Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Getting in shape for cosplay - Support~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lilith_loituma

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:59 pm
@rhi-chan13 - I'm exactly the same (except I'm 16 already) and I would like to get down to the same goal too, but what sucks is that my parents always by a lot of food and if we don't consume it all, my mom would throw a fit of how much money she wasted buying the food. Also, I don't cook the food because I'm not much of a chef (I burned a pizza, pork bun, and crappily made a cupcake which tasted salty o__o) and my dad likes to cook anything with meat or a lot of oil gonk

right now my method is to eat smaller portions (when my mom is gone on the weekdays), eat oatmeal in the morning, drink lots of green tea, and do lots of indoor excercise (maybe walk around the park too)...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:20 pm
@rhi-chan and yong-Hwauy : I'm turning 16 in August, but were all pretty close in goals and age. sooo heyyy, we should make like a support group or something haha. XD  

FoxTailAngel

Shameless Businesswoman

5,000 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Hive Mind 200

lilith_loituma

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:55 am
@FoxTailAngel - hehe, we have a common problem too, junk food ;__; They're just too good but very unhealthy. My friend suggest that if you see any junk food and you're tempted to eat it, just put it away and occupy yourself with something else and eventually you'll forget about it. For me, I just try to remember my goal. BLLLAAAAAAH~! I need to run but I never have the time too! crying

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:10 am
xYong-Hwauy
@rhi-chan13 - I'm exactly the same (except I'm 16 already) and I would like to get down to the same goal too, but what sucks is that my parents always by a lot of food and if we don't consume it all, my mom would throw a fit of how much money she wasted buying the food. Also, I don't cook the food because I'm not much of a chef (I burned a pizza, pork bun, and crappily made a cupcake which tasted salty o__o) and my dad likes to cook anything with meat or a lot of oil gonk

right now my method is to eat smaller portions (when my mom is gone on the weekdays), eat oatmeal in the morning, drink lots of green tea, and do lots of indoor excercise (maybe walk around the park too)...

maybe you could try telling your parents your goal?
i told my parents that i wanted to eat less and eat healthier and they help me with it. but yeah i totally understand, my biological father cooks with a bunch meat and oil too~ x]

xXMakorikXx

Maid Botan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:12 am
xXMakorikXx

maybe you could try telling your parents your goal?
i told my parents that i wanted to eat less and eat healthier and they help me with it. but yeah i totally understand, my biological father cooks with a bunch meat and oil too~ x]

Exactly! Getting your family in on it (or your friends) gives you a good support system around you so it's less likely that you'll cheat.

My mom and I are off to a good start. ^^

Oo! Green tea is very good for you, that's a good place to start! I like to mix it with Jasmine tea. ^^

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:06 am
That's the hard part for me. My household consists of 8 people.
My Aunt, Uncle, little 12 year old cousin, 29 year old cousin, her now fiance, my dad, and my 18 year old brother.
And when my oldest brother is home from college, he's sometimes around to.

Its to hard to change everyone's diet. My dad is healthy and eats right most of the time. My 18 year old brother is really heavy but he's lost about 50 pounds. He's also a football player so he works out A LOT. That keeps him pretty healthy.

My aunt's family, well they are pretty much all unhealthy. I mean I'm sad to say that my little cousin in shorter than me, 3 years younger, and weighs more than me...by a lot.
And everytime her mom gets the idea to start some kind of exercise thing where we both have to do it. My cousin ALWAYS falls out of it.

A few months ago I made some small changes to my diet, like :
- dont eat butter on bread (it's extra fat that you get in other foods anyway)
- no mayo
- more wheat bread/ less white bread
- eat less bread all together
- fruit for breakfast (since I usually have to grab and go)
- RARELY eat cafeteria food (your school is probably one that deals with A LOT of packaged food, which isn't good. My school is like that.)
- Try not to go for seconds (my dad's cooking is so...amazing though. I hold of pretty well though )
- Don't skip meals, eat less. (though during breaks I kind of forget to eat lunch a lot. xD )

FoxTailAngel

Shameless Businesswoman

5,000 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Hive Mind 200

Maid Botan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:41 am
Those are some good changes you made! biggrin

Brown rice is also a good thing like wheat bread. ^^

Yeah, I do understand with stubborn family members though.

My grandma likes to love me with food. XD She'll make fried catfish and she knows I can't resist!! Then she whips up a german chocolate cake and it's all over. XD

The next day I'll be eating fruit and veggies like a madwoman.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:09 pm
@xXMakoriXx - I kinda tried that before and it didn't work out so well. The one who eats and cooks healthy food is my mom, and she's normally gone on the weekdays so most of the time either my dad or brother cooks (I can't cook like I said before, I can just cook rice =_=''') But I can try it again.....see if I can persuade them into doing it.

@FoxTailAngel - D; well everyone has different situations Y_Y and I feel you about the exercixing thing. I tend not to ask my friends to excercise with me because...well....they're already skinny as it is (>_<') and I don't ask my family that because my mom and dad don't have the time for it and my brother is super lazy (he doesn't even want to lift weights) a;dlskfjalsdjf;akdjfjldsa;fkja;kdsj

@all: GOOD LUCK~!

lilith_loituma

FoxTailAngel

Shameless Businesswoman

5,000 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:37 pm
@berrybaseball : I'll ask my dad to start cooking with brown rice then! And yah, I don't expect them to change for me.
It wont happen. xD

@Yong : I hear yah. xD  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:07 pm
GAH!

Just finished learning a new dance! Soooo fast!

Dancing is how I get my workouts in.....I really don't like to run...even though I probably should.

Maid Botan

FoxTailAngel

Shameless Businesswoman

5,000 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:32 pm
My doctor told me that dancing is really good for working out.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:40 pm
FoxTailAngel

It's super true. Even doing simple salsa steps is a work out. Dancing with someone always helps too. Gets you moving more.  

Myopsida

Demonic Dabbler

9,475 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Overstocked 200

FoxTailAngel

Shameless Businesswoman

5,000 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:47 pm
-Blow Out Your Eardrums-
FoxTailAngel

It's super true. Even doing simple salsa steps is a work out. Dancing with someone always helps too. Gets you moving more.

Totally! and its sooo funnn!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:38 pm
Man, we should start a support group xD We're all about the same age, and like... we're all like the same height and weight too xD

For me though, the more sugar I eat the more I lose weight. It still depends on what I eat though, candy canes and smarties are better to eat than twinkies and doughnuts! With candy you don't get the saturated fat and crap you get in pastries and packaged food, but you get the sugar your brain needs to function better, which in turn helps your body get better (it's the thought that counts right? : D.) Hey, for some reason is works for L, and my sister, and me.... It's a shame I don't like sweets that much....Yes. I stay heavier eating healthier than I do eating sweets more often than I am now...

Soda isn't your friend though. No, that's health problem in a can... Or bottle, whichever you buy it as.... Darker pops stain teeth,
they all eat at your enamel, make you pile on fat... Unless you drink Fresca. Then it's like carbonated fruit flavored sugar....But it's still not that good for your teeth.

I heard soda also reduces calcium in bones, but I'm not sure if that's really true or not.  

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Myopsida

Demonic Dabbler

9,475 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:41 pm
FoxTailAngel
-Blow Out Your Eardrums-
FoxTailAngel

Totally! and its sooo funnn!

Or incredibly awkward if you end up being the teacher's helper because you're the only senior in a class full of freshmen and sophomores. xD Oh Senior year, you little scamp.  
Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff