Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Deities Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xX-Heathenborn-Xx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:23 pm
Sanguina Cruenta
circlelord13
Sanguina Cruenta
circlelord13
what you said could easily be offensive to italian witchcraft practioners! i have incorporated stregheria elements into my practice and i still hold Aradia as a goddess, albeit a maiden goddess but a goddess nonetheless, and also, Hecate is a triple goddess herself, maiden mother AND crone!

i am sorry if i sound angry i am just making a point smile blessed be

Hekate is a triple goddess but like all historical triple goddesses she is NOT maiden, mother and crone. Maiden only I'm afraid. She has three faces because she looks down the three ways of a crossroads.

oh... i thought Diana in Etruscan folklore had three epithets or faces and one was a maiden (proserpina), a mother (Diana), and Hecate the crone of death life and ressurection and the crossroads.....

Proserpina I don't recall having children but she totally got laid. Hekate is a Greek import for sure, same name and everything, and she's totally a maiden. So Etruscan folklore is weird if that's the case. However it seems unlikely because the MMC concept is a modern one. Your source took it from Robert Graves.

interesting.... i like how you are extremely knowledgeable about the craft, i have been studying witchcraft since i was 7 years old though, right under my baptist parents' noses!

were you brought up as a witch?
how i wish i am brought into a pagan family in my next life!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:24 pm
circlelord13
1. if a witch does worship satan, then they are not witches they are usually referred to as Black Magickians...
Black Magickians? And how does what deity a witch worships determines if they're truely a witch or not?  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

xX-Heathenborn-Xx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:28 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
circlelord13
2. never say a witch worships a deity or entity known as satan,

I think its really just don't say ALL witches worship Satan.

Quote:
3. never call a restructionist pagan a "neopagan"

Its really only an insult if the Pagan takes the word "Pagan" as an insult because of where the word came from.
Neopaganism means New Paganism.

yes but i prefer newly reconstructed traditions rather than modern invented ones.... pagan reconstructionism is the continuation of ancient pagan teachings, however a few "new" elements may be incorporated.... but none of the ancient traditions are removed for its place.... so no we are the continuation of the old religion of paganism... not New religion pagans new pagans  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:32 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
circlelord13
1. if a witch does worship satan, then they are not witches they are usually referred to as Black Magickians...
Black Magickians? And how does what deity a witch worships determines if they're truely a witch or not?

a witch, by modern terms, in what a witch is and isnt is in the definition of the wicca: Witches do not believe in a personification of absolute evil, nor do we worship any entity known as "Satan" or "the Devil" as defined by Christian Tradition. Witches do worship the God as the "Horned One," the Consort of the Goddess, and a living symbol of fertility, joy and love. During the times of the Inquisition, the Christian Church declared that the ancient Horned God of the Pagans was actually the Devil. They extracted signed confessions, acknowledging the devil as the leader of the witches, by subjecting thousands of innocent people, mostly women, to horrific torture, imprisonment and death.

There is a religious movement called Satanism, which began during the Middle Ages as a political-religious protest to the control exerted over the masses by the Church. Satanism continues to this day under a variety of names. Satanism has nothing to do with witchcraft.....  

xX-Heathenborn-Xx

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:35 pm
circlelord13
yes but i prefer newly reconstructed traditions rather than modern invented ones.... pagan reconstructionism is the continuation of ancient pagan teachings, however a few "new" elements may be incorporated.... but none of the ancient traditions are removed for its place.... so no we are the continuation of the old religion of paganism... not New religion pagans new pagans
I am aware of what Recon is. I am a Kemetic Pagan.

But I see it as this. Sang is right in saying that we are NeoPagans. We are not able to worship the same way the ancients did due to losses in the information. Thus having to change and add to what we have and rebuilding the religion makes it new again since there is no way to make it exactly like it was.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:38 pm
circlelord13
a witch, by modern terms, in what a witch is and isnt is in the definition of the wicca: Witches do not believe in a personification of absolute evil, nor do we worship any entity known as "Satan" or "the Devil" as defined by Christian Tradition. Witches do worship the God as the "Horned One," the Consort of the Goddess, and a living symbol of fertility, joy and love. During the times of the Inquisition, the Christian Church declared that the ancient Horned God of the Pagans was actually the Devil. They extracted signed confessions, acknowledging the devil as the leader of the witches, by subjecting thousands of innocent people, mostly women, to horrific torture, imprisonment and death.
Source excatly?

Quote:
There is a religious movement called Satanism, which began during the Middle Ages as a political-religious protest to the control exerted over the masses by the Church. Satanism continues to this day under a variety of names. Satanism has nothing to do with witchcraft.....
Satanists can still be witches.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:39 pm
circlelord13
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
circlelord13

I'm sorry but Satanism does have to deal with witchcraft. There is a such thing as Satanic witches that do practice witchcraft.

Also no witches were killed in the Witch Trials. They were all Christians from poor, middle and even upper class people who were BOTH men and women. :s Stop reading Silver Ravenwolf for ******** sakes.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:39 pm
It's pretty rude to say that witches who worship Satan aren't witches. They're no less a witch than the next person. And to say that they practice "black magic" is a pretty huge assumption.

Raven Grimassi is a horrible source on Stregheria. His research is next to nothing and really some of what he talks about has nothing to do with witchcraft but his own religious ideas. I couldn't even finish reading the book.

Stregheria, so I'm told by my relatives, was familial. The child to which it would be passed down to had to be the same gender as the teacher and or born with the cowl (I'm not sure if this is every family, or just my own). There were no written records, especially when Catholicism was strong in the area, so it was a very oral tradition, and if there were written anything they were to be kept to the family. Stregheria isn't a religion, it's a craft.  

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:40 pm
circlelord13

2.most of my sources for Aradia come from Raven Grimassi and Aradia the gospel of the Witches,

Just to give you a heads up- according to the Strega around here, Raven Grimassi is to Strega as Silver Ravenwolf is to Wicca. sweatdrop

And being part of ancient pagan religions was tough, and often messy. Same with a lot of meso-pagan religions.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to get chicken blood out of things?! gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:41 pm
oOGarrettOo
My relatives have been mostly Christian or Catholic (the practicing strega as far as our family history can tell us, anyway). There was never any mention from either of my grandmothers about outside deities they followed.

that is because most stregoni have a family tradition with family secrets and gods, my particular path is the Arician or Aridian tradition founded by Raven Grimassi... one of my Goddesses is Aradia, la Bella Pellegrina or in english, the beautiful pilgrim.. look up or buy a book called Italian Witchcraft by Raven Grimassi or Ways of the Strega by Raven Grimassi. they helped me a lot in finding my path....  

xX-Heathenborn-Xx

xX-Heathenborn-Xx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:45 pm
Ravynne Sidhe
circlelord13
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
circlelord13

I'm sorry but Satanism does have to deal with witchcraft. There is a such thing as Satanic witches that do practice witchcraft.

Also no witches were killed in the Witch Trials. They were all Christians from poor, middle and even upper class people who were BOTH men and women. :s Stop reading Silver Ravenwolf for ******** sakes.

and yes there WERE witches killed in the witch trials, my ancestor was tried and burned at the stake for being a witch! they found her altar, and her tools! so its pretty damn ignorant to insult my heritage by disgracing the
burning times!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:47 pm
circlelord13
1. if a witch does worship satan, then they are not witches they are usually referred to as Black Magicians...

Why?

(Fixed your spelling.)

Quote:
2.most of my sources for Aradia come from Raven Grimassi and Aradia the gospel of the Witches,

I am NOT a Grimassi fan. xp I must admit. Although didn't even he say Aradia was a person in the middle ages?

Quote:
3. BY THE GODS I WISH I WAS A PALEO-PAGAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i want to be because then i would actually see the true teachings of that time....

The true teachings of that might not be all that appealing to us, as modern people. I would like to visit, though. It would be nice to grab all that information and then teleport back.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

xX-Heathenborn-Xx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:47 pm
oOGarrettOo
It's pretty rude to say that witches who worship Satan aren't witches. They're no less a witch than the next person. And to say that they practice "black magic" is a pretty huge assumption.

Raven Grimassi is a horrible source on Stregheria. His research is next to nothing and really some of what he talks about has nothing to do with witchcraft but his own religious ideas. I couldn't even finish reading the book.

Stregheria, so I'm told by my relatives, was familial. The child to which it would be passed down to had to be the same gender as the teacher and or born with the cowl (I'm not sure if this is every family, or just my own). There were no written records, especially when Catholicism was strong in the area, so it was a very oral tradition, and if there were written anything they were to be kept to the family. Stregheria isn't a religion, it's a craft.

if Raven is so "horrible" then why dont you give me factual information or books i can get on the subject?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:48 pm
circlelord13

that is because most stregoni have a family tradition with family secrets and gods, my particular path is the Arician or Aridian tradition founded by Raven Grimassi... one of my Goddesses is Aradia, la Bella Pellegrina or in english, the beautiful pilgrim.. look up or buy a book called Italian Witchcraft by Raven Grimassi or Ways of the Strega by Raven Grimassi. they helped me a lot in finding my path....
I just finished saying that Raven Grimassi is a horrible source on Stregheria. Nothing of what he talks about in that book has to do with Traditional Stregheria because the traditions were all familial! Each family did things differently. Grimassi claims that he's giving real facts about Italian witchcraft when really he's simply tooting his own horn and restating crap that's spewed the same about Wicca. Grimassi is awful and not a valid source on Italian Witchcraft.  

oOGarrettOo

Greedy Conversationalist

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:48 pm
circlelord13
and yes there WERE witches killed in the witch trials, my ancestor was tried and burned at the stake for being a witch! they found her altar, and her tools! so its pretty damn ignorant to insult my heritage by disgracing the
burning times!

Cool story, bro.

Take your trolling elsewhere. Nice try, though.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games