Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Australian Guild
SOUTH AUSTRALIA || The Mighty South Aussies, Yeah! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:32 am
Wow you guys are coming up with more stuff about SA than I am! And I made this thread!

Anyway, just thought I'd mention that I changed the name of the Thread after Foodland's slogan...hope it's alright to do that.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:57 pm
Bout time the name was changed... and its alot better now... at least the foodland slogan is South Aussie.. lol  

Hullo Smiley

Beloved Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200

Simonluvs69

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:57 pm
Isnt Fritz unique to SA? I think some other states have it, but were the only ones that call it 'fritz'.. Lol, thats bout as far as my knowledge goes.. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:18 pm
There's fritz, and schooners, balfours frog cakes...a whole lotta things that are unique to South Australia.

I like the slower pace here in lifestyle in general compared to larger cities. You don't see as many people rushing around all over the place.  

Hullo Smiley

Beloved Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:48 am
Well I am really sad at the moment as in 3 weeks I am moving away from South Australia to work in China for a year... and I am already feeling home sick and I have only just started packing..

I love my house near the beach and all my family and friends here... I dont know how I am going to cope once I leave...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:47 pm
I reckon you'll enjoy experiencing a different culture...and it's only a year. If you don't already know any Chinese you may learn a new language too.

I hope you have a good trip Hullo Smiley, I almost envy you. I've always wanted to go to China.  

Frog Juice

7,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:04 pm
They call Fritz "Devon". I think that's how it's spelt. We have a family friend from NSW and it's really fun when we compare the things from interstate with SA.

Also they don't have delis. They have "milk bars".

I just love the fact that South Australia isn't hugely crowded. I'm not the biggest lover of crowds and stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:17 pm
Hey how can we forget our mighty balls of steel!!!

(you gotta be a south aussie to know what the hell THAT means!! lol)  

Jerome253

Jerome253

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:22 pm
DaveOZ
CaiLing
Once I was listening to the breakfast show on SAFM and they mentioned that Adelaide is known for having some pretty well known 'freaks'. Unfortunately the only one I can think of, and that I've actually seen is Spandex guy.

What about that fat guy who sits in rundle mall playing compltely RANDOM things on his electric keyboard in a vain atempt at busking!! lol!

Or the ancient military guy who hands out all the free bibles outside of woolworths!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:15 pm
Ok, I am now in China. It snows every second day and is freezing cold. I arrived in time for the end of the Spring Festival for Chinese New Year. For about 5 Dollars Australian I was able to buy a huge amount of fireworks and rockets. I let off more than the fireworks display at Semaphore Beach on New Years Eve (including all the big ones in Red, Green, Glitter and those Noisy ones).

The food here is nice but took some getting use to. The accomodation is basic compared to Aus but it will do. There are no other Westerners where I live so its just my partner and I. The only people here who speak English are the English Teachers. Alot of the Chinese here have never even seen a Westerner before. Some people take photos of us or want to touch us like in a petting zoo.

Living here has its Ups and Downs, I am very homesick and miss my family and friends Alot. From what I have seen here, Australians are very lucky people and have alot that we take for granted everyday. I will be very greatful to get home, but I intend to make the most of my time here.  

Hullo Smiley

Beloved Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:57 am
Jerome253
Hey how can we forget our mighty balls of steel!!!

(you gotta be a south aussie to know what the hell THAT means!! lol)

I know a joke related to that...what's long and has two balls? The answer's obvious in relation to what I've quoted.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:58 am
Jerome253
DaveOZ
CaiLing
Once I was listening to the breakfast show on SAFM and they mentioned that Adelaide is known for having some pretty well known 'freaks'. Unfortunately the only one I can think of, and that I've actually seen is Spandex guy.

What about that fat guy who sits in rundle mall playing compltely RANDOM things on his electric keyboard in a vain atempt at busking!! lol!

Or the ancient military guy who hands out all the free bibles outside of woolworths!!!

I've seen a photo of the fat guy with the keyboard...but I've never actually seen him before...

But I have seen the bible guy many times. 3nodding

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:04 am
Hullo Smiley
Ok, I am now in China. It snows every second day and is freezing cold. I arrived in time for the end of the Spring Festival for Chinese New Year. For about 5 Dollars Australian I was able to buy a huge amount of fireworks and rockets. I let off more than the fireworks display at Semaphore Beach on New Years Eve (including all the big ones in Red, Green, Glitter and those Noisy ones).

The food here is nice but took some getting use to. The accomodation is basic compared to Aus but it will do. There are no other Westerners where I live so its just my partner and I. The only people here who speak English are the English Teachers. Alot of the Chinese here have never even seen a Westerner before. Some people take photos of us or want to touch us like in a petting zoo.

Living here has its Ups and Downs, I am very homesick and miss my family and friends Alot. From what I have seen here, Australians are very lucky people and have alot that we take for granted everyday. I will be very greatful to get home, but I intend to make the most of my time here.

I hope you do manage to make the most of your time there... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:03 am
Update, I still miss Australia... mostly SA... it really is a great place to live. After living overseas for a while you really come to appreciate all the the things that we take for granted. Adelaide really is an amazing and beautiful city and I love being able to show people how beautiful it really is. Most people ask me why I dont go back, and nearly all want to go there to visit...

Thats why it was sad for me to come on and see our thread on page 2. Please people dont let this thread die... SA really is great

Smiley  

Hullo Smiley

Beloved Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200

Simonluvs69

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:05 am
Hey Adelaidians!
Hows it goin down in your part of SA? It gets fair hectic here in the Northern suburbs at times.. Hate ya'll down south, with your beach side apartments and s**t.. stare

So what's everyone up to lately? Theres sweet FA to do in Adelaide as usual. I missed the Necro gig, so I was peakin' about that. The 10th Sumer Enchanted is coming up in December, so I expect to see everyone there! It's going to be a MADD night I recon.  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff