Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Survival (NOW OPEN)
The GGE Joint Aid Linking System NEW STUFF, COME READ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ArmasTermin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:56 pm
Freak_090
ArmasTermin
As chairman of the GACTDE (or Guild Action Comittee That Doesn't Exist) I support the removal of the Airshit subforum seeing as how nobody uses it. And I bring up the point that if anyone really felt like saying something about airsoft it would probably be acceptable in the Chatterbox/Humor. Not to "diss" any airsoft fans, but it's become apparent that we really don't care much about it in general or its subforum would be popular.

So it shall be. What should the new name be?

I will move this thread over to the new SF around 6:15am (CT) tomorrow (4-29-09)

Would it be a SF just for the idea of Guild members linking together? If so, I would just say call it GGE JALS or GGE Joint Aid Linking System. Or if you've got a better idea for the name of the thing I'm open to suggestions. That's just the first thing I thought of since it involves linking, is a system, and is about joint aid.

But if this would be a general survival subforum with the JALS just as a prime point then I would say just Survival or something like that.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:27 pm
ArmasTermin
Freak_090
ArmasTermin
As chairman of the GACTDE (or Guild Action Comittee That Doesn't Exist) I support the removal of the Airshit subforum seeing as how nobody uses it. And I bring up the point that if anyone really felt like saying something about airsoft it would probably be acceptable in the Chatterbox/Humor. Not to "diss" any airsoft fans, but it's become apparent that we really don't care much about it in general or its subforum would be popular.

I will move this thread over to the new SF around 6:15am (CT) tomorrow (4-29-09)

Would it be a SF just for the idea of Guild members linking together? If so, I would just say call it GGE JALS or GGE Joint Aid Linking System. Or if you've got a better idea for the name of the thing I'm open to suggestions. That's just the first thing I thought of since it involves linking, is a system, and is about joint aid.

But if this would be a general survival subforum with the JALS just as a prime point then I would say just Survival or something like that.
Agreed, but if it's just for the JALS, I'd leave off the 'GGE' prefix, since the top of the screen would say "Gaia Gun Enthusiasts -> Joint Aid Linking System", so the second GGE would be reduntant.

Also, there's nothing wrong with calling it 'survival' and leaving a 'name this subforum' sticky inside until something good comes along.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:47 pm
Fresnel
ArmasTermin
Freak_090
ArmasTermin

Agreed, but if it's just for the JALS, I'd leave off the 'GGE' prefix, since the top of the screen would say "Gaia Gun Enthusiasts -> Joint Aid Linking System", so the second GGE would be reduntant.

Also, there's nothing wrong with calling it 'survival' and leaving a 'name this subforum' sticky inside until something good comes along.

I think we'll go with this.

As promised this thread will be moved into the new SF at 6:15am CT tomorrow. We will sort things out from there.

I will have the new SF open in a few minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:57 am
I'd like to run some numbers here. In 2004:

1,100 people died of the flu. 554 were among senior citizens 85 years or older.
372 people on life support had their plugs pulled due to legal intervention.
3,816 people died of asthma.
697 women died in childbirth.
172 people died of nutritional deficiencies (not counting general malnutrition).
30 people died of salmonella.
43 died of syphilis.
657 of TB.

To date, 7 people have died of swine flu, every one of them a Mexican national. I really, really don't think this flu is worth the bullshit we've been hearing about it. Swine or no, it's the ******** flu.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Krilliad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:49 pm
Fresnel

172 people died of nutritional deficiencies (not counting general malnutrition).
43 died of syphilis.
657 of TB.

To date, 7 people have died of swine flu, every one of them a Mexican national. I really, really don't think this flu is worth the bullshit we've been hearing about it. Swine or no, it's the ******** flu.

Actually it's over 150 Mexican Nationals, and over 3000 infected.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:22 pm
http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/Pandemic-2.html

Wow, some of the highscores are named...
Swine Flu.
Wow.
WTF.  

OberFeldwebel

Man of the Demoneye

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:19 pm
Just saw it on the news...again. There is "panic" over the fact that there are "no vaccines available for it" [sic] Not to start anything here, but I never get a flu shot and make it just as well as everyone else. Just use common sense, wash your hands, blah blah blah, and live a healthy lifestyle and you will probably make it through this.* I really think this is getting way out of proportion.

*I'm not a doctor, so don't listen to me.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:59 am
Man of the Demoneye
Just saw it on the news...again. There is "panic" over the fact that there are "no vaccines available for it" [sic] Not to start anything here, but I never get a flu shot and make it just as well as everyone else. Just use common sense, wash your hands, blah blah blah, and live a healthy lifestyle and you will probably make it through this.* I really think this is getting way out of proportion.

*I'm not a doctor, so don't listen to me.

Yeah, I don't get vaccines either.
I did get the Menan...
mena...
menin...
meningococcal vaccine but that was when I started going to college.

Also, my mother got the flu vaccine and guess the ******** what,
she ended up getting the flu from the shot.
:/  

Barru

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:12 am
Battlefield Reaper
Fresnel

43 died of syphilis.
657 of TB.

When I posted that, Y! news said 7, reduced from 20-some because the Mexican government LIED ABOUT IT. I don't ******** trust them at all anymore.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:05 am
Fresnel
Battlefield Reaper
Fresnel

43 died of syphilis.
657 of TB.

When I posted that, Y! news said 7, reduced from 20-some because the Mexican government LIED ABOUT IT. I don't ******** trust them at all anymore.

It took them lying about a god damn flu outbreak to convince you that they're lying assholes?

What about the 'omfg 90% of the guns we get are from US gun shops!211!!1oneeone!!1"?  

OberFeldwebel

Krilliad

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:14 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Battlefield Reaper
Fresnel

43 died of syphilis.
657 of TB.

It took them lying about a god damn flu outbreak to convince you that they're lying assholes?

What about the 'omfg 90% of the guns we get are from US gun shops!211!!1oneeone!!1"?

Yeah, I don't think they get AK's from the U.S.  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:12 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
Battlefield Reaper
Fresnel

43 died of syphilis.
657 of TB.

That was the first strike. Two strikes in 30 days is unforgivable.  

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

Krilliad

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:55 pm
Swine flu just reached alert level 5.  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:59 pm
Apparently a good friend of mine had it (swine flu). Said it's the sickest he'd ever been. But I was riding bikes with him early this morning between midnight and 2am, so...

It's possible to get it and get over it. It's possible to not get it at all. It's bad, no doubt, but I'm not going to strap on a gas mask, load all the guns in the house, and lock myself in the bathroom for the next six months.  

ArmasTermin

Krilliad

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:01 pm
ArmasTermin
Apparently a good friend of mine had it (swine flu). Said it's the sickest he'd ever been. But I was riding bikes with him early this morning between midnight and 2am, so...

It's possible to get it and get over it. It's possible to not get it at all. It's bad, no doubt, but I'm not going to strap on a gas mask, load all the guns in the house, and lock myself in the bathroom for the next six months.
Oh, we weren't supposed top do that yet? sweatdrop  
Survival (NOW OPEN)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces