Welcome to Gaia! ::

Japanese Academy

Back to Guilds

A virtual classroom where beginners can learn to read and write Japanese. New students welcome! 

Tags: Japanese, Academy, Japan, Learn, School 

Reply Japanese Vocabulary and Grammar Lessons
JAPANESE Lesson Two - Numbers and Ages Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kai Shi
Crew

7,850 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:09 pm
Danshoku Kotonii
Watashi wa jyuu nana sai desu.

Sensei, I've seen 10 as both Juu and Jyuu.
How do I know which one is right?
D:

I've also seen it done both ways. I'd lean more towards jyuu based on how the hiragana is written.

じゅう is how its written. So... じゅ is a 'ji' combined with a small 'yu' making it 'jyu' plus the 'u'. You get 'jyuu'  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:35 pm
Watashi wa jyuu Kyuu sai desu.
is that corrected?  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

Kai Shi
Crew

7,850 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:12 pm
Phoniex of Darkness
Watashi wa Kyuu Jyuu sai desu.
is that corrected?

Are you 90?  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:20 pm
no im 19.  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:32 pm
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:33 pm
Phoniex of Darkness

Perfect~!  

Kai Shi
Crew

7,850 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Yoshie Akira

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:10 am
Watashi wa jyuu go sai desu. smile I'm finally understanding some stuff. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:48 pm
watashi wa, gyuu go.  

WickedYandere

Sarcastic Cultist

kazenosatou generated a random number between 1 and 9 ... 9!

kazenosatou

8,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:30 pm
Boku wa nijuu issai desu
smile  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 4:12 pm
Watashi wa jyuu nana sai desu.

I understand~  

Bloody Rosen Knight

Demonic Shapeshifter

11,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Bookworm 100

Extrapolatron

Distinct Humorist

7,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 4:41 am
私は銃六-歳です。

わかった。

Would it be more appropriate to use -歳 or -才? I went with what seems to be the more formal, just in case.  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:25 am
Gale Gynoid
私は銃六-歳です。

わかった。

Would it be more appropriate to use -歳 or -才? I went with what seems to be the more formal, just in case.

Well done, just be careful when you're switching things over to kanji and make sure to proof read what you have. For example, though 銃 may read as jyuu it doesn't mean the same thing! 銃 means 'gun'! 十 means 10.

And in the case of counting years 歳 is the right counter. I've seen both used and they both work. According to wikipedia 才 is the shorthand of it! Learn something new every day!  

Kai Shi
Crew

7,850 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Extrapolatron

Distinct Humorist

7,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 11:32 am
Kai Shi
Gale Gynoid
私は銃六-歳です。

わかった。

Well done, just be careful when you're switching things over to kanji and make sure to proof read what you have. For example, though 銃 may read as jyuu it doesn't mean the same thing! 銃 means 'gun'! 十 means 10.

And in the case of counting years 歳 is the right counter. I've seen both used and they both work. According to wikipedia 才 is the shorthand of it! Learn something new every day!

Ah, thank you! I can't believe I missed that. I guess I'm more reckless with an IME than I am with a pen. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 3:26 pm
Gale Gynoid
Kai Shi
Gale Gynoid
私は銃六-歳です。

わかった。

Ah, thank you! I can't believe I missed that. I guess I'm more reckless with an IME than I am with a pen. sweatdrop

I inevitably pick the wrong one if the one I want isn't the most common sweatdrop  

Kai Shi
Crew

7,850 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Extrapolatron

Distinct Humorist

7,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 3:08 am
Kai Shi
Gale Gynoid
Kai Shi
Gale Gynoid
私は銃六-歳です。

わかった。

I inevitably pick the wrong one if the one I want isn't the most common sweatdrop

You would have thought that 十 would be more common than "gun" (or the other four kanji that were listed above it). confused  
Japanese Vocabulary and Grammar Lessons

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff