Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Staff Table Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MademoiselleHarmonie

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:58 am

User Image
Professor Mira Sinlcair | Art & Muggle Art Teacher | Hufflepuff

“Art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known.”

User Image

Mira walked into the Great Hall quietly, even though her purple robes and light green beret made her stand out. She surreptitiously looked up along her way, to see what banner decorated the ceiling---to see who had last won the House Cup. She let out a small sigh. 'Its always Slytherin or Gryffindor...' Mira hadn't been to Hogwarts for awhile, but yet...it brought forth the same feeling of....home, but she knew her home had changed, or perhaps it was just the people. Mira hoped Hogwarts or it's residents hadn't changed so much as to lose her.

When Mira reached the Staff Table, she said in an affable voice "Hello, professors." It felt weird to be one of them, Mira poured herself some Gillywater, and used a cleaning charm on a speck of paint she had found on her otherwise clean robes, she distracted herself by watching the Sorting Ceremony.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:08 am
User Image

נαℓιѕѕα мι¢нαєℓѕ

█ ▌ ▐█ ▌ ▐█ ▌▌ ▐█ ▌ ▐█ ▌ ▐█ ▌ ▐█ ▌ █ ▌ ▐█ ▌ ▐█ ▌ ▐█ █ ▌ ▐█ ▌ ▐█ ▌ ▐█

Jalissa
walked into the Great Hall quickly and quietly. Looking around,she saw many more students at each table then there had been in her day,even if that was only 5 years before. She looked up,depicting that Slytherin had won the House Cup again. It was always Slytherin or Gryffindor. Shaking her head,she sat down in her seat.

She carefully watched the new twittering first years be sorted. So far,there had been two Gryffindors and a Hufflepuff. Smiling,she waved her fingertips at the two new additions to Gryffindor. Nodding to Mira,she poured some pumpkin juice into a flask. "Hello,Mira. We have had so many new additions this year,including me and you."

ooc-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Llamapocalypse

Amateur Millionaire

20,275 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100

MademoiselleHarmonie

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:50 pm

User Image

User Image
Mira clapped louder at the Hufflepuff newbies than the others, they were after all, her fellow House-mates. Mira couldn't help but to stare around the Great Hall, now that she sat at the Staff Table the room suddenly looked different...less solemn but still mysterious and strong.

Mira smiled debonairly at the professor who had greeted her, she struggled to remember her name, when it popped into her head she said. "Yeah, we are, Jalissa. I guess Hogwarts missed us." Mira had forced her usual Irish brogue to a minimal, she wondered if her last comment counted as a joke, if it did it sucked. Mira gave Jalissa a questioning look at her flask, she didn't want to address it, but she felt the need to say something...anything. "So, who are you rooting for?"

< confused
>>  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:55 pm
User Image

נαℓιѕѕα мι¢нαєℓѕ

Jalissa
smiled,her lip curving into a crescent moon shape. "I bet it did!" She laughed and winked. "I have learned it is best not to choose sides,but that doesn't stop me from rooting for Gryffindor." She clapped and winked at the little first year girl who had waved to her. She hated choosing sides,but Gryffindors just won her heart every time. After all,it had won her heart during her first year at Hogwarts.

ooc-

Llamapocalypse

Amateur Millionaire

20,275 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100

MademoiselleHarmonie

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:35 pm

User Image

User Image
Mira chortled as Jalissa laughed, she took off her beret and placed it on her lap, she took a glance around the table at the other professors, they weren't familar to her at all. Mira looked back at Jalissa as she spoke.
'Ah, a Gryffindor.' She thought, Mira nodded poiltely in response and said "Eh, even professors stick to their Houses...if they had one. I'm rooting for my fellow Badgers. Looks like we're in the same boat."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:34 pm
User Image

Evelyn strode through the Great Hall at a steady pace, gifting smiles and waves to any student who would take them. She watched as a young girl with soft orange locks, her knees shaking visibly, was sorted into Hufflepuff. It took her back almost fifteen years, when that had been her being greeted by her fellow house-mates. That girl didn't know it now, but the crowd of students embracing her would soon become her family for the next seven years.

As Evelyn approached the staff table, she took in the faces of every Professor, trying to put names to each one. It was her first year back at Hogwarts since the age of seventeen, and her first year here as a Professor; she wasn't nervous, but felt a strong need to be accepted. She took an empty seat near the end of the table, and felt that it would be impolite not to introduce herself to her neighbors. "Good evening, ladies." She addressed the two women closest to her, as she wrapped her midnight blue cloak closer to her body. "I am Professor Evelyn Avery, the new Charms teacher." Evelyn flashed a short, mesmerizing smile as she finished, her dark blue eyes assessing their reactions.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Porcelaine Ivory

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:09 pm
User Image

User Image

"Good evening!" Florence greeted Mira, Evelyn and Jalissa with a soft smile on her lips. She still didn't get the opportunity of meeting every single teacher, but probably was too shy to do so.

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:18 pm
User Image Another women approached the table and greeted them. Evelyn turned her attention to the blonde beauty and introduce herself again. "And good evening to you, as well. Evelyn Avery, Charms. Pleasure to meet you." She spoke in her most confident of voices, slightly intimidated by the woman's looks, but unwilling to show it.

Evelyn turned her attention to the glowing stars shining above them on the ceiling, "I sure have missed this place." She spoke softly, glancing back at the lovely woman. "Is this your first year back, as well? Assuming you attended Hogwarts as a child, that is."

Porcelaine Ivory

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:26 pm
User Image

User Image

(( How flattering! XD ))

Florence flashed a friendly smile to Evelyn.
"Florence Brendon. Music and Choir.", she bowed her head before letting out a small grin invade her lips, "Muggle school." she explained idly, gazing at the stars behind her, too.

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:38 pm
User Image "I see... A story worth telling?" Evelyn asked Florence lightly, a friendly smile spread across her face. "Pretty name, by the way." She threw in quickly, her attention drifting back to the sea of students. They were clad in an array of colors, making her wonder if the rivalry between houses was still as strong as it had been in her day.

Porcelaine Ivory

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:44 pm
User Image

User Image

Florence looked back at the elegant woman, chuckled and shrugged, smiling softly.
"Nah, not really. The only thing I'm bragging about right now is having a husband.", she showed the ring on her hand, smiling proudly, "Thankies! Evelyn's a lovely name, too." she beamed brightly before turning her gazing to the flock of new first years waiting to be sorted. She grunted slightly as the two first ones were sorted into Gryffindor. At least one was sorted into Hufflepuff so far.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:54 pm
User Image "Well, congratulations!" Evelyn applauded the newlywed. "And thank you much." She added when Florence commented on her name. Evelyn notice the woman grunt as two of the first years were sorted into Gryffindor. "Not a fan, I presume? Me neither. I was a Hufflepuff, myself. First in the family." Professor Avery looked down at the table, her eyes glazing over as she wondered whether her parents would've been let down if they had lived long enough to know that Evelyn hadn't carried the genes to follow in their footsteps.

Porcelaine Ivory

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:03 pm
User Image

User Image

Florence laughed lightly as the teacher applauded her. She was received calls the whole summer for congratulations and good luck, and it was always nice to know that you know have someone by your side to love you and protect your shadow.
"I'm in Hufflepuff, too!" she exclaimed joyfully, smiling brightly.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:52 am
User Image

נαℓιѕѕα мι¢нαєℓѕ

Jalissa
smiled. "It seems that everyone here,but me is a Hufflepuff. They'll have mighty support compared to Gryffindor and Slytherin. Maybe Ravenclaw?" Smiling,she turned to the other two women. "Jalissa Michaels. Potions. Gryffindor."

ooc-

Llamapocalypse

Amateur Millionaire

20,275 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100

hocusss

Tipsy Tycoon

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:42 am
User Image

User Image

"Hey!", Florence smiled brightly at Jalissa, "Don't worry, I think Eleanor's in Gryffindor, too. Actually, I think she's the Head." she nodded to the beautiful woman who brought the first years into the Great Hall. She was clapping cheerfully and smiling at the new Gryffindors. She turned her gaze to the enchanted ceiling. It looked like the sky outside: dark and filled with shining stars.

User Image

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff