Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Discourse

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who wish to occasionally find refuge from the GD and ED forums 

Tags: conversation, debate 

Reply Gaian Discourse
Should fathers have a say in abortion? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does a man have a say in the abortion of his child?
  Yes
  No
  Depends.
View Results

MayIHelpYou22102

5,350 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:40 pm
Silver Screen
MayIHelpYou22102
Silver Screen
This thread seriously makes me wish everybody was born sterile and in labs so no one had to worry about unwanted pregnancies because this s**t is just depressing. I get so angry just thinking about the kind of emotional pain a guy can go through just because his child is growing inside somebody else's body. That's totally ******** up.
"What disturbs me more are the twelve- sixteen year old girls around my house poking holes in condoms and "skipping" their birth control pills to trick a guy into getting them pregnant.

That and the new trend in "birth control" where you have unprotected sex and just have an abortion when you get pregnant. (This is where the idea for this topic came up). I live in New York and this has been common. The thing is, there are good men out there that would raise the child and are devastated when they get the news their girlfriends have abortions.
"

I'm generally a very accepting person when it comes to a difference in opinion but I cannot for the life of me understand how someone could think a man has absolutely no say in the fate of his own ******** unborn child. That is ludicrous.
"I say it depends on the man. There are men out there that shouldn't be near any child let alone raise his own. Also, If a man wants the child that a woman who doesn't is carrying, I think he should pamper her. This way he takes care of the baby from outside the womb. Also, it may give a woman a reason not to abort while the man isn't there."

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:12 pm
MayIHelpYou22102
Silver Screen
MayIHelpYou22102
Silver Screen
This thread seriously makes me wish everybody was born sterile and in labs so no one had to worry about unwanted pregnancies because this s**t is just depressing. I get so angry just thinking about the kind of emotional pain a guy can go through just because his child is growing inside somebody else's body. That's totally ******** up.
"What disturbs me more are the twelve- sixteen year old girls around my house poking holes in condoms and "skipping" their birth control pills to trick a guy into getting them pregnant.

That and the new trend in "birth control" where you have unprotected sex and just have an abortion when you get pregnant. (This is where the idea for this topic came up). I live in New York and this has been common. The thing is, there are good men out there that would raise the child and are devastated when they get the news their girlfriends have abortions.
"

I'm generally a very accepting person when it comes to a difference in opinion but I cannot for the life of me understand how someone could think a man has absolutely no say in the fate of his own ******** unborn child. That is ludicrous.
"I say it depends on the man. There are men out there that shouldn't be near any child let alone raise his own. Also, If a man wants the child that a woman who doesn't is carrying, I think he should pamper her. This way he takes care of the baby from outside the womb. Also, it may give a woman a reason not to abort while the man isn't there."
I say it depends on the woman. There are women out there that shouldn't be near any child let alone raise her own. Who can most easily harm the unborn child in countless more ways before it is born to the man? As an immature "******** you" because of the man caring about his unborn child?

See what I did there? Giving males too much control will result in ******** up things as well, just like giving females too much control.

It's too ******** risky to give either a say really. So either they need to choose on one or the other based on complete agreement, sealed in contract upon discovery or have their choice revoked for being short sighted idiots who did not decide what would happen previously.  

magmayoshi

Dapper Mage

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 11:18 am
magmayoshi
MayIHelpYou22102
Silver Screen
MayIHelpYou22102
Silver Screen

"

I say it depends on the woman. There are women out there that shouldn't be near any child let alone raise her own. Who can most easily harm the unborn child in countless more ways before it is born to the man? As an immature "******** you" because of the man caring about his unborn child?

See what I did there? Giving males too much control will result in ******** up things as well, just like giving females too much control.

It's too ******** risky to give either a say really. So either they need to choose on one or the other based on complete agreement, sealed in contract upon discovery or have their choice revoked for being short sighted idiots who did not decide what would happen previously.
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:10 pm
magmayoshi
MayIHelpYou22102
Silver Screen
MayIHelpYou22102
Silver Screen

"

"That's a good point but we're talking about the issue of a man's say. I think the argument is just as good in a woman's case as a mans. "

MayIHelpYou22102

5,350 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:36 pm
Why don't we just render all people boarderline sterile. Then, if they do manage to conceive, they won't want to kill it.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:34 am
if only contraception worked in reverse...if only we were all sterile and had to make an effort to become fertile through condoms etc...much easier.  

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

Kuchen Fairy

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:30 am
black_wing_angel
Why don't we just render all people boarderline sterile. Then, if they do manage to conceive, they won't want to kill it.

If only that would be the case... I can't imagine that's going to stop people from wanting to kill their kid.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:52 am
Silver Screen
black_wing_angel

If only that would be the case... I can't imagine that's going to stop people from wanting to kill their kid.

Well, maybe not, but it would still be better.  

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100

GREEEEEEEEEEEN

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:54 pm
I think abortion should be illegal, so this question is kind of void to me.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:22 pm
GREEEEEEEEEEEN

High five, sista.  

Kuchen Fairy

GREEEEEEEEEEEN

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:26 pm
Silver Screen
GREEEEEEEEEEEN

High five, sista.
Back atcha, homie. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:48 am
GREEEEEEEEEEEN
Silver Screen
GREEEEEEEEEEEN

High five, sista.

just come from your other thread - perhaps the ease with which you proclaim that has something to do with your being asexual and dating an asexual respectively?  

village midget

Fanatical Smoker

black_wing_angel
Vice Captain

Blessed Rogue

10,775 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:39 am
GREEEEEEEEEEEN
Silver Screen
GREEEEEEEEEEEN

High five, sista.

Show me some five-finger love, baby!

translation = high five!  
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:58 am
village midget
GREEEEEEEEEEEN
Silver Screen
GREEEEEEEEEEEN

High five, sista.

just come from your other thread - perhaps the ease with which you proclaim that has something to do with your being asexual and dating an asexual respectively?
I'm not dating anyone?  

GREEEEEEEEEEEN

GREEEEEEEEEEEN

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:59 am
black_wing_angel
GREEEEEEEEEEEN
Silver Screen
GREEEEEEEEEEEN

High five, sista.

Show me some five-finger love, baby!

translation = high five!
lawlrus.

*HIGH 5's!*

Gaian Discourse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers