Welcome to Gaia! ::

Faekat Adoption Agency

Back to Guilds

Faekat Guild 

Tags: Faekat, breedables 

Reply ✚ Archived Threads
University of Hermes: Tremere Chantry (Open!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

serpentsong

Aged Survivor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:54 pm
As the next section of their night came to a close, the elder could not help but smile. Oh yes, they had lost one of the students, a sad fact but true. It was thinning the flock, weeding out those that were less than worthy and that was not something to frown upon. He dismissed the class for their first night, leaving them with nothing more than a simple smile and a warning that they had best return the following night with fresh heads.

~~~~~~~

The next night came, the moon high in the midnight sky, and he sat. His eyes closed and waiting as he heard the students once more file into their seats. He grinned that dark and sultry smile and let his eyes flash open. "Ancient history. What is it now more than a mass amount of facts and legends that swirl about in your mind? It is what builds us up, makes us what we are today. If you do not know the past, how is it you can move on?"

He lifted a pile of papers from his desk, waving them slightly at the class before slowly rising to pass them out. "This is you next project. Open library, open mind, but I want time and effort put into these exams. Shoe me what you know of the world, both in the darkness and the light that this world offers us all." He placed the last test down on the desk and chuckled. "I am certain you will all find these questions...educational. You have all of these night's time to look for this information. I then desire these forms resubmitted on my desk for grading. You get one chance at this not editing once they are submitted."

Ancient History Exam
True False

1. A Pharaoh never let his hair be seen. (Even by his spouse) ____

2. Legend says a guest died at one of Emperor Nero's dinner parties due to inhaling rose petals. ____

3. There was no punishment in the middle ages for using "deviant" positions in the bedroom. ____

4. Everyone signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4th. ___

Multiple Choice

5. What was the population of Sparta at the height of it's power in 400 BC?

A. 500,000 citizens and 25,000 slaves
B. 25,000 citizen and 100,000 slaves
C. 25,000 citizens and 500,000 slaves
D. 50,000 citizens and 75,000 slaves

6. What was the name of a the first person to use Acupuncture?

A. Shen-Nung
B. Sun Yat-sen
C. Ling Xiao
D. Chen-Leung

7. What was the first contraceptive used that we know of?

A. Papaya
B. Mercury
C. Lemons
D. Crocodile dung

8. The Shortest war ever fought was between which two countries?

A. Bulgaria and Greece
B. Zanzibar and England
C. Argentina and England
D. Serbia and Bulgaria

Short Answer

9. Please describe what a doctor would wear to treat those that suffer from the effects of the Black Plague.

10. What is Dwale and what was it used for?

He lifted a finger to his lip and nodded once. "Should all of you manage to score perfectly on these exams, I will be forced to ask those two that were the slowest at returning their exams to leave this class...for you see...only the best of the best will be allowed to stay. We have but three full time positions here...at this school. Best of luck, my students."

The rules
You have till 9:00 PM on August 19th to submit your test via PM to me. Please do not edit your posts after posting. Answer the questions the best you can

All tests will be graded on a normal percentage scale 90%+ = A, 80-89% = B, etc.

If all tests are 100% the last two people to turn in their tests will be eliminated. If not those two with the lowest scores will.

After submitting you PM, please do a post in here of your fae turning in their exam.

alliisara

Rein_Carnation

nekolulu

[Mistress Morbid]

jordahn19

shyembrace

lilbitetan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:34 pm
Araminta followed her Professor's every word taking the test with her to a quiet place in the chantry. There she sat down making sure she was comfortable to research her questions. Being the daughter of a teacher had its advantages which this student had no ill qualms about. Promptly she began thinking on her options and writing down her answers. When she looked them over and nodded in satisfaction Araminta packed up her belongings to return to the classroom.

"Professor Lazarus I have my answers ready" she spoke in a high end tone of being knowledgeable and prompt, "I must say it was fun to remember such poignant answers to your quiz." She stood tall once again proud of herself and knowing the Professor would approve she didn't even break a sweat.

"Thank you for your classes. I do look forward to attending more Sir." Bowing as her books were hugged tightly to her chest she then hurried out of the room back to that wonderful library she had found but a day ago.

"Such interesting history....." she murmured as her paws moved down a row of books. Settling upon an older text she pulled it from its dusty cradle then moved herself to a table and opened the contents starting to read.

Rein_Carnation

Crew

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

[Mistress Morbid]

Trash

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:01 pm
Huh... Well that was... Interesting. To say Zenith was out of his element with this one would be an understatement. He started at his paper, a little unsure about a question or two, but for the most part he felt he had done alright. From the test he looked back up at the teacher and frowned. Damn, he wished the previous instructor was still here. After her little exit number? Damn. He could sit in her class aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall day. ...Maybe.

He looked at his paper again, scratching at his ear where the twitch had died down before resigning to his fate.

Zenith sighed as he got up and handed his paper in. "A for effort right?" Hey. Atleast he had -tried-. Most would just say ******** it and walk out. The male shoved his hands in his pocket when the teach took the paper. "I admit. Not my forte. But I gave it a fair shot."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:16 pm
Sunshine smiles to herself as she takes her test to the library. This was her element. Book, research, and the smell of dust in the air; this would be fun.

About two hours later Sunshine walks back into the class room with her finished test. That was a little tougher then I thought it would be. she think as she walk up to Professor Lazarus decks. Setting the test down she smiles happily to the Professor. "that was a lot of fun. I had no idea that ...." Think it was a bad idea to go on cause she might give way answer, she stops mid sentence. "... well I just had no idea."

Setting the test in Professor Lazarus in-box, Sunshine turns and walks back out of the class and head to a near by window to work on some art.

OneWintersNite

Kindly Kitten

nekolulu

Intellectual Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:08 pm
Maes smirks this was is element he loved ancient history, he searched for a quite place to think. entering the library he finds a table and quietly and carefully writing down his answers he returns to Professor Lazarus.

Walking in he sees three students that beat him. He sets his test then then smirks~ " that test was interesting I like history. Thank you sir." He walks out then takes a walk to think~

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:49 am
Eukan strolls back into the room, frowning as he sees the others already present, he'd hand the paper in without a word before returning to his seat, he had spent some time in the library researching, perhaps too much it seemed.  

shyembrace

Dangerous Genius

8,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Heckler 50

lilbitetan

Rainbow Bloodsucker

9,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:06 am
Growling to at the test before him, Oliviar hated doing test. Taking the paper he slogs out of class room to find a nice pond to to the test in.

More then a half a day later Oliviar, crawls back into the class room the test in between his teeth. "Well that was fun." he says with sarcasm heavy in his voice. Setting the test on the professors desk; he walks back out the door to the pound he was at earlier  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:43 am
Once again, Remy came in at the end, looking abashed. "Ah'm sorry, professor sir, de library he'e is just too much fun ta look t'rough. De history of dis world is so complex, dere's so much to learn. Ah t'ink Ah got all de answers you was lookin' for, dough*."

(*though)  

alliisara

Eloquent Fairy

10,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Beta Explorer 0

serpentsong

Aged Survivor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:31 pm
He waited until all the exams were turned in, he watching each new piece of paper set upon his desk, his eyes alight as he began to look them over, it taking but seconds for him to grade each. "Good...good..." He placed the first two aside. "Hmm...I see." He shook his head and placed that test to the side. He continued to grade the rest of them, finishing up in short order before standing and handing out all the exams once more, grades written upon them in the upper corner in dark red ink.

"I am very pleased with most of these scores. Not a one of you failed this test, but..." He glanced at each and every one in turn. "That being said, that margin of error was very small, and in so being I have had to dismiss not two, but three of you from this class." He let his eyes fall on those that would be excused. "Eukan, Zenith, and Maes, I am sorry, but I would like you to collect your things and please leave this class."

Ancient History: Exam Scores
Oliviar : 10/10

Eukan : 9/10

Sunshine: 10/10

Zenith : 9/10

Maes : 8/10

Araminta Di : 10/10

Remy : 10/10

Farewells
Due to two of you scoring the same Mistress Morbid, Nekolulu, and Shyembrace shall be excused from the contest. Sorry guys.

He waited for those that had been selected to leave the class before he nodded once more. "I now beg you all to sit back and relax, your final exam will be beginning shortly..." The smile on his face grew wider, the darkness filling it as well as his eyes.

alliisara

Rein_Carnation

nekolulu

[Mistress Morbid]

jordahn19

shyembrace

lilbitetan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:47 am
The elder took his time setting up for this next test. He pulling in tables covered in vials and bottles of liquid. He placed these to one side of the main floor and then went to retrieve his next table. This next was accompanied with herbs and other plants that bore tempting fruits as well as exotic flowers. A young man followed in behind him, bring with many boxes that were certain to contain many an interesting artifact.

Once everything was assembled, Lazarus once more turned his eyes to his class, the orbs alight with a joy that proved that this was the one true test. This, all of this was what brought everything together for the man. He was in his element. "The occult. I am certain just the sound of it makes you shiver, my little students. Can you feel it? That sweet tingle of power that just hangs in the air at the mention of power?"

He laughed and moved to one of the many covered cases and reached behind the curtain, he pulling forth a small, white rat, his fingers petting it softly as it rested in his hands. "Magic, is what holds this wretched world together. It binds you and I to this whirlwind ride that we are on and keeps us from going insane.." He ran his fingers along the rats tail, he looking at the creature as one would a best friend. "Life...is sustained though magic.." He set the rat upon the table it scurrying about. "It is also the means to bring our deaths...be is fate...or..." He chuckled and waved his hand a bit as if to brush it away. "But I ramble, my dears. Surely you wonder why all of this is here."

He moved to the front of the section, he once more taking the small rat in his hands, placing him upon his shoulder. "I want you to impress me. Many of you have stated that you have some interest in the occult, in magic as a whole. So what I desire or you is to...create something. Something that will thrill me, entrance me, or perhaps even make me question why it is I did not trust you from the start. All of this..." He made motion to the items behind him, "..is at your disposal, and more. Alchemy, Voodoo, the Black Arts. Do what you must to show me that you understand the wonders of creation and the true power of magic." He chuckled and moved over to his desk, he waving his hand and the screen behind everything began to show a biography. "Someone, sometime ago thought it interesting to write up a bit about my life. I could not think of why, but, perhaps you will find that this is helpful in your creations."

Biography of an Elder: Lazarus
User Image

Name: Lazarus
Name Meaning: "God is my help"
Name Origin: Hebrew
Significance: Lazarus was risen from the dead by god to live a new life. So to has this elder risen from death to gain his power and strength in Tremere.

Place of Birth: Unknown
Year of Birth: Unknown
Family: Mother, Father, Younger Sister, Younger Brother (All Deceased)

Sire: Unknown
Year of Embrace: Unknown
Ghouls: Grace Ella

Area of Study: Thaumaturgy and Life and Death Magic. This covers the use of poisons, herbs, alchemy and anything else that can be used to create life or bring about a slow death. He delights in studying the effects of death on the body.

Personality: Lazarus is a creature of habit. Though his exterior may be that of a lounge-about teenager, what with his large t-shirts and baggy pants, he is hardly that. His office is always in the finest of order, everything in its place and books sorted by author on every shelf. He is proper in speech and presentation and hardly ever loses his temper.

He enjoys being a father figure to those of lower ranks, and will willingly take on apprentices to further their learning of the clan ways. This does not mean, of course, that he does not have his own motives in taking on said students. After all, one must taken action if it furthers one own studies, yes?

Background: Lazarus became Elder of the clan in a dark time, the numbers small and the activity low. upon his promotion he made a vow to himself that he would never let Tremere fall into darkness ever again. He made an alliance with the Prince and her clan in order to keep their strength in times of turmoil, as well a having ears in the Camarilla aside from his own. He would not be left out, they would not be left to fend for themselves again.

Since his promotion he has worked to revamp the workings at the University of Hermes, hiring new staff as well s taking on the role of principle himself. After all, one cannot lead from the shadows, one must lead by example, and that example must be present. He is a strict and disciplined leader and expects no less than sheer perfection from his students and staff.

As the words moved across the screen, the elder could not help but laugh, he shaking his head for but a moment before turning to the class. "For the sake of this test. I will allow each of you to ask me one question. Only one question, that you believe will help you. Now these questions cannot be ones such as. "What will give me the best grade?" I will not answer such things and you will miss your chance. I am being gracious in this, seeing as I rarely speak of myself."

He leaned back in his chair, he surrendering the floor to his class. "Please...do ask.."

Final Exam: Occult

Create something that will impress Professor Lazarus. This creation should be made using legitimate methods of the occult and can range from a simple potion to something much larger.

First: You are allowed to ask one question, which Lazarus will answer, to help you with your task (24 hours to do so)
Second: Write up a detailed description of how your creation is made. This can be a spell, a recipe, or just going through the actions to create it.
Third: Present this creation to the class and to the Professor.

Winners: Three winners will be chosen from the four remaining students. These will be based on who impresses Lazarus the most.

Prize: Your fae will be embraced (Through RP) by Lazarus. Plotting for this embracing will take place after the contest is over. (and you thought you were done RPing....NOPE!)

Q&A: 12:00pm, August 22nd
Creation Details: 12:00pm August 24th

If all entries are turned in before the given dates the contest may be ended earlier. <3 Thanks for all the fun guys! Good Luck!

alliisara

Rein_Carnation

jordahn19

lilbitetan

serpentsong

Aged Survivor

lilbitetan

Rainbow Bloodsucker

9,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:20 pm
Oliviar growls as the instructor finishes placing everything in the classroom. It seemed smaller now and he was getting light headed. When everything was said he thought about his question. Hmm? What source of magic are you looking for? No. Idiot! Ugh! Why are we supposed to do this? No! How much can we use? They were all wrong. Finally, one came to mind. What interests you the most? This question wasn't right either. He decided to ask a simple question that might throw him off, "May I use some seaweed?" He got a mischeivious smile as he tried to be 'polite'. He shivered at the thought. The room felt as if it were closing in on him, he felt closterphobic.

(spelling errors to the max right?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:42 pm
Araminta jotted down in her notes as the information was released. She was quite clever to start thinking on ideas right away what was presentable and what would falter. This would of course need definite research before she dived in making things "reality". Her ancient satchel her mother granted her carried many a literature of her based studies. This would help her come up with something definite and set in place for what she needed.

She paused for a moment as a question did come into play for her teacher, "Professor Lazarus Sir. What are the boundaries you will accept in a darker nature for the presentation?" She stood watching him as her eyes stayed transfixed. This would have to be something to attract his attention and also keep it.

Her fingers touched lightly on a few of the artifacts, "This shall be fun..."

Rein_Carnation

Crew

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

OneWintersNite

Kindly Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:23 pm
Sunshine grins happily, this was just the type of test she had been hoping for. Magic was a weapon, a protection, a .... Sunshine stops the though and looks around suspiciously. Then might try to still it she think to herself as if a class mate could read her mind. Stand up, Sunshine walks to the professors desk. leaning down she whispers to the professor "Well professor, I guess my question would be is the magic we may use and unlimited type, meaning does it matter the kind we use?" Not wanting to give to much away she what for his answer.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:53 am
Remy chewed on his lip. This, no doubt, would be a real test for the faelien; his race was not known for their skill with magic, and if anything, they particularly had a lack thereof, coming from a world that had not had any. Which meant that he would have to be particularly clever, and work particularly hard, to come up with something that both did what was requested, and truly impressed the professor. And that was really the point, right? So that made his question obvious, and he found it a little odd that none of the others had thought to ask it. The answer might or might not affect what he chose to do, but he still felt like he should ask.

"Sir, Ah was jus' wonderin', what'd be yous fav'rite type o' magic? Eider ta see o' ta do."  

alliisara

Eloquent Fairy

10,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Beta Explorer 0

serpentsong

Aged Survivor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:56 pm
Lazarus smiled and chuckled to himself as each new student came up to him and asked their questions, he committing them to his memory so as to be able to answer each in turn. After all, it would hardly be fair to leave anyone out after requesting the questions from the start.

He turned his eyes to Oliviar, the orbs narrowed to slits at the sheer ridiculousness of the the question. These were not the sort of questions he was expecting, and if all asked things such as this they would certainly have a time of things. "Seaweed, in it place is an applicable item to use, yes. I do not think it would be the best in all cases however."

He chuckled and turned to the next, he seeing Araminta sitting there, he nodding other once as his smile only grew. "Spells of a darker nature should be...contained. I do not desire this fine institution to be upended or destroyed in any sort of catastrophic act. Contained, and controlled, if you can do that much with any of the dark arts I do think all will be well."

His eyes then fell upon Sunshine, oh she was named so very well, the look on her face almost nauseating with the sweetness of it. "I do not limit your mind, or your actions to any certain type of magic, no. Though as i mentioned to your classmate, it must be able to be controlled. Do not go above your skill level and create a monstrosity that destroys my school." He laughed and looked to the last of his students, this one was the wild card, and intrigued him greatly.

"Favorite type of magic...a very good question. I myself specialize in lief and death magic. Alchemy, creating life from non-life and in turn rending that life useless if need be." He let a bit of good humor fill his eyes, though the feelings might be an act, he did love to see the reaction of the students when he spoke his nonsense. "Though i have always enjoyed a good illusionist act. Nothing like a bunny from a hat to get the blood boiling and the spiritual energy flowing through you." He laughed at his own joke before relaxing back once more.

"Now, I leave it to you, my students, return in two days time with your finals. I have high hopes for you all, so not disappoint me."

alliisara

Rein_Carnation

jordahn19

lilbitetan

✚ Archived Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items