Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fallout 3

Back to Guilds

The Original Fallout 3 Guild. 

Tags: Fallout, fallout 3, vault boy, vault, original 

Reply Fallout 3
Debate : Brotherhood Of Steel - Brotherhood Outcasts. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who Do You Pick??
Brotherhood Of Steel
44%
 44%  [ 32 ]
Brotherhood Outcast
43%
 43%  [ 31 ]
God Bless The Enclave!!
12%
 12%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 72

Dona Amora de Crema

Shy Gawker

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:49 pm
Hmmmm, thats a hard question, but i side with the Elder Lyons

However, that doesnt mean that I do not agree with Paladin Casdin.
Searching for more technology is important but helping other people is also important. (although i ended up killing all of the outcasts).

I think both the outcasts and Elder Lyons have goals that are worth pursuing and attaining.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:21 pm
pkmaster13
Hmmmm, thats a hard question, but i side with the Elder Lyons

However, that doesnt mean that I do not agree with Paladin Casdin.
Searching for more technology is important but helping other people is also important. (although i ended up killing all of the outcasts).

I think both the outcasts and Elder Lyons have goals that are worth pursuing and attaining.

Kill all the Outcasts!? thats inhuman! whyyyy?  

XxCrimson_ShinobixX
Vice Captain

Ruthless Hunter

14,475 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150

Holly Hocked

Dapper Lunatic

7,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:29 am
i side with the wastelanders lol the brotherhood dosent realy care about us avrage wastelanders they care about the tech not us and the enclave tried to kill everyone in dc o.o so the everyday wastelander is who i side with i dont trust the brotherhood  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:55 am
Leonardo Noir
i side with the wastelanders lol the brotherhood dosent realy care about us avrage wastelanders they care about the tech not us and the enclave tried to kill everyone in dc o.o so the everyday wastelander is who i side with i dont trust the brotherhood

Well its more or less with the Brotherhood Of Steel since Elder Lyons made their objectives helping wastelanders first. Right?  

XxCrimson_ShinobixX
Vice Captain

Ruthless Hunter

14,475 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Survivor 150

A Flying Punk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:34 pm
I like working with the Brotherhood, but the Outcast's armor looks cooler. But then again, In the Operation: Anchorage DLC, They perform a coup, so trust may be a problem if you side with the Outcasts.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:11 am
I personally sway more towards BOS but I find the Outcast to be more beneficial. Henry Casdin offers infinite Scrap Metal XD  

Little Hatsuko

Romantic Flatterer

7,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Roane Farhall

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:37 pm
PokemawnzMastah
I like working with the Brotherhood, but the Outcast's armor looks cooler. But then again, In the Operation: Anchorage DLC, They perform a coup, so trust may be a problem if you side with the Outcasts.

Technically, the guys that staged the coup were staying true to the goals of the Brotherhood. They had found a good bunch of Tech, and their captain is offering some guy from the wasteland first pick. What would you do if a bunch of your friends died while looking for the place, then even more of them died defending it from super mutants, only to have some random dude walk in and take away the reason for you being there in the first place?  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:42 am
i side with the new brotherhood of steel the outcasts treat you like dirt i shot their base with the fatman  

rocket1235

Psychedelic Cowpoke

Versatile Fatcat

3,950 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:24 pm
Haratio TaFotter
I think this could wind of being a very fun discussion.

Anyway, both have very valid points, but I kinda lean more towards Lyon's Brotherhood. I think its pretty important to save the technological progress of humanity, but it doesn't make much sense to say such progress should be saved for those who are in the Brotherhood and the Brotherhood alone. Besides, the Brotherhood has been advancing east in the search for technology all the way from California; by the time they reached the Capital Wasteland, I would say that they're pretty much found everything technical that they are going to find, and that they should change their focus to helping the people of the watseland. The Outcasts, in furthering the ideals of the original Brotherhood, are really no better than the Enclave.

i agree but i still think they both have good motives but elder lyons are much better the outcast are pretty good but elder lyons helps alot more so i go Elder Lyons  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:28 pm
Aaah, this is a question I've asked myself multiple times when trying to decide who to focus on helping more. In the end boh groups have their merits, however, there are some things that give the BoS a bit of an advantage. Let's start with a summary of both groups.

The Brotherhood of Steel run by Eldar Lyons is mostly focused on helping the wastelanders in the Capital Wasteland. Though they have certainly not abandoned the search for new technology, it has decreased in importance.

The Outcasts however have stuck strictly with the original BoS code of finding technology at all costs, and helping others is only a secondary matter. Though they are not directly opposed to helping others, they aren't going to do so at the risk of the tech they have acquired, or may yet acquire.

Now, Elder Lyons and his Brotherhood members have one distinct advantage over the Outcasts. And that is that the more you help people, the more willing those people will be to help you. While the Outcasts would probably never trust a wastelander to take up their power armor and fight with them, Elder Lyons would gladly take new recruits and have them help the BoS in BOTH of their objectives. Also, the more you help people, the more likely they are to tell you of stuff, or even give you technology they find. Does that wastelander know about a secret Enclave cache of power armor and weapons? Well he sure won't tell you if you threaten him with weapons every time he approaches (Like the Outcasts) but if you helped save his babe he might just tell you about it AND give you a key to go in the back way and avoid getting killed by the Mirelurks down there. Also, with the help of Wastelanders (Specifically you) they managed to create the Tesla Cannon. Arguably one of the more powerful weapons in Fallout 3, and definately one of the more useful. Did the Outcasts make one? Do they have any shiny new tech never before seen? Nope. What does Elder Lyons and his BoS have? A frigging Tesla Cannon.

signed though they both have valid points, when you look at it, elder Lyons and his BoS have been more succesful.
Zylo the Wolfbane  

Zylo the Wolfbane

TrippyAcid

5,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:50 pm
I have to give it to the Outcasts  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:25 am
Outcasts,Enclave, They don't give s**t about wastelanders BoS ftw they helped out in Project Purity peoples they want to keep the people safe!  

Gray_In_Ur_Pokitz

Samanosuke_Tenchi

3,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:19 am
Well if i had to pick sides it would be the outcasts simply because as you all have stated, They have more of a chance to defeat any enemy because of their main goal. Without technology you dont have weapons which means.... Taking on the forces of Super mutants, Deathclaws, mercs, ghouls, Rad Scorpions, and so on with just your fists.....

Though i am afraid ^^;; in spite of my choice (considering i was doing the evil story) um..... i ended up slaughtering the Outcasts.

>_> I dont know about you but Brotherhood of steel do have that "proto-type armor" and lets face it... its the strongest out of all.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:30 am
steel are much more friendlier then outcasts, i do respect what steel is doing, but brotherhood outcast are people you don't wana ******** with... id have to go with the brotherhood of steel  

Sweizy

Johnny The Dark Wanderer

5,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Voter 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:17 pm
I love being an Outcast.It's a big "******** you" to the old man  
Fallout 3

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff