Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Welcome to 3G! Rules, Site and Staff Info are here!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MesmericVisions

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:29 pm
Along with all the others here - I thank you for accepting my request, and I would like to say that I AM against text-talk - but that does not necessarily indicate that I always speak and write in a literate fashion.... In other words I get very hyper and turn into a sugar monkey so please bare my retardedness. English is also my second language - my first being Portuguese, and even though my english is strong and I am the most advanced in my grade so far [Sorry! Bragging amuses me!!] There are certain.. inconsistencies with my grammar at times, so just bonk me on the head and I'll see if I get why I'm losing more brain cells.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:01 pm
Sorry for repeating what others have said, but thanks for the acceptance! I really appreciate being on a guild where I don't have to guess about what people are saying and just express my opinions freely. ^-^ Thank you so much!  

Cheerfulhope

Queen of the Blue Twins

1,250 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:05 am
Thank you, thank you, thank you for allowing me out of the Gaia forum mind numb and into a world where spelling, grammer and complete sentences are appreciated. *dances around the room in joyous rapture*

If you have ever seen any of my posts (outside of the bump threads) it will be obvious I take pride in my abilities to use the English language not only correctly, but to it's fullest.

As others have asked -- what is 1337? I just don't understand. But then I can say my interest in foreign languages has been limited over the years.

Thank you again for letting me in. heart I will add the sig banner as soon as the profile pages are accessable again. confused

Sincerely, Queen of the Blue Twins

P.S. - anyone wondering about my name (NO, it's not intended to be dirty) just pm me and I will be happy to explain it. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:00 pm
Wow. I really would like to give praise to the almighty creators of this guild for their brilliance. This is the most amazing guild that I have seen. I just want to say 'thank you' for letting me be a part of this effort. I will uphold literacy on and off Gaia to the best of my abilities in the name of this guild.  

hi-hen-kuraii

YuugiTsubasa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:11 pm
It's been said, but not by me, so thank you for letting me join this guild!

I'd just like to ask that if anyone notices me using "like" excessively, please bash me. It's a habit/mannerism/what-have-you that I'm trying to get rid of. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:03 pm
Queen of the Blue Twins

As others have asked -- what is 1337? I just don't understand. But then I can say my interest in foreign languages has been limited over the years.

1337 stands for leet which is an elite player... clarifying  

Veritas Unae_Nanashi

Dapper Conversationalist

8,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Full closet 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Faemint

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:11 pm
Thank you, Lord, for creating the 3G Guild, where I can actually express myself in a literate, coherent, grammatically correct manner and not have people think that I'm odd. It's a miracle! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:41 pm
I can finally talk to people who can speak in an acceptable manner! Though I am like other people, who make mistakes, if I ever do anything at the wrong time, whack me with an oar.  

Jonana

Jenius_Jenocide

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:06 pm
Thank you for allowing me to join your guild!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:47 pm
Oh, thank you all!! I absolutly love good grammar. I do make a few mistakes, but finally!! A guild that understands me!! And darkelf, where did you get the ears? I love them.  

crystal_angel_from_heaven

crystal_angel_from_heaven

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:52 pm
and myrian, where did you get the wings???  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:45 pm
Far be it from me to avoid the redundant (yet heartfelt) thanks for welcoming me into this bastion of the English language. With that said, thanks. wink  

Slander

Shameless Exhibitionist

7,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Brandisher 100

psychzac

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:54 pm
This wont be a long thank you its just, "thank you".

(Ill imagine you know what for.)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:26 pm
Ah, uhm, thank you very much for accepting me. I can't stand when people don't type out their words, I mean, is it really that difficult?

Uhm...Anyway, I'm sorry if I "uhm" and "umm" a lot. sweatdrop  

x_Chromatic Zelda_x

!`Grammar Faerie`!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:55 pm
Hi. I was wondering if you could invite XxJennessaxX. We had a very long talk about illiteracy in towns.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff