...no comment
View Results

nekys

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:19 am
Das Kabinet der Dr. Kalligari,
Repo! The Genetic Opera,
Sweeney Todd.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:10 am
My favorites are Nightmare Before Christmas, Miss Pettigrew, and Alice in Wonderland (but I love just about every Disney movie, except the newer ones with live people in then, but I did enjoy Enchanted)  

LaceyBones

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:05 pm
Love_of_Jushiro
tie between Underworld and Hogfather. both are totally awesome, but both are very different
I love the Hogfather! Have you read the book?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:31 pm
I would have to say Drag me to Hell because its the only thing that has ever scared me in my life  

valadus

Manah Uchiha

4,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:41 pm
Heh heh heh...you'll Laugh when you read this.....Titanic heart .....but hey!....Has anyone EVER heard Bella Morte's Cover for "My Heart Will Go On"?!... It Kicks a**...But I Do Have to Say that Sweeny Todd Was Pretty Amazing too...And seriously....Batman 4Ever and Batman and Robin?!...those old movies were the best! xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:29 pm
My top two favorites are Almost Famous and The Rocky Horror Picture Show.  

Headless Dolls

6,100 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:18 pm
Has anyone seen Public Enemies yet?

If you have, how was it?

*is thinking about seeing it*  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:59 pm
Manah Uchiha
Has anyone EVER heard Bella Morte's Cover for "My Heart Will Go On"?!... It Kicks a**...XD
No, but now I really want to. It doesn't seem to be on YouTube. Curse you, YouTube! You've failed me! T.T  

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:11 pm
XWraith_LordX
Has anyone seen Public Enemies yet?

If you have, how was it?

*is thinking about seeing it*

It's not great. Not bad, but not great. It's a very "okay" film.

Dillinger (Depp) is an interesting figure, but the film does nothing to make his scenes interesting beyond his own presence. Purvis (Bale) is an uninteresting figure, but his investigation is very interesting. The film's direction can't figure out who it wants to be about, never fully devoting itself to either figure. Neither side of the story is bad, but the film should have told one story rather than the other. And I'm leaning towards Purvis as being the more interesting tale.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:28 pm
Honestly, pretty much all the disney movies are my favorite although the recent ones have been rather sucky. I don't really have ONE favorite movie I like alot; they are just fun to watch.  

vElvET pUPpet

Bloody Loon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:47 pm
Probably either Dr. Strangelove or Young Frankenstein for comedy...

For Serious movies... Children of Men or No Country for Old Men...

For Comic Movies: Three-way Tie between Dark Knight, The Crow, and Watchmen...

For hilarious B movies, or imitations of: Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter; The power of Christ impales you!

As for sheer enjoyment factor: Pixar Films. Pixar made the disgusting and corrupt, cuban baby-eating corporation known as Disney, and made a PART of it good again. That and Miyazaki films....

(I saw Public Enemies today... It had the makings of a great film with Dillenger, but I found all of the other characters unrelatable, and it never really went anywhere. Did love Depp as Dillenger though... but I love Depp as anything, so I'm slightly biased. But, let's put it this way: It wasn't as bad as Transformers, Terminator, X-men: Origins, or Star Trek, so that's a good thing. Up was fantastic, and everyone should see it.)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:59 pm
GilAskan
-Resurrected Writer-
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
Nosferatu

If you haven't seen it yet, you should really check out Die Nibelungen. It's a 5 hour silent fantasy epic from Fritz Lang. Beautiful film.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Well, I'll admit that I have a relatively short attention span so I'm not sure if I'd be able to finish five hours in one sitting.

But with German expressionist film being as good as it is, I'll definitely look into it.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:45 am
-Resurrected Writer-
GilAskan
-Resurrected Writer-
Nosferatu

If you haven't seen it yet, you should really check out Die Nibelungen. It's a 5 hour silent fantasy epic from Fritz Lang. Beautiful film.

Well, I'll admit that I have a relatively short attention span so I'm not sure if I'd be able to finish five hours in one sitting.

But with German expressionist film being as good as it is, I'll definitely look into it.
Is this availible online?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:52 pm
Arisa89
My top two favorites are Almost Famous and The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Almost Famous was a great movie!! Actually, both are great movies.  

Mydnyte Dystopia

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:54 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
GilAskan
-Resurrected Writer-
Nosferatu

It's a seriously beautiful film. More images-

http://www.roberthaller.com/lang/jpegs/page38.jpg
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/FIP/MS-00086-C~Kriemhild-from-Die-Nibelungen-Posters.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/78/Nibelungen_film2.jpg

The last image is a "transformation" sequence from the film, not a single screen. It's kind of obvious, but I felt I should mention it anyway.

XWraith_LordX
Is this availible online?

Being that the film is 79 years old, it's well into public domain. You can legally download it. It's sometimes split up into two parts- Siegfried and Kriemhild's Revenge.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff