Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Cosplay Help
Wig Help Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xinitia

Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:28 pm
Noire himesama

actually, i was looking through my wigs for a certain wig and tsumbled upon one that woudl be perfect for himawari the only problem is, its a very light blonde....is there a way to dye wigs?

Take your time finding your perfect wig. I posted some resources on the Tutorial forum that go over how to dye a wig. The two most common techniques tend to be sharpie dying and FW ink. They both have their pros and cons.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:38 am
xinitia
Noire himesama

actually, i was looking through my wigs for a certain wig and tsumbled upon one that woudl be perfect for himawari the only problem is, its a very light blonde....is there a way to dye wigs?

Take your time finding your perfect wig. I posted some resources on the Tutorial forum that go over how to dye a wig. The two most common techniques tend to be sharpie dying and FW ink. They both have their pros and cons.

I See it thank you very much! hopefully the color will stay and such i have no idea what kind of wig this is so hahah. if it doesnt work then there's the one wig you showed me so ^^. thank you so much for all the help!  

Noire himesama

kuro_fuzzipaws_miyako

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:44 pm
i bought a loveless (ritsuka) wig for my homestuck (nepeta) cosplay
when i wear it it looks normal in the back and kinda big in the front its not my hair making it big and I'm tempted to cut it (i have to cut the bangs anyways) but i thought id ask someone first
it does not say if its heat resistant or not so I'm not sure about using a straightener and i don't own a hairdryer question  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:54 am
kuro_fuzzipaws_miyako
when i wear it it looks normal in the back and kinda big in the front its not my hair making it big and I'm tempted to cut it (i have to cut the bangs anyways) but i thought id ask someone first
it does not say if its heat resistant or not so I'm not sure about using a straightener and i don't own a hairdryer question

Hello!
to be able to help you better I will need to see photos of the wig worn.  

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100

kuro_fuzzipaws_miyako

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:55 am
xXButterflied MemoriesXx
kuro_fuzzipaws_miyako

Hello!

alright one moment lemme go put it on XD  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:11 am
xXButterflied MemoriesXx
kuro_fuzzipaws_miyako

Hello!

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  

kuro_fuzzipaws_miyako

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:24 am
kuro_fuzzipaws_miyako

Ok so it's not that the wig is "big". 90% of wigs are thicker in the bangs, as the front hair line is usually the first to show when a wig slides back after a few hours of wear.
It's just thicker.

The fibers look a little bit on the lower quality scale so a straightener is not recommended as it will melt the wig, if you need to straight or add wave/curl to it, the hot water method would be best. it safely sets a style into a wig with out damaging the fibers. A heat resistant wig will tend to have a silky feel to it, it's a bit harder to explain but the feel of the wig is very distinct.

For thinning out the front I would recommend point cutting it, first cut the bang style you need into it, then to thin it out and give it a more natural look you'll point cut but please please please be careful. It is VERY easy to cut yourself while point cutting. I've done it many times while cutting a clients hair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2uz6OpLoKE the wig hair will not act like the hair on the doll head, but at least it will show you how to point cut. Don't mind all the technical terms he is using as the video was meant for training cosmetologist, you just need to see what it is exactly that he is doing.
If you still don't understand it, let me know and i will try my best to make an easier video as i do need to trim up my performance wig and i point cut it  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:38 am
xXButterflied MemoriesXx
[quote="kuro_fuzzipaws_miyako"

Ok so it's not that the wig is "big". 90% of wigs are thicker in the bangs, as the front hair line is usually the first to show when a wig slides back after a few hours of wear.
It's just thicker.

The fibers look a little bit on the lower quality scale so a straightener is not recommended as it will melt the wig, if you need to straight or add wave/curl to it, the hot water method would be best. it safely sets a style into a wig with out damaging the fibers. A heat resistant wig will tend to have a silky feel to it, it's a bit harder to explain but the feel of the wig is very distinct.

For thinning out the front I would recommend point cutting it, first cut the bang style you need into it, then to thin it out and give it a more natural look you'll point cut but please please please be careful. It is VERY easy to cut yourself while point cutting. I've done it many times while cutting a clients hair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2uz6OpLoKE the wig hair will not act like the hair on the doll head, but at least it will show you how to point cut. Don't mind all the technical terms he is using as the video was meant for training cosmetologist, you just need to see what it is exactly that he is doing.
If you still don't understand it, let me know and i will try my best to make an easier video as i do need to trim up my performance wig and i point cut it ok so i tried thinning and id like to know ur opinion if u don't mind

User ImageUser ImageUser Image  

kuro_fuzzipaws_miyako

AuroraDyne

Beloved Lover

10,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:44 am
kuro_fuzzipaws_miyako

does it feel better to you?

at this point it just looks like it needs some styling and setting with hair spray, to get that distinct bang look that the character has  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 8:05 pm
Oooh.. I'm going to crossplay as Sugawara Koushi from Haikyuu! but.. I have no idea what wig to get and how to style it correctly without it looking weird.  

Yaoi Uke-Kun

Hygienic Smoker

5,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Hesitant Participant 100

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:18 pm
ShikyoRiipaa
Oooh.. I'm going to crossplay as Sugawara Koushi from Haikyuu! but.. I have no idea what wig to get and how to style it correctly without it looking weird.

I found a Sugawara wig on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Haikyu-Haikyuu-Sugawara-Koushi-Cosplay/dp/B00KD6CAFE

I'm not sure if you wanted it already made for you, or just wanted to purchase a short, blonde wig and use a pomade (maybe from got2b) to make the hair flared out a bit.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:28 pm
Starz-N-Madness
ShikyoRiipaa

I'm not sure if you wanted it already made for you, or just wanted to purchase a short, blonde wig and use a pomade (maybe from got2b) to make the hair flared out a bit.

Ah this is good. I might buy this wig and style it out a bit to make it look like the hair.  

Yaoi Uke-Kun

Hygienic Smoker

5,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:37 pm
ShikyoRiipaa
Starz-N-Madness
ShikyoRiipaa

Ah this is good. I might buy this wig and style it out a bit to make it look like the hair.

I usually find good deals on Amazon, and have had no issues with it, so I hope it does the same for you! Yea! That's a good idea! (:  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:56 pm
ShikyoRiipaa
Starz-N-Madness
ShikyoRiipaa

This wig looks pretty good for what you want! It is a good base, and shouldn't be too hard to flare. I'd recommend using a wire brush to flare the ends, and then spraying it to keep its shape (don't use gel; it's be too heavy on the wig I think). I usually use Got2BGlued for my wigs. It can be found at Target and comes in a bright yellow bottle. It's hard to miss.  

xinitia

Crew

Yaoi Uke-Kun

Hygienic Smoker

5,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:21 pm
>.< Alright, so I'm crossplaying as Sugawara Koushi and I got this wig:
http://arda-wigs.com/products/hansel The Gray color. I have to part the bangs but, the bangs area isn't that long so if I part it you can see the wig base(?) ((The area where you'd stick your head in/adjust it)) :/ Any help on how to style it? I need to style it by this Saturday for a cosplay event.  
Cosplay Help

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff