good mod Shigeru and Phoinex? Tell me a good reason why and I'll but out.  

Chuuyya

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:12 am
Frozen Fireballs
Chaotix Bluix
Frozen Fireballs
Chaotix Bluix
Oh come on, because Infinity manages the largely overlooked Chigiri League and doesn't post too often in the main forums doesn't mean she should be voted off. She actually does a good job and knows how to manage a sucessful RP, so I'm going to vote for her to stay as crew.
thats not the only f*****g reason I'm voting for her! I'm voting for her because Darkslasher and many others have far more posts her! I honestly think way more people should replace her. Again I vote her off. Has the tribe spoken? I hope you will agree with my manager dramallama

Don't think I'm only focusing on you when I made my post, because so far it's been rather a close race between for and against Infinity.
The trick is, if there are so many more people who could run the open text RP, why haven't they spoken up yet and proved they could do a good job?

It's in my honest opinion and knowledge that even though others may have posted more than Infinity, more of her posts are of quality than what we normally see. I keep to my vote and ask you to think upon what I have said. neutral
I have spoken up and now before saying she has more posts than me I came to this guild only a short time ago. If given a chance I will do some good for the guild! I actually quit the rp because of Infinity! So give me a better reason than she runs it well... because nitnit himself called it boring. Give me a chance to prove myself and I will! Again -1 for Infinity. Why wouldn't I make a good mod Shigeru and Phoinex? Tell me a good reason why and I'll but out.

Trust me, I wasn't going to make any comparison of posts between you two or the amount of time either of you have been a member of The Promised Land. Like I said in my previous post, quality over quantity.

The problem with RPs and having someone give their opinion on any particular RP is there is hundreds of different kinds of RP or styles of roleplaying and much of them just don't fit with some people. For the sake of shortening a long-winded lecture, it boils down to two generic styles of play:

The break-down-the-door style is one filled with more action and tends to move a lot faster, however this style often gets repetitive and boring after a while unless something new is added into the mix. My guess is that this is the style of play which you would be more suited for.

Then there is the story/in-depth style of play that encourages character development and interaction more than having action all the time. While this may be at a much slower pace than some would like, it can allow a greater pleasure and versatility when the action does come. This is the style of play I see Infinity running in the Chigiri League.

Now mind you, the Chigiri League is not perfect, but it is still young and can be improved upon. If you have anything you wanted to add (Like being able to manage more than one character being on example), you can always bring it up in the "Questions, Comments, ect." thread. It was made so we could clarify problems or open possibilities to improve the way the Chigiri League runs.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:24 am
ok..now it just seems like your just attacking her to take her position...she isnt doing a bad job running the RP room..so there is no real reason to remove her..  

16bit-Plumber

Chuuyya

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:26 am
Chaotix Bluix
Frozen Fireballs
Chaotix Bluix
Frozen Fireballs
Chaotix Bluix

Trust me, I wasn't going to make any comparison of posts between you two or the amount of time either of you have been a member of The Promised Land. Like I said in my previous post, quality over quantity.

The problem with RPs and having someone give their opinion on any particular RP is there is hundreds of different kinds of RP or styles of roleplaying and much of them just don't fit with some people. For the sake of shortening a long-winded lecture, it boils down to two generic styles of play:

The break-down-the-door style is one filled with more action and tends to move a lot faster, however this style often gets repetitive and boring after a while unless something new is added into the mix. My guess is that this is the style of play which you would be more suited for.

Then there is the story/in-depth style of play that encourages character development and interaction more than having action all the time. While this may be at a much slower pace than some would like, it can allow a greater pleasure and versatility when the action does come. This is the style of play I see Infinity running in the Chigiri League.

Now mind you, the Chigiri League is not perfect, but it is still young and can be improved upon. If you have anything you wanted to add (Like being able to manage more than one character being on example), you can always bring it up in the "Questions, Comments, ect." thread. It was made so we could clarify problems or open possibilities to improve the way the Chigiri League runs.
I quit because Infinity was being hippocritical. I am fine with both styles and the contest from january is still going on... Not that I have a problem with it just Firey Blaze is probably bored as a stick... Also I see your point on why you think Infinity should stay but some people just need a very active leader that posts regularly... I only made the whole comparison thing clear because I thought somebody maybe not you would bring it up... I still want her gone personally... I like typing ... emo  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:40 am
Why did people vote me up? they know I'm immune to this game...if i got banned her i would just revive the guild that shall not be named  

16bit-Plumber

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:51 am
Frozen Fireballs
I quit because Infinity was being hippocritical. I am fine with both styles and the contest from january is still going on... Not that I have a problem with it just Firey Blaze is probably bored as a stick... Also I see your point on why you think Infinity should stay but some people just need a very active leader that posts regularly... I only made the whole comparison thing clear because I thought somebody maybe not you would bring it up... I still want her gone personally... I like typing ... emo

Hypocritical? It just may be your experience with Infinity, but I haven't noticed any instances of hypocracy from her. Would you care to elaborate?

The contest I admit has caught a snag, but thats more because a standard of points wasn't established just recently and the match-up between the ditto and vulpix isn't necessarily favorable to be quickly done. It doesn't help much that both of the current contestants aren't fairly active either.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:04 am
Chaotix Bluix
Frozen Fireballs

Hypocritical? It just may be your experience with Infinity, but I haven't noticed any instances of hypocracy from her. Would you care to elaborate?

The contest I admit has caught a snag, but thats more because a standard of points wasn't established just recently and the match-up between the ditto and vulpix isn't necessarily favorable to be quickly done. It doesn't help much that both of the current contestants aren't fairly active either.
I belive earlier on she did state we were allowed to make multiple profiles. @Plumber we voted you up for fun. Also I am trying to get her moved down and like I've said I just think I could do better... so stop being a dramallama  

Chuuyya

16bit-Plumber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:31 am
Frozen Fireballs
@Plumber we voted you up for fun. Also I am trying to get her moved down and like I've said I just think I could do better... so stop being a dramallama
.................Did you just call me a llama?
..thats it...
! Your dead to me  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas