Game Cube
  Game Boy Advance
  Nintendo DS
  Playstation Portable
  I know nothing of games..... *shrugs*
View Results

iamNOTanidiot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:36 am
It is said to be released world wide then, but we have not gotten any information at EB saying that is so. Mircosoft like to think it will be out here in March. But I am still standing by my guns of June/July until I know something for sure. That namely being an email at work and the price on the computer system to come down from $10,000.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:25 am
WarriorShadow
Nintendo Revolution
REVOLUTIOOOOOON~!1  

Unholy Meatpuppet

iamNOTanidiot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:47 am
So yes.

Anyway. Of the three latest Marvel games, Ultimate Spiderman is the best. Xmen Legends 2: Rise Of Apocalypse and Marvel Nemesis: Rise Of The Imprefects are ok, but Ultimate Spiderman blows both out of the water.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:51 am
WarriorShadow
The Xbox 360 is schedualed for World wide Release in December was the last i saw, because everyone buys s**t at christmas, and they want to be out before the PS2 and the Nintendo Revolution

I think the Australian market is too negligable for Microsoft to care.  

WellzY
Crew

iamNOTanidiot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:15 am
It is. Mircosoft is going to focus their marketing campaign for the xbox 360 in Japan. Even though the Japanese do not want it. They want the Revolution and then the PS3. And anyway, on the grander sceme of things. the Australian gaming market is only a fraction the size of the US or the Jap market manly because of our small popualtion.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:17 am
Gotta suck being the arse-end of the world. It's strange how on some occasiosn though, we've recieved games before Europe did. I think that was mostly with just GBA and DS games.  

WellzY
Crew

iamNOTanidiot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:22 am
i also depends on where the game was made. You will find that some games will be released in Australia first because they were made here. Like Freedom Force and the soon coming Stargate: SG1 where and will be released to here first.

An other interesting fact about international releases. The PSP was released in Europe and Australia at the same time. So, because of the Earth's rotation, we got it first. I take a small comfort in that fact.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:27 am
Magnus Ignatius
i also depends on where the game was made. You will find that some games will be released in Australia first because they were made here. Like Freedom Force and the soon coming Stargate: SG1 where and will be released to here first.

An other interesting fact about international releases. The PSP was released in Europe and Australia at the same time. So, because of the Earth's rotation, we got it first. I take a small comfort in that fact.

Hehehehe, a very small, but technical comfort indeed.

I think that we also got the DS before Europe did, and I think we got the new GBA Pokémons, as well as both Golden Suns before them as well; both made in Japan. I know that apparently the DS has no region coding, but is the GBA similar in that regard?  

WellzY
Crew

iamNOTanidiot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:30 am
There should not be any area coding on it. Atleast I think that way.

I know that the PSP movies are area coded, but the gmaes are not.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:34 am
Well that would explain the faster release dates for us, we could basically just get the same product that the US gets, instead of being lumped together with Europe, waiting for all the translations. sweatdrop

Speaking of the PSP, I love the ad they have for it. xd  

WellzY
Crew

iamNOTanidiot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:43 am
the translation is not the case. It all has to do with what format they are using. The USA uses NTSC, while we and Europe use PAL. That is the main delay causer.

But for DS and GBa games, there should be no delay.

I saw the PSP ad about two weeks before it was released. I just find is interesting how all of the people the symbols move past are doing something different with their PSP's. The girl in the back of the car is watching a UMD. The guy in the suit is listening MP3's and the guys on the bus of cause are playing it.

Another interesting fact about th PSP is that SONY will be releasing music UMD's for it. I do not know any more then that fact aobut it.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:55 am
Yah, I knew the conversion from NTSC to PAL was the main problem, but I suppose I was also sort of thinking about Final Fantasy games, which take ages for a release because it has to be translated into several different languages, while all making sense. They're not simple story lines. Other, less text heavy games would have far less problems with translations, so you're right.

I didin't notice the people in the back-ground, too drawn to the huge red compound mechas fighting it out. Love it. xd

Doesn't surprise me that SONY would be released music UMDs, seeing as they do have a very strong foot-hold int he music industry as well.  

WellzY
Crew

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:57 am
*gasp*

I LOVE YOUR SIG-PIC! rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:02 am
For translation of language, it is the easist bit. When you have the script, you get some to rewirte into the languages and then select, hopefully, someone that sounds like the original.

For the FF games, I am sure it would be as simple as that. And now days, most games are made in both formats at the same time to save on release times.

I did not get that middle paragraph.

Well, SONY's music company is now called SONY-BMG. Sony bought out BMG earlier this year or late last year. I just hope that when they do, it is a nice cross section of the music market and not just all pop.

Thanks for the SIG comment. I have had that one lying around for a while and just thought about using it know. I think that we should try to infect the world with it.

[IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/magnus_ignatius/captainobvious.jpg[/IMG]

iamNOTanidiot

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:15 am
Magnus Ignatius
I did not get that middle paragraph.

I was talking about the PSP ad. Didn't notice people, too busy watching big-red things.

Have you ever played a Final Fantasy game? There can be some pretty convaluted language at times, and it's not the easiest thing to translate. Generally tanslation teams only seem to be two or three people at most. They have to get it right, because each language has it's slight nuances which would need building into it somehow. It's not as simple as a direct translation, that just wouldn't make sense. sweatdrop  
Gaming, Computer & Console Talk

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff