Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
Hunter's Mark OOC Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:23 pm
It's probably a bit over the top, but eh. It should be useful in a pinch.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:34 pm
Should we refer to the book for credits, or... what?  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:39 pm
Starting creds is probably the msot fair way to get it going. I rolled 9, but eh. I probably should set up that die table...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:39 pm
Multiply the value by your level. Thats what Cale does.

We'll have a sith load of credits at the start to equip ourselves out with.  

stellarmagic

K-Blade

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:45 pm
The stat has got to be lower then an 8 to re-roll, we can’t re-roll a 1?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:55 pm
Total. As if after you roll all your stuff, your attribute is a 7, then you reroll.

@ stellar: I'm simply taking the credits and putting it into the ship we're flying. Unless you have a reason why we should have so much gear...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:03 pm
Well the Mando is going to be fielding heavily customized armor. You remember how fast those credits disappeared when you started modifying your gear to the character's tastes.

While my sith has less need for credits (Jedi characters don't need that much gear compared to others) He does have to pay for a lightsaber, a pistol, medpacs, medkit, and all that jazz.

As GM you can assign us a ship and a piloting character completely at your discretion, you don't really need to have us fund it. I'm not sure what sort of ship you'd end up with if you used just starting level x starting credits as the budget.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:11 pm
I doubt Des has much need for spending a vast amount of credits on an armor he's not going to wear once he gets the Beskar. It's not like all mandos were as armed as boba fett or the neo crusaders.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:12 pm
Typically if the Gm doesn't want the group having a lot of money, he'll take the excess they have after buying gear.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:15 pm
What happens when the GM doesn't want the group to have a lot of gear though? I kind of wanted to have the feeling of bare bones group as a starting point to motivate you guys to not mess up the first mission.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:23 pm
hmm... Well my character's one truly sinful trait is that he's a greedy b*****d.

BTW... here's my character so far.
Nurak

The thing with gear is it's highly expendable in Star Wars. I mean, look how much money I spent on a Commando Droid only to have him get one shoted last time at Cale's?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:27 pm
True, but with each bounty you're going to be racking in 4 grand a pop a person, so it'll add up fairly quickly in time to buy said expendable gear.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:35 pm
I at least need a lightsaber. Can't afford one with just the 1st level starting credits. You don't get it free for multi-classing into a jedi.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:39 pm
I figure that would be given to you though. the rest of the equipment bought.. I'm just kind of in a bind because i bought everything i needed with starting creds, and that includes the military liscence and modifications...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:04 pm
So you think the lightsaber should be free for my character?

If it isn't, even with all the credits from 4 levels of jedi I can't afford a normal size lightsaber, only a short... and that puts me at 600 remaining credits.  
The Outer Rim

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff