Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
WHERE IS THE FUTURE OF ISLAM?????!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What are you guys gonna do?
  umm...idk
  I have a suggestion! {me: then post your idea!!!!}
View Results

Absurd Thought

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:12 pm
Britomartis-the-Valiant
The Dead Terrorist Achmed
How did people get from talking about the future of Islam to trying to prove that God exists to an atheist? neutral

Very carefully. razz

Because, my dear outcast, I am simply that talented.

I am quite satisfied with looking at the world without putting my belief in a supernatural being.

Everyone else, if that does not work with you, then so be it!

This is not the thread to discuss atheism. If you wish to do so, go to the thread on atheism. Otherwise, stick to the subject.

WHERE IS THE FUTURE OF ISLAM?

...especially when you have Muslim men claiming that uncovered women deserved to be raped.....
mad  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:13 pm
Absurd Thought
Britomartis-the-Valiant
How did people get from talking about the future of Islam to trying to prove that God exists to an atheist? neutral

Very carefully. razz

I am quite satisfied with looking at the world without putting my belief in a supernatural being.

This is not the thread to discuss atheism. If you wish to do so, go to the thread on atheism. Otherwise, stick to the subject.

...especially when you have Muslim men claiming that uncovered women deserved to be raped.....
mad
Uncovered women don't deserve to be raped, who said that? Let me guess, ma'am Leslie told u i say that? lol

I say(and know) that an uncovered woman whill get gunha! Like the rapist... But she don't really deserve it 3nodding

And it would be a future, if the muslim country's could control their goverment.  

Zaakii

Absurd Thought

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:41 pm
Zaaki
Absurd Thought
Britomartis-the-Valiant

Very carefully. razz

mad
Uncovered women don't deserve to be raped, who said that? Let me guess, ma'am Leslie told u i say that? lol

I say(and know) that an uncovered woman whill get gunha! Like the rapist... But she don't really deserve it 3nodding

And it would be a future, if the muslim country's could control their goverment.

i don't have to accuse you, there are plenty others who say the same thing rolleyes
Muslim blames uncovered women for rape

...and what the heck is gunah? I'm not going to argue about something unless I know what it is.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:40 pm
What do u think i am, a reading machine? I don't go to those boring link's and read what some random people wrote confused It dossen't interrest me...

And gunha is a defination of bad deeds/sins...

When u do something wrong u get bad deeds/sins

When u do something haram u get gunha  

Zaakii

Absurd Thought

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:05 pm
Zaaki
What do u think i am, a reading machine? I don't go to those boring link's and read what some random people wrote confused It dossen't interrest me...

It's an article proving my point. If you don't want to read it, fine, I don't really care. I just wanted to show you that I don't read all of Ratri's posts and accuse you based on what she wrote.

Zaaki

And gunha is a defination of bad deeds/sins...

When u do something wrong u get bad deeds/sins

When u do something haram u get gunha

So a woman is still punished for being raped if she's uncovered...? Because she is doing something...what is it called...forbidden?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:07 am
If u wanto prove me something, u can tell it in a post... And please not 5 pages long...

And ofcurse an uncovered woman get's gunha!  

Zaakii

Absurd Thought

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:49 pm
Zaaki

Ridiculous and stupid. I suppose this applies to any woman, but seriously, this is just dumb.

...Islam is definitely a patriarchal religion that needs to evolve. rolleyes

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:09 am
Absurd Thought
Zaaki

Ridiculous and stupid. I suppose this applies to any woman, but seriously, this is just dumb.

...Islam is definitely a patriarchal religion that needs to evolve. rolleyes

That's your opinion, many people say that Islam is a great religon, why are you so focused on women not covering themselves is forbidden in this religon?

Figure speaking, let's imagine it this way. If someone gave you a lollipop, which is uncovered, - they didn't uncover it in front of you , it was orignially uncovered i.e. You don't know whether somebody licked it or not-
Would you take it? Of course not, why not? Because it's dirty! You don't know where it came from..

Same goes for Muslims, if a man's mother told him: Marry this girl. And this man didn't like her, because she doesn't uncover herself, well.. It's the same deal as for a lollipop, if it's not covered, I'm not going to take it!

Mini_Angel_1994

Absurd Thought

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:13 am
Mini_Angel_1994

That's your opinion, many people say that Islam is a great religon, why are you so focused on women not covering themselves is forbidden in this religon?

Islam has many good qualities and many bad ones.
I'm focused on women, particularly hijabs because I see it as a way for men to blame women for their own lack of self-control. Or to accuse women of being unchaste and good individuals if they don't follow as certain rule.

Mini_Angel_1994

Figure speaking, let's imagine it this way. If someone gave you a lollipop, which is uncovered, - they didn't uncover it in front of you , it was orignially uncovered i.e. You don't know whether somebody licked it or not-
Would you take it? Of course not, why not? Because it's dirty! You don't know where it came from..

You're implying that a woman uncovered has the potential to be a dirty individual. I find that to be childish and archaic and an extreme naive way of looking at the world. Again, welcome to the 21st century. We're not in 12th century anymore.

It's one thing if a woman is walking down the street with her breasts hanging out and her butt poking out from a miniskirt, compared to normal women who don't dress like sluts.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:44 am

on topic: it seems that Islam has difficulties with coping with modernism.

Radical new ideas about men, women and sexuality are at odds with religious belief.

Do you think it's really that bad to adjust to the times? Why are other religions *under you* because we have adapted to the times? Why is it so important to remain inflexible.

NOTE: I am NOT saying change fundamental beliefs that make Islam...well Islam. I'm talking about minor rules that seem to get blown out of proportion and create severe collisions with getting along with rest of society.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

XxXZero_BeatXxX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:32 pm
Ratri_Cat
Seriously guys, what are you going to do to fix the face of Islam?

You guys complain about the Western media bias that makes Muslims look bad, but you know what? It's YOU PEOPLE.

What are you guys going to do to fix the problem?

To be honest, there's a lot of people that are willing to see Islam as another form of worshiping God that might seem a little strange to us non-Muslims, but we see you as good, God-fearing folk. AKA WE DON"T THINK YOU'RE EVIL EXCEPT THE WEIRDO FUNDAMENTALIST CHRISTIANS.

However, I am ticked off at articles I've seen from sites that aren't as biased as you think. All I keep on hearing is that MUSLIM MEN ARE CHAUVINIST BASTARDS.

Seriously, Muslim women are getting reconstructive surgery to "restore their virginity". That's utter bullshit to me. First off, the hymen, once commonly used around the world as physical proof of a woman's chastity, is costing women thousands of dollars to surgically fix. You know what? That lil piece of skin is so freakin flimsy, that premarital sex is not the only way to tear it! As a female, you can do it while biking, running, swimming, ect. And women are paying thousands of dollars so they do not get cast aside or hurt upon their wedding night because of a stupid membrane that's so easy to tear in everyday life! Most of the time that's the reason why it tears!

Get with the program, people! There's a modern world ahead of you guys.

Regardless or not of media bias, the actions still exist and are still in practice in Muslim communities.
Shall I list the major one? It usually is directed against...WOMEN.
Father strangles daughter because he does not want to her to divorce her husband in an arranged marriage
How about honor killings in...MUSLIM COUNTRIES.

Rant with information ended.

So, what are you guys going to do about it? Catholics managed to get their boy-molesting priests under control and have stamped out most of the fires.

Are rules in Islam going to change? Are you guys going to learn how to co-exist with the modern world?
How are you going to deal with archaic traditions that hurt people and preserving your faith?

DISCUSS:
how are muslims going to fix the face of islam? How are you going to separate yourselves from the chauvinistic b*****d/weak woman-terrorist image?

we have to show our good character that Islam teaches us
for ex if a non muslim is yelling and swearing at us we muslims are taught to keep our good manners and respect and pray for that person. If they see us fighting for no cause then they will think we are load of garbage.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:41 pm
Absurd Thought
Mini_Angel_1994

Islam has many good qualities and many bad ones.
I'm focused on women, particularly hijabs because I see it as a way for men to blame women for their own lack of self-control. Or to accuse women of being unchaste and good individuals if they don't follow as certain rule.

Mini_Angel_1994

You're implying that a woman uncovered has the potential to be a dirty individual. I find that to be childish and archaic and an extreme naive way of looking at the world. Again, welcome to the 21st century. We're not in 12th century anymore.

It's one thing if a woman is walking down the street with her breasts hanging out and her butt poking out from a miniskirt, compared to normal women who don't dress like sluts.

shes right...the real reason the weman are supposed to be coverd is for respect. there is NO forcing a woman btw its her choice. if a woman is coverd she is less likely to be "touched" by another man.
lets face it even in the 21st century
if a rapest has his eyes on a woman with a short skirt and lots of skin compared to a coverd proper woman who will he pick??? most likely the uncoverd one. besides some weman prefer to be coverd since they dont like when guys whistle at them or look at there bodies, and yet some do its your choice which is between you and god noone can judge you.
If you have a good moral character and good understanding of islam then you have respect.  

XxXZero_BeatXxX

XxXZero_BeatXxX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:47 pm
Absurd Thought
Britomartis-the-Valiant

Very carefully. razz

mad

well then those men are idiots...uncovered weman do not deserve to be raped. they take the quran in there view and way out of context to serve them. they try to make the man higher When the Quran says a woman has 4x more rights than the man. there are 73 sect of islam and one sentence has 73 meanings.
remember that...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:26 am
XxXZero_BeatXxX

if a woman is coverd she is less likely to be "touched" by another man.

But it still happens in Muslim countries.

XxXZero_BeatXxX

if a rapest has his eyes on a woman with a short skirt and lots of skin compared to a coverd proper woman who will he pick??? most likely the uncoverd one. besides some weman prefer to be coverd since they dont like when guys whistle at them or look at there bodies, and yet some do its your choice which is between you and god noone can judge you.

Apparently you are not up to date on rapists. Men rape women for domination, not lust. If a woman looks weak and a rapist sees her, he is going to rape her regardless of what she is wearing. Go to the Islam and Rape section about this.

XxXZero_BeatXxX
If you have a good moral character and good understanding of islam then you have respect.

Yet there are those that claim that they have both and live in theocratic countries and are demeaning women and human rights.

Absurd Thought

Absurd Thought

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:27 am
XxXZero_BeatXxX
When the Quran says a woman has 4x more rights than the man. there are 73 sect of islam and one sentence has 73 meanings.
remember that...

Then why are women's rights so abused in Muslim countries, such as Saudi Arabia?

☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff