Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cain the Blade

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:07 pm
User Image
Yun Sung

The one whos fists flow like the gentle river.

A splash of water would drip down the back of Autumn's shirt as Yun snuck behind her and bended cold water in the air. He chuckled as he continued to try and be sneaky.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:19 pm
User ImageUser Image
❄"Autumn Clematis Thea"❄
4'ft 9'in tall // 14 years old

Chi: 500

Water Bender...

Autumn shivered in the back of her spine of the sudden cold feeling. "GAH!" At the same time, she gotten frighten and jumped where she was to quickly turn around of the source. It felted so cold as if a ghost might be near by, but she couldn't be any more thankful that it wasn't as she thought. From there what she see's behind her is Yun, with water in his control. "Guh!?! Yun? You meany!" Autumn held a hand over to the back of her neck. quickly making sure he wont pore any more water on her back. "You wore hiding, didn't you? You should of told me you wore playing hide and go seek" She protest.

...Northern Tribe

Chilling2

8,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Cain the Blade

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:21 pm
User Image
Yun Sung

Yun shook his head.

"I was in the Pro-Bending matches a couple of days ago..."

He sat down at the edge of the water, looking deep into it.

"We were attacked...by a rogue spirit. Massive creature that took away the team me and my friend, Jethro, were competing against..."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:35 pm
User ImageUser Image
❄"Autumn Clematis Thea"❄

Water Bender...

"Huh? Pro-bending?" Autumn let's her guard down, seeing that Yun wasn't here to splash more water on her. "Oh yeah, I heard something about an spirit attack over to some place. Everyone's so surprise." She let out the thought that she heard just recently. So this is why Yun wasn't here, because he was there with the beast? "S-So it was true? The spirit... i-it can take people away, for good?" Autumn is now shivered from not the cold water running down her back from the terror of applicability the spirits can do. Autumn after all did encounter one of them that can mover her body like a puppet.

...Northern Tribe

Chilling2

8,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Cain the Blade

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:53 pm
User Image
Yun Sung

Yun nods.

"I was the only one along with my two opponents who stayed to try and fight it. Our teacher was there and he left, and so did the Avatar, who was also competing. My opponents were taken away by the beast, who said they were suitable hosts..."

Yun places a hand on Autumn's head.

"I think we should go to the Air nomads, and get more answers on this. There is a foul change in the wind...and I don't like it."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:11 pm
User Image
❄"Autumn Clematis Thea"❄

Water Bender...

((Didn't it said that the voice was only heard by the people getting telaported?))

Autumn was surprised to hear that the teacher and the avatar was there. Something like this that actually got them involved... It's very confusing to make of this, not really even sure to think herself of this. All she knows that Yun is here, safe.

When he placed his hands on top her head for comfort, Autumn grabbed onto his arm, having it keep on place. "If we gonna do something about this, than I will come. I-I'll be brave just like you." Not sure what's Yun plan is, but she is needed to help out so she will do her best. She's still a little frighten about spirit though. "I'm... I'm very glade that your safe." Autumn let out a cheerful smile that he is here by her side. With him, she wouldn't need to worry about the spirits or baddy's with him protecting her.

...Northern Tribe

Chilling2

8,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Cain the Blade

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:37 pm
User Image
Yun Sung

Yun didn't know why, after hearing Autumn say she was glad that he was safe, he suddenly hugged her tight. It lasted for a few seconds before he suddenly let go, a bit embarrased.

"I-I'm sorry.....didn't know what came over me..."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:46 pm
User ImageUser Image
❄"Autumn Clematis Thea"❄

Water Bender...

Autumn was a little surprise from his sudden hug, but it didn't bother her at all. An embrace with someone's arms is very nice, defiantly from parents. "Hehe, Yun's hug is nice!" She giggled after he let go. She didn't see any reason why he is embarrass. Isn't hugging a good thing? "I want more but let's do that later! We need to go, right?" She's completely cool about it, her cheering face is pump up ready to go. Another travel adventure awaits them.

...Northern Tribe

Chilling2

8,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Cain the Blade

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:47 pm
User Image
Yun Sung

Yun nods.

"Alright then, lets go to the docks. All of my things are still packed so we can get going right away."

Yun gets up and starts walking towards the direction of the harbor.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:53 pm
Autumn fallow

[exit]  

Chilling2

8,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Cain the Blade

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:30 pm
User Image
Yun Sung

Yun entered into the training grounds and went straight for the scroll house. Walking through, he needed a sword scroll; he intended on learning how to use his newly acquired blade. Searching through, he finally found one. He would borrow it until he had mastered the techniques. But first,he needed to finish his last technique for his novice waterbending. Walking out and over to the pool, he would learn his next technique: the tower technique. He had already memorized how the technique would be achieved. He would need to bend the water underneath him, creating a vortex that would lift him up into the air. To stay afloat, it would work the same way as swimming, but also using his chi to keep him up.

[1/5]

Standing on the water, Yun entered into his standard stance. He started off with a bit of a warm up, he started to bend the water back and forth, lifting it into the air and creating walls. Finally, he started his next step. He began to being the water underneath his feet.

[2/5]

In order to create the cyclone, he would need a make a circular motion. Yun began to move his arms and hands around in a circular motion, as if he was mixing water with his hands. The water would spin like a whirlpool, then rising up.

[3/5]

The water beneath his feet would ripple and turn, but nothing more. He needed to focus more of his chi into the motion. Closing his eyes, he concentrated, spinning more and more. The water began to spin beneath him and rise up.

[4/5]

Yun was rising slowly and slowly. Continuing with the motion, he began to slowly spin his body, mixing the chi with the water faster and raising the water higher. Finally, he had reached the maximum height. Looking down, he would swing his arms out, dispersing the water and landing in a kneeling position. He had learned the final technique, now onto the sword training.

[5/5]  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:01 pm
User Image
Yun Sung

Yun got out of the water and opened up the new scroll: the art of fencing. Yun had used swords and sabers before. However, he was unskilled and used them in a more unorthadox way rather than learn how to use them properly. Now, he had the chance. Finese, the art of the graceful blade, striking through thrusts and stabs were the strong points of the straight blade. However, to start learning the techniques, he would need to learn every bit of the weapon and the stance. He grabs his sword.

[1/7]

Before Yun could use his sword, he would need to become acquainted with it. He draws the jian from its sheath, looking at it and examining it. The blade was fire nation steel, a standard straight sword, nothing more nothing less. This was probably on its way to a military outpost. It's fine edge on both ends made it primarily a thrusting weapon, stabbing through the flesh and organs.

[2/7]

Yun moves down to the handle. While the blade was made in the Fire Nation, the handle had markings of the Western Earth Kingdom. Brass polished to a gold sheen with intricate carvings. The handled was wrapped with a leather, most likely shark and ray skin. He gripped it tight, it was firm, yet comfortable.

[3/7]

Yun, now familiar with the blade and it's properties, lifted it up. He held it out straight in one arm, getting used to the weight. It was light, surprisingly light for being a weapon. It was different from the watertribe weapons, which were mainly made of animal, and much different from sabers which were heavier. That was mainly because they were for lopping off limbs. He moved his arm around like an idiot.

[4/7]

The main part of using the blade was having balance. Because Yun had a weapon in one hand, his other half of his body would be lighter. For that, he needed to balance himself. The first part of balancing himself would be through his lower limbs.

[5/7]

Similar to waterbending, balance was kept through the stance. After reading the stage instructions and looking at the illustrations, the fencing stance was fairly similar to waterbending. Spreading his lights slightly and bending the knees, this would increase his movements as well as creating a spring type of motion when using lunges.

[6/7]

The next part of getting used to balance was the arms and the upper body. Creating a stance similar to using a polearm, Yun would have to use his left arm as a sort of counter weight. Holding the blade straight in his right, he holds his other arm out and extended back. Not only would this help keeping him from overextending his strike, but he could use his left hand as a counter to another weapon. He had the stance, now he needed to learn the techniques.

[7/7]  

Cain the Blade

Cain the Blade

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:47 pm
User Image
Yun Sung

Sheathing his blade, Yun moved onto the techique section of the guide. Sliding the scroll down further, he came upon the first, the basic of all moves for the straight blade. That is the lunge. This was easy for Yun, as he placed the scroll to the side.

[1/4]

Yun walked over and got into his stance. He drew the blade and held it at a resting position. Before he could act, he needed to, once again, get used to the weight of the weapon. Lifting up in one arm, he adjusted himself to the weight and the balance of the weapon. Shaking it and spinning it, mere excercises to prepare his arms.

[2/4]

After excercising, Yun began to do a sort of "soft" attempt at the lunge. He practiced lunging his arm forward slowly, then pulling back, getting his arm used to the movement of the technique. This was the most important move to the jian fencing style, since the weapon was straight.

[3/4]

Yun was now ready to see the full potential of the lunge. He enters his stance, his left arm back and his right weilding the sword out. Crouching, he lunges forward, thrusting his arm and stabbing it into a pillar of ice cleanly. He retrieves the blade and cleans it off.

[4/4]  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:47 pm
User Image
Yun Sung

Yun opened back up the scroll to the next technique. Unlike like with bending, which relied on dodging or redirecting other bending, swordfighting you are able to parry an enemy's strike. Actually, most of the fight is the two swords parrying one another until one can find an opening. This is what Yun was going to learn.

[1/4]

Putting down the scroll, Yun walked back to his original spot. He drew the sword and entered back into his regular stance. However, one thing made this training complicated, and that was the fact that he was by himself. Instead of fighting another person, he had to create a mental scenario.

[2/4]

Yun closed his eyes, everything turning black around him. He opens his eyes, a shadowy figure standing infront of him. In his hand, a sword. Yun enters back into his stance, the figure copying the same. Within seconds, he lunges at Yun.

[3/4]

A loud clang is heard. Yun blocks the attack with his blade. He pushes away, swinging down, catching on the enemy's blade. This would continue for several seconds. Finally, Yun caught the blade, spining his arm in a circular motion and disarming the enemy. He had learned to properly parry and attack and strike back.

[4/4]  

Cain the Blade

Cain the Blade

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:02 pm
User Image
Yun Sung

Yun opened back up the scroll for the last time, for now, to the final technique. He had already learned the stance, the strike, the lunge, and the parry. Now, he needed to learn one of the most important parts of the jian swordstyle. It is the counter.

[1/4]

Yun already knew the importance of the counter move. Battles, when started, always became a deadlock. Clashing and comparing blows to one another, each looking for the perfect moment to strike back. This was the counter, blocking the attack and the turning to strike at the enemy; most of the time using the force they exhert against them.

[2/4]

Yun once again entered back into his mental state, fighting a shadow warrior. The shadow drew its blade and charged at him. Their swords clash, sparks flying in the air from the cold steel touching one another.This would go on for several minutes.

[3/4]

Yun watched, the blades swinging into one another. He watched his opponent carefully. Finally, a change in the movment. He swings the blade, missing and then lunging upwards.Yun leans his body to the side, pushing up the blade with his left hand and then stabbing with his right. A perfect counter. He had finished his training in the first stage of the jian fencing style. Sheathing his blade and placing the scroll back in the scroll house, Yun made his way to the healing hut where Autumn would most likely be.

[4/4]  
[WT] North Pole - Northern Water Tribe

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces