Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Proposal for using guild treasure-WE HAVE AN UPDATE!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How can we write this up...
...so he will actually do if for us?
100%
 100%  [ 63 ]
Total Votes : 63

Tesunie

15,100 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:30 am
I honestly have been wanting sub forum folders. Basically another sub forum for a sub forum. There are certain times when I could use the better separation of subjects.

My example is that I have a role playing guild. If I have a multi-thread role play going on, or more than one role play happening in the same forum, I sometimes want to branch it out more. Like I might want to have a "folder" (for lack of a better term) for the city of Rashi, instead of having the inn of Rashi floating in the same forum as the Inn of the City of Katash.

Or, as my guild is actually a school to help people with role playing, I might want to have several different threads on the God Modding rule going into specific parts of it. instead of having all that with my other guides, if I could place it all into a God-Mod folder it would all be contained in the same place.

(If you respond to this and want me to respond back, PM me please! I don't often look into this guild. Sorry.)

Basically... a Sub-Subforum, as someone else mentioned in their post... Shizuki Heart... no names mentioned. rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:00 am
Tesunie
I honestly have been wanting sub forum folders. Basically another sub forum for a sub forum. There are certain times when I could use the better separation of subjects.

My example is that I have a role playing guild. If I have a multi-thread role play going on, or more than one role play happening in the same forum, I sometimes want to branch it out more. Like I might want to have a "folder" (for lack of a better term) for the city of Rashi, instead of having the inn of Rashi floating in the same forum as the Inn of the City of Katash.

Or, as my guild is actually a school to help people with role playing, I might want to have several different threads on the God Modding rule going into specific parts of it. instead of having all that with my other guides, if I could place it all into a God-Mod folder it would all be contained in the same place.

(If you respond to this and want me to respond back, PM me please! I don't often look into this guild. Sorry.)

Basically... a Sub-Subforum, as someone else mentioned in their post... Shizuki Heart... no names mentioned. rofl

That is an excellent suggestion! Often my members argue whether they want a lot of subforums, or just a few important ones. Those who want a lot of subforums underline that it is clearer to sort topics strictly by subject, those who want just a few argue that too many subforums make the subforum list too long and people forget to check all the subforums. Sub-subforums would be a neat compromise.  

Sergeant Perks

systemfailure99

Toxic Benefactor

14,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Party Member 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:00 am
As I have been reading through some of these suggestions, I found a few that I totally agree upon:

1. Use the guild treasuries to delete some unused subforums. I've had this problem before where I've made too many subforums or I've had some inactivity and I just didn't know what to do with it!

2. I liked Tesunie's idea of having sub-subforums, from what it sounds like, it's almost like the way the Forums are formatted. It'll make the guilds more organized and easier to navigate through, where there's main topics and then subtopics.

3. Another idea that I saw was about using the guild treasury gold for contests and prizes, etc. If this were to happen, I think only the moderators should be able to allow this. Well, I believe that's a given already. Anyways, I believe there's already a log of who donates to the guild, and adds subforums, right? So couldn't the transaction log be tweaked a bit to show who takes the gold from the guild treasury to use in contests?

Sorry if this is a little redundant!!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:55 am
Some of these ideas I saw repeated earlier, so I second (third, fourth....) them as well.

1) subforums of subforums
2) ability to buy items with guild account - but these immediately become unsellable.. These can be used as contest prizes.
3) Advertising
4) rearrange subforums.
5) editable positions with subforums that only they can have.
6) I like the idea of a guild mule position Sergeant Perks came up with.
7) A guild chat room - only for members of the guild. Make it linked from the guild if this option is purchased.
8 ) A guild shop with options for use of the guild treasury. Whatever we come up with, we can put it there.  

BobCatHOH

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

Oblat

Eloquent Man-Lover

10,775 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:01 pm
Not sure if this point was made but being able to use the gold to buy new ranks. I personally hate the fact there are only four ranks and would love the ability to customise my ranks better (considering I run an open world RPG guild and the ranks would help with the multi-verse system, allowing me to rank certain individuals to be mods and set specific permissions for each rank.) Anyways, the gold could be used to buy ranks and customize them.

-- __g to buy the rank.
-- __g to change it's colour (only viewable within the guild.)  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:03 pm
Oh and I like one of the users idea on being able to delete sub-forums, even if you have to pay. Maybe say half of the purchase price so 1250g to delete a sub-forum.  

Oblat

Eloquent Man-Lover

10,775 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Sergeant Perks

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:08 pm
Strude
Not sure if this point was made but being able to use the gold to buy new ranks. I personally hate the fact there are only four ranks and would love the ability to customise my ranks better (considering I run an open world RPG guild and the ranks would help with the multi-verse system, allowing me to rank certain individuals to be mods and set specific permissions for each rank.) Anyways, the gold could be used to buy ranks and customize them.

-- __g to buy the rank.

It has been mentioned. I agree, we could use more ranks. How about... custom rank titles? So I could rank myself as Overlord or Sergeant, and other people as Queen, Court Jester, Corporal, Official Puppy, whatever. And each person could choose in their profile settings whether they want their rank to show in the guild, in the guild and all of gaia, or not at all. There should be one color for all guild ranks, to avoid people making greenish ranks and using them as fake Mods. Is red in use for some under-username ranks already?

As to what powers the ranks would have, that should also be customable like you suggested, and it should have the option where you can give someone Crew member privileges only in a specific subforum. So if I have a subforum for Roleplays and another for Contests, I could make it so that the Contests forum crew member can't edit posts in Roleplays and vice versa.

Also, all guild changes should become active in zOMG! clans also.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:38 pm
Sergeant Perks
Strude

-- __g to buy the rank.

It has been mentioned. I agree, we could use more ranks. How about... custom rank titles? So I could rank myself as Overlord or Sergeant, and other people as Queen, Court Jester, Corporal, Official Puppy, whatever. And each person could choose in their profile settings whether they want their rank to show in the guild, in the guild and all of gaia, or not at all. There should be one color for all guild ranks, to avoid people making greenish ranks and using them as fake Mods. Is red in use for some under-username ranks already?

As to what powers the ranks would have, that should also be customable like you suggested, and it should have the option where you can give someone Crew member privileges only in a specific subforum. So if I have a subforum for Roleplays and another for Contests, I could make it so that the Contests forum crew member can't edit posts in Roleplays and vice versa.

Also, all guild changes should become active in zOMG! clans also.

That is what I mean. Buy ranks and be able to name and colour them, so users have

Strude
Guild Captain (or a custom name)

Users Name
Vice Captain (or a custom name)

Users Name
Forum Moderator (or a custom name)

Users Name
Recruitment Team (or a custom name)

"And each person could choose in their profile settings whether they want their rank to show in the guild, in the guild and all of gaia, or not at all." I like the idea of choosing personal settings. But I say the guild ranks should only appear inside the guild. When you post around Gaia it doesn't appear, otherwise people around Gaia will be confused. Leave the ranks appear only when you post in the guild itself.

"There should be one color for all guild ranks, to avoid people making greenish ranks and using them as fake Mods. Is red in use for some under-username ranks already?" Yeah very true, I always forget people try to be assholes like that and attempt to swindle users.

Wish my thread with my idea still had the pictures. I sort of cleared out the Pbucket account with them all in it. QQ.s  

Oblat

Eloquent Man-Lover

10,775 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

1wolffan

5,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:25 pm
LollyxBeans
If there was any change, however, and guild funds could be used to purchase items from shops, they would need a place to go other than the person's inventory. So, guilds would need an inventory - this would be something openly viewable by all members of the guild. There should also be an open log of guild transactions, like wingedcentaur said, identifying those who have donated as well as the purchases made, and who received what item, as well as when they received it. If possible, a 'reason' option could be added, such as 'winner of the Fall contest' or some such.

There is much to read in this entire thread. But this idea has some pretty good merit. If there was a viewable inventory for guilds (preferably only editable by crew and/or up) Anyone who would be acting dishonestly, would have to take into consideration that they are being watched.

I also like the idea of keeping a transaction record similar to the current "trades" list in individual accounts. Make that viewable by everyone in a guild too. Keep a specific log of who donates, who pulls from the account, reasons, etc. Again, if the person knows they're being watched, they will think a little more before they do something stupid.

I AM FULLY OPPOSED TO items gotten from guild funds to not be allowed in marketplace, or buyable items being exclusively from a select list of items. A competition is nearly worthless if the items gained are limited. I'd love to have enough money to buy an Ancient Katana for instance. Then the competition would be worth even more to entrants.

If the person has what they want, they won't enter as many contests. If they can sell the won items for gold to get things they do want, there will be more entrants. After a while, people wouldn't enter at all if they already had all the items. And that could hurt guild activity.

I will type more as I read more.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:22 pm
The main reasons I would like to use the Guild Treasury is to;

• Delete subforums.
  • Add forums onto Subforums.
  • Change the Homepage Layout (CSS Coding - If it was introduced) - Text completely different.
  • Buying some Add-space for those Gaia-Related Guilds.

Bobby Dillon

Familiar Businessman

6,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Corporal Maladict

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:19 pm
I would like to use guild funds for:

- a chatroom and/or virtual space such as Rally or Houses, available only to guild members
- another chatroom and/or virtual space, available to guild members and people the guild members send an invitation to - this could be used to recruit new members and advertise the guild
- making mules official, as Sergeant Perks has suggested (she is my VC in Shades of Ankh-Morpork)
- tipping posts in guild forums (only from Captain account or official mule account)
- larger guild banners, advertisement space for example as billboards located in Towns and Rally (pay 10 k, get billboard for one week in 30 randomly chosen rally rooms at a time. Pay 30 k, get billboard for one week in a fixed location in Towns. Billboard would have a link to the guild)
- buy a different color for your guild's name to show up in the directory, all bBcode colors
- sub-subforums
- changing colors in guild forums
- banners for individual topics in guild forums, to show up beside each topic title
- a guild weekly/monthly magazine, like an announcement, but sent only to those who choose the option on the guild page to subscribe to it, and no limit in length
- more crew ranks, I don't care what they're called or what color the titles are, just give us more ranks. If I may make a suggestion, follow the theme of 'captain' and 'vice captain' and make all ranks military ranks...
- three different types of guild announcements: urgent, weekly, and luxury. Urgent announcements would be sent to all members who haven't opted out in their preferences. Weekly announcements would be sent at the same time on the same day each week - the captain could upload the announcement in advance, and Gaia would send it out on the chosen date and time. And luxury announcements would have a dozen or so different post frames to choose from, background colors, special frames for images, and longer character limit.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:02 am
Just restating my ideas/wants for them to be seen again.

The main things I am wanting is a possible word counter for each post, custom ranks, sub forums inside sub forums.  

ele360

Dangerous Werewolf

5,850 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:48 am
Corporal Maladict

- tipping posts in guild forums (only from Captain account or official mule account)

Not going to be able to happen until Gaia actually updates the guilds coding, something they seem reticent to do.

I love the idea of different levels of announcement, maybe Gaia could charge more for urgent then the other two though I'd rather see that sent to all guild members including those who opt out of seeing announcements (This links to my personal frustration at the fact people can opt out of something that's paid for ...)  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:40 pm
Pilotslover
Corporal Maladict

Not going to be able to happen until Gaia actually updates the guilds coding, something they seem reticent to do.

I love the idea of different levels of announcement, maybe Gaia could charge more for urgent then the other two though I'd rather see that sent to all guild members including those who opt out of seeing announcements (This links to my personal frustration at the fact people can opt out of something that's paid for ...)

You must be in quality guilds only. I've been in some where the captains send announcements along the lines of 'vote for me in the arenas!!!'  

Sergeant Perks

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:56 pm
Sergeant Perks
Pilotslover
Corporal Maladict

You must be in quality guilds only. I've been in some where the captains send announcements along the lines of 'vote for me in the arenas!!!'

If I pay for something I expect the full service.

I'm paying to send an announcement to all my guild members so I expect everyone to see them, it's not so much about annoyance more about getting what I paid for.  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff