Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
(TOPIC CLOSED!) Low On Chakra: Has America Ruined Naruto? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the American dubbed version?
  Yes
  No
View Results

squalltheknight

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:57 pm
Mr.Blik
The dub sucks..I prefer the sub much more.Heh,my parents watch Naruto and they also agree.Haha.

Here is my review for when the dub was first shown..I was kinda pissed.^^;
:

Naruto Dub review*

Yuck,I kept remembering 'Luffy' when naruto talked.Sometimes it'll change too..Not to mention he sounds like a hillbilly.They screwed up the main character.And the pronouciations of his name and everything else pretty much sucked.
The editing and changing of the OP/ED songs really pissed me off.
I don't see how blood squirting out of ebisu,Irukas,and hokages nose counted as violence.
I mean when he 'flew' off it looked fake,There wasn't no blood!It also looked even worse!Like they were jacking off.Also did they think it was cool to be a bunch of dumbasses and change the OP/ED songs?!They just cut out a bunch of clips from eps and inserted some theme there.
I liked "Rocks" and "Wind" not to mention its good and the original one.
They just changed it because they didn't like it.Not because of copyright.
Damn bitches.
to make it short...i totally agree with you  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:31 pm
I too feel the same way as the author...its just sad how they ruined a great anime show like Naruto...thank god for my friends who let me borrow the japanese dubbed Naruto! ^^ razz  

Crazy_Fox007

Atomic_Bomb_45

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:44 pm
Well, America ruins most Japanese animes, you have to learn to deal with it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:46 pm
But i don't have to worry, I download Japanese episodes, so it's fine with me! biggrin  

Atomic_Bomb_45

[[Wrath]]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:51 pm
i'm sooo ahead in the series that i don't even bother watching it, Belive it! xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:26 pm
I prefer the manga over everything else, because that is why I had first. The kissing scene was there when I saw that episode in English, so I'm confused. What I really dislike are these things that I have seen/heard. Beleive It, but there is not so much of that, Thunder Blade, which is a Yu Gi Oh card and a Digimon atack, and the fact that Zabuza did not take Gato's head off with the kunai, it looked so much cooler then the repeated stabbings.  

Ismaru the Windsoul

AZNpyro04

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:23 pm
Oh man...

Just...their voices...and the constant "Believe it!"...urgh...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:40 am
Crazy_Fox007
I too feel the same way as the author...its just sad how they ruined a great anime show like Naruto...thank god for my friends who let me borrow the japanese dubbed Naruto! ^^ razz

And for the fandubs of the Japanese version almost all over the net
by internet goers who feel the same way about it as we seem to. ^__^

Reticence

Sakunomiya

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:26 pm
Editing wise; Naruto is one of the more racy animes I've seen and in my opinion, I think they should've put it on Adult Swim. THEN none of the blood would have to be cut out.

As for voices...I don't even know. NO ONE'S VOICE FITS ON THAT SHOW. Japanese people have smaller, more emotion filled voices in anime. American voice actors just kinda say the lines & hope they get an reaction. I wonder if the American voice actors have even WATCHED the show...I think it'd help if they'd watch the show w/ subs & kinda understand what was being said. It seems to me that they're just talking. It's annoying.

As for the catchphrase...SEE. Most of us don't directly understand Japanese. We read what's being said & after watching Naruto for ages, 'dattebayo' sounds EXTREMELY normal, right? There's no way I'll ever get used to 'Believe it!' Because I understand english & he says it at bad times. It's hard to explain, really. But I don't like the dubs, but I watch them because it's the only way I can see Naruto on TV. I don't know whereto get the DVDs with the Japanese voices that aren't Region 2. So its my only resort.

Plus...the new Naruto fans at my school bug me hardcore. They watch it 'cause Sasuke's 'sooo kyoote.' Gag.......=

I'm not bashing on all dubs...I love the FMA dub, actually. But I just don't think you get the same emotion once it's translated. I mean! I can't imagine watching Spongebob in Japanese, you know? It'd be weird. I rather watch anime & read subtitles then to not even totally grasp the emotion the creator was trying to bring across.

((Sorry that was so long but I have big opinions about Naruto. LMAO))  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:07 pm
Sunas
Editing wise; Naruto is one of the more racy animes I've seen and in my opinion, I think they should've put it on Adult Swim. THEN none of the blood would have to be cut out.

As for voices...I don't even know. NO ONE'S VOICE FITS ON THAT SHOW. Japanese people have smaller, more emotion filled voices in anime. American voice actors just kinda say the lines & hope they get an reaction. I wonder if the American voice actors have even WATCHED the show...I think it'd help if they'd watch the show w/ subs & kinda understand what was being said. It seems to me that they're just talking. It's annoying.

As for the catchphrase...SEE. Most of us don't directly understand Japanese. We read what's being said & after watching Naruto for ages, 'dattebayo' sounds EXTREMELY normal, right? There's no way I'll ever get used to 'Believe it!' Because I understand english & he says it at bad times. It's hard to explain, really. But I don't like the dubs, but I watch them because it's the only way I can see Naruto on TV. I don't know whereto get the DVDs with the Japanese voices that aren't Region 2. So its my only resort.

Plus...the new Naruto fans at my school bug me hardcore. They watch it 'cause Sasuke's 'sooo kyoote.' Gag.......=

I'm not bashing on all dubs...I love the FMA dub, actually. But I just don't think you get the same emotion once it's translated. I mean! I can't imagine watching Spongebob in Japanese, you know? It'd be weird. I rather watch anime & read subtitles then to not even totally grasp the emotion the creator was trying to bring across.

I totally agree with you about the voices. It sounds unnatural. When you talk, you don't normally sound like that...

And ugh. Fangirls...at school...it was hard enough dealing with them over forums on the internet, but now face-to-face...and I used to know those people, too! crying  

AZNpyro04

Sakunomiya

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:26 pm
AznPyro04
Sunas

I totally agree with you about the voices. It sounds unnatural. When you talk, you don't normally sound like that...

And ugh. Fangirls...at school...it was hard enough dealing with them over forums on the internet, but now face-to-face...and I used to know those people, too! crying

Oh yeah, exactly! I mean, I understand when that happens with bands but I never thought I'd have to worry about fangirls within anime fans! Its so crazy...you know how you're within a group & you all give yourself character names? Well 1 of my friends were like "LOLOLOL IM GAARA!" and I asked them "Do you know who Gaara is/what he looks like/ANYTHING?" "Uh, no..." My Lord. And I love Gaara so I was highly offended. So no one at my school can claim Gaara, Sasuke, or Itachi 'cause no one can be as emotionally detached as they are and still be in high school. LMAO  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:29 am

I saw an 8 year old boy with the same Kohona shirt on as me the other day. And thus, my heart was broken. But I know what you mean when it comes to the whole "Whee! Im a Ninja, my name? Some... Sasuke dude to whom I dont know anything about and love because his hair is all nice and pointy in the back" which is basically what my brother tends to announce every time I come home, dressed in my cosplaying outfit...

XD

Reticence

pinoyidol2006

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:43 pm
the english dubbed version was meant for Americans who have never seen Naruto, and I got their opinions and it wasn't that bad at all

CN can't possibly use the Japanese voices, because it'd sound wakward, with the Japanese-accent english.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:23 pm
xavy_sangabriel
CN can't possibly use the Japanese voices, because it'd sound wakward, with the Japanese-accent english.

Well.. Of Course.  

Reticence

final_hiroshi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Reticence
Low On Chakra | Has America Ruined Naruto?
Toonami and its Affect on the Hit Series [Reticence 2005]

Reticence

*Note--> First off let me say that I am well aware that there is a forum for the discussion on the Toonami release of Naruto. Although that is so, I have posted here for the simple fact that this is a much wider subject and I have become hopeful in getting some solid feedback from a post I take quite seriously... (Done On Notepad. Pardon Spelling Errors)

From the Beginning.
- - - - -
Ever since Naruto debuted on my birthday (September 10th) I have been watching it from time to time, only to turn off the TV in a near disgust as I ponder how I managed to sit through what had been a tormenting 30 minutes of an American attempt at a Japanese masterpiece. I have given the new Dub a chance, really I have, but after being a fan of the Japanese version for such a long time (and viewing every episode at least twice), I just couldnt stand sitting in front of the television only to watch one of my favorite series get torn apart in front of my eyes...

What Were They Thinking?
- - - - -
Although this is strictly my opinion, and completely worthless to some that might read this, I have found that this is the ultimate reaction to the American edited series that I get from most of my friends online and off. On my birthday we all sat there and watched eagerly upon the first and second episodes (against a few wills) to what turned out to be a full hour of laughing our heads off... Not prepared enough to believe what our ears were being served from the comonly loved Japanese Animation before us. I do love the fact that America has adopted Naruto. Soon to make it easier to get new item releases, figurines, and costume accesories without selling your soul to Ebay or waiting a year for your posessions to arrive from Overseas (bot to mention the future release of a long awaited official DVD set loaded with extras and Japanese dubbing included). My other thought was the simple possibility of it becoming the next Pokemon or YuGiOh. DBZ was as big as ever in its time and still ranks today, but I just hope that Naruto's new found popularity isnt condemned to the commonly younger age group watching.

No Gore? Sounds Boring.
- - - - -
One of the things that hit me hardest, was the fact that they were to remove most of the scenes and attributes to this series that I found most entertaining. Argument 1... The "Kissing Scene" was removed from the American dub, and replaced by a cheesey freeze frame and awkward sound affect. This not only angered the Yaoi fans out there, but it took away one of the bits of humor that Im sure hooked a good percent of viewers everywhere. I can see how someone could be offended by that here in America, but not only did it last nothing short of a few seconds, it was a major hot factor that has only inspired most of the popular Naruto Yaoi today.

Argument 2... Haku. If you are familiar with this character (as most of you should be), you probably already know that there has been some question as to the story of his girlish charm. Some have even gone as far as to ask if he is really not a she, but for the sake of Yaoi I know better (Lol). American dubbers have seen this as an issue and have tried taken steps to correcting this, but only made it worse when the voice of Haku was in fact. A girls voice. I was shocked... I was expecting a manly voice to kill off the building confusion. Even the possibility of making him a girl so the relationship between Zabuza and Haku was a less controversial one. (Feed back on these arguments most welcome...)

And of course. Argument 3... Where did the blood go? If you are a fan of the original anime and manga, you have probably become familiar with the frequently bloody scenes in almost any episode. Anywhere from a battle gone bad, to the occasional nose bleed (A favorite of mine) have all been cut down to a very strict point. If the blood isnt on a piece of clothing or object, or if it is simply too much to be shown (like on every nose bleed scene) then it has most likely been cut and hidden from the viewing public. This was one of Toonami's down-falls in my eyes. I knew that if they put it on a prime time showing block that there would come many restrictions on to which they can allow the public to see... And that has take it's toll for sure.

Dont Get Me Wrong...
- - - - -
My love for Naruto has not dulled one bit, in fact, ever since the American release I have been buying more items and watched the Japanese versions over and over again, probably in hopes of erasing the American voices. Haha. But by taking in the simple fact that I felt I needed to post here once again, and that there was just too much on my mind to keep to myself, I have taken a step to post my opinions and concerns on here in order to obtain feedback from others that have seen it the same way, or even get a few bashers in here that hate an open mind. Never the less... I honor you for taking the time to reading my ramblings and look forward to your replies. In short. Thanks.

[R][E][T][I][C][E][N][C][E]
i really hope naruto doesn't become like pokemon even though there will be much more stuff it will stuff up the whole thing.... plus some people don;t even relise wat naruto started from a manga... i wish they could of put it on adult swim even though i would have to stay up i would get to see the kiss scene and the blood and guts.....
i was insulted by so called new naruto fans in my class who can't say the names right and one of the boyz in my class thinks naruto came is american this really makes me sad how a masterpiece like naruto can be turned into something like this.....  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff