Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dragon Quest/Warrior Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all your Dragon Quest/Warrior needs! 

Tags: JRPG, Slimes, Roto, Alefgard, Zenithia 

Reply Party Chat (Chatterbox)
Rate the Person's Video Game Composition Above You! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ThePersonInFrontOfYou
Vice Captain

Wheezing Wench

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:38 am
Roy, I was joking. One of the developers behind NieR is a key player in Dragon Quest X. And like hell they're gonna replace Sugiyama. They'd never replace one of the big three of DQ. The music in DQX, from what I've heard of it in the trailers, is Sugiyama through and through, like there was any doubt.

Next time, I'll be sure to post more bucktooth smilies when I talk about this stuff.

:B :B :B :B :B :B :B :B :B :B

As for this song, this is some really great piano work. I like it a lot. It has dynamics, a nice clip to it, and a pensive yet gleeful and refreshing melody. Though I feel as though the synth wind noises cheapen it a bit. I'll give this number an 8/10.

It's getting very Motoi Sakuraba in here. Who knows when another one will pop up?

Ayuthay- Golden Sun Dark Dawn by Motoi Sakuraba

Ahh! They're everywhere!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:26 am
Ah, if I recall correctly this was your favorite song from the Golden Sun Dark Dawn soundtrack Totoro. It has a nice, calming feeling to it, and the beat just feels right to the place. I liked the fact that some cities just got their own music to the game, rather than playing one track over and over. 9/10 from Nom.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. The Hidden Village by Toru Minegishi, Asuka Ota, Koji Kondo  

Belzayne

Lonely Girl

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:58 pm
This song has very catchy rhythm deals goin' on there, I liked it, only thing that remotely touched it was the odd whistling, which I sort of felt seemed arbitrary to a certain, minute extent. 8/10

Let's Go Down the Wine River (Or Midis River if you're used to 1990s NA dubbing xD )- from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars written by Yoko Shimomura  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:09 am
To be honest, I have never played Super Mario RPG. sweatdrop
I like this song though. It has a light-hearted feel to it and it makes it feel like --dare I say it?-- you're actually on one of those lazy rivers, just relaxing while you go with the flow. 9/10

I was about to choose my song when I found this particular song again. And I thought "You know, I can save my original choice for later. This one... I doubt I'll find it a third time." And so here we go.

Yay bullet hell. emotion_awesome

Cry! Scream! from Mushihimesama Futari.  

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

ThePersonInFrontOfYou
Vice Captain

Wheezing Wench

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:12 pm
You have such interesting taste, Royboy. There are so many things I don't hear much of, let alone know at all. This song darts between pretty cool and busy and slightly grating, honestly. I know the song is called "Cry! Scream!", but if it was it's goal to be unsettling, then it isn't consistent. I didn't like the yelping voices in the beginning, and those weird synth noises that would come in and out and stick out against the DDR-music-esque speedy part. I do like when it speeds up after the slow opening, though. From powerful striking notes to speedy fast-paced action. Overall, I'd give it a 7/10. It's not really my style, but I can dig it.

His Father's Son- Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, by Yuka Tsujiyoko.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:45 pm
It's got that "I'm starting my journey as a hero" kinda feel to it. Considering this is Ike we're talking about... it fits him. Especially in the beginning of FE9.

8.5/10

-cracks knuckles- I actually stumbled on this next one recently, and it was gonna be one of the ones I was gonna play before I found Cry! Scream! So I guess this'll do now.

Wail of Soul from Lost Child. This VN eroge (lol) was produced by Tamasoft and I think SSH had some part in it.  

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:32 am
I enjoyed that song, it was almost like something out of Romancing SaGa PS2, which I loved, but no one else did. <3 It's rare when people can pull off the whole rock look in video games and be cool about it, but in this case (while we're at it, Ys, Romancing SaGa and Legend of the Dragoon are other great examples of rock done right in video games), this game wins with the rock look too, 8.8/10.

Red Canyon- From F-Zero written by Yumiko Kanki and Naoto Ishida.

^ Samurai Goroh Territory. cool  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:33 pm
As an addition to my previous post... Screw Brawl. To heck with Eternal Bond. His Father's Son will always be Ike's Theme in my head.

I have to admit, I like the background beat very much, but at the same time, when it's alone, it feels a bit clunky. Like the instruments are cutting themselves off. But it's SNES music, and you can't do as much with multiple layers, especially with something this speedy. The SNES trumpet noises cover for that well when they come in, though. It's good racing music, so it suits the subject matter, with a quick pace and a decent amount of variation. I'm usually a big sucker for key changes, but the song doesn't really spend enough time in either key to do much or build to anything. And I think the structure of the song sounds much better in the first key. It's a decent song still, but it doesn't really leave me with anything. I'll give it a 6/10.

Disc 2 world map theme- Legend of Dragoon by Dennis Martin  

ThePersonInFrontOfYou
Vice Captain

Wheezing Wench

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:00 pm
As much nostalgia as F-Zero brings to me, I must admit, the sound quality wasn't that great in the game, although the fan remakes are worth listening to if you're into metal music. Why I picked Red Canyon over something like Big Blue or Mute City? I just wanted to be non-mainstream, that's all. : P

As for the World Map song, I couldn't help but feel a certain feeling of tedium to it. It may sound weird, but that's what comes to my mind when I hear piano, sort of like in Chapter 7 of FE4? However, that being said, the song is still well structured, has a nice back beat and probably a nice song to go on a leisure ride in a car with. 7.9/10

Black Forest from Genso Suikoden written by Miki Higashino  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:19 pm
That's a nice work of strings in there. Bit repetitive, but it does change it up a little to keep it fresh. It kinda grows on ya. 7.8/10

-saves some of his more rock-oriented songs for later, and goes with this-

Destati from Kingdom Hearts 1.  

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

Misuki Marishima

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:21 pm
Oh, KH music? You know I'm lovin' this. This plays towards the beginning, as you're being shown to your destiny! It gives off that sense of "It's adventure time! <3"

I give it a 8/10 for being an awesome opening theme for the starting events of the story, but it still doesn't hold a candle to some of KH's later tunes.

As much as I wanna link another of my KH fave collection, I'll go for a different flavor.

Final Fantasy Tactics Love!- Antipyretic There should really be more SRPG map music as dramatic as this.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:24 pm
Oh, I love FFT so much! Although I'm not a fan of any other FFT title afterwards, FFT is one of the first SRPGs I've played and can say I've fully mastered. This song is awesome too, you can sense the climatic sense to this feeling, kind of like kicking Wiegraf's a** in front of a windmill, or fighting Gafgarian ( <- sort of early game spoilers) at the fort). Another visual I get is Ramza fighting not so bad guys in despair and trying to convince them to lay down their swords, but to no avail. So in conclusion, I love FFT and this songs gives great visuals and even matches the battles it's in, 8.5/10

The Guardian from Illusion of Gaia written by Yasuhiro Kawasaki

Edit: Although I do love the FFTA soundtrack a hell o' a lot, I should probably replay them in a non game breaking way (I spam'd Steal Ability in FFT and made Marche unfairly strong) maybe it'd be harder that way? xD  

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Misuki Marishima

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:03 pm
Oh, I love the sound of this! It's rather ominous and it reminds me of some of the music I heard in FF VI (I gotta love the old school tunes too.)

It sounds like a big battle is about to go down too. It's one of those "building tension" songs.

I already fought Gafgarion at the gallows. He was harrrrd. D: <- I know a few FF T spoilers here.

Speaking of old school music...

Protect the Espers! - Final Fantasy VI.

You should know I'd link something to the game I've nearly finished LPing.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:28 pm
Typical FF battle music. It's got that urgent feel to it, like you're in some rush to get somewhere. It fits the name of the song. 8.5/10

Dark Saint Battle from Lost Odyssey.  

gabriel sama

High-functioning Player

The Lolwut Pear
Captain

Mega Fatcat

12,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:42 pm
I've always wanted to play this game, and I loved the song, it had a great melody, although the melody came up in other instruments in the piece than I was comfortable with, I still greatly enjoyed that song, it had a bit of everything for everyone! 8/10

Sami's Phase from Advance Wars: Duel Strike by Yoshito Hirano [?] (FE's older, underrated brother xD )  
Party Chat (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff