Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Homosexuals and Islam Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are gays ok?
  yes
  NEVER! THEY ARE EVIL!!
  i don't know
View Results

Prof Albus PWB Dumbledore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:54 pm
The Dead Terrorist Achmed
let's have a fresh re-start away from the evolution debate.

what do you think of the ghettos of homosexuals? do you think there is some sort of immorality happening in their place?
ghettos of homosexuals? You mean like the neighborhoods in San Francisco and other places that are full of gays and lesbians that live there so they won't be assaulted and can live in peace?

...that doesn't sound immoral, sounds more like trying to live a decent life.
User Image

well that's where sodomy is very prevalent. which makes it very very immoral for Muslims.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:05 pm

what do you think of the ghettos of homosexuals? do you think there is some sort of immorality happening in their place?
ghettos of homosexuals? You mean like the neighborhoods in San Francisco and other places that are full of gays and lesbians that live there so they won't be assaulted and can live in peace?

User Image

well that's where sodomy is very prevalent. which makes it very very immoral for Muslims.

-_- why did you even bother asking the question when you already have your own answer...and it's not like lesbians can exactly sodomize, and they live in homosexual neighborhoods too....so would you be ok if youwalked in a predominately lesbian neighborhood then?
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:29 pm

User Image

-_- why did you even bother asking the question when you already have your own answer...and it's not like lesbians can exactly sodomize, and they live in homosexual neighborhoods too....so would you be ok if youwalked in a predominately lesbian neighborhood then?
User Image

because i want to know the answer of others.

lesbians commit premarital sex which is also not allowed. so it won't be ok.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:11 pm

User Image

User Image

So if the states allowed civil marriage and they got married like other people do with the state, then would you not have a problem with them?
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:09 am

User Image

User Image

So if the states allowed civil marriage and they got married like other people do with the state, then would you not have a problem with them?
User Image

i still will, i guess.

it's ISLAM that i'll follow on that case.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:23 pm
Muslims do not except gay/lesbian/bisexual people because Allah put man and woman, not man and man or woman and woman,I'm not saying Allah does not love them, he just doesn't care for them because they are not following the order of life.They are on this earth because they chose that path and Allah gave us our own minds to choose what we want to do so that's what we are doing.I don't like homosexuals but at the same time I don't care because it is none of my business.Well thats just my opinion i guess soo, xp  

Shichoro

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:33 am
Oh wow.
I read most of the first page, but I am not reading all six pages right now. rofl

I'm not really religious, as some of you know, but I will toss my two cents in the bucket.

Jesus said, "Love thy neighbor."
Surely Muhammed said something similar.

And "love thy neighbor" simply means to love thy neighbor.
Be they black, white, purple, Christian, Muslim, Jewish, gay, straight, bisexual, theives or murderers.

I don't know if there's anything about it in the Muslim faith.
But I do know that Jesus wanted us to be accepting and understanding of others, and that He taught us that hate is wrong.

And I'll stand by that.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:11 am
BeXlieXve
Oh wow.
I read most of the first page, but I am not reading all six pages right now. rofl

I'm not really religious, as some of you know, but I will toss my two cents in the bucket.

Be they black, white, purple, Christian, Muslim, Jewish, gay, straight, bisexual, theives or murderers.

But I do know that Jesus wanted us to be accepting and understanding of others, and that He taught us that hate is wrong.

And I'll stand by that.

did he state himself of bisexual or gay?  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Pheonixia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:53 am

This topic always makes me cry, Ratri!

crying

I have been praying to Allah for such a long time to make my feelings for men to go away. I pray more than my mother or father....they would be devastated if they knew. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if there was an honor-killing in the mix.

Why can't I change? I've fasted and prayed to Allah intensely. I can't help it...when my friends talk about the girls that they like, I feel like I am all alone.
Does Alllah hate me for being gay?
I know what it says in the Qu'ran. It kills me every time I read it now...
why can't I be a good Muslim and be homosexual??? crying crying crying

Allah answers prayers. If you pray and do not act on your desires/impulses then Allah will surely answer your prayer. But, you must remember Allah doesn't answer prayers in a one-shot manner. You have to pray a lot, and eventually He will answer. Also, you have to actually feel that you want to change.

I am not a religious authority or scholar. I am just posting what I have learned (as of yet). I am still in the process of reading the commentary of the Holy Qur'an so I may be ignorant of some facts. I apologize if I miss some important fact.

After saying that.....what I have learned from this guild is that you are one of the smarter Muslims. I was surprised when i found out you were gay. I am not going to try to be too opinionated about that topic.

I suggest and highly recommend that concerning this topic you and your family should do the Isthighfar prayer. That will definetly help.

-posted by the Ahmadhi Muslim-  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:55 am
BeXlieXve
Oh wow.

And I'll stand by that.

On the contrary I remember that it was Paul who said that Jesus said that, and that Jesus scolded rulers of the world for greed and what not. Also as to how the Bible was written some 100 years after Jesus Disappeared, Not sure if it was 100 or some, All I know is it was a while.

Please don't take offense to this, It's just some things I've read or seen elsewhere.  

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:05 pm
tassan
BeXlieXve
Oh wow.

And I'll stand by that.

did he state himself of bisexual or gay?
No.
stare

The concern of the ethics of homosexuality was secondary to Jesus's message to spread the concept of "loving thy neighbor"

Jesus was also more concerned about internal forces than external forces, which is why Christains are permitted to eat pork and drink alcohol. The Jewish leaders had put SUCH an emphasis on unclean and clean that they weren't really practicing the faith anymore. They were following tradition instead of worshiping God.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:14 pm
Haydar the Truthful
BeXlieXve
Oh wow.

And I'll stand by that.

On the contrary I remember that it was Paul who said that Jesus said that, and that Jesus scolded rulers of the world for greed and what not. Also as to how the Bible was written some 100 years after Jesus Disappeared, Not sure if it was 100 or some, All I know is it was a while.

Please don't take offense to this, It's just some things I've read or seen elsewhere.
ÉN verekszik részére Isten , országom és családom

So what if it were written later? Why is that such a big deal?
The Hebrew scriptures were collected and written down hundreds of years after the events that were recorded, yet Muhammad didn't deny its validity. And neither do Christians.
And if Paul said that Jesus said :love thy neighbor: than why is it contrary?

I don't understand the point your'e trying to make.

...kit ugye verekszik részére?

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:21 pm
Ratri_Cat
Haydar the Truthful
BeXlieXve
Oh wow.

And I'll stand by that.

The Hebrew scriptures were collected and written down hundreds of years after the events that were recorded, yet Muhammad didn't deny its validity. And neither do Christians.

Because how are you so sure that Paul was correct when he "Heard" Jesus(AS) saying he was the Son of God. I'm trying to say the Bible was written by people who didn't really even know Jesus (AS), Yet The Qur'an was made by the Caliphs who knew the Prophet(SAW) for what it's worth.

Well yeah, the Hebrew scriptures are agreed by Muslims and what not, but they also say that those same Jews corrupted it over time, as you already know I hope.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:35 pm
Haydar the Truthful
Ratri_Cat
Haydar the Truthful
BeXlieXve
Oh wow.

And I'll stand by that.

Because how are you so sure that Paul was correct when he "Heard" Jesus(AS) saying he was the Son of God. I'm trying to say the Bible was written by people who didn't really even know Jesus (AS), Yet The Qur'an was made by the Caliphs who knew the Prophet(SAW) for what it's worth.

Well yeah, the Hebrew scriptures are agreed by Muslims and what not, but they also say that those same Jews corrupted it over time, as you already know I hope.

They weren't COLLECTED for awhile. The writings were said to appear within a space of 50 odd years, starting off as letters from his followers to certain groups of people. Most of the people who had written these letters were alive during the time that Jesus walked the earth.
The New Testament and its Origins

Yes, Muhammad said that the Jews corrupted the scriptures, BUT he still took the concepts of the Hebrew scriptures that were again, written much later than when the event occurred.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:45 pm
Ratri_Cat
Haydar the Truthful
Ratri_Cat
Haydar the Truthful
BeXlieXve
Oh wow.

And I'll stand by that.

They weren't COLLECTED for awhile. The writings were said to appear within a space of 50 odd years, starting off as letters from his followers to certain groups of people. Most of the people who had written these letters were alive during the time that Jesus walked the earth.
The New Testament and its Origins

Yes, Muhammad said that the Jews corrupted the scriptures, BUT he still took the concepts of the Hebrew scriptures that were again, written much later than when the event occurred.

Ah I see, But by concepts of the Hebrew Scriptures it's the common things such as the 10 commandments and the like. But by the fact that the Bible has more than one book that has different versions just screams "Forged by Humans" to me, But that's just to my belief.  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff