Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
The "Why Do..." / "How Come..." Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:30 am
This isn't really a "how to" or a "how come" question. I hope it counts lol. So, is it bad if you have stuff in your closet already for a cosplay? I mean, isn't it a waste of money to buy fabric if you already have the stuff in your closet? I ask this because I'm going as Hikaru Hitchaiin and I'm gonna wear his summer outfit. The thing is, I already have capris, black beater, and a white beater. I just need a blue one.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:49 am
Why do girls feel the need to dress "sexy" and get up and dance on benches?
You are already getting enough attention with your outfit, why do you need to dance?  

Baret Rapsba

OhNoesItsMiho

Unbeatable Lover

9,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:57 pm
Hoba The Destroyer
Why do girls feel the need to dress "sexy" and get up and dance on benches?
You are already getting enough attention with your outfit, why do you need to dance?

Because they're attention whores? O.o  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:56 am
Why is it that nobody cosplays classics anymore? Like seriously me and my friends are planning a Fushigi Yugi cosplay group and nobody knows what Fushigi Yugi is! Why also does everybody recognize Miku and Luka and Rin but they have no clue who Meiko is. Meiko is one of the first Vocaloids and my favorite so I cosplayed her and nobody knew who Meiko was. I eve had her actual costume on and then when I cosplayed Rin in a random Yukata everyone immediately knew who I was even if I didn't have my bow on!  

Lady Cecilie

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:17 pm
salsaplant
I'll go first~!

Why do people think it's okay to touch your cosplay or glomp you without permission? I have seen so many cosplays get ruined because of this action and I don't know anyone who enjoys it at all!

I had a girl not only glomp me but leap onto my back as if she wanted a piggy back ride while I was dressed as Sailor Venus. Mind you, I had a waist-length wig on, a dress, and high heels, and she thought this was a good idea?! Thank god she didn't ruin anything, but imagine if she had done that to a cosplayer wearing wigs or a more intricate cosplay!
THIS. If someone came out to me in the outside world I'd knife them straight up thinking they were a mugger, so don't touch me in a con like that or I will (wish I could punch you) but possibly sue you for harassment if you don't stop too....  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:21 pm
Also I don't know why people go crazy over cosplays, I wouldn't even do this to a celeb....they're probably just imature and it's theur first time at a con and have no respect to people when they go glomp and even go as far as stocking the person. It's creepy....  

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:29 pm
The Lone Wolf Jedi
Ok, I thought I'd weigh in on some of these topics:

1. On KH cosplays, yeah some people are doing the whole half assed thing, I for one try to put some effort into my cosplays to make it look close to the character I'm doing, as for the Eastertown cosplay, I would love to see that, sounds cool

2. Glomping, I hate that, I was glomped doing Kisuke a few times, thank god I wasn't carrying Benihime or that my wig came off, so yeah, annoying as all hell

3. Plushies, 1 or 2 is good but any more than that would be downright sad

4. Multiple cosplays, people with WAYYY too much time on their hands

5. "Hooking up", uhh no, there's a time and a place for everything and that's neither the time nor the place for that

now for my question, Why do Pro Cos (Professional Cosplayers) have a god complex, ie, they think they should be treated like celebs or something
Hooking up is for anywhere as long as you're not some little teenager, as long as it's not noticable. I mean people enjoy exhibitionism, there's nothing wrong with it, only if kids see.
I mean hello there;s 18+ stuff in the con. Including hand cuffs, binders, paddles, so many sex toys.....and you say it's not the place....when people have a hotel room?

For people with multiple costumes, they only take a day or two to make if you sew good and they could have done them over the year, or have alot of money and have them made.

For plushies, I personally wouldn't even buy one but what people buy shouln't concern you. I mean what if they're getting for their kids or others as gifts?

I hate the glomping though.

Yes half assed cosplays suck but I think it's generally done by poor people/ people who's parents won't let them/ can't sew.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:08 am
oTrissa
The Lone Wolf Jedi

1. On KH cosplays, yeah some people are doing the whole half assed thing, I for one try to put some effort into my cosplays to make it look close to the character I'm doing, as for the Eastertown cosplay, I would love to see that, sounds cool

2. Glomping, I hate that, I was glomped doing Kisuke a few times, thank god I wasn't carrying Benihime or that my wig came off, so yeah, annoying as all hell

5. "Hooking up", uhh no, there's a time and a place for everything and that's neither the time nor the place for that

now for my question, Why do Pro Cos (Professional Cosplayers) have a god complex, ie, they think they should be treated like celebs or something
Hooking up is for anywhere as long as you're not some little teenager, as long as it's not noticable. I mean people enjoy exhibitionism, there's nothing wrong with it, only if kids see.
I mean hello there;s 18+ stuff in the con. Including hand cuffs, binders, paddles, so many sex toys.....and you say it's not the place....when people have a hotel room?

For people with multiple costumes, they only take a day or two to make if you sew good and they could have done them over the year, or have alot of money and have them made.

For plushies, I personally wouldn't even buy one but what people buy shouln't concern you. I mean what if they're getting for their kids or others as gifts?

Yes half assed cosplays suck but I think it's generally done by poor people/ people who's parents won't let them/ can't sew.

I'm gonna agree with some of your arguments, yes there are hotel rooms but most are shared so unless they tell their fellow congoers that they are meeting someone that they met at the con in their hotel room I still say no, on multiple costumes, I would see if you were a GOH but I have seen regular congoers having like 4 or 5 in one day, on plushies, I understand buying for gifts but that's what hotel rooms or vehicles are for, buy them, put them in one of those places, and enjoy the rest of the con, on half assed cosplays, agree with that and that I can understand, and glomping, still annoying as all hell  

The Lone Wolf Jedi

3,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

oTrissa

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:43 pm
The Lone Wolf Jedi
oTrissa
The Lone Wolf Jedi

I'm gonna agree with some of your arguments, yes there are hotel rooms but most are shared so unless they tell their fellow congoers that they are meeting someone that they met at the con in their hotel room I still say no, on multiple costumes, I would see if you were a GOH but I have seen regular congoers having like 4 or 5 in one day, on plushies, I understand buying for gifts but that's what hotel rooms or vehicles are for, buy them, put them in one of those places, and enjoy the rest of the con, on half assed cosplays, agree with that and that I can understand, and glomping, still annoying as all hell
Yeah true but there are those who have the money to rent their own hotel room....Keep forgetting most people don't as I did when I first went to the con (got my own hotel not that I'd ever hook up with anyone at an anime convention considering alot of people are so disgusting there...)

Yeah they should make you get kicked out of the con for harassing people.....glomping included if people don't ask. it can ruin hundred dollar costumes.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:25 pm
I have had costumes ruined because of touching and stuff, but I don't mind I am not the type of person to get mad easily. So most of the costumes I have now I don't really use props, and if I do choose to make props, I usually try to make them stronger than usual or some cheap materials that can get fixed easy and fast so that I don't miss out on the con.  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

The Lone Wolf Jedi

3,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:37 am
oTrissa
The Lone Wolf Jedi
oTrissa
The Lone Wolf Jedi

Yeah true but there are those who have the money to rent their own hotel room....Keep forgetting most people don't as I did when I first went to the con (got my own hotel not that I'd ever hook up with anyone at an anime convention considering alot of people are so disgusting there...)

Yeah they should make you get kicked out of the con for harassing people.....glomping included if people don't ask. it can ruin hundred dollar costumes.

Yeah, disgusting in more ways than one, most common is con funk, like Foamy the Squirrel said, SHOWER! I for one pretty much go to one con a year, AX and good thing about it is, it's a mile away so I can either walk it or bus it, as for getting kicked out, I seen that happen, the people at AX will give some leeway in terms of conduct but if someone goes too far, they have them removed and revoke their pass, there's approximately $100 down the drain just for being an idiot  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:05 pm
1. Why do people, especially non Cosplayers wear hug me signs? Being outgoing at a convention I will hug some of these people back but if a lot of people wear these signs then it can get to be annoying.
2. I do truely enjoy seeing the effort that some Cosplayers use to make a complete Cosplay outfit. Being a photographer I won't even bother taking a picture of someone that looks like they just started to make a Cosplay outfit.
3. Why do people just walk into a shot that you are taking of a Cosplayer? Sometimes it takes a few moments for a Cosplayer to get into a decent pose for me to take a picture of and the shot can be ruined by a last moment interruption. Also I don't want to take up too much of the Cosplayers time when I take their picture. Thanks to Cosplayers who make an effort to pose for me. smile All really nice photos that I take I share with people on various sites.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:10 pm
OhNoesItsMiho
This isn't really a "how to" or a "how come" question. I hope it counts lol. So, is it bad if you have stuff in your closet already for a cosplay? I mean, isn't it a waste of money to buy fabric if you already have the stuff in your closet? I ask this because I'm going as Hikaru Hitchaiin and I'm gonna wear his summer outfit. The thing is, I already have capris, black beater, and a white beater. I just need a blue one.

Part of my current Cosplay outfit (Syaoran from Tsubasa) is a pair of grey dress pants that work nicely with the rest of my outfit. So I don't think it's bad to wear stuff from your closet if it helps to give you the look you are going for with your Cosplay outfit.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:02 am
La Petite Ange
Why do people hate Kingdom Hearts cosplayers? Is it because of the overdose of Yaoi?

Lol. Maybe. I remember being Roxas at my first Kingdom Hearts photoshoot back in 2006 at Otakon. It was a lot of fun. A few years later, I go to the same photoshoot, and there's cosplayers humping each other, and girls screaming over Yaoi moments. I was disgusted, and I don't plan on participating in a Kingdom Hearts photoshoot again. Do I hate Kingdom Hearts cosplayers? No. I don't like how inappropriate the photoshoots turn out.  

HirotoSumi

Friendly Friend

36,725 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100

Sifen Yamishi

Fashionable Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:33 pm
How come the cosplay circuit has declined into a mire of blacklisting, bullying, drama and elitism?[I ask this one personally because I love cosplay, but am considering quitting the circuit due to this]

Why are conventions censoring cosplays and skits now?[First year I went, I was able to experience the yaoi skits, now you can't even find them]  
Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff