Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply DigiLine (Tamer Profile Forum)
Orre Champion Monty -Shakamon's Ambasador- Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:04 pm
Blademaster Banryu
Zadok the 28th
Blademaster Banryu
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu

...so with the whole random thing, are you telling me that I run the risk of getting like a Numemon or something (from my Betamon) if I don't do a random evo...? Dx

If you normal digivolve, you will get a Seadramon, but if you do an unexpected digivolve, yes you do run the risk of getting a numemon, but since Numemon finally has a full line and a pretty interesting looking one, I wouldn't say that i was as bad as Digimon World 1 made it seem.

No well Numemon isn't BAD, per se, (Monzaemon is normal and very strong), I just don't like him very much is all. x___x....I'm wondering why Seadramon is considered normal and Airdramon is not, considering Betamon digivolved into both of them in the same source.

EDIT @ Zadok:

Actually, I haven't dedicatedly watched any season since 3. sweatdrop What can I say, I just didn't like any of them that much. ^.^ I didn't like the lack of partners in 4, I didn't like the worse animation and stupid characters (LOLMarcus) in 5, and the concept of 6 just doesn't appeal to me that much. And I get what you're saying about the Pokemon and Digimon and I agree that I don't want one to be the other, but you have to look at the fact that one is much more successful than the other... and I think part of that is that Pokemon is just done more professionally than Digimon is. I mean, look at all the mistranslations and grammar errors... there were hundreds in Dawn/Dusk's story, it drove me nuts! They just don't take it as seriuosly as Nintendo and Gamefreak did with Pokemon, I think. That's just from a business standpoint, of course... I love them both a lot for what they are and what they have different from each other.

Buisness stand point you couldnt be more right. Pokemon blows digimon out of the water especially in america. -It is closer in Japan and Korea but not by enough to make up for the loss in the US- That being said both companies also ran themselves differently regaurdless of systems. And as much as you or I hate them 4, 5, 6, and 7 have all existed and are or will all be implemented in this guild and we cant keep that from happening I just accept Digimon as a whole and the parts that I dislike I stay away from but they are still digimon so they get representation just like the rest. That's my opinion on the matter.

Honestly I just think that Digimon wasn't as successful in America because Bandai didn't put forth the effort into making sure it would really succeed. :I Maybe at first, but after a while they got sloppy and stopped sending stuff to us, and that makes me sad. Dx For shame, Bandai, for shame... ;~; (Also, I didn't say I hated 4-7, I'm just not a fan and stuff-- wait, what? did you say 7? We're on season 7 already?! Holyyyy crap on a shitbiscuit.... that was quick...)

But yeah, there are bits you like and bits you don't like, and you just stay away from the bits you don't care for. xD That's how I roll too~

Yes!!!! 7 is awesome, and the Tamers have rules!!!!! I'm so excited about it!!! totally makes up for all the BS of 6 i think it might even tie all the seasons together.... eek

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:05 pm
Orre Champion Monty
yea since when was this a chatterbox razz

Always... we just were keeping it in reserve for a good conversation rofl

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:06 pm
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu

No well Numemon isn't BAD, per se, (Monzaemon is normal and very strong), I just don't like him very much is all. x___x....I'm wondering why Seadramon is considered normal and Airdramon is not, considering Betamon digivolved into both of them in the same source.

Well almost every source that is connected to something official leads to Betamon digivolving into Seadramon as opposed to Airdramon. Also the reason for their ranking is that once upon a time Airdramon's line led to Goldramon (who has a special guild ability). Unfortunately, over time Airdramon was seen as a less likely candidate for a direct line to Goldramon and we just haven't changed it as it doesn't bother anything with Airdramon being a different rank.
....ehhh? But I thought Digimon could have multiple 'normal' evolutions. Dx Look at Agumon's DMA profile, he gots Greymon, Tyrannomon, and GeoGreymon all in that category... .__. And I know that in the cards and in the V-pet, Betamon Digivolved into Airdramon AND Seadramon-- wait, no, Seadramon's first card didn't even have Betamon as a prevo option. .__. Yes yes, the anime... is seen as much more credible for some reason... *pout* ...but it's not like there's anything to suggest that Betamon -> Seadramon and NOT Airdramon... more like... it points to both...? ._. (except the anime.)

....wait, why am I trying to convince you? It's not like you make the rules... o.O Derp. (...but still!!)

EDIT: Sorry, Monty. Dx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:11 pm
Blademaster Banryu
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu

Well almost every source that is connected to something official leads to Betamon digivolving into Seadramon as opposed to Airdramon. Also the reason for their ranking is that once upon a time Airdramon's line led to Goldramon (who has a special guild ability). Unfortunately, over time Airdramon was seen as a less likely candidate for a direct line to Goldramon and we just haven't changed it as it doesn't bother anything with Airdramon being a different rank.
....ehhh? But I thought Digimon could have multiple 'normal' evolutions. Dx Look at Agumon's DMA profile, he gots Greymon, Tyrannomon, and GeoGreymon all in that category... .__. And I know that in the cards and in the V-pet, Betamon Digivolved into Airdramon AND Seadramon-- wait, no, Seadramon's first card didn't even have Betamon as a prevo option. .__. Yes yes, the anime... is seen as much more credible for some reason... *pout* ...but it's not like there's anything to suggest that Betamon -> Seadramon and NOT Airdramon... more like... it points to both...? ._. (except the anime.)

....wait, why am I trying to convince you? It's not like you make the rules... o.O Derp. (...but still!!)

Uhhh... Not to put anymore to the title of moderatior than there already is, but I do help with the creation of rules and altercations... sweatdrop

Nonetheless, Some digimon do have multiple normal routes and for those digimon there is a system specifically for them. In the case of Agumon there is the Alt systems (odd/even) that determines between Tyrannomon and Greymon and Geogreymon is reserved for AgumonDS (the one with the bracers).

Edit: Seems to me, from your evaluation, that the anime was the deciding factor that tipped the scales of fate in favor of Seadramon as opposed to airdramon. Nonetheless, tis an interesting point you make, but one that we all know the answer to.

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:17 pm
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu

Uhhh... Not to put anymore to the title of moderatior than there already is, but I do help with the creation of rules and altercations... sweatdrop

Nonetheless, Some digimon do have multiple normal routes and for those digimon there is a system specifically for them. In the case of Agumon there is the Alt systems (odd/even) that determines between Tyrannomon and Greymon and Geogreymon is reserved for AgumonDS (the one with the bracers).

wait where is this system?!?! and why don't i know about it?
could i have done that with Renamon?!?! AHHH sad day sad
oh well too late now, but seriously where is this one? I must have missed it in the TP shop (just looked)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:17 pm
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu

....oh yeah, forgot you mentioned that. o.O Well, in that case, let the great debate begin. >D

Tyrannomon, you say, is a 'normal evolution' for Agumon....? What precedence is there for this, I ask you, my good man? Not the show, surely, I've never seen Agumon and Tyrannomon look twice at each other in the anime... (speaking figuratively of course) But the V-pet? The cards? Digimon World? Ah, I could make an argument that perhaps Elecmon is the better rookie for Tyrannomon, with their shared coloration of skin/eyes/strikes, their shared Data-type....? In fact, one might even say that Tyrannomon is more debatable than Greymon or Seadramon as a normal evolution for Agumon! If Tyrannomon is considered a normal evolution with such minor yet conclusive evidence, then why not Airdramon too?! Consider my words, if you would be so kind...

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:20 pm
lief_7
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu

oh well too late now, but seriously where is this one? I must have missed it in the TP shop (just looked)

Whoops... it's still in the works, but has been accepted for certain digimon, mainly the veemon scandal that was occurring a few months ago.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:24 pm
Veemon scandal? :0 Do tell.  

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:27 pm
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
lief_7
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu

Whoops... it's still in the works, but has been accepted for certain digimon, mainly the veemon scandal that was occurring a few months ago.

Ah i see then, very well carry on and i shall see it soon. twisted

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:01 pm
Blademaster Banryu

Once upon a time no one noticed that there were digimon with multiple normal solutions and the guild was not prepared for this. It was first seen but sadly disregard with devimon being able to go multiple ways, solved by giving away the lowest ranked one (normal myotismon), but then it escalated in the form of Veemon. This came as a shock since as of late, ExVeemon for paildramon and so on was all the rage.

Something needed to be done to settle this and give tamers access to Veedramon lest he disappear and thus forth, the Alternate Generation System was BORN!!! YAY!! It's still in development as there are still some digimon with more than two normal lines.

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:05 pm
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu

Once upon a time no one noticed that there were digimon with multiple normal solutions and the guild was not prepared for this. It was first seen but sadly disregard with devimon being able to go multiple ways, solved by giving away the lowest ranked one (normal myotismon), but then it escalated in the form of Veemon. This came as a shock since as of late, ExVeemon for paildramon and so on was all the rage.

Something needed to be done to settle this and give tamers access to Veedramon lest he disappear and thus forth, the Alternate Generation System was BORN!!! YAY!! It's still in development as there are still some digimon with more than two normal lines.

So... if I'm properly understanding... you just made it so that Digimon with multiple digivolutions in different generations... can only pick one of those normally... with the others being limited? Like how Greymon is open publicly, but Tyrannomon and GeoGreymon are restricted/limited?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:27 pm
Blademaster Banryu
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu

So... if I'm properly understanding... you just made it so that Digimon with multiple digivolutions in different generations... can only pick one of those normally... with the others being limited? Like how Greymon is open publicly, but Tyrannomon and GeoGreymon are restricted/limited?

Unlike a normal Greymon, Tyrannomon is linked to a rather important digimon, Goldramon. And as I said before, GeoGreymon is reserved to AgumonDS

normal agumon: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100723054737/digimon/images/6/68/Agumon_b.jpg

Agumon DS: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081218081430/digimon/images/f/fc/Agumon_(2006_anime)_b.jpg

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:39 pm
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu

Unlike a normal Greymon, Tyrannomon is linked to a rather important digimon, Goldramon. And as I said before, GeoGreymon is reserved to AgumonDS

normal agumon: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100723054737/digimon/images/6/68/Agumon_b.jpg

Agumon DS: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20081218081430/digimon/images/f/fc/Agumon_(2006_anime)_b.jpg

(Right but so what I said is correct, right...? oh whatever, =__= *is confused*)

And I still think it's stupid that DMA thinks Tyrannomon is related to Goldramon. Dx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:41 pm
Blademaster Banryu
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu

(Right but so what I said is correct, right...? oh whatever, =__= *is confused*)

And I still think it's stupid that DMA thinks Tyrannomon is related to Goldramon. Dx

*remembers when Airdramon's line was connected to Goldramon*

Never said you were wrong, just telling you why Greymon is normal and the other two are limited.

-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Crew

Married Shapeshifter

14,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:44 pm
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu
-InsertEgoHere- Liger
Blademaster Banryu

*remembers when Airdramon's line was connected to Goldramon*
Never said you were wrong, just telling you why Greymon is normal and the other two are limited.

Oh I know I know, you were just stating the way the Guild and DMA look at it, I understand that. I was just spouting my opinion is all. xD It's not like there's any Ultimate form to link Airdramon and Goldramon anyway, the only real evidence is their attribute... and um... family.... and the fact that Goldramon gives you Airdramon's Data in DW Dawn. But no Ultimate stage is kind of a killer... x___X

But... Seriously, MasterTyrannomon -> Goldramon? Dx That's stupid. Even AeroVeedramon -> Goldramon made more sense than that...

....I'm sorry, I'm sorry, there I go again, hehe. @w@ I have very strong opinions, it's hard to hold them back sometimes...

((BTW my confusion was stemming from trying to link what you said about all that stuff to Veemon. I didn't really get his relevance to the scandal that he's apparently named for. @A@))

DigiLine (Tamer Profile Forum)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff