MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:50 am
Was Umah actually mocking her? This vampiress had the nerve. Ariel gave her a look before rolling her eyes. "Tahlman has been worse places and I`ve run errands with him before. Now is your head filled with that much air or did your brains hide in your...ahem bust." Ariel said in reference to Umah`s taunting of her Ariel decided she would taunt back.

"Now if you`re finished, madam. I believe I would still like to make this trip." she turned to face Raziel. "I suppose you`ll need someone to keep our heads leveled in this case." she turned to face Umah. "Unless you`re opposed to my joining the two of you."

She had felt useless for so long now that she had probably made a desperate bid to leave the sanctuary but what else could Ariel do? She was bored out of her mind, her family was driving her a little insane...and Raziel, well...she couldn`t leave him with that seductress.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:46 am
Vorador made a no-too-discrete coughing noise, perhaps to hide a small snicker at Ariel's comment about Umah's breasts.

The vampiress narrowed her eyes at her sire, then looked to Ariel in the same condescending fashion. "Big talk for such a little cow." Umah emphasized by looking at Ariel's chest, then turning, her long braid nearly smacking Ariel in the face, she headed for the exit. "We're going now."

Raziel saw that Vorador's fledgling had taken on her sire's habit of derogatorily referring to humans as cattle.

Before Ariel could do or say anything she might regret, Raziel put his hand on her shoulder. "Perhaps it would be best not to try and get on Umah's bad side. After all, she was kind enough to agree to lead us to Kain and as well as lead us to the vampire sanctuary in the first place. Just ignore her. If she says anything, I'll deal with her." Raziel said, hoping he could at least get one woman in here to act sensibly.  

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:17 pm
Her words didn't affect her all that much. Ariel was comfortable with her body the way it was. She didn't need some pig telling her she was cattle. However...Ariel found she was rather content being a 'cow' any day and feasting on 'grain' rather than 'slops'.

Her demeanor changed when Umah rudely flipped her hair into her face and Ariel was waving her hand to get the blackened strands out of her eyes and mouth. "Peh." She grumbled.

Now, Ariel could have said something back but due to Raziel advising her not to, she sighed and nodded in understanding. "Very well. Besides, it wouldn't become me to sink to her level. After you." She gestured for Raziel to step ahead of her. "Unless it's ladies' first." A chuckle.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:25 pm
"I think it would be better for me to stay between you two." Raziel said as he followed behind Umah.

Once outside, it didn't take them long to reach their first obstacle - a low rise building at the end of an alleyway. It was easy for vampire like Umah or Raziel to jump onto, but Ariel would need a little help.

"Climb on" Raziel said, crouching down so Ariel could climb onto his back. Umah stood impatiently on top of the building, waiting for them.  

Queen Sarafina
Crew

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:29 pm
They walked for a bit until they were reached with the obstacle of climbing up the small building they had reached. "Oh." She said looking up. They were...roof jumping. Interesting. Well, for Ariel it was for vampires it only came natural she supposed.

As Raziel instructed her to climb onto his back, she blinked and stared in confusion for only a moment before realizing she would have to piggy-back for him to climb up there with her. "Oh! Right." Her arms encircled around his neck and she made sure she was secured properly (as properly as one could be accomplishing this) and held on tight.

"Proceed."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:20 am
Umah rolled her eyes as she watched Raziel lets some human ride him like a mule. But at least this way, Ariel would be slowing them down.

Once Ariel have him the signal to move, Raziel leapt up to wear Umah was easily, even with the extra weight on his back. With Raziel carrying Ariel the rest of the way, it didn't take them long to reach the apartment where Kain was being kept.

"We're here" Umah said as Raziel crouched down once more, letting Ariel off his back.  

Queen Sarafina
Crew

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:52 pm
As she dropped down form his shoulders, she gave him a touchon the shoulder to symbolize her thanks. A feeling of dread suddenly washed over her and her tone changed once more. "This is where Kain is being kept?"

Ah. the old Ariel's bitterness for the man's refusal to die never grew old. "I see someone still refuses to do what should have been right for Nosgoth." The last sentence was muttered and she had a grimmer look to her gaze than when she had first asked to come along on this journey.

It was an awful feeling to have in the pit of her stomach but th eloathing for Kain obviously had not ceased even if her spirit may, or may not, have been at peace. Right now one could have called it in limbo due to the faact she was incarnated and the reasons for it were clear and yet they were not. What would happen after the Sarafan Lord was defeated? Would they have to re-enter the sword? Repeat fate all over again? If it was complicated before it would be nearly impossible to understand this time around.

She regained her composure once more. "Umah..." She said, if she could be considered back to 'normal'. "Earlier, I was rude to insult you given the situation due to the possibility I believed yout o be insulting me. I d hope this does not put any hard feelings between our races and hope that my apology will be accepted."

How long had some of these individuals been vampires? Did they like it 100% of the time? Was it 'that' much better than being human? Perhaps to them but if Ariel had to choose she'd probably decline becoming a vampire if the choice arose.

"I assume that the reasons that Kain is hidden is for very important reasons?"

Maybe Kain's purpose in this world were much like hers and Raziel's. They were connected to Kain through some means or other and Raziel was a 'lost' valuable asset to the Sarafan Lord. Was Kain the Sarafan Lord's downfall? If so, how would that work if Raziel had plans to destroy the Sarafan Lord himself?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:56 pm
"Aye. We keep him hidden in plain sight. The Sarafan believe him to be dead, so they wont be looking for him. If the Cabal headquarters were ever discovered, at least he would still be safe." Umah told them as they ascended to stairs to Kain's room.

"How cunning." Raziel commented. It was a typical Vorador move, for the other was an expert when it came to hiding from the Sarafan.

At Ariel's apology, Umah waved her hand dismissively. "Don't dwell on it. Vampires and Humans have always been enemies, its the order of things. As the Cat feeds upon the rat, I wouldn't expect two completly different creatures to get along. We may have an alliance with the humans, but it is a fragile one. Fights and misunderstands to tend to occur, but we don't take them too personally." She said, then reaching the top of the stairs, she lead them through a door.

There was Kain. He was younger than they Kain Raziel remembered, but he knew it was him. He was laid out on a bed, as if he were only sleeping.

"You may approach. He doesn't bite -- at least not much, these days." Umah mused as she took a seat beside the bed. She removed one of her gloves and pressed a claw into the exposed flesh of her wrist, then pressed the wound to Kain's lips. Surprisingly, though still asleep, he began to drink.

"I hope you don't mind. It is my duty to feed him every night. After I am done, I will leave you to whatever it is you wished to see him for." She said, watching as Kain drank from her.

Honestly, Raziel had no particular reason for coming here besides wanting to see Kain. He wanted to see his Kain, the one that could provide him with the answers he needed, but he supposed this one would have to do... even though he didn't look like he would be giving anyone any answers anytime soon Although, Raziel wondered if he could be inspired to do what he was suppose to do just by looking at him.  

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:33 pm
Once again, the bitterness to her tone returned. "Hasn`t changed much from when I last saw him." she gazed down at the unconscious vampire with both disinterest and disdain. "Then again nothing ever changes about the b*****d." When she caught her last words, her brows rose and she clasped her hands over her mouth. "Oh!" What was the matter with her? Was she insane or was that just how her soul switched on and off? Ariel shook her head as she refocused on the situation at hand. "How long has he been unconscious?"

And if Kain had been dormant for this long, 200 years, how long had her past life been in limbo at the Pillars? Ariel watched the dormant vampire for a few more moments before she turned to Raziel. "And this is the same Kain that is supposed to save Nosgoth not only in this time period but in the future as well? If my soul didn`t feel so loathing towards him, I would say that he would go on to do great and destructive things." she made a weak laugh at her last sentence.

He had been the one to help destroy Nosgoth in a sense and yet he was supposed to restore it after all it had been through. Memories of her assasination resurfaced and it became uncomfortable to remain inside. "Excuse me I need a moment of air." she informed before she moved to step outside onto the balcony of the apartment, unlocking it first.

"Kain refused this sacrifice...and yet I should feel the normal amount of hatred my soul usually experiences for him. Does this vessel I exist in really...affect my thoughts as well?" she murmured. Her gaze turned to look out on the city. "If I am reincarnated...what of the members of the Circle of 9?" her moments as the former Ariel didn`t last much longer as she was brought back to her current self and Ariel turned back to the other two in the room. "Where do we go from here?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:36 pm
Once Umah was finished feeding Kain, she headed out of the room. Raziel took her place in the seat beside Kain's bed and just watching the sleeping vampire. He was a bit surprised by Ariel's contemptuous outburst towards Kain, but he of all people should have know that hatred could last more than one lifetime.

While Raziel had forgiven Kain -- no, that wasn't the right word. He hadn't forgiven Kain, he just wasn't angry with him anymore, Raziel was done with being angry, he was tired of it. He supposed the same couldn't be said for Ariel, even though she had past on and was reincarnated now, her grudge seemed to go deeper than he could fathom.

"The plan hasn't changed. I'm going to destroy the Sarafan Lord and take back the Soul Reaver." Raziel replied, his gaze still locked on Kain, as if he espected the other to jump up at any second, ready to aid him. It figured the only time Raziel ever needed Kain and he would find him like this... still, he wondered where his Kain was among all this...

Raziel glanced over his shoulder at Ariel, another question coming to mind. "What do you remember of your previous life, Ariel?" He asked, thinking she must remember something now, if she recalled Kain.  

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:57 pm
"Fragments. Some large and small. I am unfamiliar with most yet everything I see I know I have seen before...perhaps my spirit recognizes it. I remember my former self`s murder obviously. The cirle of 9 members...Myself, Dejoule`, Bane, Malek, Motanius, Azimuth, Acranothe, Moebius, and...Nupraptor..." she stalled on the last one.

"Oh that name. It makes my heart sink and I guess I should know why...yet I don`t want to.` Nupraptor. Her beloved. Well...her past life`s beloved at least. "I suppose I was generally happy and pleasant when I was alive then. As a spirit I guess I suffered much derangement knowing I wouldn`t find peace." she returned to the inside and closed the balcony up. "Nupraptor...I hate saying that name it almost makes me want to mourn it." she laughed.

"Did I know him?" she asked. "I must have been close because It feels horrible saying his name." In an emotional way she supposed.

"Malek...his soul was cursed to his armor. They all went mad after my murder...and Mortanius disappeared. I know not why for any of these things. Heh. I don`t even like thinking about all of these memories that are mine and yet they are not." she looked down at Kain. "My soul knows this man, yet I do bnot. I don`t wish to hate him but part of me does. Is that wrong to some degree, Raziel?" she asked softly.

"Then again...nothing in Nosgoth can ever be classified as `normal`." `Nupraptor...`[/] There it was again. That name kept coming up in her mind, subconsciously a tear fell from her cheek and she quickly wiped at her eye thinking there was something in it. "Dust infested place." she said before looking down at her damp fingertips. "What?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:30 pm
"He was you lover." Raziel said quite bluntly. He didn't know any other way to put it, but he figured it was better for her to know than to be crying over him and not even know why she had these feelings for him.

"His grief over your murder was what initially started the madness that spread throughout the circle." He wondered if she remembered how she had manipulated Kain into destroying the other guardians only to latter on reveal to him that he was her successor and he too had to die. Raziel remembered he had once so coldly reminded Ariel - while she was still bound to the pillars - how she had made her beloved Nupraptor Kain's first kill. It was a cruel thing to say to her, and he knew it, and he had felt ashamed to so callously hurt her over something she probably didn't want to do but had no choice.

"I know it's too late now, but I'm sorry for all the suffering you had to go through." Some of which Raziel had caused himself.  

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:33 pm
"Raziel...I am sure that these things that you have apologized for were only serious at the time." Ariel reached across to touch his shoulder for reassurance. "I do not doubt that you have probably struggled with apologizing over the issue but...the past is the past and I forgive you for these trangressions you have done...even if they are vague or foggy to me." she said, pondering over if she could recall.

"The only clear memory I have is...the releasing of my spirit...or well...my past life`s spirit. I cannot recall much. Most will probably come later. Not immediately but along the way." she gave him a warm smile. "Well...our unconscious acquaintence here doesn`t seem to be much fun at the moment...and Umah has left us to our own devices..." she said, mischief to her tone. "We could explore the town for a bit. I`m technically not without a chaperone and if we get into trouble you know the way back to sanctuary. I suppose your thoughts probably consist of me being insane along the lines of that but I have proven my points.

1. I am not alone.

2. You`re here.

3. Umah has gone.

Besides if we go back to Sanctuary now my father will just continue babbling on about you. I think he`s taken to you for some reason as some kind of personal savior for the family." she laughed.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:58 pm
Raziel looked up at Ariel like she was crazy... but then he realized he had yet to really explore the area... heck, he wasn't even sure how to get back to where the Sarafan Lord was, embarrassingly enough; this place was new and strange to him.

He cocked and eyebrow at her "You're strange, do you know that...?" Raziel said teasingly, then looking back at Kain. He sighed, really wondering why he had come here in the first place if the other was just going to be unconscious the whole time. This wasn't the Kain he was looking for anyway, he needed the Kain from his time. He really wondered where the other could be. Why did he abandon him to this Kain and then the Hylden Lord?

Raziel told Umah that they wouldn't be going back to Sanctuary right away, in spite of Ariel's sense of adventure, he didn't want to just ditch the person who had just helped them.

Once they have Umah's leave, Raziel tossed a cloak at Ariel and dawned one himself. "We'll have to hide our identities." Well, mostly he would have to.

"If anyone asks, I'm you're Grandfather with leprosy" No one would want to look at him or even touch him if they thought he was a leper "If we're stopped by Sarafan, well... you just let me take care of them when we come to that."  

Reaver Of Souls Raziel
Vice Captain

MadxHatterxTeapot
Vice Captain

Dapper Prophet

11,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:58 am
Ariel smirked at his suggestion that he be her `grandfather` while they were in public. "Strange. I don`t recall you sounding so, so, much older than I. no wait. I can see it now. See sir, this is my grandfather whom suffers from a terrible form of leperosy that turns his skin a shade of cerulean blue. It`s highly contagious among males and I would advise you not to touch him or look upon him lest you become infected." she laughed. Ariel fastened her cloak up and yanked Raziel`s hood over his head playfully. "You make a terrible grandfather all ready" she joked.

"Ah well, I suppose since I know my way around these parts I`ll be your guide around and you shall be the guide back when we are close enough for you to discern." she chuckled, taking him by the hand and leading him out into the night. It felt strange though when she grasped his hand, as though it came natural to her spirit but now with her mind. "Come. What do you want to see first? Any place of interest. Any." she said.  
The Pillars of Nosgoth - LoK Role Playing Centeral

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff