Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply -•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-
Welcome to the CIC Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:50 am
Strider was forced to ignore the little joke and awkward moment. It was obviously something they could not speak of, but it confirmed his suspicions: He was in a celestial realm. Still, it was his place to question. He could imagine it must have been a hard separation between the two. That was all he could think of.

Except his curious mind was enraptured by the chance to closely examine the wings. Even looking between the wings, he couldn't find a single difference. Perfect symmetry, of course. His little eyes crossed back and forth between the differences in skin on the back and wings. He wanted to reach out and touch them, but resisted the urge. Mostly because he did not have fingers at the moment. He examined the movement and flow of muscle as it moved, and wanted desperately to see the wings in flight. What a sight that would be.

He took several steps forward listening intently to the bit of information offered. These were things he had actually been unconsciously inferring about the beings. He would not be surprised if he could pick up the both of them in his human form. He put a paw on the outstretched arm and ran the sensitive pad across the skin. Unnaturally smooth and bright, but 'human' skin nonetheless.

"I'll keep that in mind." he grinned and stepped back. He looked up at the pair. "Thanks for that, I think I'll be able to focus now. I'm ready."

He frowned slightly in thought when he thought of clothes. Exactly how the heck was he supposed to be able to tell what clothes would fit him? His perception was now completely warped. Oh right.

"How tall are you guys?"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:07 pm

Aväris arched a brow. There was something oddly creepy about a kitten grinning... The expression was too human for a cat. It stretched the kitten's face in a way he had never thought possible.

Standing, Maar stretched his arms and wings before relaxing again. He glanced at Aväris. Aväris pulled his arm away again, rubbing the hairless apendage where the kitten had touched it. The pads of its feet were slightly rough, and it felt a little strange.

"We don't really keep track here," Maar replied. "But our average height is taller than humans' average height. Which means we're probably taller than you."

Aväris nodded in agreement. Gently tugging on a clump of Strider's fur, Aväris added, "And we're less hairy. The only hair we grow is on our head. It helps with the whole 'streamlining' thing we got going on." His mouth stretched into a grin. "But enough about that. Who do you want to fly with: Me or Maar?"

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:14 pm
Well, yeah great, it was all fine and dandy that they were taller than him- but he still didn't have a standard to compare himself to. How was he supposed to choose any clothes? He guessed he would cross that bridge when they came to it. Emergency clothes first, then it was straight to any source of information, something to aid his awareness of the world.

He turned his head where the fur was lightly pulled at reflexively. Not that he did not trust them... for the most part. Still caught him by surprise. He looked back and forth between the two at the question.

Flying? As in: To be carried through the air by a force or agency, in this case wings? His eyes lit up in sudden excitement. Flying high in the air, holding on for dear life as the wind threatened to knock you away, able to touch the clouds, just as he had always dreamed of... though in slightly different circumstances.

"You fly faster, don't you?" he asked Avaris in an instinctual urge. He was literally bouncing on the chair, hardly containing his excitement. "Can I go on your back to pretend you're a dragon? And have you wear some kinda collar or leather for me to hold onto? Oh, and can we go really really high? But no flips, I don't think I could hold on, and maybe even a lifeline..."

He actually started pacing back and forth, trying to plan this all out perfectly. He let his child-like glee run rampart for the first time as the true prospect of flying was staring at him right int he face.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:03 pm

Both flihvas watched silently as the kitten’s eyes widened. Strider was obviously getting excited about something.

“I refuse to wear a collar,” Aväris asked flatly. Maar giggled at the thought, knowing it was time for revenge.

“Why not, Aväris?” Maar asked innocently. “You do it for me all the time.” He let out a yelp as he ducked under Aväris’s punch, though still smiling widely. Aväris, for once, was the one blushing furiously.

Giving Maar one last glare, Aväris turned back to Strider, frowning as the blush faded.

“Just so you know, I do not wear collars for this idiot,” Aväris said snippily, glaring hotly at Maar. Maar snickered, rolling his eyes in a ‘Sure-you-don’t’ kind of way. At another glare from his lover, Maar stifled his laughter.

“But anyway,” Maar said, eyes twinkling merrily. “I fly faster, actually. Aväris here really doesn’t do anything better than I do, other than magic and—“

“Things in the bed,” Aväris interrupted smoothly. Maar, completely mortified, shoved Aväris away with a foot to his chest. Laughing openly, Aväris stumbled away, tears of laughter forming in his golden eyes. Maar huffed angrily, but was unable to keep the smile from his own face. Aväris just never gave up.

“Back to the subject at hand,” Aväris chuckled, wiping away the moisture from his eyes. “If you want speed, go with Maar. But I really don’t recommend riding our backs. Our wings need room to maneuver and you’d probably get squished. But we will go high,” he promised, smiling at the over-eager kitten hopping up and down on the chaise longue.

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:35 pm
Strider's excitement did not slow or diminish to say the least, not during the bit of teasing war. He was even able to find some familiar amusement in the whole display. He was quickly learning this was normal behavior for them. Granted his slight disconcerting of the situation did not evaporate, but he was slowly learning to deal with it. That, and Avaris cutting into Maar's comment was actually a bit funny. It painfully reminded him of another boy, one with a similar sense of humor, so of course it made him giggle. And was it just him, or was even their laughter completely smooth and merry and perfect? His felt oddly forced in this awkward form. He let his excitement override any feelings of grievance or jealousy or insecurity.

Ignoring thoughts of bondage or any other nighttime activities, he stepped forward and bobbed his head eagerly.

"That's alright, that's fine." he said. His excitement changed slightly to uncertainty. "But before we go... do you think there's any possibility you could lengthen my vocal cords? Just a teeny bit? My squeak hurts even my ears."

And his ego, but it was important not to sound over bearing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:21 am

Aväris nodded at the overeager Strider. It was nice to see that the kitten was able to ignore their jokes and comments; he was adjusting well and quickly. Maybe, just maybe, he could enter Strider's mind and see what Strider used to look like... That would give Aväris a good chance of returning Strider back to his original state... Oh, but no, he didn't know what the insides of a Hylian looked like. He couldn't possibly turn the cat's organs back into human/Hylian organs.

"Well," Aväris frowned. "I'll try. This might hurt a bit; after all, I am lengthening your vocal chords."

Scratching his chin a bit, Aväris reached out and pressed lightly against Strider's throat. Maar sighed, bored already, and flopped back onto the couch. Ugh, he was so tired already. Arguing with Aväris took its toll on him; and it was barely past noon! He just wanted to flop onto Aväris's bed and sleep.

Fully concentrated, Aväris gently located the larynx, feeling it with his fingertips. He mentally imagined the delicate strings and parts that composed it, the fragile little box that controlled Strider’s voice. Then he envisioned it growing, lengthening it just the teensiest bit; he couldn’t make it too big for the kitten’s throat, lest Strider suffocate. Hand shooting up to draw a glowing rune, he made a quick sign and let it fade away.

Leaning back, Aväris sighed. That was the best he could do for a kitten; if Strider wanted a deeper voice, he’d have to be changed into something else.

“Well?” Aväris questioned. “It’s the best I can do for your form; would Hylians have any different body parts or organs from regular humans?”

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:32 am
It hurt more than Strider anticipated. Truth of the matter was, his throat was still painfully burning, from the near drown in the bath tub. Giving his voice box more complexity to speak had been agitating, but so long as he kept his throat open, it was fine. This however was different in the sense that it was unfortunately focusing entirely on something that effected his esophagus. Had he been human, the amplified pain might have been enough to drive him to tears, but his kept a straight face. When the act was done, he coughed, convulsing his entire body for a few moments.

"Ow, that hurt." he muttered.

He could here already the change in his voice, and was pleased. He sounded like a little boy (or girl) and certainly a relief from the sickening squeaking from before.

"It's perfect!" he honestly complimented.

He darted forward to the edge to show he was ready to go. Well, Avaris was closer- not on the bed- so he decided to just go with him. Flying, flying, he was actually flying! He did not even need to mentally draw up an internal diagram of the dissected human anatomy compared to Zora, Goron, and Human like usual, the knowledge seemed easier to come by, for some reason.

"Only their pointed ears and three hearts, now let's move." he said a bit impatiently.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:54 am

Both flihva arching their brows, they doubtfully nodded at the kitten. His voice was barely higher, but at least it wasn't the painful squeak it had been before. Maar stood, heading toward the door and holding it open. Aväris scooped Strider up and headed out, strolling down the hallway. Maar trailed after them, silently wondering at the anatomy of Hylians. Three hearts? Well, that was strange. Flihvas had only one, as did humans. Dragons were known to have two hearts, so why would a tiny little Hylian need three? Strange.

"That's a little strange," Aväris echoed aloud, speaking to the kitten pressed to his chest. "What could Hylians possibly use three hearts for?"

Heading down the hall, they came upon a large window that overlooked the city down below. The white marble gleamed in the sunlight, blinding most with strong eyes. But though flihva have strong eyes, their retinas were very resistant to bright light. So the white marble was really not much of a problem for them, though for lesser species it would be painful to see, which was actually quite ideal.

The flihvas gracefully fluttered onto the ledge, looking down. Aväris pointed out the library to Strider, a prominent, tall building standing alone in a square. Many colorful, winged flihvas milled about, chatting or reading.

"You ready?" Aväris asked suddenly. "It's going to be very windy, and it just might be a little dizzying for you."

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:34 pm
Strider had to close off his view and shield his face with one little paw. The white stone was brilliant enough to pain his vision. It made his eyes water. Of course, his dream was bound to have one realistic flaw. He would not be able to look down at the scenery. Blast.

He twitched when he heard the rustling of wings and movement of the muscles he was currently pressed against. He tried to keep his eyes squinted open, and happened to notice the prominent building Avaris pointed to. He focused on the many beautiful colors of pure and perfect hair and skin and glistening wings of the flihvas milling about the building. So near yet so far. He squinted his watering eyes, rubbing away at the droplets of moisture coming onto the fur around his face. He could barely manage to keep a sliver of each opened, even then it hurt.

"Yeah, I'm ready, let's go." he urged.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:48 pm
Having a city of white was actually quite impractical. It was hard to keep your eyes on it. Miren kept her brown eyes on her black sandals as she moved forward, while trying to comb down her wild black hair. Her mind was still in a whirl during her nervous actions. Her back was hurting, but at the same time it was not a powerful pain. More like a phantom pain that let you know you were supposed to be hurting, even if you were not.

What she was trying to figure out, was if this castle town she was trying to head toward was actually Hyrule Castle. It had to be, naturally, but she never heard that it was pure white before. Maybe she would ask Strider, if sh ever came across him again. Right now, she needed water and food. She was so tired. She hoped the bright light would be less harsh the closer she came. She wondered how all those birds flying above the buildings could stand it.

((Well, since bloodimoonlight seems to not be making an appearance again, care to do the honors? A different character. Even one that would banish her to the human realm or something.))

SpunkyOtaku

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:47 pm

||Okay, just to make this clear, Maar and Aväris are not horny. biggrin Just thought you should know.||

Maar needed no further invitation; he let himself fall out of the window, wings tucked to his back as he dropped toward the ground. After falling several stories [they were somewhere near the top of the twenty-story building], he snapped out his wings and glided gracefully away from the building. His white and silver feathers sparkled in the sunlight, putting the white marble to shame, and his hair shone bright gold under the sunlight. Aväris watched, slightly hypnotized, as the flihva spiraled around a thin spire jutting out from atop a low building. Maar, expression easily read as pure ecstasy, spiraled higher and higher into the air, bypassing all the towers and flying into the free air. He tilted his wings, finding a thermal to hover on, and glanced down at his lover and Strider. Smirking because he knew full well the effect he had on Aväris, he motioned to him somewhat seductively.

Taking a deep, shuddering breath, Aväris spread his wings and launched himself out into the air. He clutched Strider tightly to his chest, though not enough to crush the tiny creature, and flew up to meet Maar. Usually he would have mimicked Maar's actions, but did not think he should freefall with Strider in hand.

With each powerful stoke of his glittering white and gold wings, Aväris neared Maar, who awaited them both. He slowed a bit as he neared Maar, and hovered near him. He and Maar shared a look and then looked down at the kitten.

The view below was simply fantastic. The city spread out for several miles before coming to an abrupt end. Taking over the rest of their floating island was miles upon miles of grassy plains, dotted with small, pure blue lakes and ponds. And then, dozens of miles away from the city, was just... nothing but air and clouds. That was where the realm of Aleah'Cim ended and the human realm began.

||Wait, you want Miren to go away?||

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:54 am
((Uh-huh, you keep telling me that, I just might believe you someday. xP No, I just don't want them to meet up. I was just saying I can handle putting her against a semi-cruel character.))

Strider watched in awe through the cracks of his eyes at Maar's antics. Granted he thought for sure he would have a heart attack when he first saw him free falling, but lack of panic on Avaris's part, and the reminder that he was an expert flier, he managed to control his developed human instincts of fellow preservation. Still, not something he wanted to go through again.

He wondered for one heart-beating moment if Avaris would do the same as Maar. He tried to brace himself, hide his fear and try to make the most out of... Nope, just normal flight. Darn, and he had gotten himself hyped for it. Well, normal take off was exhilarating too. The gravitational pull with each beat of the wings was sickening, terrifying, and fantastic all at once. His instincts forced his tiny claws out for grip on Avaris's hand, even though he could not even dig deep thanks to the way his legs were pinned to his body. Though as they rose higher and higher, Strider slowly managed to blink open his eyes, at least to gaze at the surrounding clouds and sky and grasslands. As the black slit of a pupil shrank to a smaller dot, it was somewhat manageable.

He gasped, and his blue eyes gazed in wonder at the monumental sight. So many pictures in the books, none of them even compared to a true bird's eye view. Trees, lakes, ponds, grass, event he buildings and people themselves took on a completely different perspective for him. The cold rushing air knocked the wind out of him, but he felt happier and freer than he could ever remember. He knew he could not have been dreaming, yet the entire scenario just seemed to good to be true. His eyes darted about the clouds and flihva as a joyful and completely human laugh escaped his tiny frame.

"WAHOO!!" he cried out to the heavens. "Thanks you!" he called out to the Goddesses he knew would be listening. He felt for sure they sent him here, as a whim of gratitude. "Higher!" he called out over the roar of the wind. "I wanna touch the clouds!"  

SpunkyOtaku

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:58 pm

||Ouch… >_o As for Miren, I’mma hafta think of what to do with her, so gimme a few more posts, hmkay?||

Maar chuckled at the excitement of the kitten. His blue eyes were wide in wonderment, and a high-pitched laugh escaped his tiny mouth. It was unusual to bring an animal into the air, because most animals had the mind of an animal and a natural fear of falling. But this was a nice change.

Aväris smiled and clutched the kitten closer to his abdomen as Strider yelled in delight. He felt a brief moment of pity for him; he would never have his own wings and would never be able to experience the joy of stretching one’s wings or the sheer power of flight. But the pity was washed away by the rush of being in the air and flying like he was made to.

Gliding upwards, Aväris briefly toyed with the thought of tossing the kitten back and forth between himself and Maar but decided against it. It would probably frighten Strider out of his feline wits and Aväris was not that cruel. Pushing this thought aside, he flapped his wings, wind streaming through his hair and feathers. Approaching the clouds, Aväris banked to the side, not going through the cloud. He had just dried the kitten and he was not up to getting doused by cold mist. Instead, he passed near one, close enough for Strider to stick his tiny paw out and touch it if he so chose.

Maar ignored his lover and his pet and remained in the sun, lazily performing several acrobatic tricks. He drifted through the air, red eyes shut in bliss and serenity. He looped once, twice and then continued a slow, circular course. It was nice to have the sun at his back as he glided through the cool air.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:30 pm
His teeny tiny heart felt as though it would burst through his ribcage. In the back of his mind, he noted that it was strange to feel one strong heartbeat instead of three weaker ones, but he was too overwhelmed to concentrate on that. There was such a powerful high from the entire experience. It was almost hard to breath with the power of the gust, and his eyes watered-to protect them from dryness, of course. His ears whistled with wind, given that there was no conversation.

His wonder and joy shone through when the hand holding him stretched out to a collection of white. He pulled out a furry limb and stretched out as far as his trapped body would go. It was an experience unlike anything he had felt. It was water, for sure, but in microscopic amounts, all held together by an invisible force. So this must have been what mist or fog felt like. He wondered how it would feel on normal human hands, but he did not really care at the moment.

His eyes watered more, the moisture was almost spilling over. He stretched his neck out this time, trying to catch the moisture on his tiny rough tongue. How many people could boast that they had tasted a cloud? Cold, and pure, unhindered by minerals. Tasteless nearly. It of course misted his fur on his face, but it refreshed him. The moisture that had collected in his eyes spilled over as he slowly closed them to revel in the taste and sensation, wanting to burn this into his mind forever more.

SpunkyOtaku

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:01 pm
Oh hey, what if you put Miren with the frea family you're going to use in the story? Like establish character and all. Just a suggestion.  
-•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff