Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]
Ravenclaw Common Room Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:23 pm
...you know, I think I will, actually. I didn't mind the Bleach musicals once I got over the "oh my gods, such-and-such character...SINGING? And DANCING?" reaction. I expect the Potter musical will be much the same.

Edit: No, nevermind. I couldn't even make it through Act I. Too much pain. And I hate character bashing, and I like Ginny and Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff...sorry, but no.
The paaaaain... gonk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:26 pm
I agree HP the musical is horrid! I never liked it, because it is making fun of the HP awesomeness...  

freddydursley

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:33 pm
I wouldn't have minded so much, I think, if it was simply poking light fun in jest at everyone, and that only occasionally.
But this...this was just overall cruelty.
Bashing a particular character when you're the one who controls how they act is something akin to poor sportsmanship, in my mind.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:12 pm
aaww I just thought it was all in good fun, and they really do love harry potter quite as much as anyone. I guess it's not for everyone, but that's ok.  

Juice Box Nightmares

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:32 pm
I don't doubt they love Harry Potter as much as any of us. I just can't take that sort of thing, meant as fun or no. neutral

By the by, I'm giving the Graduate-RP-area-name poll just a couple more days. It will most likely be down by Friday. If we need a tiebreaker we will do one (briefly), but otherwise that'll be it. If you've not cast a vote yet, do so!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:49 pm
I like this:
Bunnies: Harry Potter Years 1 - 5 Part 1

Bunnies: Harry Potter Years 1 - 5 Part 2

freddydursley

freddydursley

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:59 pm
Where are all the ravenclaws at?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:07 pm
WHAT!
*looks around for ravenclaws*
Well, I'm here!

Hyper Nerds Eat Cookies

xbrightstar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:08 pm
I'm here lol :] Tary sits in the common room reading her books. sigh can't wait to start classes.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:13 am
Hey...Out of curiosity, have you ever had an English nut harp at you for obscure grammatical errors? And would you take offense if one did? I'm directing this toward everybody, just in case...it's nothing really important, I just don't want to point something out and offend that person.

Also, the poll has ended, and the Ravenclaw section of the Graduate subforum shall be called Eagle's Glen. Thanks for your input, everyone!

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150

freddydursley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:34 pm
Alutian
Hey...Out of curiosity, have you ever had an English nut harp at you for obscure grammatical errors? And would you take offense if one did? I'm directing this toward everybody, just in case...it's nothing really important, I just don't want to point something out and offend that person.

Also, the poll has ended, and the Ravenclaw section of the Graduate subforum shall be called Eagle's Glen. Thanks for your input, everyone!

naw, I love would a nut english say to me something. lols

I would have no problem with that

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:00 pm
I have a friend that does that, it's kind of annoying but I can see how it may bother someone. I just hate when people criticize EVERY little thing and make you feel stupid.  

Juice Box Nightmares

Jatar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:03 pm
I used to be like that...now I just correct stuff when friends e-mail me their papers to help fix for them, so it's all good. And if it's an obscure grammatical thing, I don't critique it; just if it is blatantly obvious. smile

And yes, I have people who are like that. I usually just ignore it though, and be thankful that I'm no longer that bad. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:05 pm
Oh snap...and I just realized the name I thought of for the graduate area was the winning one! *feels special* biggrin  

Jatar

Alutian

Vicious Duelist

6,350 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:06 pm
Yeah, that's what I was worried about: making people feel stupid. Especially since it's such a little thing...a rule just short of obscure, and one that I end up breaking from time to time as well.
But I've gotten my answer, so here it is. English 101:

Do not end sentences with prepositions.
Where is everybody at?

There are, however, times when I find this acceptable or, at the very least, excusable. For example, the phrase "Where did you come from?" seems fine, especially since the first alternative I can think of involves a rather archaic word order: "From where did you come?"

For the most part, it's ending with 'at' that gets to me every time. I hear it so often, but I seldom correct it simply because I'm not so sure a stranger would like me to walk up and tell them that they used incorrect grammar.

All done! Thank you.

Around Hogwarts [Roleplaying]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces