Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Legion of Helpers
STRATUS'S 100K GIVE AWAY CHAT/GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PEOPLE COUNTER
  +1
View Results
redhamster121 generated a random number between 1 and 1000 ... 173!

redhamster121

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:52 pm
Ronzalpha201
redhamster121
dronze
redhamster121
They are as I call it - gaming (video games),

Introduce them to Warhammer 40,000 (the tabletop miniatures game). Sure, your house will smell like plastic glue and Acryllic paint (Ahh, what an amasing smell...), but, it'll encourage creativity as well as eat up a lot more of their time (as well as getting them away from the idiot box).

Quote:
jammin (rockin out),

Nothing wrong there...

Quote:
or waring (air soft wars)!

Do yourself and the rest of the world a favor... move them up to paintball.

Airsoft is for immature frat boys and weenies.

Other than that, it sounds like you've got some pretty good kids, red.

Thanks for the suggestions dronze. They are pretty great kids but I am a little biased. biggrin

They have begged me for the paintball guns and paintballs ect. but they are very expensive around here and it also cost to go to the paintball arena. I do not mind them being a little immature or even weenies right now. Believe me they will make the transition soon enough. I guess the reason I like airsoft better is because it is a little more controllable for me. My son and his friends just turned 14. I am not ready for them to be hangin out with a bunch of older teenagers (those who frequent the arenas around here). My hubby, bless his heart, is a computer geek thru and thru and can not stand paintball! He is also busy with his job. xp

I will look into this Warhammer thing although I do not know if I want my house to smell that way! smile

red

eek if you consider 14 old then i must be really old! eek

I think you misunderstood, I do not consider 14 too old. My son is 14 and I am not ready for him to be hanging out with 17, 18, or 19 year olds.  
Magnis Inferno rolled 10 100-sided dice: 61, 37, 98, 46, 1, 86, 82, 46, 14, 96 Total: 567 (10-1000)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:07 pm
It's been awhile since I have been on Gaia.
Hello!  

Magnis Inferno

Magnis Inferno rolled 10 100-sided dice: 72, 14, 94, 65, 4, 47, 19, 62, 93, 52 Total: 522 (10-1000)

Magnis Inferno

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:13 pm
Has anyone beaten Star Ocean the last hope yet? I am trying right now  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:39 pm
redhamster121
Ronzalpha201
redhamster121
dronze
redhamster121

Introduce them to Warhammer 40,000 (the tabletop miniatures game). Sure, your house will smell like plastic glue and Acryllic paint (Ahh, what an amasing smell...), but, it'll encourage creativity as well as eat up a lot more of their time (as well as getting them away from the idiot box).

Quote:
jammin (rockin out),

Nothing wrong there...

Quote:

Thanks for the suggestions dronze. They are pretty great kids but I am a little biased. biggrin

They have begged me for the paintball guns and paintballs ect. but they are very expensive around here and it also cost to go to the paintball arena. I do not mind them being a little immature or even weenies right now. Believe me they will make the transition soon enough. I guess the reason I like airsoft better is because it is a little more controllable for me. My son and his friends just turned 14. I am not ready for them to be hangin out with a bunch of older teenagers (those who frequent the arenas around here). My hubby, bless his heart, is a computer geek thru and thru and can not stand paintball! He is also busy with his job. xp

I will look into this Warhammer thing although I do not know if I want my house to smell that way! smile

red

I think you misunderstood, I do not consider 14 too old. My son is 14 and I am not ready for him to be hanging out with 17, 18, or 19 year olds.

lolz, i was just kidding.
i'm 17
lolz.  

Ronzalpha201

Ronzalpha201

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:41 pm
hineman2

isn't that game for the PSP?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:28 pm
redhamster121
Ronzalpha201
redhamster121
dronze
redhamster121

Quote:
jammin (rockin out),

Nothing wrong there...

Quote:

red

If they are around the age of 14 you might,,, not want to get them into the
simulation game of warhammer. it is a fun game for kids/ adults that have the mentality
to actually think through an entire war. there is also the space that this game uses, the avrage field
is 3.5' x 5-6' using tape measures strings and even radius charts, the creation/building of these
creatures are the least to think of. I myself have considered playing this game but prefer collecting
and distributing my cards/ magic cards, these are works of art that people have created, and
worth a lot of money over time, suck as the magic card the black lotus blossum worth 1.45k
although i didn't think these cards would be worth anything at the age of 15, but it is a good hobby and
if you keep them in good condition a good investment.
BUT even I cant influence a mother, ^_~
your kids are yours to raise teach and be there for, I and my wife are working towards having kids,,,
and hope that we do them good in the long run.
My only advise is make shure they ware glasses i got shot in the eye with an airsoft and its no fun.

Lord Piro Goeth

Moleje generated a random number between 1 and 1000 ... 988!

Moleje

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:44 am
I do hope I'm lucky my smoosh wants some Fairy Wings. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:36 am
Ronzalpha201
hineman2

Star Ocean: The Last Hope. Is a game for the Xbox 360.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:49 am
Lord Piro Goeth
redhamster121
Ronzalpha201
redhamster121
dronze

Nothing wrong there...

red

simulation game of warhammer. it is a fun game for kids/ adults that have the mentality
to actually think through an entire war.

Correction: Warhammer 40,000 is a SKIRMISH scale game, although if you do decide to participate in a campaign, it can be a highly rewarding experience.

Quote:
there is also the space that this game uses, the avrage field
is 3.5' x 5-6' using tape measures strings and even radius charts,

Actually, you can usually play a 1500-1700 point game on a 4x4 table with no issue whatsoever, and why the hell would one need string or a radius chart?

I'm beginning to think that you're speaking out of ignorance...

Quote:
the creation/building of these
creatures are the least to think of.

Tell that to any Ork or Imperial Guard player, I dare you... There are few aspects of this game that are more involved than building and painting one's army, and making terrain isn't one of them unless you REALLY want it to be.

Quote:
I myself have considered playing this game but prefer collecting
and distributing my cards/ magic cards,

Maybe you should use some of that time learning how to type. I've been playing Magic: The Gathering since 1994. My collection of cards takes up MORE space than my 2 armies of over 10,000 points (total). M:tG is a game of a finite number of moves and situations.

Quote:
these are works of art that people have created, and
worth a lot of money over time, suck as the magic card the black lotus blossum worth 1.45k

Alright, now, do you know how to gauge the market for this? Do you have any clue of the complexity of figuring out the value of a card from one Qualifier to the next? How about figuring out when to dump cards because they're cycling out of type 2 and are going to be useless in type 1.5 or type 1?

You're not getting an ORIGINAL work of art when you buy a magic card, and you're not paying for the quality of the artist's work. I'd be willing to bet that you have no idea why it is that a Black Lotus is worth so much, aside from rarity, which doesn't really mean much in the value game these days.

Quote:
although i didn't think these cards would be worth anything at the age of 15, but it is a good hobby and

And if you're good enough to get commissioned to start modelling and painting other people's armies, I can assure you that you can make a lot more money on that particular path. The investment end of it only matters if you're actually willing to follow the market and know its influences, as opposed to modelling, which is based on the skill of the person doing the painting/building/converting, and allows someone to buy an original piece of artwork, if you are so inclined to do so.

Quote:

Or sufficiently wrap your head around the English language, for that matter....

Quote:
your kids are yours to raise teach and be there for, I and my wife are working towards having kids,,,

Do the world a favor, schedule an appointment with your doctor and tell them you want a procedure called a vasectomy before this happens. Sorry, but based on your previous post, I must pose my very serious objections to allowing your attempts to breed to be fruitful.

Quote:

You would do them much better if you didn't let them be at all, given your own ignorance and inability to communicate.

Quote:
My only advise is make shure they ware glasses i got shot in the eye with an airsoft and its no fun.
If only it were lower, with a much larger projectile moving at a much faster velocity. I don't care much about how much lower, but something over 180 grains and in the general velocity range of mach 1 or so.

The next time you decide you want to try to communicate something, make sure you can actually do it effectively, and without misspelling "Sure", "Average" and "Blossom", as well as realizing that an ellipsis is a trio of periods, not a set of commas.... and that's just the start.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:25 pm
One of the reasons a Black Lotus is so expensive. Is the overall rigged potential power of the card. In fact, I saw this card. In a dream deck that was made by Inquest. Basically, the deck guaranteed that you could kill your opponent on your first turn 90% of the time..I don't remember the exact percentage. But part of the percentage of error. Relied heavily on the concept that your opponent has Force of Will. Which is still to this day the best counter spells ever printed.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

redhamster121

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:22 pm
dronze
Lord Piro Goeth
redhamster121
Ronzalpha201
redhamster121

red

Correction: Warhammer 40,000 is a SKIRMISH scale game, although if you do decide to participate in a campaign, it can be a highly rewarding experience.

Quote:

Actually, you can usually play a 1500-1700 point game on a 4x4 table with no issue whatsoever, and why the hell would one need string or a radius chart?

Quote:

Tell that to any Ork or Imperial Guard player, I dare you... There are few aspects of this game that are more involved than building and painting one's army, and making terrain isn't one of them unless you REALLY want it to be.

Quote:

Maybe you should use some of that time learning how to type. I've been playing Magic: The Gathering since 1994. My collection of cards takes up MORE space than my 2 armies of over 10,000 points (total). M:tG is a game of a finite number of moves and situations.

Quote:

Alright, now, do you know how to gauge the market for this? Do you have any clue of the complexity of figuring out the value of a card from one Qualifier to the next? How about figuring out when to dump cards because they're cycling out of type 2 and are going to be useless in type 1.5 or type 1?

You're not getting an ORIGINAL work of art when you buy a magic card, and you're not paying for the quality of the artist's work. I'd be willing to bet that you have no idea why it is that a Black Lotus is worth so much, aside from rarity, which doesn't really mean much in the value game these days.

Quote:

And if you're good enough to get commissioned to start modelling and painting other people's armies, I can assure you that you can make a lot more money on that particular path. The investment end of it only matters if you're actually willing to follow the market and know its influences, as opposed to modelling, which is based on the skill of the person doing the painting/building/converting, and allows someone to buy an original piece of artwork, if you are so inclined to do so.

Quote:

Quote:

Do the world a favor, schedule an appointment with your doctor and tell them you want a procedure called a vasectomy before this happens. Sorry, but based on your previous post, I must pose my very serious objections to allowing your attempts to breed to be fruitful.

Quote:

You would do them much better if you didn't let them be at all, given your own ignorance and inability to communicate.

Quote:
If only it were lower, with a much larger projectile moving at a much faster velocity. I don't care much about how much lower, but something over 180 grains and in the general velocity range of mach 1 or so.

The next time you decide you want to try to communicate something, make sure you can actually do it effectively, and without misspelling "Sure", "Average" and "Blossom", as well as realizing that an ellipsis is a trio of periods, not a set of commas.... and that's just the start.

Dronze,

I am very grateful for your wisdom and I do appreciate all of your knowledge but you have to be nicer if we are going to keep people in the guild. Just a little suggestion. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:24 pm
redhamster121
dronze
Lord Piro Goeth
redhamster121
Ronzalpha201

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dronze,

I am very grateful for your wisdom and I do appreciate all of your knowledge but you have to be nicer if we are going to keep people in the guild. Just a little suggestion. smile

lolz, he's like that from the beginning and we sorta respect him for that. lolz. you know, before this guild became the way it is today, there was actually and anti-dronze faction here. lolz. the good old times.  

Ronzalpha201

Ronzalpha201

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:28 pm
LanceCalvis
Ronzalpha201
hineman2

Star Ocean: The Last Hope. Is a game for the Xbox 360.

O.O Square Enix created a game for X-box and Microsoft???? NOOOOOOOO! It's the end of the world!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:55 pm
you know all i have to say is i have not given any false information because i usto run the campaign with my friends at Curious Games And Comics
in alamogordo newmexico and if you do get into the game sirously you do use strings rulers and radius charts the radius charts actualy
come in an expansion that they sell there. but i dont apreciate you puting me down. all i was doing, was giving friendly advise, and maybe
you are a little to touchy about your subjects. eather way i am sorry but i dont want to be apart of a guild that puts people down i thought
this was a helpers guild not a critisizers guild and you can get mad at my spelling if you want to, and yes i know a lot about magic cards
but im not here to prove a point.

i am resigning from this guild, i am sorry for causing this trouble

Lord Piro Goeth

LanceCalvis
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:10 am
Well...there goes one of the more interesting members of the guild.  
Legion of Helpers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff