Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply dead threads - do not post
AMAZING Male Fantasy Characters- Hall of Fame Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

beaulolais
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:48 am
Dunsinane Hill
Has anyone else read Tad Williams' Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn trilogy? You know, the ridiculously massive books that probably ate months of your life if you read them? Well, I thought they sort of sucked. I mean, two eight-hundred-page paperbacks followed by a 1,000+ (or was it closer to 2,000...) page hardcover. Too damn long.

However, I must add Prince Joshua Lackhand to this list. He's awesomely conflicted and deep, and was by far the only reason I made it anywhere in those books.

i thought they were captivating, with the dark elves, evil priest, nasty little things in the ground that attack you, and many cultures.

i thought the ending didnt wrap things up very tidily though  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:51 am
I have a new boy to add to MY list. ZACH FAIR!!! He's from FFVII: Crisis Core. blaugh  

Lhia Dunwaith

Underestimated_Angel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:17 pm
Dunsinane Hill
Underestimated_Angel
Lhia_Dunwaith

Um... Angel? WILLIAM TURNER!

He's too hunkalicious to take for myself! The whole world would get mad at me. xd

True dat. Thanks for sharing! I found this icon once, with a picture of him that said "Exceptionally pretty when wet". Very true.

I'm desperately trying to come up with other Will's. I know they exist, but they're stubbornly avoiding me right now. mad

Ooh, you too? I'm not alone! And, yes, Will is quite pretty when he's wet. *sigh*  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:12 am
Underestimated_Angel
Dunsinane Hill
Underestimated_Angel
Lhia_Dunwaith

He's too hunkalicious to take for myself! The whole world would get mad at me. xd

True dat. Thanks for sharing! I found this icon once, with a picture of him that said "Exceptionally pretty when wet". Very true.

I'm desperately trying to come up with other Will's. I know they exist, but they're stubbornly avoiding me right now. mad

Ooh, you too? I'm not alone! And, yes, Will is quite pretty when he's wet. *sigh*

Who NEEDS any more Wills, Angel?! There's ZACH FAIR!!!!!!!!!! blaugh (JK)  

Lhia Dunwaith

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:32 pm
Lhia_Dunwaith
Underestimated_Angel
Dunsinane Hill
Underestimated_Angel
Lhia_Dunwaith

Who NEEDS any more Wills, Angel?! There's ZACH FAIR!!!!!!!!!! blaugh (JK)

There's William "Bill" Compton from the Southern Vampire Series... *thinks hard* y'know, I can't think of any other Wills either! How strange! And I KNOW they're out there. The name will come to me when I'm about to fall asleep or something, I know it. dramallama  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:07 pm
I have never heard of THAT Will, Sita.

*Still thinking of an awesome Will...!*  

Lhia Dunwaith

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:34 pm
Lhia_Dunwaith

Will Smith?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:25 am
Sita Carew
Lhia_Dunwaith

Will Smith?

Well, the problem is, he's not fantasy.  

Lhia Dunwaith

Underestimated_Angel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:45 am
Lhia_Dunwaith

Haha, I just remembered. WILLIAM MOSELEY!!! The hottest guy in the WORLD! You were probably forgeting-and-trying-to-remember about him. You've heard his name enough from Allie and I over the last week.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:45 pm
Underestimated_Angel
Lhia_Dunwaith

Haha, I just remembered. WILLIAM MOSELEY!!! The hottest guy in the WORLD! You were probably forgeting-and-trying-to-remember about him. You've heard his name enough from Allie and I over the last week.

Usually I counter it with "BEN BARNES!!!" or (more likely) "ZACH FAIR!!!!!!!!" But I can't say the latter around Allie. wink  

Lhia Dunwaith

Underestimated_Angel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:56 am
Lhia_Dunwaith
Underestimated_Angel
Lhia_Dunwaith

Usually I counter it with "BEN BARNES!!!" or (more likely) "ZACH FAIR!!!!!!!!" But I can't say the latter around Allie. wink

Ben Barnes is creepy and uglay! William Moseley=PERFECTION!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:28 pm
Underestimated_Angel
Lhia_Dunwaith
Underestimated_Angel
Lhia_Dunwaith

How DARE you, wench!!! xd As long as you admit within 24 hours that someone on my "boyfriend list" is hot, I won't virtually slap you. (JK)  

Lhia Dunwaith

Dunsinane Hill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:04 pm
beaulolais
Dunsinane Hill
Has anyone else read Tad Williams' Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn trilogy? You know, the ridiculously massive books that probably ate months of your life if you read them? Well, I thought they sort of sucked. I mean, two eight-hundred-page paperbacks followed by a 1,000+ (or was it closer to 2,000...) page hardcover. Too damn long.

However, I must add Prince Joshua Lackhand to this list. He's awesomely conflicted and deep, and was by far the only reason I made it anywhere in those books.

i thought they were captivating, with the dark elves, evil priest, nasty little things in the ground that attack you, and many cultures.

i thought the ending didnt wrap things up very tidily though

I was really fascinated with all the cultural details at first; I found them to be very imaginative and well thought out. However, it felt a little like watching people trudge across a very large fictional landscape in real time. I applaud the dark elves because they kick butt, but Simon annoyed the crap out of me for some reason. After a while I just lost interest. I skipped many bits in the caverns below Green Angel Tower, but freaked out when...

Spoiler (highlight to read)

I thought Joshua died, because he was my favorite character by far. But then he wasn't dead, so it was okay...

End spoiler...

But yeah.

On another note, I'm adding Ged/Sparrowhawk from the Earthsea Cycle to this list. I love him!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:58 pm
This is easy for me; in another of my guilds there was a topic about fave characters ever, and all of mine happen to be male. Only the first makes me fangirly, though. heart

Remus Lupin from Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling
Artemis Fowl from Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
Winntrow from Liveship Traders by Robin Hobb
Peregrine from The Adept by Kurtz and Harris
Asriel from His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman

Minerva the Bookwyrm

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:07 pm
Underestimated_Angel
Lhia_Dunwaith
Underestimated_Angel
Lhia_Dunwaith

BLASPHEMY!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Although I guess Will M is pretty cute too
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
dead threads - do not post

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff