Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Should I express myself in school...? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

should i express myself?
  yes
  no
View Results

Forever_the_child

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:12 pm
oh & wat is wiccan? im an idiot sry  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:21 pm
Ame argentee
ive been thinking if i should express myself in school... but i am afraid if like people are gonna make fun of me or something...

Yes you should express yourself. And oh yes they will make fun of you. They will ALWAYS find something to make fun of you about. You might as well give them a reason to make fun of you. wink
I just don't give a damn anymore, but I don't just go all out either. I keep it to a certain degree, that way I can express myself, but not get rocks thrown at me.  

Luna_Winter

2on

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:37 am
This has probably already been said but I can't be ******** to read over all of the other posts in this thread.
You can't please everyone. There will always be people throughout your life who have a problem and do not agree with how you think, how you act, and how you respond to situations. They can all just get ******** someone who actually means something to you has a problem with your 'self expression' calmly explain that you are you, and what you wear etc is your decision to make, nobody elses. They might as well live your life for you if you let them tell you what to do.
If people are persistant in asking stupid questions give them anwsers that match there idiocy. You don't have to explain yourself to simpletons but its damn fun to watch what they will believe.

End rant.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:41 pm
deadly_demon
Hun, if people are low enough to make fun of you for being yourself then you should just ignore them. People like that just want to make you feel bad and you shouldn't let them.

Too right you are, Deadly.  

FNprinceZuko

Zombina Corpse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:12 pm
kagome05ontherun

It's just stupid. Don't waste your time. Lmao. It's just some wanna-be Pagan religion.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:31 pm
MiLK`
kagome05ontherun

It's just stupid. Don't waste your time. Lmao. It's just some wanna-be Pagan religion.

Stop insulting people's beliefs and religion or I'll ban you.
People have the right to be what they want without someone insulting them.
~ heart D_D heart ~

Dearest Darling`

paranoia_agent99

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:53 pm
ok im thinking your near my age, around 14. listen they dont matter. if you have a group of friends established then it wont matter. just stay with them. if you want a girlfriend then if she dosent like you the way you are then shes not worht the time anyway. if not then screw the rest of the chavs.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:55 pm
MiLK`
kagome05ontherun

arnt you a giant beam of sunshine...

paranoia_agent99

Velvets_Tears

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:10 am
They have no right to make fun of you, the fact is I follow some of the Wiccan beliefs and I get called upside down, but even though you wouldn't tell them to be careful or you'll hex them with angelpowder. (Obviously don't, remember whatever they do will come back 3 times more, whether it's good or bad) My most common names are:
Satanist
Devil worshiper
Emo - Goth Freak
Queen Of Darkness
Queen Of The Damned (after I read Anne Rice in school)
Satans Pwn
Devils slut
and many more, but really I couldn't give a s**t. They have all heard of my mother anyway, whose last 3 employers who have tried to hurt her have died, (not lying!) and she didn't curse them. One of them got Multiple sclerosis(SP?) and died in a wheel chair, she feels v. guilty. Soz' OT.... Don't let them get to you!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:43 am
dude, you should so express your self at school, its feels good to be your self, after being everyone else for a while sweatdrop hee thats what i use to be but i always like being myself, and i thought my friends would hate me for being myself and one day i was like bam im myself it took a while for my friends to get use to me but they liked me for me. they asked why i said i dont know i just feel like being differant for a while and they were cool with that they thought it was weird at first to be friends with a goth but ... they found out that i am the same person they know under and thats what really countes in friends right.  

koumike

Al-aaraaf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:55 pm
I know this from expirience.

BE CAREFUL HOW YOU DO it.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:22 pm
Mint Royale
In school I dyed my hair becuase I refused to be a natural blonde and I like the color red. So when I did and wore all black I was accused of being a satanist because I was a goth and I was wearing all black. After a few days I've managed to become known as:
Devil Worshipper
Devil's Reject
Devil
Queen of the Damned
Freak
Weirdo
GOth
Satanist

surprised I feel your pain. Thats exactly what they call me at school stare  

~:[I Heart Maury]:~

~:[I Heart Maury]:~

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:28 pm
[ D i z z y ]
Personally, I can't say I'm completely out of the coffin. I don't know why, but I want to be different than everyone else but because I'm so shy*, I don't want to stick out like a sore thumb. Its been a constant battle for me, but I'm getting better. I think it's because I'm an artist, I need to be different as an invidiual. But my personailty doesn't like that.

It'd really help if there were more people in this super-tiny town who were... like me. I'd be less afraid of judgement then. I get picked on a bit in school, mostly by the older kids who talk about me behind my back and the younger ones who like to tease me. Anyone who knows me though, knows I'm just a displaced and quiet person.

I wouldn't say I'm a coward, but I don't have the friends to support me like you people do. Which is why I'm moving as soon as I graduate. Outta here. Gone.
Start a new life.

* Its called Social Anxiety Disorder. Its a crippling condition were you're afraid of crowds and people and such.

That really sucks confused Alot of people live in the village in NY  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:36 pm
Mint Royale
In school I dyed my hair becuase I refused to be a natural blonde and I like the color red. So when I did and wore all black I was accused of being a satanist because I was a goth and I was wearing all black. After a few days I've managed to become known as:
Devil Worshipper
Devil's Reject
Devil
Queen of the Damned
Freak
Weirdo
GOth
Satanist

CONGRATULATIONS! Thats awesome. I always shot for the cool names like that. lol. People are stupid, right? I was always, Goth-kid, f**, or Satan-guy.  

Zara Thustra

Ms. Chaos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:59 pm
Ame argentee
ive been thinking if i should express myself in school... but i am afraid if like people are gonna make fun of me or something...

I fear the same thing  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces