Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ŧhe Đarkroot Єhronicles ✧Closed✧

Back to Guilds

The peaceful town of Darkroot has been torn from the map by a metallic army in this anthro RP. 

Tags: Roleplay, Accepting, Darkroot, Chronicles, Sonic 

Reply TDC Main Forum
✝ Ŧhe Єhronicles of the Ѵillage Đarkroot (The RP) ✝ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Puff O Puff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:50 pm
Rook Felid walked down a lone street in the city of rapture. Wearing his brand new uniform and name with pride... now if only he had a new voice to go along with the name.

My name is John Able. My name is John Able. My name is John Able.

It had been mearly minutes from his last encounter with the military. His walk was uneven because of the stab wound on his leg but his speed never slowed. His voice with every try was becoming much like the old "John Able" instead of the new. The new "John" was heading towards the only other encampent in rapture he knew of and it wasnt to far now... maybe a good fifteen minutes or so.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:50 pm
Night's foot slipped out from under her.
Ah, shoot!
She grabbed both sides of the window to keep from falling. Her other foot caught the window still.

Night decided it would be much better to sit on the roof than in the small apartment that reeked of mildew. She was still upset that there was no running water or electricity. But her stomach half-full of different canned foods was good enough for now.
She pushed off the window and lowered down onto the shingles. She puled the bag off her shoulders and set it next to her.
Not letting you out of my sight...

From up here she could see the smoke still billowing up from the prison. She took a moment to wonder. What happen to the others there? Was it even possible that he survived? How much military attention was drawn over there now...?

She turned her own attention to the west. The setting sun poured mixed colors over the sky. You don't have the time or energy to think about questions for now. She sat and watched the painter before he would leave a day, and waited for another to come draw her black cloth over the sky.

A maiden of white fire, whom mortals call, the moon.  

izzabella11
Crew

High-functioning Nerd

TrivialCipher
Vice Captain

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:54 pm
A dune sprayed over the horizon. The sputter of an engine grew louder. A buggy stormed over the wasteland. Robert was growing weary. He didn't think to spend one more night before his departure. The sun had set hours ago. Still. It was to late to turn back now. He was nearly there. Nearly to Rapture.

The thought of seeing home once again still made Rob feel uneasy. All he remembered of Rapture was murder, nightmares, everything that made him what he is now. He hated Rapture. Yet when he thought about it, that's why he was going back. He had to face his fear. Besides. Robert had nothing better to do.

I'll kill 'em all. If I have to. Get ready Mobius. Robert Davis is here! He was prepared. Armed physically- besides his foot -and mentally. It's about time he started thinking like this.

Robert was barely able to make out Rapture on the horizon. That city of hate, fear, evil. He would purify it. He would be the one to bring the judgement upon those who did him wrong.

The city kept growing larger. Robert could also see something above the city. A fire? Robert held back a laugh. I'm not suprised. Though while seeing this. He realized just how large the fire was. It was. Enourmous. The smoke was engulfing the city. Like it was... Under attack.

The sand in his tires slowly changed to grass. Something's not right. The city looks. It looks like... Robert couldn't bare to say it. But he knew what it looked like. the sky was consumed by smoke, skyscrapers ablaze, it looked... Just like Darkroot. Something was definitly wrong.

For another hour, Robert drove until he found a shallow way across the river. Until the ground shook. And did it ever shake. Robert looked out of the side to see the entire creek sloshing back and forth. He still couldn't believe his eyes. Maybe he was getting to tired? Snapping himself out of it, he saw something in Rapture that shocked him like a loose power line. Something... Green, enormous, constantly growing and incinerating anything it touched. Coming from inside the city. Is that... He had no idea. This, phenomenon was starting to die out, yet the ground was still shaking. What the f*** was that?

Robert couldn't help but laugh. It felt great to see that hell he used to call home in wreckage. All of those basterds got what was coming to them. Yet at the same time. That explosion. (Which was gone now.) That was his home. Erupting from the inside out. At the same time. He felt a need to avenge Rapture. His parents loved him more than life itself. Their graves probably had a piece of a fallen building on them... His parents... I.. What the f*** was that?

Gunning into the outskirts of Rapture, he saw a few people, two adults and two children. One kid was knocked out, being carried by the man who was probably his father. They look so, innocent. Why? Rapture was sure as hell under attack. But the question was. By what?

Robert knew he would find out if he drove toward that blast. That was where the core of this attack was. Along the way though. He saw a group of men, each with an AK, running madly into the alleyways. Robert couldn't believe his eyes. Enraged Mobians, armed. And that family... Those terrorists are after Rapture! Robert floored the gas pedal. I have to hurry.

Going around a few buildings, He caught up to those evil few men. A group of mobians and machines were coming to intercept them. Organized too. Wait. Robert looked at the squad of soldiers and robots. It's the army! They're here to stop those terrorists!

A short fight broke out. Exchanging bullets with eachother, Rabid screams of agony. a few soldiers fell, but in the end. The military was left standing. Serves those a******* right. This was good, helpful to watch. There was no way the Army would surrender. Robert's morale was skyrocketing. While driving past, He couldn't help but wave to that collection of heroes. Kill those bastards!

For some reason, what was left of the squad didn't seem to happy to hear that. He could tell, because they lifted their guns at him. What? Whoa, Don't Shoot! But it was to late. The soldiers started firing at will. Straight at Rob. Luckily. He was already to far away to be harmed by their fire physically. But he started re-thinking things. What the f*** is THEIR problem!?! What was that? The army... The ARMY! Was shooting at him!

Robert drove around the next corner and didn't have to deal with them again. Now he saw full-scale, just what was happening. The military was all over the streets, shooting down everybody they could. People with no weapons, people who simply wanted to live. All around him, men, women, even children. Were being left to rot in their own blood. This was. An exterination! They're no threat! Why are they... I've got to help.

Another squad was rounding the corner, going after a women holding her daughter. Before they had a chance to shoot. Robert hit every one of them head-on. He was barely able to catch the look on a raccoon's face before he met Rob's front bumper. Robert stopped and looked at the woman, traumatized by the sight of what had just happened. Run! Get out of here! Without a second of hesitation, she ran the other way.

Rob fired up the buggy again. They aren't taking Rapture without a fight. He untied a P90 to the side of him and stormed down a main street. Running over any soldier he could see, and if he missed, he'd shoot. Bullets soaring all around him, he never flinched. It was an amazing display of valor. Though his faithful buggy was nearly out of fuel. He'd have to abandon it soon. I just need to find a back alley.

Robert's buggy left behind blood and carnage. Soldiers were screaming. Machines were crippled. The street was paved with tragedy. But he didn't have time to look back. He pulled out another rifle and started preparing. The street up ahead closed off. So Rob let go of the wheel. He leaped straight out of the buggy as it took out a few more soldiers and hit a wall. He landed perfectly, rifles in hand. Robert shot at the oil dripping out of the buggy's tank. The oil ignited and blew everybody near it sky high. The shotgun he had still stored in the driver's seat blazed into the sky. Exploding at the moment it came in contact with a sniper on top of the building.

He had made it. Rob sprayed lead in every direction. By now, he could see no survivors. Either they were all dead, or in hiding. God watch over them. Robert turned to the alleyway and ran.

Rob came to a halt, around the corner was a group of E-pvts. They hadn't heard him. But Rob didn't have room to hide much longer. He looked in his hoddie pocket. Please work Robert threw the sphere out of his pocket. Right as it hit the ground, a shockwave blew out in every direction. The light was nearly blinding, Robert had to close his eyes. The flash caught him off guard, and the shockwave knocked him off his feet. He could feel his bad foot coming out from under him. He had landed on it incorrectly. AUGH! NO! NOT HERE!!! The flash had died off, looking up, Robert saw the squad of machines twitching. As one-by-one, they fell to the ground. His masterpiece had worked! He should be safe for a while.

Hey! Did you guys see that?

Dammit! I don't have time for them. Another patrol was coming, and he couldn't run anymore. So Robert dragged himself behind a dumpster, reached for his magnum, and waited. Come and get me! I dare you!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:24 pm
Nevermore did not understand the desire to fight, nor could he comprehend why all of these mobians were so defiant. They do not fight because they want to live, for if that were the case, they would've stayed hidden or ran away. He did not understand why they would not simply give up the city and be allowed to live. The only way to survive is to submit to the General's rule. All who oppose him are eliminated. So why fight? Why do these creatures attack? What do they have to defend if their homes are already destroyed? More questions circled through Nevermore's system as clouds began to gather over the remains of Rapture. Rain drops fell, perhaps attempting to release the town's pain from the raging flame that consumed it. His questions would have to wait. This mobian was hostile and a threat and so he must be dealt with, as were his orders.

My move? Does he believe us to be playing a game? Nevermore accessed his data and ran through all mobian games in his records. Though he had a vast knowledge of strategic games, for battle and strategic purposes, he could find no connection between what the mobian before him had said and these games considering the circumstances. However, he could see in the mobians eyes that he was not about to give up as he was asked.

The rain came down much harder now, pounding on the dirt and rubble inside the crater. "My opening move then." He would use that recently reviewed knowledge of strategy games to fight, as he felt this would somehow help him to understand what the mobian meant. Nevermore did not remove his cloak as the rain would give his position away if he were to use his cloaking devise to become unseen; the sound of the water hitting his metallic form would be loud enough for the mobian to hear. However he also did not use the cloaking device right away, as he wanted to learn more about this creature. He bowed his head as his eyes glowed. The red light emanating from them in a slight steam as the rain water partially evaporated from the heat of the lenses. "Upper right star point. The queen's side horse sets it sights on the unsuspecting pawn!" He lept at him with the axe end of his weapon, going for a blow on the mobian's left shoulder to remove his arm as a factor.

Ehrinn

Versatile Guildsman

crazyC0llec70r

Dapper Humorist

10,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:03 am
His blade flashed into a defensive position as soon as the machine was in the air. The blow came heavy, steel scraped across steel, causing a high pitched screeching sound. His legs nearly buckled from the sudden weight of the avian robot pressing against his blade. He hadn't expected the machine to make that maneuver. He should have. He strained against the weapon, attempting to get the advantage. "I... am not a pawn!" His blade pressed forward against his opponents weapon, giving him the opportunity to jump backwards a few feet, and ready his blade for another strike.

"The only pawn I see here is you!" He surged forward, aiming his blade for the robot's exposed left side, it was a dangerous move, and he risked his footing in an attempt for what would be, on a living creature, at the very least a debilitating blow.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:22 am
Night watched as the dark clouds crawled in over head. The sun finally left as they arrived. One after another, then in a rushing torrent, the rain drops beat down on the shingles around her. She didn't move. The pour soaked her hair and drenched her cloths, like a cool shower. Her turned her face up and the the cool rain splashed her face.

Everything she had needed...
Salty tears mixed with the water running down her face.

Why isn't this good? She took a shaky breath in.
Why...aren't I happy with this? I don't want this... I...

No one else could give a damn...

A cool chill pricked her neck, and not from the rain. The nothing took a breath.

"W-...why are you following me?"

She swallowed the lump in her trough and rubbed her face on her wet sleeve.

God, I'm so hopeless, I can't even keep a straight face when-.

A loud tire screech made her jump. She leaned over the side to watch pandemonium erupt onto the street below. Someone in buggy was spreading bullets everywhere and a she watched as a solder was crushed under its wheels. Blood and entrails painted the front bummer.

It came close to the dead end street and the Mobian inside leaped out.

"Someone...What the hell? Maybe... I should go see?"
She slung the bag back over her shoulders and jumped. Mid air her wings opened to slow her fall. Her feet hit the ground running. They where still faithful at least, she thought. She sharply swerved a corner but slowed to stare and the crashed buggy.

The sound of an electrical zapping was followed by a very high pinched whine, probity not heard by other Mobians. Her head snapped around to the direction of the sound. She creep into the side street the Mobian ran into.

Those squat little bots where assorted all over the place. She frozen, praying they wouldn't notices her. Not one oblivious bot even twitched as rain pelted them. Shut down? She quietly shifted into the group of them. think! Her foot hit something. She crouched down to pick it up to be greeted by some round metallic object. She turned the ball about in her hand. It was beautiful and complex, the design screamed experience.

"No! Don't take a step closer! I'll shoot!"

She looked up and was glared at by a light colored rabbit holding a magnum pointed at her. His other hand held his foot that looked badly twisted.

"What? No, relax, I'm not one of those narcissistic bastards. You've defiantly-"

A figure came out from behind the Mobian. A solder, probity in command of the destroyed bots behind them. Instinctively her hand came to her hip and grasped her Beretta. Back straight, shoulders set...Just as the solder pulled out a knife a shot rang through and another, as he crumpled to the ground.

Sphere in hand, turns her attention back to the rabbit. Was his foot that badly injured?

"Just... Put that down. Please."

"You made this?"

"What's it to you?"

"Maybe something..."She holds the sphere away from him.
'Don't you dare start to care-'
"You need help...I know some some medical procedures. I can give you that help."
The words where out of her mouth before she realized it.

"Not... unless you... Put that damn thing down. I'll still shoot."

She gave an irritated sigh. "There isn't any reason I might not just take this and leave you here to your pain."

A sigh. "OW! Fine. But don't try anything."

She gently applied pressure to different parts of his foot."Son of a b****!"
"You broke this at one time didn't you? You didn't let it heal and the bone didn't grow right. Now you've twisted it again. No way your going anywhere far."

The Mobian staggered up with a groan and the help of a nearby wall. "Watch me." He limped away with his rifles out, but turns around. "I want my sphere back."

She thought for a moment.
"No. What your trying is brave, but stupid. You can barely walk. Your gonna kill yourself, that's not strength. I've seen it too many times. You think you own this war single handedly just because you can shoot a gun and..." She looked at the metal ball. "whatever this thing is. You can't come down here by yourself and start firing at anything that moves and expect-"

"Alright! I get it! God. But one thing. I'M in charge! You will follow me. I know where to hide."

"I beg to differ."

He started to limp off again as a patrol of E-pvt's and a few Mobians turn the corner. "S***! Throw the sphere!"

"What?!"

"The Ball! Throw it at their feet!" He ducked behind a trash can and the Riffle proceed to spit bullet shells.

She hesitated but did as he said. She chucked it at them and dives behind where he is hiding, half expecting it to blow up. It doesn't but her ears twitched down at the electrical screech it makes, a hertz that he couldn't hear.

"You can't take this all night, especially in rain. While we still have some cover we should go."

He got up again just to have his foot knock him over. "I'm... I'm fine. Let's just go."

"Oh for Peat's sake... no your not. Here, no excuses."
She slings one of his arms over her shoulder where she can carry him and he could still cover them.

"I have an idea where to go."  

izzabella11
Crew

High-functioning Nerd

Evangeline Darknote

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:04 am
Elle rested her eyes in the darkness of the tiny meadow. Near her a creek burbled, and rain splashed on her face. She fell back onto the soft grass, allowing the cool rain to refresh her. Laughter flitted in and out of her mind as she drifted into a memory.

"Okay now, Elle." Gregor said, positioning himself behind her and helping her aim the gun, "You've got to keep your eye on the target. Its important not to flinch when you pull the trigger. And be relaxed. Don't tense up. "

The beautifully wrought steel revolver was cold in Elle's hands, and she fingered the marble handle, afraid of the powerful blast. But, Gregor's body was warm and comforting. Elle took a deep breathe and tried to relax.

"I won't flinch." She promised, and eyed the glass bottle that was her target. She pulled the trigger and tried to keep her eyes open as she shot, but couldn't.

"Oh, dammit!" She yelled as she missed the bottle completely. Gregor chuckled as he pulled away from her. "Don't laugh!" She said, hopelessly. "I'll never be as good a shot as you."

"Don't be silly, Elle." Gregor said softly, turning her around to face him. "You'll be a great shot one day." He leaned in close, and pressed their foreheads together. Elle smiled slowly and closed her eyes as Gregor leaned in closer and closer...

Elle's eyes snapped open. She gulped down sadness and shook her head. At her side was Gregor's revolver. A constant reminder that her dear friend was dead.

"Oh Gregor.." She whispered, tracing her finger over his initials on the side. She picked up the scabbard that held her ancient longsword, a relic of her great great grandfather, and slid it onto her back.
Elle walked back to her camp, passing the familiar sign she had posted. It read:

"Bounty Hunter for Hire. Inquire Within."

There were several similar signs posted about town, on whatever clear wall Elle could find. She hoped this new village was a good move choice. She hated trekking the long miles from town to town.

She had gotten no requests as of late, due to the chaos that had recently been running rampant, but she was sure someone would come. Hopefully soon, because her funds were running low.

Sighing again, she paced about her camp, trying to escape the memories that haunted her.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:18 am
Weyetek climbed the last dune and looked toward the city Rapture. The city was the definition of pandemonium. He was exhausted, starved, and dehydrated, he needed nourishment and rest quick. He trudged into the city dragging his feet one after the other by sheer will. Nothing would stop him from getting his revenge, but it definitely had to be put on hold. He was starting to drift in and out of conciousness and stumbled into an alleyway between two apartment buildings. Soaked to the bone from the rain and the cold night air he felt inches from death. He had vastly underestimated the trek over the wastes and was dealing with the harsh consequences. He collapsed next to a dumpster and just before everything went black he heard voices nearby.

"Over here! Someone's hurt! Let's get him inside before the next patrol comes."

"He looks like he's been dead for days, but he's still breathing. Let's take him and see what the doc can do for him."

Weyetek mumbled incoherently as he was hoisted up and carried away into the night.  

Tasson

Puff O Puff

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:28 pm
His walk was unsteady and it looked as if he would fall at any minute, by all means he looked like a dead man. But unfortunatly, he was far from dead his heart was beating faster then most would think possible. his mind wanderd as he walked he couldnt think of the task at hand but of his past... his family, his notebook and even... Him. That notebook was everything to him his heart and soul had bled into those pages... and he had given away what was left of that glimmer of hope he had left. It was his story of how he had forsaken sanity to save the one he cared about most. He had given it to some one he didnt even know... and yet he felt fine about it. Others needed to know his name, it had all but been forgotten. It used to scare all those on the run but now it is used as if he was a myth. But enough of that he had a man to catch and the base mearly a block away... was were he would make those who had forgotten him remember.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:34 am
Robert limped back out into the street he had came from. He wasn't sure who this bat was, or why she insisted to help him. She must want something.

The silence was broken.
Where are we going?

We? Was this girl for real? He didn't want her around in the FIRST place. I'M going to an old hideout of mine. Don't expect to stay with me.

A patrol was checking the streets for citizens. Rob couldn't take this. His hometown was in ruin. But he wasn't strong enough to fight. But she is.

To your right!

She was quick on her feet, he'd give her that. She barely glanced to the side of her before she understood. Her pace quickened as she hid behind the buggy's remains, with Rob still with her.

Just...where is it? None of this town is safe and-

She had to keep talking. What does it matter to you? I said I don't need your help.

The bat didn't flinch even the slightest at his words.
Damn straight you do, and it's rare that I give it so just where the heck are you going.
Keep your voice down! The bat gave him a look that reminded him of what his mother's 'You're not fooling me.' look. Robert let out a sigh. Maybe. If I tell her, she'll just shut up. ...To an old warehouse, a few blocks from here. I just hope it's still standing.

This girl had issues with reaction, she paid no attention to his idea, she just kept on rambling.
Ya right, I wouldn't count on it. Your taking me with you.

Rob was already sick of her. Who was she to question him? You seriously think I'm an idiot, don't you?

Yet again, no reaction.
Maybe you are...

That was the final straw. She had no respect for him, and he was going to demand respect. If she would accuse him, he'd tell her just how smart he was. The warehouse has a freezer area, sort of hidden. I've built a detachable pulley that slides a wall right in front of it. As long as the army doesn... Yet the thought of the military made him cringe. Robert lokked up from behind the crushed buggy. The rain had already stopped the fire. Taking a glimpse around the scenery, he Maybe she knew something about this attack. While stepping up, Robert bit back a small yell. Why the f*** is the military doing this?

Who knows... It's not the same protective army, its a...

Robert stopped listening. There was other things at his attention. They walked behind another sidestreet while these thoughts raced through his mind. my city... This was going to be MY city! How can I prove myself if everything I'm after is destroyed. he gave a dark glance to the bat carrying him, still rambling. Who does she think she is? Is she trying to be a hero? He smirked as he still trudged. His foot's pain had started to cease. I am the hero. I don't need her... I think it's time I left her behind. They're just heartless monopolistic bastards.

He forgot the bat was talking to him. Whatever. That doesn't matter right now. You got my sphere?

With this. He saw the first bit of emotion get through her face. A smart-a** grin.
That's what's it called after all? Ha, your not very original...

She reached into the coat pocket the sphere was stored in, and without any hesitation, handed it to Robert. heh. Here we go. The moment the sphere was in his hand, Robert spun out of her hands. In one graceful spin, Rob was five feet in front of her, magnum out, and sphere stashed away. Not so tough now are you?.. Hero.

I don't need you to treat me like a child. I know what I'm doing! Maybe you should learn to leave people alone! just get her to walk away. She jumped back a bit out of shock. But besides that, no reaction. This b**** must have been through a lot. Why won't she move? Just leave! Though no matter how mch he screamed his thoughts at her, she wouldn't budge an inch. What do I do? He couldn't shoot her, could he? Are you going to shoot me? I'm deciding right now!?! It's like she knew what he was thinking, and Rob despised it.

He could feel his hatred toward her, the army, every living thing, welling up. A rage inside him that he had kept chained up for far to long. Just, shoot her. The bat slowly realized what he was about to do. He was about to do something drastic. Something that didn't need to be done. Something he could never turn back from. Yet, she wasn't worried. Robert couldn't take the feeling of anger, he wanted to break free from Mobius' stupid laws. The itch on the trigger was growing, pleading to be let out. But he wasn't fully convinced.bE... CaarEful. donT DOOO thiS. D0nT Do som3th1ng y0ul'l. rEgreT. A war was being fought inside him, and both sides were losing. There was no hope for him. He saw the bat's head over the glistening barrel of his gun. Her face whispering, 'you're better than this.' Though she seemed insecure, she didn't seem afraid for her life. Robert probably felt more terrrified than her. ShE... Doe... .....i.. ...... Rob couldn't bare to think anymore, because deep down, he knew he couldn't do it, couldn't let it out. So. He did what he normally did... Exploded. Sceamed like hell at whoever was around.

I've met countless people like you. Trying to be friendly, It's all a f****** LIE! You all always want something in return! You ALWAYS want to take the last bit of ANYTHING they have! Well I've HAD it! Don't try to be a f****** Hero! Got it? You'll run into people like me! I'LL End you HERE and NOW if you don't start walking the other way! I'll f****** blow your HEAD open! I'm not afraid to!!!

... If you haven't noticed, you are a kid and you're definatly ACTING like one being so ungrateful that-

Robert was to enraged to think. Only react. Bulls***! You want the sphere! I saw the way you were looking at it! It's MINE! You don't DESERVE it! If you want it, You'll have to take it from my cold, DEAD hands!

All of Robert's hard work was starting to pay off. The bat was getting angry, getting tired of him.
The f--?! Do you even realize your thinking the the same way as these solders are: only you? Are you so arrogant that you can't see help when it's three f****** feet in front of you?!!

His thoughts were coming back to him. He felt his mind returning. She's fed up with me. Just deliver the final blow. I told you to go the other way! Just start walking! Get the f*** out of my way! Robert chucked his magnum at her, not intended to hit her. It was a near miss though. She jumped a step to the left, having the gun soar over her shoulder.

The bat held her hands up in defense.
Fine. Just... fine. She took a few steps backwards before she crossed her arms in a pout and walked out of the sidestreet from where they had entered.

He was the winner. He had won the arguement. And don't come back. Looking up at the sky was the top of a special 'warehouse.' His foot was feeling better, getting pissed off at something always helped him. Robert picked up the pistol he had threw, and jogged toward the warehouse.

If I'm right, A patrol should be coming soon. Robert ran into another open road. Nothing. The streets were silent, well, besides the echo of war and the torrent of rainfall he could hear all around him. Still, no activity nearby. This is MY city. He dashed down the sidewalk to where the warehous supposedly was. One more corner and I'l- As he first ran around the final street corner, he heard many voices in conversation. So. Some a******'s still here. Army or survivor? Who am I kidding? Of course it's the military.

We shouldn't have let you talk us into this Joe. There's dead guys everywhere! I didn't sign up f-

Don't you ever shut up? Besides, Sarge said he'd try to call us out soon.

Robert laughed a bit. what a bunch of wimps. These guys won't be a problem. The group of idiots were standing right to the side of the warehouse entrance. He pulled his hoodie over his ears and crept behind a overturned car in the middle of the road as the morons kept on chatting.

I still think you're all losing it. I've been in conditions SO much worse than this. Did any of you see the attack on Darkroot? Now THAT was hell. I was on a lone patrol, searchi-

Searching for survivors, when all of a sudden, a SWARM of men flanked me! I WAS TRAPPED. They carried me to-

Will you cut that out! It's a great story. You just have to ruin it EVERY time I f****** tell it!

Shut up Dave. Nobody cares!

These guys are retards! Rob couldn't help but laugh at them. He had time to keep listening. So why not?

Guys? did you hear that?

Hear what?

That laugh... It was coming fro-

Joe. You're overreacting.

No I'm not! it was coming from over there!

Oh s***. They're talking about me.

You sure?

Of course he isn't-

Of course I am!

Okay then. How about I take a look? You know, so you don't piss your pants.

F*** you.

Oh great. I can't come out of hiding now, I guess I'l-

HELLO THER-AUGH! There's a f****** KID back here! Guys!

The look on the black fox's face proved he never went to Darkroot. He was just another chicken s*** rookie. Everybody else was running to see what he was talking about. Perfect. I was hoping these guys could've lived.

What do we do?

Capture him!

Before the others had a chance to see him, Rob fired a shot at the stunned fox, which pierced straight through his forehead. The fox's body fell lifelessly to the ground as the sound rang through the street and his colleagues stared in amazment.

Oh God... He shot Dave...

Rob sprang up from behind the car and had his first chance to see the stooges. The brown squirrel- who was as scared as hell -looked like a good one to threaten. Yet. The others looked just as traumatized. They don't need to die. Listen up! Whoever runs this instant, won't end up like Dave.

Nobody moved. Poor bastards. They were to petrified to hear him. The sight of their friend with a hold clean through his face was to much for them. Still. Robert wasn't one who ENJOYED taking a life. ...unlike him He gave them a final chance to save themselves.

You hear me! Get out of here or I kill each of you!

That got them thinking. Without anymore hesitation, the three ran for their lives. A sad excuse for soldiers. Running from a child.

Robert glanced at 'Dave' for a moment. I killed him. He looked at his gun. His, 'tool.' He had brought final judgement upon a man. Not like I haven't before. He couldn't comfort himself. No matter how hard he tried, this thought will never leave him. A nearly innocent man... Robert ran into the warehouse, trying to escape the corpse.

He ran through the beat down building, Rob knew exactly where to go. Up the stairs, to the right, through the third door on the left, onto the balcony. It was amazing he remembered. Robert checked the wall on the right side of the balcony. It's still here.

On the rail was a small rope with a hook on the end of it. Rob picked it up and turned to the small handle above the door he had entered through. With a few tries, he sent the hook perfectly through it. He yanked backwards and to the left as a chunk of the wall slided with the handle, Exposing a dark hole and yet another handle on the top of the new entrance. A hook through that one brought down a rope ladder. Rob climbed while the thought of Dave hammered at his concience. He didn't have to die. Once in the cavern, he pulled up the ladder, reached for a screwdriver, and unbolted the handle from the sliding wall. He turned on a lantern in the near left corner of the room after he'd closed the entrance with a second handle on the inside.

The hiseout was larger than perceived from the outside. He had long ago taken out the entire freezer system, but the place was still chilling to the bone. A heater was installed by who else, Which was the next thing he turned on. A desk was on the left side of the room, on it was a bag of biscuits and bottles of water, and plenty of them. Enough- as he had estimated -to feed four people for aproximately two weeks on minimal rations. In the far right corner was half a matress. It was impossible to fit an entire matress through the door. Plus, he was short enough to fit on it. A blanket or two were laying around the matress. Dirty, but still warmth none the less. Robert paced over to another lantern on the side of the matress. There were no windows, absolutely no way for light to get in, or out. Yet a good supply of air could always find it's way in.

Robert curled up in a blanket while he enjoyed a two year old biscuit. It was as stale as a rock with diamond casing, yet filling. He could hear the rain pattering the roof. It's still raining. it sounded hard too. The constant sound was, soothing.

Robert layed on the matress while trying to clear his head. It had been quite a day. Probably the hardest day of his life. It's only going to get harder from here on out. He wouldn't deny it. Dave... Rest in peace. I'm sorry. Robert felt himself drifting off. I'll have to be tougher. I'm in for the fight of my life. No doubt. I'll kill or be killed. I'll save what's left. He shut his eyes.

This is MY city.

TrivialCipher
Vice Captain

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ehrinn

Versatile Guildsman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:29 pm
The hedgehog's sword sparked slightly as the metals scraped across one another. He felt the push of the weapon against his own momentum. "I... am not a pawn!" The creature lept back, away from him and, in doing so, pushed Nevermore backwards slightly. "The only pawn I see here is you!" The hedgehog ran at Nevermore, going for the opening he had created on the left side. This would be a good move against another mobian. However, Nevermore was confident it would not work against a robot. He opened his left hand to catch the blade. "Antipositional...Zokusuji... a crude line of play. It would seem you've never fought one of my kind." My metallic form, combined with the extra defense of my tungsten gauntlets, will easily stop any sword I've ever known about. He pushed back the creature with his left hand and gave himself some distance from him. But, in doing so, he noticed that his fingers on the left hand were malfunctioning.

Nevermore looked down at his hand and diagnosed the problem; his finger joints were crushed, even through the tungsten gauntlets. In fact, judging from the impact, had the gauntlets not been there, his fingers would no longer be attached. "It would seem I've underestimated the strength of your joseki. Your moves were actually the optimal choice given the circumstances." Steam came from the end of his hand as he released it to the ground. It splashed slightly in the mud below. It was no longer of use to him and therefore only got in the way. A small sacrifice for the knowledge of the power of his blade. His system ran an analysis of the correct word choice for such a sacrifice. "Yosu-miru.... a sacrifice of a stone, but is designed to yield a very sophisticated kind of information about a developing group and how best to attack it, based on its response." I get the feeling that the mobian is not liking the fact that I am trying to connect with him through the use of strategic games. But I desire to learn more about this creature. Is he the only one of his kind?

"I'll take the offensive once more then." A small canister was dropped from Nevermore's cloak, that emitted plumes of white smoke. The smoke grenade had quickly surrounded the area around the two in dense smoke, being cut only by the drops of rain that poured from the sky above. I'm going to have to gain an advantage if I am to win without taking anymore damage. His vision was not blocked in any way by the smoke, as his eyes could see the mobian's heat signature quite clearly. Nevermore used the cover of the smoke to launch his next attack. His footsteps would not be heard as his entire purpose of being created was stealth. He crouched low as he neared the creature. The only sounds to be heard was the pitter patter of rain hitting the ground and the slight breathing of the mobian. As he closed their gap to a few feet, he lept in the air level with the mobian's waist and swung the hammer end of his weapon at the mobian's right leg.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:02 am
Titan stalked through the streets of rapture,searching for escaped prisoners that had fled into the maze of city streets.He was starting to lose hope of finding them when gunshots and explosions erupted in the distance.He wasted no time but took of in their direction,which was difficult due to the fact that there were plenty of buildings between him and them.When he got there he was amazed at the amount of carnage.He had figured that the resistance was mostly supressed by now,but apparently that wasn't the case.And another thing,all the dead were either bots or soldiers in the army,not one dead rebel in the area.He snorted in disgust,how the hell had the rebels done it,especially the bots that were dead without a single bullet hole.He studied the area for several minutes,trying to picture what had happened in his head.Then he quickly turned towards the sound of a gunshot a short distance away.He decided it was worth checking out and headed that way.As he walked he thought,I just want this damn day to be over,get on to the next freakin fight,maybe that one'll be better.He came upon the scene of the latest gunshot and stared for a moment at the dead soldier,frustrated at the continual absense of rebels,it hasn't been long,he thought,maybe they're hiding somewhere,at least he hoped they were.He began scanning the buildings around him with infrared and he intensified his hearing to pick up any quiet noises around him.His eyes were rewarded with multiple life signs,and he could hear the whimpering of mobians not to far off.He would've smiled then at the thought that came into his head if he could've.Any of them could've been the one to kill all these soldiers,and they could'nt have any potential rebels living in the city now could they.With that he turned and leveled one arm at one of the buildings holding potential rebels,he chuckled as he fired off a stream of grenades into the building,simultaniously he fired off the last of his rockets into two more buildings,sending shattered masonry flying.A moment later he scanned those areas again and nodded in satisfaction,three down,he looked around,and five to go,this was gonna be fun.  

Daladane1991

crazyC0llec70r

Dapper Humorist

10,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:46 pm
He took a few steps back as the robotic avian pushed against his blade. He underestimates that sword. Ronin readied himself into a defensive position. This robot had proved to be unpredictable, at least with his current understanding of the machine's tactics. Ronin smirked as the raven paused for a moment to examine its hand. Every moment the raven was not attacking was another moment he had to build his energy. Not long now.

The splash of the raven's hand in the water drew Ronin's attention to an important fact: he would need to cause a very large amount of structural damage to this machine to effect its fighting capability enough to give him a real advantage. I just need a few more seconds... He had almost regained enough energy to launch a real attack. He just had to hold out until then.

Ronin watched as the smoke grenade clattered against the ground. It made an annoying hissing sound as it emitted its contents. A smoke screen. This could be bad. Can't rely on my eyes anymore. Ronin shut his eyes against the offensive smoke. It wasn't thick enough to affect his breathing, but being unable to see reduced his capabilities a great deal.

He could feel the pulse of energy coming from the machine. He smirked again. Whatever was powering this thing was giving away its position. He did not allow his movements to betray his new found knowledge. He began to focus the energy he had gathered into his left hand. he didn't have the time to charge anything that would guarantee a victory for him, so he would have to hope that his next attack would hit.

The robot leaped forward. The movement was aiming towards his right leg. Ronin jumped off to his left, around the machine's right side. Ronin kept his eyes closed. The smoke was still enough to hamper his vision and irritate his eyes. And now he knew he did not need them. "A smoke screen won't work on this hedgehog, Hoody." The energy continued to build up in his hand. It was becoming difficult to keep his hand from shaking. The energy wanted to be released.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:57 am
Weyetek snapped awake and sat up boltright as he looked around the room. Where am I? The small apartment that he woke up in looked cozy considering the mayhem going on outside. With that thought he suddenly remembered his purpose and started to stand up when a hand sat him back down.

"Stay there, young fox. Let me make sure you're okay." A large cat made him sit back down and checked him out.

"Where am I? What happened?" He said as she put an ice cold stethoscope to his chest. When he flinched she laughed.

"We found you out in the alley and brought you inside, we thought you were dead. That is my son and I. Alright, you seem to be doing better, try to stand and take a few steps." She stayed close in case he needed support.

"I'm fine, but can I have a glass of water? I'm so thirsty." She handed him a large glass but it was empty in seconds. He made a gesture as if to say thank you. He then realized that his weapons were missing.

"Calm down, they're right here. You have beautiful weaponry." The cat stroked the handle of the tomahawks as she handed them back. She looked as if she wanted to ask a question but was afraid to.

"Thank you." he said awkwardly. "What is it?" He saw the look on her face and knew she wanted something.

"Well, I've never met anyone like you. I mean, I've heard of the tribes of Darkroot but we've never had anybody come way out here. Why did you risk the wastes? No one has ever survived that trek alone." She looked at him and noticed the fox in front of her look down as tears struck her floor like solemn raindrops.

"The tribes of Darkroot are no more, I'm the last survivor. I'm here to avenge the death of my people, of my father, of my land. I will find whoever did this, and I will make them pay greatly for what they've done." He met the cat's gaze and stopped crying. "I have to go, thank you for everything." Weyetek's ear twitched as he finishes his sentence.

"Thank yo-" She was cut short by the fox covering her mouth and whispering in her ear.

"They're here, hide! I will fight them off. Is your son safe?"

"Yes, he's with another group of rebels." She opened the closet next to the bed and hid herself inside.

As the door was thrown open two mobian soldiers stepped inside. Weyetek threw one of his axes and hit the first directly in the neck, severing his brain stem and leaving him dead. The second charged with a large hammer and swung at weyetek's left leg but he jumped over the swing and brought his tomahawks down on either side of the mobian's head, driving them deep into his shoulders. The soldier screamed as the fox brought himself to eye level with the enemy. "May the other world have more mercy on you than I have." The mobian fell dead from loss of blood as Weyetek removed his tomahawks and collected his axe from the first soldier. "It's safe now. You can come out." He wiped his weapons off on the uniforms of the soldiers.

"Thank you so much, they would have killed me on sight. I owe you my life." She hugged him after he put his weapons away. When she pulled away he was staring at her.

"You owe me nothing ma'am, now I must leave. Go to your son and give him my deepest thanks." Weyetek turned and left the cat standing in awe of the fox that saved her life. He walked out into the alley and felt the rain splash on his face as he turned to ontho the street and noticed how empty it was, the street lights that were still standing however would make his prey easier to see. He walked out into the street with only one thing on his mind. "I will avenge you, father."  

Tasson

TrivialCipher
Vice Captain

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:44 pm
A slight booming noise awoke Rob from his short-lived nightmare. The thoughts of Dave's body lying in the street made him tremble as he reached for a lantern. He felt the freezer tremble a little under his feet. Still groggy and terrified, the quake to him wasn't as powerful as it should've been. What was that? Rob remembered the rain pouring outside. Probably just thunder.

The storm must have been raging. The walls of the freezer were pretty thick, nearly sound-proof. A sound nearly never got through these walls. Rob got up out of bed, in a state of half-sleep. He felt awkward, he felt. Rob's drowsiness made it hard to find the word. Looking down at his clothes, he remembered what to say. Ugh, I'm Soaked!

Rob jumped off the bed the moment he realized he was still in his waterlogged clothes. He'd forgotten to take them off before falling asleep. Now his matress had an enormous wet blotch in the center. Great. Just... Never mind. I gotta get out of these. Rob remembered the spare blanket in the corridor/war room around the corner of the back wall. Looks like I'm sleeping in the back room tonight. He made his way to the heater as he took off his sweatshirt and layed it on the top of it. He was nearly awake, but already felt better. The water drenching his fur and clothes seemed to dissipate as he remembered the times he had had in the 'freezer.' So, long ago.

TDC Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff